[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens appreciation thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: sheev.jpg (7 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
sheev.jpg
7 KB, 250x188
Can we have a Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens appreciation thread?
Every other thread seem to be a le edgy contrarian thread that shits all over it, mostly made by people who haven't even seen it yet.
I went to the midnight premiere yesterday night and honestly it was great.
Not only the movie but the experience with so many people dressed as their favorite characters and so on.

>that first scene where Poe asks who should talk first
>that bro as fuck TIE fighter escape
>that Han Solo moment
>that Han and Leia reunion
>those Kylo Ren getting angry scenes
>Rey being the Jedi and not Finn

G O A T
>>
>>63776222
>those Kylo Ren getting angry scenes

Those were retarded. He was a raging manchild, nothing like the commanding presence of Vader. For the first time in a Star Wars movie I actually wanted the villain to die.
>>
Really enjoyed it desu. I feel that Kylo is weak right now because he's like a frightened child and can't really control himself. I honestly see him ending up as a grey Jedi by the end of all this.
>>
Solid B+ for me

I liked how they didn't have kylo kill anyone every time he got mad
Added a little more depth to the character
>>
>>63776266
What? Does scenes were great. I laughed so fucking hard because it just establishes him as a child thats not yet developed. It was great.
>>
A lot of people in other threads are praising it. Just admit that you wanted your own thread.
>>
>>63776266
look at this edgy faggot mad because the he can't insert as a 2cool4skool villain

Kylo was an interesting villain BECAUSE he was flawed.
>>
>>63776222
I honestly wasn't expecting to like it to much, everything about the trailer seemed like they were trying to hard to remake A New Hope. Expected it to be kind of like the Abrams Star Trek movies: serviceable, but overly reliant on nostalgia and references...

...but I was wrong and it was fucking great. There was some of the stuff I feared, but it was all handled well enough that I didn't even care. Great performances and a nice new set of characters. I am excited for the rest of the trilogy.
>>
>>63776266
That was the point
>>
>>63776222
how do you know they haven't seen it yet?

seems to me since most of the criticisms are about stuff that's actually in the movie, they probably have seen it.

this contrarian word is about t make me throw up. it's at the top of the winter 2016 buzzwords catalog! make sure you fucking say it today for maximum conformity and self-perceived coolness and sophistication!
>>
>>63776266
The point
Your head
>>
>>63776266
As the others said.
THAT'S THE FREAKING POINT
>>
>Sheev not even mentioned
AUUUGGGH
>>
>they don't like my movie
>CONTRARIAN CONTRARIAN CONTRARIAN

Even the positive reviews are calling it a rehash
>>
>>63776513
Don't you mean AAAUURURUAURGGHHHH?
>>
>>63776222
I liked it quite a bit, but I thought Luke's reasoning for fucking off was a little weak, and sort of made him look like a punk. They should have made it to where he thought the Jedi and Sith were too dangerous to have around, considering that they're usually in the center of all the major galactic wars in history.

>"Balanced in the force was achieved when dad killed Sheev, so I'm done. No more Jedi=no more potential Sith. Let the normies take care of themselves for once."
>>
>Rey being the Jedi and not Finn[\spoiler]

This gives me the most mixed feelings. Where does that put Finn in the cast? Rey is a Mary Sue that can literally do everything. She pilots the MF no problem, she can use a light saber and somehow use the jedi mind trick with no training or instruction. Finn isn't great at anything; and that's okay. But the problem becomes everyone else is great at everything and that just leaves him in the dust.
>>
Did anyone else thing it was hilarious how they hyped up Captain Phasma and then killed her in by throwing her into the shitter then blowing up the planet?
>>
>>63776547
That will be explained more in the next sequels, along with Rey's godly skills. It was Setups: The Movie. It still was good tho.
>>
File: keep-calm-and-poe-dameron.png (387 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-poe-dameron.png
387 KB, 600x700
Keep Calm and Poe Dameron
>>
>>63776266
You clearly know nothing about character development. He is a star wars villain, like vader before him. The way he was written was genius. His character played with audience emotions throughout the film. He seems like a fan boy with a lot of power, then when he first takes off his mask and rey counters his mind reading he suddenly seems a lot less powerful than it first seems, making him vulnerable. The dialogue between Han and Leia makes the audience think that he is a boy who has been completely lost within himself and manipulated by Snoke. Han just wants to bring his son home, and it seems as if Ben was going to come with him until he kills his father without much physical remorse. If that isn't fantastic character development then I don't know what is. You are a fucking faggot anon.
>>
>>63776573
Janitor
>>
Gwendolyn Christie was underused OK IMO
>>
File: 1449623332289.jpg (307 KB, 1857x749) Image search: [Google]
1449623332289.jpg
307 KB, 1857x749
>>63776222
>local theater holds a Star Wars trivia competition
>one of the questions is "what is Palpatine's first name?"
>some autist actually shouts SHEEV shamelessly

Kind of a bullshit question though considering it has nothing to do with the movies.
>>
>>63776547
>but I thought Luke's reasoning for fucking off was a little weak, and sort of made him look like a punk.

Luke is and always has been a fucking stupid punk. He gets ONE good sequence when he fights Vader/Sheev and that's it. He is too stupid to think before he acts because it worked ONE FUCKING TIME.

I have always hated that my parents named me after him. I'd have rather been named Leia. At least she wasn't some dumb fucking bitch.
>>
File: 1307385129462.jpg (46 KB, 181x204) Image search: [Google]
1307385129462.jpg
46 KB, 181x204
>Can we have a Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens appreciation thread?
>Every other thread seem to be a le edgy contrarian thread that shits all over it, mostly made by people who haven't even seen it yet.

