[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you remove the nostalgia goggles, this movie wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
When you remove the nostalgia goggles, this movie wasn't any good.

They did a great job of replicating old star wars, sure, but the story and characters are shit.

Imagine the movie without Han Solo and tell me it was still good.
>>
>They did a great job of replicating old star wars

They couldn't even do that. Couldn't get the vibe at all.
>>
>>63771912
Ok I'm imagining it...
Still good. Classic narrative, funny, looks good, quality action scenes...

Fucking /tv/ I hate you.
>>
>>63771912
>Imagine the movie without Han Solo and tell me it was still good

Thats true but Han Solo wasn't good because of nostalgia.

Han Solo was good because he's an entertaining character.

I also enjoyed the new girl and the R2D2 replacement.

Overall I felt it was okay but some of the dialog was shit.

The villain had pretty great writing.
>>
>>63771965
I mostly mean props and scenes.

Beyond that, nothing.
>>
>>63771912
>Imagine the movie without one of the things that made it good and tell me it was still good.

Come on, OP. You know this makes zero sense.
>>
>>63771973
back to reddit
>>
>>63771912

The chemistry between the new leads would still be there. The sets and action would still be top notch. The story is nothing special but it didn't need to be. Disney wanted to put Star Wars back on the map and they succeeded.

Episode VIII will be better and have way less Episode IV homages thanks to Based Rian.
>>
>>63771987
>Han Solo was good because he's an entertaining character.

Best part is it wasn't even Han Solo. It was out of character Han Solo that Han Solo like enough.
>>
If you are white and support this piece of shit cultural marxist propaganda "film" you are a brainless brainwashed faggot ass sellout c.uckold pile of garbage.

Fuck you, sellout.
>>
I'd say it was a good enough movie. But memorable? Eh.

So far the most memorable thing has been Random Stormtrooper #422 studding the fuck up and starting a race riot.
>>
>>63771912
>/tv/ posts from the future

yeah everyone will figure that out unconsciously and the movie will cap out at about Jurassic World's numbers, then the real shitposting will begin
>>
>>63771912
None of the Star Wars movies are good. They have good scenes in them, but overall they're just a mess
>>
>>63772097
The way I saw it, a shit ton of time had passed and he clearly went through some new experiences in life plus he's older. He's allowed to change a bit.
>>
It was ok. Not really memorable to me. Did like the stopping of the blaster bolt and Mark Hamill
>>
File: jupiter-ascending780x613.png (904 KB, 780x613) Image search: [Google]
jupiter-ascending780x613.png
904 KB, 780x613
>>63771912
>Imagine the movie without Han Solo and tell me it was still good.

Still better than this
>>
>>63772457
trying to do something original is risky. not risky enough to explain Jupiter Ascending, but pretty risky.
>>
File: 1393796383102[1].jpg (12 KB, 203x200) Image search: [Google]
1393796383102[1].jpg
12 KB, 203x200
>If you remove one of the main characters the movie isn't good anymore

Obviously
>>
>>63772067
>Episode VIII will be better
That's what we said back in the day about Episode II.
>>
>>63772905
II was better because less Jar Jar

VIII will be better because now they got their market and money from VII, so they can basically do whatever they want and there's already talking going on that VIII is going to be pretty drastically different and weird.
>>
>>63771912

I stewed in the theater and the whole car ride home, and all my dumbass friends loved it, found no flaws, thought my claiming that Han Solo flying at light speed directly at a planet and managing to pull out with human reflexes was "too nitpicky" (one even suggested that Rey had used the force from within the ship to facilitate his maneuver, discounting like J.J. Abrams just how fucking inconceivably fast light speed is), and thought every wooden performance was brilliant (though some conceded that John Boyega was bad, needlessly intense, and Finn contributed nothing to the plot). I just got on 4chan out of angry desperation of lying awake thinking about how disappointed I was with this film (Star Wars is just about the only movie franchise I give a shit about) and thought, "4chan will get me." Thanks OP. Thanks anons. I'm glad you all watched the same boring feature I did, and shared collective groans about how every character marveled at how capable the woman was. Someone needs to explain to J.J. Abrams about when and when not to use narrative conveniences. Leia gets shot in the arm and is the first person in the OT to get shot and not immediately die? Fine, I'll deal. You can fell whole trees with the slightest flick of a lightsaber but manage only minor lacerations in SEVERAL places on your opponent while wildly swinging it at him using a weapon you have no proficiency with (even if Rey is an adept with a mind wipe/is a clone of Luke/is Shmi Skywalker's grand-daughter from her human masters and is related to Owen, I still don't buy it). When this movie makes such bold, "fuck the audience" leaps of narrative contrivance, I can't understand how people with any understanding of what their time and money is worth can willingly accept this slapdash writing.
>>
File: 1450317410964.jpg (9 KB, 303x276) Image search: [Google]
1450317410964.jpg
9 KB, 303x276
>>63772067

Rian who directed that walking pile of dogshit Looper?
>>
>>63771912
>Imagine the movie without Han Solo and tell me it was still good.
So imagine Episode VIII?
>>
>>63773261
i'm sorry but II was definitely worse
>>
>>63774244
Incorrect. Just as bad, maybe, but not worse.
>>
>>63773564
is this a new copypasta lol
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.