[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>claims to hate the prequels >brags on social media about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Lightsaber-iphone.jpg (215 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Lightsaber-iphone.jpg
215 KB, 512x512
>claims to hate the prequels
>brags on social media about how much of a nerd they are because they lined up for tickets or because they are so hyped about the new Star Wars movies

Why do Star Wars "fans" do this? Since they claimed to have hated the prequels then, shouldnt they have been pesemistic about the new one coming out instead of fucking lining up and camping out for tickets and being in such a rush to see it on the day of release

Why do people even pretend to hate the prequels too? Sure they werent as good as the OT but people blow it way out of proportion. They were sufficiently entertaining
>>
There's a lot of stuff that the prequels had going for it and it took episode 7 in order for me to really appreciate them.
>>
>>63771710
Can you give some examples?
Haven't seen VII yet but I consider the prequels to be absolutely irredeemable garbage
>>
>>63772253
>>
>>63771630
Because of that comic-con trailer that basically said "We've seen the prequels, we know they're dogshit, we know WHY they're dogshit, and we're not doing that."

You think JJ Abrams fall asleep every single night to the sounds of Mr Plinkett while making this movie?
>>
>>63772253

They have a grey morality. That is to say, even though the republic is not pure good but rather it is something that is good in principle but which was exposed to corruption. Also Sheev is leading the republic. So yeah, mainly Sheev is what is good about the prequels.
>>
>>63772253
I thought VII was much better than any prequel.

Maybe they were a little more original but much worse movies
>>
>>63771630
are you me?
>>
>>63772467

What is one single thing that is original about the new movie?
>>
>>63772439
Thing is, they don't really come across as evil or corrupted - they just come across as utter morons. The stupid political intrigue in which everyone is retarded is one of the primary reasons these flicks don't work.

But yeah, Sheev is always a pleasure to watch
>>
>>63772494
Having a stormtrooper as a main character is pretty original.
>>
If you are white and support this piece of shit cultural marxist propaganda "film" you are a brainless brainwashed faggot ass sellout c.uckold pile of garbage.

Fuck you.
>>
>>63772508

What is with the hatred towards the prequels and their political intrigue? Are the politicians in the prequels really stupider then the empire in the subsequent movies which build superweapons three times just to get them destroyed? As far as I can tell the republic is way more interesting and intelligent of a storyline then the empire / new order.
>>
>>63772494
The villain is actually an understandable baby back bitch.
>>
>>63772603
who cares de.su
>>
>>63771630
it's just groupthink. being proud that you embody the "correct" viewpoint.

then the correct viewpoint changes and you adopt that.
>>
>>63772253
The prequels are badly executed in certain ways but the overall plot is strong and they offer many good expansions on the original Star Wars universe. Not to mention it doesn't take much to look past the occasional bad dialogue to enjoy the movies. Lucas shouldn't have been told to directed them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.