[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is Coruscant kill or what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7
File: CoruscantGlobeE1.png (735 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
CoruscantGlobeE1.png
735 KB, 800x800
So is Coruscant kill or what?
>>
There is no confirmation that it was Coruscant.
>>
Apparently it wasn't Coruscant

I don't know why they made it look like Coruscant if it wasn't

The other thing is that it supposedly wiped out the Republic Fleet but it would have been nice if we could have seen said fleet decimated so we know what the Republic lost
>>
>>63775199
>an entire, literally entire planet is covered in nothing by 100% urbanised areas and cities and buildings
>people live perfectly fine

God star wars is fucking retarded
>>
>>63775253
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Blockade#The_start_of_the_Berlin_Airlift
>>
>>63775199
No, you idiot retard.

They clearly say in the film that Starkiller Base blew up the Hosnian system. It was probably the highest population target they could access from their location, or even more likely, it was where the majority of the Republic's fleet was.

Of course, if they'd stopped for 5 seconds to explain what the fuck just happened we might know this without needing to read a god damn novellisation
>>
How did the Starkiller base move?

Also how, despite it needing to get close to stars to charge, was it still covered in snow and have an atmosphere?
>>
>>63775529
How fucking dumb is the Republic? They gotta be one of the worst militaries out there.
>>
>>63775616
everything about this fucking base is stupid

- we dont know how it moves
- we dont know how it doesnt just snap freeze to fucking death with every single living thing that isnt a stormtrooper completely dying with no solar energy when moving from place to place
- we dont know how the first order funded such a bullshit project
- we dont know how the atmosphere even holds together
- we dont know how the lasers go faster than light
- we dont know how they see Hosnia Prime get nuked from Maz's castle
- we dont know why it DIDNT just blow the fuck out of coruscant
- we dont know why it didnt blow the fuck out of Chandrila
- we dont know why Snoke wasn't there when every other important leader was

starkiller base is a fuck up
>>
>>63775253
Name the problems?
>>
>>63775714
Snoke would have know not to be anywhere near the Laser Ball since he knows damn well what happened to the first two.
>>
>>63775241
It was Coruscant. And you could see the fleet getting rect, they were in the lower atmosphere. You can see them explode separate from the planet.

RIP coruscant.
>>
How come there is still a Resistance or whatever if the Republic has been re-established? This is some People Liberation Army tier shit.
>>
>>63775714
you forgot
>how the first order, that's much smaller than the empire, managed to build such a bullshit project
>>
>>63775199
If so, that's J.J. saying fuck you to the prequels
>>
>>63775199
It was Hosnian Prime
>>
>>63775876
The New Republic doesn't care about Luke Skywalker and all that hokey shit. The First Order is basically a cult at this point, and not really of concerne of the New Republic. Leia disagrees for obvious reasons, so she gets to command a small military resistance to stop them and find Luke Skywalker.

Of course, the New Republic was wrong and gets rekt.
>>
When they founded the new republic they made the hosnian system the home system.

It was then destroyed by the Starkiller base and all of the republic fleet.

So the resistance and the first order are pretty much comparable strength wise.
>>
File: 1446191306163.jpg (17 KB, 330x327) Image search: [Google]
1446191306163.jpg
17 KB, 330x327
>>63775253
>virgin males who think Star Wars is hard science fiction
>>
>>63776000
So they learned fucking nothing and got Sheeved by the Sith again? Topkek.
>>
Isn't the New Republic capital Chandrila though? Is that also in the Hosnian system or did they change it again to Hosnian Prime or what?
>>
>>63776140
Why did they move to Chlamydia from Coruscant?
>>
>>63776466
Coruscant was still being fought over and Chandrila was Mon Mothma's planet and 100% Republic. It's in the Aftermath novel.
>>
The First Order won. They pretty much cucked the New Republic easily. Losing starkiller was like losing all your B-29s right after Nagasaki, so who cares
>>
>>63775762
People prefer natural to man-made settings. It's an evolutionary thing.
>>
>>63775889
they did have 30 years. Not sure how long the original death star took, but death star 2 was (almost) built pretty quickly.
>>
>>63775529
Apparently they blew up the home world of the New Republic. So once again the Republic is dead. Bravo JewJew.
>>
>>63776540
They're not as large as the Empire and they had to keep this shit hidden from the Republic all that time, what the fuck.
>>
File: 7.jpg (973 KB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
973 KB, 3024x4032
>>63775199
>>63775232
>>63775241
>>63775529
>>63775873
>>63776140
>>63776580

Hosnian Prime was the current home planet of the new republic. They vote for new planets every now and then to prevent planets from wanting to leave the republic like the whole separatist movement from the prequels.
The new republic don't see the first order as a threat and thus don't care about them.
>>
>>63775199
it was hosnian system you stupid fuck did you even watch the flick
>>
>JJ in charge of Star Trek
>blows up Vulcan

>JJ in charge of Star Wars
>blows up the main system of the New Republic
>>
>>63776757
It's fucking stupid that JewJew literally killed the entire faction off without giving them ANY FUCKING SCREENTIME.
>>
>>63776757
>The new republic don't see the first major threat as a threat and thus don't care about them.
BRAVO FUCKING OH JAY JAY
>>
>>63776860
just like Onderon :^)
you see its like poetry
>>
>the Empire built not one but two planet-destroying weapons

>oh hey we defeated them but lets just give them some territory because we can't be bothered to finish the job
>what can possibly go wrong

>30 years later
>system-destroying weapon
>>
>>63776757
Huh. That's cool, I suppose that's going to be in the new novels.
>>
>>63776757

Wait so there are still imperials that are separate from the First Order?
>>
>>63776615
>>63775889

They also used an existing planet instead of building it from scratch. Not that it would be that much easier.

