[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Masterpiece or Reddit flick?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: NEAgkrY1damxDC_1_b.jpg (73 KB, 600x316) Image search: [Google]
NEAgkrY1damxDC_1_b.jpg
73 KB, 600x316
Masterpiece or Reddit flick?
>>
Shit
>>
xd
>>
Are you joking? It's a action movie for kids and normies.
>>
it's a shitty flick that is pandering to manchildren
>>
>>63772983

how can the 7th film in a franchise be a masterpiece? it's clearly a remake of IV and a cash grab.

can't wait for star wars 12, yo! the cast will include 3 blacks, 1 white race traitor and a tranny.
>>
>>63772983
facebook marketing apparatus
>>
>>63772983
Reddit flick, this was no Parajanov film.
>>
>>63775058
>remake of IV
>what is The Hero's Journey
>>
>>63772983
made for tv jewfest

end of a franchise
>>
>>63772983
Movies are not binary.
>>
File: 1449307480888.gif (1 MB, 268x278) Image search: [Google]
1449307480888.gif
1 MB, 268x278
>>63772983
Masterpiece.

The Force Awakens is to A New Hope what Terminator 2 was to T1.

Despite being almost a mirror image in plot points, it still changes things up a lot and is a better, more kinetic version in every way.
>>
>>63775229

Among all the assblasted shitposts about nostalgia hate and "muh different spaceships" it's good to see some appreciation for what Star Wars really needed.
>>
>>63772983
Would've been a masterpiece, were it not for the fact that Kylo Ren turns out to be a faggot who faps to the Sith.
>>
>>63775111

i know this is bait but there were very obviously themes and plot points that are almost carbon copies of the ones in a New Hope

i liked TFA but it was a rehash of IV
>>
>>63772983
Only the first two can be considered masterpieces and people still deny that. This was pretty fantastic but since it did feel like new hope 2.0, it's nowhere near that "masterpiece" mark.

It still feels like a great, genuine star wars adventure which is what we haven't gotten in a long time.
>>
>>63772983

Great Star Wars movie, good movie in general.

Not close to a masterpiece, too many flaws but the flaws didnt take away from the enjoyment of the movie rather just became obsessive nitpicking
>>
>>63775229
>Liking T2 over T1.

The Plebian Menace
>>
Why did whatserface have a british accent
>>
>>63776684
I didn't get this either. She has a British accent but the actual actor who has one (Boyega) uses an American accent. No one else on Jakku has a British accent, and it's implied she grew up there. So ???????
>>
>>63772983
Better than the prequels and Jedi
>masterpiece
>7th film in the series
No. It's lucky enough to be simply good.
>>
>>63776548
To be completely open, my relation, I really liked that he was a humongous bitch, but fuck if I didn't expect that massive jew nose when the helmet came off
>>
File: acting.png (51 KB, 148x177) Image search: [Google]
acting.png
51 KB, 148x177
>>63775229
>T2 is better than T1 in every way
>>>/t/rash
>>
>>63776548
That's what makes him a good villain. He's a Vader fanboy
>>
>>63776618

Literally this. Expected way less from JJ but it turned out pretty nicely. Not a masterpiece by a longshot though. 7/10
>>
>>63776597
Jedi is also a master piece.
>>
>>63776647
>>63777168
Nice wrong opinions you have there.
>>
>>63776937
>Better than Jedi
reddits that way you memeing piece of shit
>>
File: keep-calm-and-poe-dameron.png (387 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
keep-calm-and-poe-dameron.png
387 KB, 600x700
>>
better then anything released so good i guess?

idk about hateful 8
>>
MOTC
>>
>>63777330
Jedi had great moments, but it wasn't very good overall. Han Solo was basically a non-character, and the Republic rebuilding the Death Star was lazy af
>>
>>63772983
it's the original saga parody with a lot of fan service in it so fanboys can masturbate while watching it
>>
Star Wars to me is like a black penis, big, beautiful, and just pure magic

- J.J. Abrams
>>
>>63777467
>Han
Han-Solo had already won at that point, his character arc had basically ended after Empire. He finally accepted he was meant to be with the rebellion, the only thing left was for Leia to return his affection, literally what else could you throw at him?

>Death Star
Also you can't call rebuilding the death star lazy if you're saying VII > VI, even then though it sort of needed to be in the film, they needed something to symbolize the empires destruction.

>Ignoring
The fact that it has the best First Act of the series coupled with the best Third Act tied only with Empires, the most diverse use of scenery, the perfect finale, the excellent soundtrack and a host of other things.
>>
It's a good movie and a solid Star Wars entry but it's too similar to ANH
>>
>>63777777
>>
>>63775111
don't do this, it was a remake, that doesn't make it auto bad but don't delude yourself
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.