[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been 15 long years and now we can finally put these
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 600x300
It's been 15 long years and now we can finally put these behind us.

/tv/ you don't know how happy I am that Star Wars is alive again.

It's crazy how bad 7 made the prequels look, sure it has flaws but fuck me it has everything 1-3 lacked... Humanity.
>>
THE PREQUELS WERE BETTER THAN EPISODE 7
>>
>>63773825
>contrarian: the opinion
>>
As somebody who actually likes the prequels better then the originals, is 7 worth seeing?

Does it try to do it's own thing or is it just pandering to original trilogy fans? Go ahead and spoil me if you have to to explain, I don't care.
>>
>>63773791

I hate how people are shitting on the prequels even harder now. As if they haven't been shit on enough.

I've seen atleast a hundred people say that Episode 7 was the first legit Star Wars film in 32 years and other anti-prequels/they never happened bullshit. Why the fuck did Lucas hand it over for.
>>
>>63773791

>a shitty rehash that can't come up with an original idea in its life and just rips off less mainstream Expanded Universe material, waters them down and pilfers them to a casual Star Wars audience and "nurd culture" and just repeats all the token tropes of sci fi adventure which Star Wars fucking began or popularized in the first place is better than three original albeit flawed films

We've seen the kind of film prequel haters apparently love /tv/

I'm not gonna act like the prequels were perfect films by any stretch, for as much as they enter the realm of good they also enter the realm of mediocre or just cringeworthy, but I'll take a C- paper that actually tries to do something original and new over a plagiarized B+ paper that still is below the A minus paper it's copying.
>>
>>63773976
>As somebody who actually likes the prequels better then the originals, is 7 worth seeing?

Dude, seriously, how in the fuck can you? I'm willing to hear you out but you're on extremely thin ice.

7 make no reference to the prequels, it's more for OT fans.

>>63774002
Kek
>>63774008
Lel
>>
>>63774002
>Why the fuck did Lucas hand it over for.
$4.000.000.000
>>
>>63774089

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>63773825
Pretty much this.
The prequells were mediocre but they were still better than this traiwreck.

Star Wars is officially dead.
>>
>>63773791
>but fuck me it has everything 1-3 lacked... Humanity.

If by "humanity" you mean laziness, lack of imagination, greed, cynicism, and inability to give characters more than one dimension without making them wastes of skin, then sure.
>>
>>63773976
>As somebody who actually likes the prequels better then the originals, is 7 worth seeing?

Depends on strictness of your criteria. It is literally 4 with better SFX and worse chatacters.
>>
actually 7 gave me a new found appreciation for the prequels.

lucas genuinely went into them with the purpose of establishing new ideas. he could have very easily relied on callbacks and pandering the way abrams did but decided instead to try something new.

no matter how shitty the result is, that sort of good intention makes the prequels slightly more affable to me than the new film.
>>
>>63774148
>>63773825
VII is on par with 3, certainly better than I and II, but it lacks soul. Its basically the marvel formula applied to episode IV. All those callbacks and jokes, all of those were never present ins tar wars. there was some humor here and there, but never so blatant and pandering like this.

George may have dun goofed with the PT, but at least he did so with an honest heart and it w as fresh take on Star Wars, VII may be better, but its so hollow.
>>
>>63774213
They knew everyone would compare it to the OT and people hated the PT for many reasons, largely since they where so... "Different"

People wanted Star Wars, and 7 is exactly that.
>>
>>63774273
Literally ever other scene in the prequels is a callback to the originals. Lucas only intended to sit his fat ass down whilst staring at "Camera 1 and Camera 2" then rake in the dough
>>
>>63774089
>Dude, seriously, how in the fuck can you? I'm willing to hear you out but you're on extremely thin ice.

Basically, I think the prequels handle worldbuilding (the originals did a great job too, but I think the trilogies do it even better) and action better, but the plot, acting, and tone of a lot of scenes is worse, but I never particularly thought the original trilogy had an amazing plot or acting anyways, so I don't feel it's that much of a benefit.

The things the prequels do better are things I value more in the type of movie the star wars movies try to be. If the original trilogy had a more interesting narrative, and didn't have any of it's own goofy moments, and was 100% serious and moody all the time, I'd probably like them better, but that's not how thy aree and I feel like thee prequels benefit from going to the extreme end of the spectrum.

tl;dr I just watch the star wars movies and movies like them for different reasons that the prequels scratch the itch better for.