>>63775714

A planet doesn't need a star to be habitable when you have technology. There's near-unlimited heat energy in the core of any planet. And especially a planet that literally stores stars inside of itself somehow.

Which brings us to the real biggest stupidity: The fact that it can store a star in such a small space without everyone on the surface turning into pancakes from the gravity, that is unless it turns into a black hole.
>>
>>63776939

tune in for the next installment to find out
>>
>>63776860
That's just one system. There would be a fuckton of them in the Republic and they can just have elections like before.
>>
They literally did nothing wrong and if they had one the war the galaxy would be in peace.
>>
>>63775714
>- we dont know how they see Hosnia Prime get nuked from Maz's castle

It's sort of how in JJ's Trek movie Kirk acts a fool on the Enterprise so they randomly deposit him on some frozen planet and it turns out that Spock was exiled there only a mile or so away from where Kirk randomly landed.
Not only that but they can both see Vulcan getting destroyed from the window where they're at.
>>
>>63776980
they never could have won the war, sheev was playing both sides for his own agenda, he started that shit
>>
>>63776980
They were controlled by Sheev just like the other side was that was the whole fucking point.
>>
So was Luke on Rakata Prime?
>>
Would Jar Jar be alive and still a senator so he dies?
>>
File: mindblown.gif (2 MB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
mindblown.gif
2 MB, 288x288
>>63777051
>they made it canon
>not mentioned in film
>kinda looks like it from kotor
>>
>>63777191
Well he as back on Naboo at the time of ROTJ, so probably not
>>
Can someone explain to me why the fuck does New republic sponsor "rebels" when they have their own fleet?
Aren't FO rebels here?
>>
>>63776860
As I said they vote for new planets to be home world for the republic. which means there are many more planets.
>>
>>63776939
Where did you get that idea from? It could be. But I suppose most of them are people who simply just didn't want to be a part of The First Order ans is now living peacefully in the new republic.
>>
>>63776954
We don't know shit about the technology they use for storing it. It's not like they just move the star inside, they probably contain the energy like some sort of enormour battery, and have technology that prevents it from having any gravitational effect.
>>
>>63777294
same reason usa sponsor isis

:^)
>>
>>63777294
According to the new republic, the first order is harmless. And they don't support the resistance. Leia have no power at all in the new republic.
>>
File: 1405519140823.jpg (36 KB, 719x693) Image search: [Google]
1405519140823.jpg
36 KB, 719x693
>>63777051
>mfw luke becomes revan
>>
>>63776860
worldbuilding is hard, just switch off your brain lmao
>>
>>63777560
Well, FO general said about resistance supporters and I kinda believe him.
>>
>>63776757
From which book or guide is this from?
>>
>>63777758
I don't know the name of it. I have photos of about 16-17 pages from it.
>>
>>63776939
There are likely empire worlds and republic worlds, but part of the galactic concordance probably had the empire eliminate any remnants of the sith in it.
So maybe in 8 we'll see some kind of attempt from the first order to reunify with the empire, while the damaged republic also seeks their aid against the first order or something.
>>
>>63777560
Yeah it says in the illustrated book that Leia specifically had been slandered consistantly in the new senate and they didn't trust her, she had to send a delegate separately to Hosnian Prime to represent the resistance. Pretty funny since the new republic literally used the rebal alliance logo as their own.
>>
>>63776954
I´m not sure I got it when i saw the movie Did the planet contained a star? like a dyson sphere, or did they just absorb the power from a star in the system. In that case they would need a lot of stars, or the abaility to move the planet to make the starkiller base usefull more than twice.
>>
>>63778582
It absorbs stars and it can move.
>>
File: 1449247539178.png (616 KB, 572x674) Image search: [Google]
1449247539178.png
616 KB, 572x674
you know what pisses me off most about this new Star Wars?

it's how Disney retconned the entire expanded universe, but still made Han's son the bad guy

it's like, can't they come up with something original? why ever retcon it at this point?
>>
>>63775529
>They clearly say in the film that Starkiller Base blew up the Hosnian system.

So how am I as a viewer of all the movies supposed to know that Coruscant is not in the Hosnian system?
>>
>>63776121
Snoke is using the dark side to make everyone stupid again like Sheev.
>>
>>63779027
Because they show the fucking planets and none of them looks like coruscant.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.