[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I haven't seen the Star Wars movie yet, but I can already
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
I haven't seen the Star Wars movie yet, but I can already tell it's sell out, over hyped shit. How true is my assumption?
>>
>>63775407

Pretty wronWHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING?!?!
>>
same, famm

from what ive heard/read it sounds like a rehashed ep4

will probably catch a torrent in a few months or w.e
>>
There is LITERALLY no way it could have lived up to all the hype.

It's pretty good.
>>
>>63775407

What's funny is you probably think Dredd and Mad Max are SIMPLY EBIN :D:D
>>
>>63775407
Nostalgia -fest.
The board most likely barely watched it.
It was better than all of the prequels combined.
>>
File: download.jpg (22 KB, 184x274) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
22 KB, 184x274
>>63775460
I can think of a few movies that could live up to this level of hype.
>>
just like the other 6
amirite?
>>
>>63775503
Star Wars has a pretty hype-machine for profit history, you can't say someone that hasn't seen it yet is a LITTLE cautious.
>>
File: 1446385925165.gif (208 KB, 540x575) Image search: [Google]
1446385925165.gif
208 KB, 540x575
>>63775407
This.
>>
It's episode 4 remade in 2015. Enjoyable while you're in the cinema, but once you get home, you realize that you'd seen it all before.
>>
>>63775516
Feel like naming them?
>>
>>63775503
George Miller is a much, much better director than JJ.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (14 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
14 KB, 284x177
>>63775614
This sexy shit.
>>
In terms of pacing it feels VERY similar to ep4

There are two real problems in my opinion

The first is that this script does a fucking terrible job of conveying the right amount of information in a proper amount of time. In ep4 you could tell that there was more to the story you weren't necessarily being told, but the narrative you were given was given sufficient context to still make sense. You still cared when the whole thing is said and done.

Ep7, because it is part of a larger universe, has a lot of information that needs to be conveyed about what happened during the time skip in order to reach our starting point, and it does a bad job of it. It never feels like the whole picture, or anything close to it, is revealed to the audience and that makes it hard to emotionally invest in the narrative and characters.

The second major problem is that in my opinion the narrative was intentionally written in a way where you know they removed content, or else didn't 'complete' narrative and character arcs, because they had the mentality of using the sequels to finish the development. The problem is that it makes for an unsatisfying film because it leaves you confused and somewhat apathetic. At the end of the day, ep4 as a stand alone film still works. Ep7 absolutely would not.

Not a BAD film, but nowhere close to the realm of 4, 5, and 6.

Maybe tellingly, its about a 7/10
>>
It was painfully average.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.