If 7 does it's own thing and sets it's own tone like the prequels did, I'll be fine with it. If it tries to do the best of both the original movies and the prequels, i'll bee fine with it. If it's just a nostalgia fanwank for the original trilogy then i'll hate it.
>>
>>63774275

The thing about the Marvel formula is that it's less about substance and more about the manipulation of basic emotions. Not to say a story can't follow the Marvel formula and still be good, but the Marvel formula can also cleverly disguise a shallow film by hitting all the right emotional high notes. People are distracted in this case by this emotional manipulation that they don't realize that what they watched was just a knock off of a much better movie.
>>
>>63774392
Oh also the prequels had better designs.

Seriously who the fuck designed AT-ATs?
>>
>>63774506
Ok, Gonzalo, you need to leave.
>>
>>63774756
Nah, the designs in the original trilogy are retarded. The visual design is good but the mechanical design is ass.
>>
>>63773791

All I kept thinking tonight was just how shit-awful the prequels looked/felt in comparison to this. Good lord they were soulless and cringey as fuck.
>>
>>63774797
>shitting on the most iconic, no pop culture defining designs in human history.

It's time to go.
>>
>>63774859
I SLAUGHTERED THEM LIKE ANIMALS

I HATE SAND

ILL TRY SPINNING THATS A GOOD TRICK

IN MY OPINION THE JEDI ARE EVIL

ARE YOU AN ANGEL
>>
>>63773791
>gad everything 1-3 lacked
but thats what bogged it down. It was like it wanted to not make mistakes and in the process forgot to distinguish itself.
>>
>>63774870
The AT-AT only has hinge joints in it's legs. It would only be capabl of walking in literal straight lines.

The visual design and unity is very well don but the actual mechanics and function of them is very dumb.
>>
>>63774392
This thb.
I mean I think the originals are best but I still love the prequels. then they blew up coruscant to give them the middle finger.
>>
>>63774859
i can't believe im actually about to defend the god damn star wars prequels. They were cringey as fuck and totally dry, but at least they were their own damn movies with a unique plot and original ideas. Episode 7 is literally a re-make of the original star wars almost scene for scene. It was in a way just as dissapointing as the prequels were. I was so excited to see the star wars universe explored again by a talented director who could add cool and unique new twists and ideas to the storyline. Only to see the same movie i remember seeing as a kid, but now with a black guy and a woman instead of han and luke. The 'star-killer'? Are you fucking kidding me? It played it so safe it actually failed.
>>
>>63773791
>It's crazy how bad 7 made the prequels look, sure it has flaws but fuck me it has everything 1-3 lacked... Humanity.
uh?no
ep7 is the one that lacked soul actually.
>>
>>63775003
>>63775003
You're complaining about this in a movie where people weild swords with beams of light as blades and planetoid death laser bases? That's some selective suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>63774275

This
>>
>>63775066
That wasn't Coruscant
>>
>>63775074

And I think the remake was deliberate for two reasons - 1) cleanse the awful prequels taste out of people's mouths and 2) to get back to what made the originals good by giving the new characters a platform to launch off while simultaneously paying respects to the OT.
>>
>>63774148
There is literally nothing you could say to justify this.
>>
File: 1449981981760.jpg (115 KB, 687x960) Image search: [Google]
1449981981760.jpg
115 KB, 687x960
>humanity
>literally no profound wisdom or monologues
>>
>>63775352
fuck off han dies and rey somehow people without the force can twirl lightsabers without cutting themselves in half.
>>
>>63775246
What the fuck are you talking about? How does completely remaking the original film 'cleanse the awful prequel taste out of people's mouths' any more effectively than an actual new star wars movie that kicks ass? I think that point of yours is bullshit. There is no need to remake the first movie to make people forget about the prequels when they can just make a new original star wars movie with the same spirit of the originals instead. It was fucking lazy and safe. It was probably the single worst and most shameless nostalgia grab I have ever seen.