You mean every other thread is a shill Disney thread or a Reddit thread?
>>
>>63776616
We don'rt know she's dead.
>>
File: 1450435279614.jpg (229 KB, 627x720) Image search: [Google]
1450435279614.jpg
229 KB, 627x720
>literally muh feels plot, exact clone of New Hope
>hamfisted nazi references
>zero exposition (what is the status of the republic, what planets were destroyed, how does the first order still exist, how did they build a 100x bigger death star in less time than the entire empire)
>no grand overarching plot points besides "dude social justice lmao"
>no real-life parallels like OT and prequels had with the Cold War and post-modernity

Literally would take Lucas back at this point.

Attack of the clones looks good by comparison.
>>
>>63776616
The actress has been confirmed for the next film you stupid faggot
>>
>>63777794
>zero exposition
This was my biggest gripe, that and the exhaustingly fast pacing. Enjoyed the movie though.
>>
>>63777517

I don't think we've seen the last of her. If she were dead, they would have shown her death on screen
>>
>>63776573

Fromw what I saw it seemed rey got lucky as fuck to get out of the fight, she dragged the millennium falcon across half of jakku. The falcon really got the shit beat out of it this movie.
>>
File: funnhan.jpg (47 KB, 355x236) Image search: [Google]
funnhan.jpg
47 KB, 355x236
>mfw traveling through hyperspace is even easier than dusting crops, boy. Without precise calculations, you could fly right out of a hangar bay or bounce too close to a planet-sized superweapon, and that'd end our trip real quick, wouldn't it?
>>
>>63776222
Try watching the movie again in 2 months, then we'll all puke together brother.
>>
>>63776425
>>63776435
>>63776482

If that was the point how are you supposed to like him in the next movie?

>>63777449

If the writing was so "masterful" how come at the end of the day I felt like this movie was a piece of shit, even just from this aspect? If he played with my emotions so well, why do I feel at the end that I didn't like him and regret seeing him onscreen? Sorry but it was just unconvincing. Adam Driver as an ugly Snape lookalike edgy goth emo kid that throws tantrums, whereas earlier we saw him as some super-Sith with a badass voice who orders the execution of a village. That's not "good writing", good writing is meant to be believable.
>>
>>63777615
>Sheev

Why does everyone call him this bullshit now instead of Palpatine or Sidious? Is this a meme?
>>
>>63777615
>I have always hated that my parents named me after him. I'd have rather been named Leia

Are you male or female? Also no offense but your parents sound retarded. Wonder if there are any toddlers named "Katniss" around.
>>
>>63778794
>how come i felt like this movie is a piece of shit
Because you're autistic
>>
>>63778794

autism and a lack of both understanding and appreciation for writing
>>
>>63776432
You have control issues.
>>
>>63778794
The quality of writing in this post suggests that no one should consider you an arbiter of good writing.
>>
The Good
>Finn was a better character than expected and his journey from coward to fighter felt appropriate
>Driver was better than expected as Ren, but I had trouble understanding his motivation to be darkside. There should have been more explanation why he turned against Luke, hopefully this will be expanded in sequels
>The gags were appreciated and didn't feel out-of-place
>In terms of style and visuals, the lightsabre duel in the dark, snowy forest was the best in the entire saga, just wish it had lasted longer and the characters had more to fight for
>Han Solo was great and really held the narrative together. Was by far the strongest bridge between the two trilogies

The Bad
>Don't see why they had to kill off a character as iconic as Solo. Ford must have wanted out
>The over-arching narrative of this trilogy will obviously be Ren's redemption but I don't think I care enough to see him redeemed.
>Snoke was just awful, almost farcical character
>I thought Luke would have played a much greater role. He wasn't in the movie proper and his reveal was very lackluster.
>The movie is very flat around the middle when they visit Maz, the pacing didn't feel like star wars at all
>Spend more time recalling the previous trilogy than advancing this trilogy at all
>Rey was an uninteresting character with a confused backstory, wasn't rooting for her like I should have been
>>
>>63776222
Checked t.b.h
>BB8's lighter thumbs up
I don't care if it's a meme character, it's still cute as fuck.
>>
>>63780290
>Don't see why they had to kill off a character as iconic as Solo
To their credit they actually made it a part of the plot in a way that will have ramifications in the future because it was his own son that killed him and he has a shitload of internal conflicts going on

it wasn't like some random stormtrooper or phasma were the ones who killed him
>>
Kyle Ren is a faggot
>>
I loved how the reveals were handed, no massive fanfare or epic music for the MF and Solo coming back. Then the relationship of Ren to the characters was just outright mentioned.

For all their poetry of the OT they didnt copy that reveal
>>
>>63778794
>>>/v/
>>
>>63780466
I didn't like that desu.
>>
>>63778636
But its actually good though

There are things that are shit for sure but overall its very enjoyable
>>
Best part of the movie.

