[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disappointment of the century, so fucking mediocre and bland.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: 1-JJKathy-NO-LOGO.jpg (136 KB, 2400x1200) Image search: [Google]
1-JJKathy-NO-LOGO.jpg
136 KB, 2400x1200
Disappointment of the century, so fucking mediocre and bland. Literally a cheesier, more rushed, clone of Episode 4.
>>
>>63774453
>Disappointment of the century

FOR YOU
>>
>>63774504
Nothing fucking happened. A bigger death star gets blown up thrice in a shitty sequence, Han Solo dies suddenly and LITERALLY NO ONE CARES, not in the movie, and not in the theater, and Luke shows up for 10 seconds, and doesn't say shit.
>>
>>63774542

>Nothing happened

Were you asleep half the movie?

>NO ONE CARES

Clearly you were asleep. Chewie went berserker, Finn and Rey freaked out, Leia felt it from miles away. Dude sitting to my right gasped out loud (as did several other folks in my theater).
>>
>>63774453

No anon, you're the disappointment of the century :^)
>>
>fucking it was just another New Hope
>Completely disregards how none of the characters can be related outside of their archetypes
>Completely ignore what The Hero's Journey
>"W-w-well Joseph Cambell wasn't smart!"
Holy fucking shit, and people wonder why /tv/ is considered worse than /b/?
>>
Thought it was pretty good not as good as OT but much better than expected
>>
BRAVO JJ
>>
>>63774687
THERE WASN'T EVEN A FUCKING FUNERAL, HIS DEATH WASN'T ACKNOWLEDGED 15 SECONDS AFTER IT HAPPENED.
>>
>Luke fucks up with Kylo
>Goes to hiding, and lets Kylo fuck everything up for no fucking reason.
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 480x572) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 480x572
>Positive reviews almost across the board
>Everyone loves it
>/tv/ has done nothing but shit on the movie since it was released
>>
>>63774453
I think back when Star Wars came out in the 70s, the whole thing including effects was just mind blowing. Now these new movies come along and it just looks the same as everything else but is still very well polished and carried by the brand name so it will do incredibly well
>>
>>63774846
As are the plebs on imdb, but the bots have the rating inflated.
>>
>>63774846
angry virgins, bro, this is all they do all day
>>
SPOILERS
It was horrible. Star wars was turned into just another action film just like with the prequels.

The music would not shut the fuck up. The comedy would not shut the fuck up. The HEY REMEMBER THOSE OTHER STAR WARS FILMS lines would not shut the fuck up.

Qui gon was given more mourning than han.

Leia your fucking husband was just killed by your son. Why are you hugging a stranger that you just met for the first time.

Why are cheering at her departure. Why are you not mourning.

The only one who cared was chewie for 10 seconds, and then he just gives up han's seat in the falcon the second he can.

Also jj use of the camera is just disgusting. That spinning camera finale scene with Rei holding out the lighsaber to Luke just looked retarded. Shes just sranding there for more than 30 seckons screen time with arm out there with Luke just staring at her.

Last, traveling in space used to be special. These fuckers literally say the name of a planet and they are already there
>>
>>63774687
>Leia felt it from miles away

It was more like light years away but whatever I'm probably splitting hairs and you're going to call me a turbo autist
>>
>>63774453
>Literally a cheesier, more rushed, clone of Episode 4
Is there maybe another way you could phrase that? Maybe a shorter, more intellectual statement conveying those thoughts?
>>
>>63774773

Because nobody knew it happened back at base, you goon! When Rey and Leia exchanged looks and hugged wordlessly? That was the acknowledgment - everyone else was celebrating. Is Leia supposed to shit all over the victory by being like "HEY CALM YOUR TITS GUYS - MY EX HUSBAND WHO MOST OF YOU DIDN'T EVEN KNOW DIED SO HOW DARE YOU BE HAPPY WE SAVED BILLIONS!"

Idiot.
>>
>>63774947
you're fucking autistic
>>
>>63774846

You're on 4chan and /tv/ specifically - you somehow expected better? This is where rationality goes to die.
>>
>>63774935
Fuck I made so many spelling errors
>>
>>63774935
>reckons

Yeah, I'm really going to listen of the opinion of a retard with spelling like that.
>>
>>63774947

Fair enough - but yeah the point stands. She felt it.
>>
>>63775008

Psst - that's how the word is spelled, sparky.
>>
>>63774957
Then how in the fuck do you explain the camera jumping back to Leia and having her crying her fucking eyes out with no one else even upset, even in the background. She has the force you fucking tool box, she can sense life forms. You honestly don't think she sensed her son killing her fucking husband/lover whatever you want to call him. Cause if you think that, you are a dolt!
>>
>>63774957
> is she supposed to shit all over the victory

Since when is mourning over a dead general after a battle spoiling the victory you fucking retard. How many war films do exactly this to have bitter sweet endings?

Sweet jesus this retard over here
>>
>>63775065

Hey, genius, this is me too >>63774687

I made that point already.

And again, the combat mission was in full swing - she wasn't going to derail the war room with that info. She just handled it silently and pushed on... LIKE A GENERAL WOULD DO.

Christ, no fucking reading comprehension with these kids.
>>
>>63775072

>General
>Han

Han wasn't a Resistance general - he clearly left the Rebellion sometime following Jedi. Are you just mad because there wasn't an onscreen funeral? That seems to be it.
>>
>>63774957
In episode 4 the rebels mourned the dead spies that were never even shown when they got the amazing news that they had the design plans for the death star
>>
>>63774846

How do I upvote this post? (I'm new)
>>
>>63775164
Han was referred to as a general and a legend

You are fucking kidding if you think everyone at the base doesnt know who Han Solo of the rebellion is when some nobody fucking stormtrooper does

How fucking dumb are you
>>
Kylo Ren

Darth __________
>>
>>63775372
moronic aspie
>>
>>63775372

Darth Conniption?

This movie is epic in the levels of meh it got from me.
>>
>>63775372

donkeydick

hes gotta have one with a face like that

he literally looks like a man donkey hybrid
>>
>>63775372
Darth Glib Facsimile
>>
>>63774846
>Positive reviews almost across the board

Except that's not true you retard. At best they are mixed.
>>
>>63774846
You know you have shit arguments when your main comeback is "most reviewers loved it!"

Please. You are the ones riding on your manchild feels. The criticisms of the movie are fucking totally valid.
>>
I was disappointed that this shot was not in the movie.

a version of it with his hood off and saber already ignited is in it, but the one where he walks up and lights up the saber is just for the trailers I guess
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.