As to your second point, once again retreading MAJOR PLOT POINTS THAT HAVE ALREADY HAPPENED does not serve to 'get back to what made the originals good' its just reminding viewers of the fact that star wars USED to be good. Having former stars of the original trilogy in supporting roles the film does more than enough to 'get back to what made the originals good', there is no advantage served from just making the same movie over again with different people. That doesn't make the experience unique or exciting, it just makes it an attempt at nostalgia for a time when it was unique and exciting.
>>
>>63774148
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>63775483
Ep VII actually felt like Star Wars again, as in the Star Wars of the original trilogy that people know and love instead of the prequel shit. Yeah they rehashed a lot of ideas and played it safe, but it was obviously a very deliberate move by JJ. Personally I would have preferred a more original plot too, but the movie wasn't totally devoid of originality either and it helped introduce enough new elements to prepare the audience for what I'm suspecting will be a more ambitious story for the next two films.
>>
>>63775384
Rey has the force you moron.
>>
>>63775483
Sure the premise might have borrowed a lot from ANH but enough work was done to keep it fresh. The pacing alone already gives it a world of difference from the original.

If you really think it was the "same movie" you have some serious issues with your vision and hearing.
>>
>>63776084
finn doesn't you moron
>>
>>63776235
hes a nigger. Don't they just know how to instinctively twirl a stick?
>>
File: nostalgia wars.jpg (198 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
nostalgia wars.jpg
198 KB, 699x1211
>>63775917
You seem to be missing the point. There was no NEED to remake the original star wars just to somehow acclimate viewers to the return to the feel of the original trilogy. The idea of that is a terrible waste of everyone's time and money. The only need to remake the original star wars would be to make a cash grab out of all of the nostalgia. This has been a trend lately. Jurassic World and Goosebumps are also very guilty of doing this. A film going 'Hey remember that time when you were a kid and you saw these things? remember that?' for 2 hours is not a good film. It is fan fiction level bullshit and fans deserve better. It doesn't take a whole fucking film after years of hype to have a net effect of only introducing a few new elements for the next movie, new elements can be introduced and new plots can be executed within the first act of the film. This should have been a great movie and an excellent entry into the star wars universe, but instead it was a shameless repackaging of the original film because the studio didn't want to take any risks or try anything creative.
>>
>>63775917

>Ep VII actually felt like Star Wars again

Why didn't they just release A New Hope again if that's all anyone wants? ANH is clearly a better film and even handles the same tropes that make you apparently go gaga over TFA.

The prequels aren't the greatest movies, but at least they didn't resign themselves to just simply trying to recreate the "feeling" of the old films, a feeling which will eventually wear off, leaving the film's actual quality bare naked for everyone to eventually see.

You can still watch something like Phantom Menace and find many things aesthetically pleasing and also quite profound for what is essentially a PG rated sci-fi family flick. Did Lucas hit the bullseye every time? Fuck no. But are you telling me you prefer a generic imitation of ANH that can do nothing but callback to a superior movie and redo the tropes ANH started which have been mimicked by so many since, not to mention plagiarize ideas that have been done better in other Star Wars materials is something worth praising?

Fuck this shit. The problem with movies today is that they keep trying to use cheap emotional highs and imitation to make up for their lack of genuine substance
>>
>>63776143
see image:
>>63776336

Some nouns have changed but it was the same fucking movie dude.
>>
>>63774506

Out of millions of sperm, why were you the one that lived?
>>
The prequels are much better than Episode 7, they were original movies while TFA is a safe rahash of A New Hope...
>>
>>63776336
>This should have been a great movie and an excellent entry into the star wars universe, but instead it was a shameless repackaging of the original film because the studio didn't want to take any risks or try anything creative.

And as long as they can continue to make money by creating cheap emotional thrills and capitalizing on nostalgia, they'll never feel a need to do anything different. If Force Awakens doesn't bomb, why should they do anything different for Episode VIII?
>>
>>63776297
its not a stick though. it doesn't have any mass beyond the hilt. by your logic it would be him twirling a flashlight. But he's not, he's twirling a column of laser plasma.
>>
>>63774148
You are a fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>63774901
NNN SO GOOD GEORGE COME BAcL PLSSSLSLFPSLPLS GEORRERGG GP LFSFDMSFMFSMFMBMBK OPL PSFLP F
>>
>>63776363
Lucas did the same exact thing with TPM.