The sun draining into Starkiller base while Kylo Ren and Han Solo confronted. Once the sun goes fully dark is when Kylo goes full darkside. Like I felt he genuinely had a confliction on whether or not to go with his father or stay on the dark path. Though it was niffty
>>
File: pepe popcorn.jpg (92 KB, 768x783) Image search: [Google]
pepe popcorn.jpg
92 KB, 768x783
>post yfw the Luke reveal
>>
File: 1444799532851.jpg (78 KB, 466x353) Image search: [Google]
1444799532851.jpg
78 KB, 466x353
>>63780535
>>
>>63780535

>reveal

We knew exactly what was coming. She was going there to meet Luke. If we had just randomly encountered some robed guy halfway during the movie and he turned around to reveal he was Luke then I would have lost my shit. But when you can see it coming from a mile away, it looses impact.
>>
>>63778037
Underrated post
>>
>>63780620
This.
>>
File: 1412927233060.jpg (33 KB, 600x553) Image search: [Google]
1412927233060.jpg
33 KB, 600x553
>>63780535
>>
The only thing that bothers me is that they didn't make any reference to the Prequel.

Ok, it was very flawed and shit, but could you please recognize that, albeit flawed, it's on the same fucking universe? Damn...
>>
>>63780535

>still having popcorn after 2 hours
>>
>>63780702

they mentioned the parliament, that's enough
>>
>>63780702
The planet they blew up looked just like Coruscant and they talked about using clones as well.

>>63780708
I was paying so much attention during the movie that I was left with like a third of my popcorn when it finished. Doesn't help that I really needed to take a shit.
>>
>>63776222
thought it was fucking great
also Kylo Ren is a punk as bitch
>>
>>63780339
I have to say that Solo's death or the whole character arc were not very well handled in this film. Of course he has a long history in the original trilogy but there never seemed to be a real connection between Solo and the new cast. It was a bit shocking I admit but I still cared less than when Obi-Wan died in Episode IV.

It's a shame really. Wasted potential.
>>
>>63780535
What the fuck JJ, I was expecting at least a one liner from him.
>I was expecting you.
>The Force has Awakened.
>I am your father.
>I haven't seen this lightsaber in a long time ... a long time ...
>Rey, did I ever tell you etc. etc.
>>
I just got home from this movie.

Holy shit that was great. Might see it again, I've never done that with a movie before. Really enjoyed basically everything, left me really not wanting it to end
>>
>>63780314
Yeh this got me big time, was wall-e tier banter
>>
>>63780726
The parliament? But there was no parliament on the prequels, but a senate... And, IIRC, they talk about an ongoing parliament, not the ancient one

>>63780727
Was it really Coruscant? I'm really in doubt about this.
>>
>>63776266
Dude, it's setting up a universe. It's the first movie in a planned trilogy, you have to look at is as a whole not as a singular part that needs to explain everything.
>>
>>63780805
It wasn't Coruscant. It was a planet Mon Mothma is from, I can't remember the name but they said it in the movie.
>>
>>63780805
No, it wasn't Coruscant, but it looked just like it. According to the new EU it's the new Republic capital, Hosnia Prime.
>>
File: eat ass.jpg (46 KB, 589x533) Image search: [Google]
eat ass.jpg
46 KB, 589x533
>>63778794
>If that was the point how are you supposed to like him in the next movie?
>like
>the villain

You're supposed to HATE the villain. Jesus Christ.
>>
Is there a torrent out?
>>
>>63780825
>>63780826
Well, then, there was a wholly total of 0 (zero) references to the prequels.

That bothers me.
>>
>>63776313

this tho
>>
>>63780870
>clones
>>
>>63776266
Those were actually the best scenes about him you fucking philistine
>>
>>63776266
Shit taste detected.
>>
>>63780847
>You're supposed to HATE the villain.

Incorrect you can like villains aswell, why do you think Vader and the Empire are so popular in pop culture then?
>>
File: star-wars-rey.jpg.resize.400.jpg (17 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-rey.jpg.resize.400.jpg
17 KB, 380x380
Anyone else like Rey's cheeks?
There is something about them that makes her mouth sexy

Anyone see what I mean?
The slight protrusion
>>
rey has a fucking hot accent
>>
File: thisfucker.jpg (63 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
thisfucker.jpg
63 KB, 1920x1080
>>63776266
unfortunately adam driver in general was hit or miss. i'm surprised he was in the military (but only trained) and does shows for veterans, but he still came off as this pic related faggot.
>>
>>63780943
I don't know why but she reminds me of Shmi.
>>
>>63780974
It's the forehead.
>>
>>63780290
the actual way his death scene was executed (no pun intended) was a bit awkward. however, Ford has wanted out from star wars since a new hope. jj granted the wish lucas would never give. seriously, ford will probably never talk about star wars again unless forced to (and that's totally okay).
>>
>>63776573
>no training
She was trained by luke alongside Kylo and had her memory wiped by luke after kylo betrayed the new jedi order. Was this not obvious to everyone else?
>>
The coolest thing about this movie was Kylo's ship

It looks so badass
>>
>>63780892
Oh, fuck, you are right.

>Well, then, there was a wholly total of 1 (one) reference to the prequels
>>
>>63781105

Who are you quoting?
>>
>>63781125
Myself, but with a correction.
>>
>>63780290
>The gags were appreciated and didn't feel out-of-place
This was a bad thing imo. There were far too many of them.
>>
>>63776616

Why did they do such an evil thing to her like put her to die in the garbage compactor? What did she even do wrong?
>>
>>63780770
>>63780770
Those are all fucking terrible. It's amazing that they gave him no lines.
>>
>>63776573
sanitation
>>
>>63776222
Back to reddit
>>
>>63781332
Of course my lines are terrible, but the scene was too long and got awkward really fast. And without some closing sentence the ending felt weird.
>>
>>63777517
They already confirmed that her character will be back for episode VIII so she probably survived the trash compacter. They need to bring Boba back too dammit!
>>
File: 1445954176580.jpg (40 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1445954176580.jpg
40 KB, 600x400
>>63776222
watched it yesterday. Many people thought the movie blows and were disappointed, mostly because the plot was so fucking thin and lacks any original ideas, instead we get a recycled Episode IV. Also, the acting was mediocre at best. Daisy Ridley being the worst by far. A friend of mine said it felt more like a Hunger Games movie than Star Wars and I agree.
>>
>>63781081
oh, nice. I thought the light saber had been force infused with knowledge and shit but I guess that makes more sense
>>
>>63781320
She was simply too dangerous to let go or hold hostage. She's also not stupid - self-preservation is in her best interests and she didn't like her chances against a Wookie and two guys with blasters pointed at her head.