>just go to tatooine
>enlist kid to become jedi
>padme is a commander or some shit because Leia was
>after spinning, baby anakin does his own trench run and flies through the trade ship and blows it up
>>
I dunno if I even liked it, the first half is somewhat okay but death star 3 is just too much
>>
>>63776563
plasma has mass you tard
>>
>>63776639
Fair, but, the trade ship wasn't just a bigger fucking deathstar. It's lazy writing, get over it.
>>
I really miss the politics.
>>
>>63776639
That's closer to a tribute than the blatant rip that is episode VII.
>>
>>63776639
George established this, he inadvertantly admitted that he was borrowing from himself (Each stanza sort of rhymes with another). So what? It's his art and he can do as he pleases with it. If Abrams wants to take elements from films and repackage them in a memes aside poetic manner, he should with his own original sources of inspiration.
Also, it's an old literary technique for the life of the son (or descendent) to mimic to some extent the life of his father (or rather, ancestors). Lucas was probably just playing around with that.
>>
>>63776639
Except TPM did not imitate point by point ANH while trying to cover this up by simply changing some names and capitalizing on nostalgia.

For all his poetry, none of George's prequels can be described as a rehash of the original movies, since the main complaint many have against them is that they're a little too different from the OT
>>
I just watched the original trilogy for the first time. it was pretty good. the main reason i watched it is...well, so many people can't be wrong, can they? so many people cannot enjoy something and it not be decent, right? unless we're talking about ultra-normie media shit, i guess it's true.

i am about to start the phantom menace...i hope it's not as bad as a lot of people say.
>>
File: keep-calm-and-poe-dameron.png (387 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-poe-dameron.png
387 KB, 600x700
>>
>>63776370
I can't agree with you there. I agree it was the same plot structure but everything else is different.
>>
>>63776774
its ok clearly >>63776563 is a mouth breathing JewJew cuck lord
>>
>>63776992
Forget what people have said and make up your own mind about it, it' s really the best way to approach the sequels bruh
>>
>>63776992
how the fuck can you go through your life not watching star wars are you 12?
>>
>>63777005
"They changed the names of places, people and things! Its different!!"

This is literally you right now.
>>
>>63776992
It's not even bad asides from JarJar
>>
>>63776336
But they didn't remake the original star wars. While they share a lot of similarities, ep VIII feels like a different film to ep IV and it obviously sets the stage for an entirely different story to unfold. Yeah it's safe, but after the prequels nobody was going to take a massive risk doing something completely unexpected for the first film in a trilogy that could alienate its audience.
>>
>>63773976
7 is a shameless copy of 4
>>
>>63777049
prequels*
>>
>>63777075

lol fan boys never change.
>>
>>63777049
i think you're probably right.

>>63777054
i've tried plenty of times to watch it, but it never hooked me in and i'd eventually just close it and do something else. i forced myself through the first hour, but then i realised i was beginning to enjoy it...enough so i just watched all 3 in one sitting. i'm a massive lotr fan and everyone i meet is either a massive lotr fan, or a massive star wars fan...so i guess i just thought it wasn't for me.

it didn't blow me away, but it was entertaining. i'd give all 3 a 7.5/10.
>>
>>63777057
>>63777057

Execution:
Was there a desert chase/battle sequence between a rookie? pilot and TIE fighters in ANH?
Was there a villain vs hero fight in ANH?
Was there an intended infirltration of the Death Star to weaken it's defences in order to blow it up?

Motives:
BB8 is hunted because of a map to Luke
Han wants to redeem his son
Finn wants to escape TFO
Rey wants to meet her senpai

Characterizaton:
Do I even need to explain this, even the villain character is so much different from Vader.

Do I really need to point out all the differences.
>>
>>63777166
Yes you really do need to point them out.
>>
>>63777075
They did make the original star wars. Its the same god damn plot!

Droids narrowly escape military and primary antagonist dressed in all black with a helmet, holding vital information to rebellion >> protagonists escape desert planet and military with droids and smuggler along side >> giant battle station destroys planets to send a threat to other planets, dissolving any democracy >> rebels launch counter-offensive on planet killing battle station >> mentor character killed by primary antagonist >> fighter ships destroy giant battle station by making well placed shots into the critical structural points of said battle station >> big explosion

which movie did i just describe?
>>
>>63777378
The issue with folks like you is that you are describing tropes, not the actual plot and characters. You're conveniently leaving details and motivations out to suit your complaints when at the end of the day, Disney already has your money.
>>
>>63777605

>The issue with folks like you is that you are describing tropes

If the bulk of your movie can be summed by recalling the tropes of the genre established by a previous original work of fiction, that's not a fucking good thing.