She is not dead though. She's confirmed to play a "big role" in the upcoming films - and presumably will have a personal vendetta against Finn.
>>
>>63781105
Just thought of another one. That dude in red that Finn almost leaves with has a helmet based on Grievous' design.
>>
>>63776222
I like it.

It's what every critics and friend that saw it before said: a good movie, but without any risks, and really close to a new hope.

Finn is my favorite character. He works really well with Poe, got a fantastic vibe from them, especially at the base.
>>
File: 1417537399802.jpg (198 KB, 1900x816) Image search: [Google]
1417537399802.jpg
198 KB, 1900x816
>>63780535
>>
>>63781759
>She was simply too dangerous to let go or hold hostage.

Why? She didn't do anything for the whole movie. The fact that she even has a name baffled me (I must have missed it), since her character development was basically "stormtrooper with silver suit". At first I thought she was a fag with a very effeminate voice (I watched it in Italian though), then I realized it might be a woman.

It still doesn't justify executing her by crushing her in the fucking garbage compactor. They should have just shot her in the back of the head, doing that is downright evil though. The actress that plays her looks quite beautiful though, I guess they'll reveal her face in the next movie.
>>
>>63781863
>without any risks

If there were risks they were probably unintentional, like the gorilla stormtrooper, edgelord bad guy or everything else wrong with the movie.
>>
>>63781905
>Gorilla storm trooper
Finn? I like him a lot. He's my favorite, maybe because Pau didn't have much screentime vut many people agreed that he was very well played.

The edgelors bad guy was well played as well in my opinion. He was a better Anakin than Anakin.
>>
It's literally worse than prequels. Generic Disney blockbuster with forced leftist agenda and New Hope plot.

>>63781668
>A friend of mine said it felt more like a Hunger Games movie than Star Wars and I agree
>>
>>63782015
I forgot to add: basically this.
>>
>>63776266
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!
They want to make him look like a stupid fucking child who don't know shit and only wants power.
He's essentially Elliot Rogers with a lightsaber.
>>
>>63777794
>no parallels with the cold war
I then knew this was bait
>>
>>63780290
Harrison Ford have wanted Solo to die since A New Hope. The reason they froze him at the end of Empire was because they were uncertain if he would come back for another movie.
>>
>>63780727
They blew up Hosnian Prime. Did you even watch the movie? They both talked about it and showed the planet.
>>
File: sweaty stormtrooper.png (723 KB, 1227x704) Image search: [Google]
sweaty stormtrooper.png
723 KB, 1227x704
>>63782008

He was ok but I don't understand why they cast someone with such ridiculous gorilloid facial features, and made us look at his sweaty face for 10 minutes. In every scene in the beginning he is sweaty. And he even drinks out of a water trough with that beast of burden. What the fuck are they trying to say here?
>>
>>63780702
There were lots of references to the prequels. They were mostly pretty small and discrete though.
>>
>>63782175
I know it wasn't Coruscant, but it's obviously made to look like it.
>>
>>63780847
>You are supposed to HATE the villain

>>>/a/
>>
>>63782194
>implying you wouldn't be sweating your ass off in the middle of a desert in bumfuck nowhere
>>
>>63782194
They weren't trying to say anything because they aren't low key racist like you senpai
>>
>>63782194
It's because he did an interview and gave the type of performance that they wanted
>>
>>63782207
It didn't look like it. And no. Hosnian Prime was the current capital of the new republic. They vote for new capitals all the time now. And of course a capital is a planet filled with large buildings. And there ends the similarities.
>>
>>63780702
'Sith' was mentioned once.
>>
File: 1448550748583.jpg (136 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
1448550748583.jpg
136 KB, 546x700
>>63782194
That it's hot on a desert planetor that hz was under lots of stress, who would have guessed?

And when you're dying for water, you drink water, even if it's dirty.
>>
>>63780961
QWOD JUMPAH
>>
>>63782305
It seems they want to get away from the whole sith/jedi thing. It's more like dark vs light without the titles. Neither Snoke or Kylo are sith.
Snoke might have been sith in the past, but he isn't anymore. Just a powerful dark side user.
>>
File: suspenseful.png (110 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
suspenseful.png
110 KB, 500x381
>>63782276
>/pol/ shits on Boyega for no reason other than le sweaty nog stormtrooper
>Finn is actually fucking based and steals the show in every scene
>>
>>63776266
Thats his character. A troubled and confused teenager. Most people can identify with someone like hat. But he happens to be very powerful, which makes him unique and a threat. You're supposed to hate him because he's a villain.

Not every star wars villain has to be darth vader.
>>
These new stormstroopers are so edgy i love it. hell they dont even have guard rails for most of their shit
>>
>>63780967

My respect for him grew a lot when I found out he was in the Marines and infantry at that. Before that he was just some jew that looked like Ted from Bill&Ted.
>>
>>63782407

I like how the stormtroopers had some personality and actually were personally angry at finn for being a traitor
>>
I'm not sure where all the hate is actually coming from, but I thought Daisey was the character that stood out the most. Kylo was great too, Ford felt like he didn't give a shit. Carrie fisher, top kek 3botox5me
>>
>>63782407
When the two troopers were looking for them on Jakku, I realised how a true stock would look fucking good on blaster.
>>
>>63782313

Then how come Anakin and Obi-Wan weren't sweaty as fuck when exerting themselves fighting on a fucking lava planet? It's a movie, you don't have to position the camera on this negro's fucking skin. Reminds me of movies where you see sweaty slaves in cotton fields.

Likewise they could have shown him drinking water from a well, a canteen, a sink, anywhere else. The logic behind this bullshit is razor thin. They deliberately made him drink out of a water trough for beasts, just like he himself is a beast with that apelike face where you can only see his lower row of teeth and that gigantic jaw.
>>
File: finn concept art.png (34 KB, 154x173) Image search: [Google]
finn concept art.png
34 KB, 154x173
>>63782347
>Finn is actually fucking based and steals the show in every scene

Maybe I missed something seeing it dubbed but to me he was like a token black guy that always freaked out, almost like Snails from the Dungeons and Dragons movie. He wasn't that memorable, he was just there. And no racism or anything but he does look like a fucking gorilla. Mirin them quads he has though, guy must do his squats. Also, was calling him "Finn" (a race of superpale blonde nordics) supposed to be some kind of irony?
>>
>>63776222
>>that bro as fuck TIE fighter escape
So fucking contrived and silly, it might as well have been in the Prequel Trilogy, with Jar-Jar in the gunner's seat.
>>
>>63782573
They were sweating, but the red and black lightning doesn't really show that.

He was desperate you idiot, he tried to drink but the people wouldn't let him.
>>
>>63782659
Weren't you paying attention? Poe just calls him Finn because his "name" was FN whatever.
>>
>>63782701

Yeah I know what the storyline reason for it was, but I wonder what the hell the writers had in mind. They could have called him anything else.
>>
>>63776415
>serviceable, but overly reliant on nostalgia and references.
This describes TFA as well. There was too much nostalgia shit. Giving Harrison Ford AND his monkey such big parts in the second act was too much.
>>
>>63782748
They weren't thinking of race when they wrote the character, Boyega just gave the performance they were looking for.
>>
>>63782685

How the hell did they even escape that cable thing? How did they manage to overlook that the fighter was tethered? It just snapped randomly, total deus ex machina.
>>
>>63782802
They strained the fighter until the cable snapped. Duh.
>>
>>63782659
>Also, was calling him "Finn" (a race of superpale blonde nordics) supposed to be some kind of irony?
was calling her "rey" a possible reference to dangerous stingrays that use their pointy prods to defeat bad guys?
>>
>>63782789
they were thinking of race
abhrams has diversity quotas
>>
>>63782868
[citation needed]
>>
honestly rey's acting for fucking horrible. i did not enjoy any scenes in which she had to display emotion. her best parts where when she was masked in the crashed star destroyer. also her choreography with kylo at the end was fucking horrible
>let me just swing this dangerous weapon around randomly with no finesse or control
that scene looked like shite
>>
>>63782789

I doubt it man, I think there's subliminal messaging to everything, just like the evil mostly white space Nazis, ayyliums with the rebels, troopers massacring some desert village ISIS-style, black man holding his own against sniveling privileged white fuccboi, etc.

>>63782843

A "Rey" is not a thing. A "Finn" is though.

Probably a reference to Ray Goldberg aka R@ygold though.
>>
>>63782659
>Maybe I missed something seeing it dubbed

You really did
The best part about his character was his performance particularly regarding his delivery of lines, I'm sure a dub would fuck that up
>>
>>63782910
Because she has no training with a lightsaber, genius. Of course she's going to be clumsy.
>>
>>63782843

it's a reference to rei from evangelion
>>
>>63782918
>R@ygold
>>
>>63782843
Rey means king in Spanish.
>>
>>63782948
if she was clumsy then how did she defeat a properly trained sith warrior?
the only reasonable explanation is that she was trained by luke and had her memory wiped
as such, she wouldn't be clumsy?
>>
>>63782940
>The best part about his character was his performance particularly regarding his delivery of lines

Did he do it in a stereotypical exaggerated "black" way? Because that's the feel I got from his expressions. Like when they're taking off and he says something like "aww hell naw!"
>>
>>63776222
the thread you are looking for is at the Star Wars official website that's where the circle jerk party is at.
>>
>>63782997
possible reference to rey pegging finn in future movie?
>>
>>63783023

he does a bit, but it's actually endearing and entertaining
>>
File: 1420801374410.jpg (52 KB, 410x509) Image search: [Google]
1420801374410.jpg
52 KB, 410x509
>>63782659
Was calling her Rey a reference to Japan and Rei Ayanami? Who gives a fuck, they're not even human, they don't even come from Earth.
>>
>>63783002
Kylo was pretty badly hurt from Chewbacca's shot and his fight with Finn, plus she was fucking pissed. If Kylo had been uninjured, he would have wrecked her.
>>
>>63783042

they're both mary sues who are the most important girl in the universe
>>
>>63783044
>avoiding the fact she's an utter mary sue
okay friend
>>
>>63783002
>if she was clumsy then how did she defeat a properly trained sith warrior?