Why do you think people shit on anime all the time? Because so much of it is formulaic garbage.
>>
>>63777166

>Was there a desert chase/battle sequence between a rookie? pilot and TIE fighters in ANH?
An action scene that is inconsequential to the plot. Thats like saying Jurassic World and Jurassic Park are totally different because there is a giant fish dinosaur in it that eats a cow at some point.

>Was there a villain vs hero fight in ANH?
Yes.

>Was there an intended infirltration of the Death Star to weaken it's defences in order to blow it up?

Does it really matter if it was intended or not? It resulted in the same scenes playing out in both movies, leading to the same conclusions and plot resolutions. "well yeah they were on the new death star in the new movie... but this time they intended to do be there!" it doesn't fucking matter if it yields the same results.

Motives:
>BB8 is hunted because of a map to Luke
droid hunted for containing information. same plot
>Han wants to redeem his son
Really the only unique plotline in the whole movie, however it still has an obvious paralell to the relationship between vader and obi-wan.
>Finn wants to escape TFO
His motive to escape TFO has the same plot result as the rebels trying to get away from the empire at the beginning of ANH. The empire winds up hunting our protagonist and his droid on <DESERT PLANET> until a narrow escape in the millennium falcon. same plot
>Rey wants to meet her senpai
Luke seeks out Yoda for training. same. fucking. plot.
>>
>>63774089
They reference clones at one point. That's about it though
>>
I'd say III is as good as VII

II and I not so much
>>
>>63777378
who did han mentor in this one?

moreover, the antagonists are not coming from the place of absolute power and dominance as they were in the other, which is a HUGE difference.
>>
>>63777605
Those aren't tropes asshole, they are plot points
>>
>>63777054
I'm 30 and only watched the prequels. And I enjoyed them, despite that they looked like movies for little kids. The movies did look very shit compared to Star Trek, so I never understood why they had so many fans.

Going to watch 7 next week. It better have large battles because that's the only reason why I even bother.
>>
>>63777722
Han was a mentor figure to Rey. For gods sake there is even a park where Han offers to take Rey under his wing as a co-pilot And yes TFO was in a position of absolute power. So much so that they destroyed an entire solar system with no consequences. They even make a speech right before doing that where they say the senate is pretty much sucking their dick and are powerless to stop them. Were you paying full attention to the movie?
>>
>>63777605
those aren't tropes you dipshit
>>
>7 fags so in denial they post literally the opposite opinions
mehmet......
>>
>>63777682
the dialogue and the way people spoke in ii and iii were bizarre. at least vii was like watching somewhat normal people in abnormal circumstances, which is sort of the point of movies that aren't meant to be art pieces.
>>
>>63777877
UNLIMITED POWER
>>
>>63777669
A movie is in the details and not it the plot structure.

It sure did copy ANH's structure, but enough differences were made to make it an actual different movie. I get people's gripes on why it was reused but it never made the movie any less good so why nitpick on it?
>>
so i'm watching the phantom menace for the first time and want to kick this jar jar binks fuck in the teeth
>>
>>63777837
Han's influence over rey wasn't even close to obi-wan's influence over luke. Rey had a lot more agency in her travels

also,
>no consequences
well, except for sustaining massive casualties and having their superweapon destroyed while 2 of their 4 leaders got shit on. The TFO isn't facing some fledgling band of idealists. They are opposed to an empowered and settled foe.
>>
>>63774148
>>63773825

This
>>
>>63777907
But it did make the movie less good.
Why tell me the same story but with different characters and a slight twist? Whats to point besides pandering to basement dwelling neck beards just to pad your wallet?
>>
>>63773976
It was pretty good, I was pretty frustrated that the republic and their fleet was basically just mentioned/supernuked by JJ in passing and we really have no fucking clue of anything in the prequels were remotely impactful. This movie was made strictly for gen x nostalgia fags and kids though so it's not surprising. If you grew up with the prequels and you realize that the originals had just as many mistakes as they did you'll be disappointed.
>>
>>63775227