The Force is strong with her
Also Kylo Ren was weakened by injuries (this is bullshit but whatever)
She had "combat experience" with her electric dildo or whatever
I think she wasn't actually a better swordsman than him, it was only when their saber locks that she overpowers him and wins the lock, and I think that's only because she was channeling the Force
>>
>>63783075
>The Force is strong with her
the force is strong with him too you dumb nigger
>>
>>63781081
It's one of those details that only fans would notice who are capable of actually absorbing the film into their already developed synthesis of the world, missed by cosplayers, nostalgia weepers and trolls.
>>
File: 0022 - AnURDjc.jpg (16 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
0022 - AnURDjc.jpg
16 KB, 500x386
>open catalog
>30+ SW threads without even scrolling town to count more

how about you make a general you cancerous fucks
>>
>>63776222
4=5>6=7>>>>>>>>>>>1=3>2
>>
>>63783112
general would be utter fucking mayhem
>>
>>63783042

Could have been, actually. But it might have been just coincidence. I mean just because the Stormtroopers are named after the Wehrmacht's Sturmgrenadiere it doesn't mean everything else has to be symbolic. Just carefully placed things.

Also Vader looks a lot like Vater ("father"), as in Luke's father, or a reference to the Vaterland of the Empire (Reich).
>>
>>63776266
thats the point. He was an ass. I have seen asses all my life
>>
>>63783142
yeah, but that was george lucas that was naming the characters
we're talking about jj here
>>
>>63783097

Well I guess at that moment maybe she decided to use the force (it "awakened") and he didn't? He didn't seem to use force abilities for any of that fight except when trying to grab Luke's saber. And she got it instead of him, so her force was stronger ostensibly. I know it's bullshit but it's the only thing I can think of for why a trained saber user would get overpowered by a little girl.
>>
>>63783192
the only reason is jj's consistent lack of character development
>>
>>63783169

JJ is a jew so I'm not surprised he's inserting more SJW shit to subvert white people, order, civilization and so on.
>>
>>63776344

By your definition all 4chan's autistic retards are interesting, because they are flawed.

To be interesting you need to have some possitives aswell, Kylo didnt.
>>
>>63783216
wew lad
i wouldn't go that far
>>
>>63776266

>Anakin is a whiney bitch
>Luke is a whiney bitch
>Kylo Ren is a whiney bitch

Seems pretty typical for someone with Skywalker genes
>>
>>63776266
>>63783168
He reminded me of an angry 10 year old on Xbox Live, which made him really scary, because he has so much power.
>>
>>63782202
Please, anon, elucidate me

>>63782305
Ohshit, it's true
>>
>>63783226
i feel like the idea could've worked, but the execution was poor
the whole 'le funny angry teen!!' and the general presentation of kylo's actor made his angsty attitude feel cheesy, more like a 'haha isn't this like all angry teens!?! XD' rather than 'this is a legitimately troubled young man'
>>
>>63776547
Luke went to the Jedi Temple for a reason, that we don't know yet. Not to really hide, the only hiding he did was Rey.
>>
I enjoyed it a lot. I'm not really into Star Wars and only watched the previous movies once or twice. I really liked seeing fans happy in the theater.

>Flatmate is massive Star Wars sperg
>Spends the majority of 2013-14 raging over Jar Jar Abrams/Disney
>Gets so worked up he gets fucking mad at me when I don't express the same kind of outrage.
>As the trailers come out and more is revealed the hate is replaced with hype.
>Watch Star Wars on premiere
>Wall crawl and music starts
>Flatmate is already fucking crying

He's a fucking sperg, but I was happy for him. And happy I liked the movie so I can look forwards to seeing the next and maybe get into Star Wars.
>>
>>63778794
>how come i felt like this movie is a piece of shit
because it was
>>
>>63777449
I really hope they don't make Kylo Ren do the Darth Vader flip and join the light side at the very end. If he does then the whole scene between him and Han would be pointless.

I hope he becomes more and more evil that he's just a giant ball of evil force at the end.
>>
>rian johnson is directing VIII
ill be a fucking ripper lads
>>
>>63783389
I think it'd be cool if he did turn good, but not as a final act of redemption like Vader. He should join up with the Resistance and help them defeat the First Order, like Zuko from TLA.
>>
>>63783192
The saber had been 'calling out' to her in a previous scene. Only thing I can think of is how Harry Potter wands work - the saber chose her/the light side of the force.
>>
Am I the only one who LOVED Snoke?
Being mislead into believing he's huge and then realizing how intimidating it must be to stand in that room and talk to that huge hologram
>>
>>63783288

Agreed, it was cringeworthy. Also, I could never take orders from such a child. If he was my CO as a trooper I would just frag him first chance.
>>
>>63783482
that lightsaber was made by luke
the only reason for rey to have a connection to it is if rey had a connection to luke
>>
>>63783516
that scene was goddamn amazing
>>
>>63783516
I didn't really like his design. He looks like an Engineer on meth.
>>
>>63783525
Obviously she's related to him. I'm betting on the 'daughter who had her memories erased' theory.
>>
>>63783516
I just hate his fucking name. Why did they call him snoke? Was it George Lucas?
>>
>>63783626
she's just an ex-student
>>
>>63783549
I absolutely loved that we got to see way more of the bad guys. Redhead hitler, Snoke, Kylo ren and Redhead hitlers rivalry, how the Deathstar worked and how they're building it on planets (Though it confused me when they tried to travel with the speed of light to the Starkiller but ended on a snowy planet).

Hopefully we'll actually see how Kylo Ren is going to finish his training (AKA what would've happened to Anakin if he did that thing).
>>
>>63783626
there's nobody for luke to dick down tho
>>
>>63783676
Anakin->Luke.
>>
>>63783676
if phasma comes back with a vegenance and one of those riot-club things i will coom
>>
File: captainphasma.jpg (127 KB, 740x960) Image search: [Google]
captainphasma.jpg
127 KB, 740x960
>>63783703
Pretty sure she will.

The Empire covers for all the characters had their ships/transport under their names. And we didn't see Phasma's ship in the movie I think. So I guess they designed that for her for a mission in Ep VIII where she will hunt down Finn.
>>
>>63781081
This was never implied anywhere at all, apply yourself
>>
>>63783654
But she's max 6 years old when she was abandoned on the desert planet. Can you learn to become so powerful with the force in such little time? I think it's more likely her force powers are strong/the saber calls out to her because she is related to Luke by blood.
>>
I like how Gwendoline Christie said that she plays an important woman that is not judged by her flesh blabla etc. and when we actually see her in the movie she does nothing but fuck up, litterally nothing cool or exciting
>>
>>63783703
speaking of which, i saw a source video the other day of that riot-club x finn fight
does anybody still have that?
>>
>>63783850
the younglings in the prequels were only 5 or so
>>
\>>63783850
Snoke literally says: There has been an awakening. I don't think she was trained.
>>
File: CWOy4JEUYAAcyP2.jpg (171 KB, 1000x1378) Image search: [Google]
CWOy4JEUYAAcyP2.jpg
171 KB, 1000x1378
I really, really enjoyed TFA, especially Kylo's character (holy shit I was not expecting Adam Driver to be able to pull off acting in a Star Wars film so perfectly).
Plus, I wasn't expecting to enjoy Rey, Poe, and Finn so much. Of course I do have some complaints about the film, but they don't take away from how much I loved the film in general:

-Where the fuck did Phasma go? They hyped her up to be such an important character, and then they kind of just... threw her in the trash. But I'm really hoping she'll be in the next film.
-Most of Harrison's lines kind of felt like "HEY, LOOK AT THIS REFERENCE, DO YOU REMEMBER THIS STAR WARS REFERENCE? HEY? HEY?" which felt a little bit jarring at times (imo this is my biggest complaint, lol)
-It really did feel like a rehash of Episode IV

Of course these complaints are just minor, I loved TFA.

>>63783288
I get what you mean, though I interpreted it as him being troubled because he can't handle any sort of emotions, lol.

>>63783853
Hopefully she'll actually be important in later movies. I kind of feel like TFA is setting up the new Star Wars universe for later films.
>>
>Jedis used to be trained from a young age to become more adept force users
>Luke tries this, but somehow Kylo gets seduced by the dark side anyway
>Mindwipes Rey as he starts a journey to find old jedi temples to find out how they used to do this shit

It fits
>>
>>63783938
>Where the fuck did Phasma go?

She's the new boba fett. Cool armor, but does fuck all.
>>
>>63783142
>Also Vader looks a lot like Vater ("father"), as in Luke's father, or a reference to the Vaterland of the Empire (Reich).

I watched Pitch Perfect too
>>
>>63783525
No, Luke made the green lightsaber.

That lightsaber belonged to Anakin and Luke both. It was the one Luke lost in ESB. It went to her because the force is strong within her and she's possibly Luke's child.
>>
>The Force Awakens is a bread-and-circuses carnival (disguised as “The Rapture,” a young videomaker told me) that is intended to keep millennial audiences docile. Maybe that explains the film’s unavoidable sell and both the media’s and the public’s desperate genuflection. Love of Star Wars is not love of cinema, just consumerist habit. The Star Wars Generation — that unfortunate rabble primed to see these films at the precise moment they were becoming culturally responsive — are not necessarily the audience the movie brats deserved; they’re spawn of Baby Boomer affluence and narcissism. Star Wars turned their natural curiosity and wonder into self-satisfaction, artificially dependent on media and merchandising (a tragedy also evident in Apple and Pixar evangelism).

Eat shit, you video game playing plebs. You're retards who are simply giving money to Disney for shiny swords and explosions, just a Michael Bay film with a strong brand and loyal neckbeard nerd culture.
>>
>>63783923
She was made dormant, thus the awakening when confronted from aspects of her old life.
>>
>>63784245

I didn't
>>
>>63776266
>nothing like the commanding presence of Vader

>guys, why is that guy who is supposed to be nothing like vader, nothing like vader? that's so retarded oemgee
>>
>>63783951
>Luke tries this, but somehow Kylo gets seduced by the dark side anyway

Why do people miss Ben went to Luke when he was already being seduced by the dark side?
>>
>>63784245

I thought someone said Vater doesn't sound like Vader, and that movie only wanted to appear smart?
>>
>movie is a generic rehash of old movie
>you're "contrarian" if you don't praise a generic rehash of old movie

lmao, oh man, I wonder what other dumb shit you do besides actually separating yourself from your meager wages to let Disney and Abrams blast your pleb brain with light swords and space ships for 2 hours. jesus christ.
>>
>>63784470

I'm no german but that's most likely the case
>>
File: 1428637927036.png (213 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
1428637927036.png
213 KB, 500x382
>>63784473
U mad that it was Citizen Kane 2 essentially, nerd?
>>
>>63784470