then what teh fuck was it and why do we care that it was blown up?
>>
>>63774506
Did anyone see the one scene of the first order with new walkers in the background? They look like spider tanks with backwards legs. I don't think anyone hardly saw them in the background of the shot but I immediately hated them.
>>
>>63777907
It is a different movie in the same way Deep Impact is a different movie from Armageddon. They are the same damn movie made in slightly different ways, and one is an obvious rip off of the other. Nitpicking it is necessary when dipshits like you insist one movie is uniquely different from another, it isn't until you have been backed into the corner that you admit that it is pretty much the same movie, then bring up 'A movie is in the details not the plot structure' which doesn't really apply here because we are talking about 2 movies in the same damn series of films. It was a lazy, money driven, and creatively abysmal cash grab by Disney and the studio that made it, and people like you need to admit it and quit supporting it so it stops happening.
>>
File: 1431004011632.webm (621 KB, 380x332) Image search: [Google]
1431004011632.webm
621 KB, 380x332
>prequel apologists
>over fifteen years after TPM

dellow felegates, is there anything more pathetic?

maybe EU crybabies upset that luuuke skywalker is no longer canon, but it's a close fucking race
>>
>>63778078
Saw them. No idea what to feel since they were so far away.
>>
can episode 7 even Legos? You could have saved kids from the touch screens and given them toys JJ. But no, your old ass never saw kids 3 years younger than you be glued to computer screens.
>>
File: tfw no ep7 podracing lego sets.jpg (3 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
tfw no ep7 podracing lego sets.jpg
3 MB, 3072x2304
>>63778181
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 400x225
>>63778125
They were stationary here but moved in the way background in the third act.

You know in VIII we'll be getting our Hoth rehash and get to see them way up close. Oh boy.
>>
>>63777951
Han was clearly meant to be in the role of a mentor figure to Rey, if you aren't willing to admit that then you are either not good at understanding motivations and characters, or you are too stubborn to admit you were wrong about it.

The fallout they suffered was at the hands of the resitsance, not the galactic senate. The Resitance is a seperate entity from the galactic senate. You said the empire was in power in ANH, if that is true then you would have to contradict yourself and say that they were not in a position of 'absolute power and dominance' because they had their superweapon destroyed by rebels as a result of destroying Alderaan. Thus im guessing you were suggesting that the Empire was coming from a position of absolute power and dominance from a standpoint of governmental power. If that is the case then it is the same in TFA because the galactic senate/galactic republic is unwilling to carry out any punishment for TFO's actions. Once again the Resistance acted independantly of the galactic senate/republic.
>>
>>63778265
It makes me sad that you are probably right about an ice planet battle. I don't want to live anymore.
>>
>>63778217
Holy shit that is the best star wars set ever.
>>
>>63778555
nice trips
I had that when I was a child
>>
>>63774106
>4.000.000.000
>using periods

Europoor detected
>>
>>63775268
>barely even see any kind of known alien species (in fact 3: Chewie, 1 Mon Cal, 1 Sullustean, AND THAT IS ALL)
> only TWO new spaceships (dickhead edgelord's private shuttle and new Star destroyer AND THAT IS ALL)
> Second LAMEST sabre fight of star wars (after ben vs vader in ANH)
>Stupid planet size laser beam that can somehow shoot across parsecs faster thant the speed of light but visible from everywhere/ or is it that the Star Killer was in the vicinity of the targeted planets but remained unnoticed? stupid twist anyway
>and shittons of other things
>>
>>63773791
artificial humanity
>ftfy
>>
>>63777166
Have you actually seen Star Wars? You're literally proving the point that it's a rehash.
>>
File: 1386773175855s.jpg (9 KB, 250x162) Image search: [Google]
1386773175855s.jpg
9 KB, 250x162
>>63778910
>Ben and Vader in New Hope is the worst saber fight.
>>
>>63773791
The prequels sucked because they had shit writing and acting and it tried to take the mystery out of a lot of the shit that the OT left to our imagination. (midichlorians being the best example)

I would agree that 7 was better than the prequels, but because it had more humanity? Please. Episode 7 is a focus group tested corporate product. It's got no humanity or even identity of it's own. It's nothing but one long reference to movies I'd rather watch.
>>
>>63773791
I dunno if it really has humanity. VII to me comes of as more of an elaborate marketing scheme sterilized by a bunch of Disney executives in order to make as much profit as possible, while giving the illusion that it has humanity when it really doesn't

The prequels were like that too but at least they didn't copy the original trilogy beat by beat
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.