It doesn't, it just looks like it orthographically. German "Vater" sounds more like English "Father", actually, but the "th" sound is a straight up "t" and the "er" is with a long "e" instead of an "ur".
>>
>>63784421
When did they say that? And was Snoke some family friend or something? How the fuck does Luke not notice that there's a Sith lord seducing his nephew?
>>
File: hmmjustasithought.jpg (19 KB, 320x386) Image search: [Google]
hmmjustasithought.jpg
19 KB, 320x386
>>63776222
It was solid a-okay. 7.5/10 hyped for the next movie. Everything I don't like has already been stated, so has everything I like been stated by you, but extra point to Poe AGAIN where he combokills the TIE fighters in Maz' planet.
>>
>>63784393
>supposed to be nothing like vader
>menacing cloak
>full black outfit
>helmet
>a fucking sith
>speaks in few words, and when he does they are heavily vocoded
>a fucking sith
the b8 is weak with this one
>>
>>63784568
He wasn't written to be a new Vader, but his character wants to be Vader

Are you dense?
>>
>>63784470

I can see americans mispronouncing vater as vader with a t sound instead of a d
>>
>>63776266
and thats why i liked him

which is why i was extra glad he didnt die

character development at work
>>
>>63784559
exactly my opinion
a good abrhams movie, nothing spectacular
but goddamn, rian will be able to work some wonders with the sequel
>>
so is it a flick or a film?
>>
>>63784594

yes
>>
>WAHH why isn't this board a safe space to discuss a stupid child's movie??

Maybe try reddit.
>>
>>63784587
>He wasn't written to be a new Vader
>speaks in few words, and when they are they are heavily vocoded
>>
>>63784618
A spot in a hate machine is something I personally appreciated, because there's where some objectivity, or at least an effort to, no matter how miniscule that is, can be found.
>>
>>63784587
>He wasn't written to be a new Vader
>speaks in few words, and when he does they are heavily vocoded
before that interrogation scene, the movie, the trailers, even the posters build him up to be a leadership figure similar to that of vader

you're in denial, friend
>>
>>63784550
Leia talking to Han. She is force sensitive, don't forget, and must have noticed the changes in her son.

From the little pieces we've got, I think Kylo is being given false visions of Vader since a young age, probably by Snoke.
>>
>>63784706
You didn't even watch the movie did you?
>>
4/10 Star Wars VII A New New Hope
>>
>>63784735
boy i've watched it twice
>>
>>63784351
Why the fuck do you care what I spend my money on?

Did you spend your money on it? If no, why the fuck are you shitposting here, let alone in any TFA thread? Even worse, youre just parroting some shit another fucking asshat hater wrote.
Unoriginal scum.
>>
File: 5a2.jpg75.jpg (37 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
5a2.jpg75.jpg
37 KB, 400x386
>saw the movie drunk
>nodded off few times, its a fuzzy mess for me
>i am considering going to it again because although i kind of remember the general plot i dont remember anything specific
how bad idea is it
>>
>>63784620
>>63784706
You both didn't watch the movie, is ok to admit it.
>>
>>63784351
Oh I read that article. Yeah, I can see where's he's coming from, and I genuinely respect that. It's just that my realization that there's nothing I can do as an individual to change the higher power to actually make 'Star Wars as it supposed to be', whatever that is, makes me just shrug the whole things. Fortunately, it also allows me to enjoy what I like and cringe at what I don't, and that's enough.

My personal verdict: TFA is a safe movie, and it's okay.
>>
>>63784473
General consensus is that it's good but not great or fantastic, because the film didn't take any risk.

I'd watch it again with pleasure but I'm not taking its cock down my throat.

Gotta find some miffle ground Anon.
>>
I want to hold hands with the Rey!

I want to kiss the Rey!

I want to marry the Rey!
>>
>>63784773
It's not prequel tier, I'm watching it again. It was very fun to watch.
>>
>>63784773
Eh I'd say why not. It's pretty fun, but it pretty much screams prologue to grander things, and it lessens the fun for me. It's still good where it's good, still. I'm still conflicted between actually like it or laugh at how obvious they want to reach the SJW audiences.
>>
>>63784773
Go ahead.

Good movie, not great, but good, far better than the prequels.

Acting is fucking good. Finn/Poe best bro team [/poiler]
>>
>>63784876

I want to hold hands with the Kylo!

I want to kiss the Kylo!

I want to marry the Kylo!
>>
who the fuck is Snoke? or rather What?
Is he palpatine? is he an AI? what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>63784876
>>63785028

I want to see Poe hold Finn's hand!

I want to see Poe kiss Finn!

I want to see Poe marry Finn!
>>
>>63785028
>>63784876
I want to fuck Poe!

I want to fuck Poe!

I want to fuck Poe!
>>
>>63778840
It's his official first name in the new canon thanks to the 2014 Tarkin novel. Everybody thinks it's stupid and hilarious. Thus, Sheevposting was born.
>>
>>63782015
For you.

As a leftist myself, I guess it just a cool movie with explosions, lightswords, dogfights and shit.
>>
File: the rey.png (326 KB, 577x716) Image search: [Google]
the rey.png
326 KB, 577x716
>>63784876
I know, me too
>>
>>63785062
All of those questions and more will be answered in future sequels and licensed tie-in expanded universe media.
>>
>>63785062
Darth Plagueis.
>>
File: 002.jpg (372 KB, 927x1200) Image search: [Google]
002.jpg
372 KB, 927x1200
Would you?
>>
>>63782450
>respect
>for basically admitting you're a useless dumbshit with nothing helpful to contribute to society and handing yourself over to be a cog in the military-industrial machine

fag
>>
>>63785182
calm down there tumblr
>>
>>63784876
Control yourself, Finn.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.