[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the FUCK is even the point of having a jedi organization
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 452432.jpg (14 KB, 376x304) Image search: [Google]
452432.jpg
14 KB, 376x304
What the FUCK is even the point of having a jedi organization if every few years one of them turns on them and FUCKS everything into the ground? And why is the reaction to go into "hiding" and become a boring hermit anyway instead of taking action?
>>
>>63768247

I never really got why there hasn't been a huge movement against both Jedi and Sith.
>>
>>63768247
>Force wants all force users to be dead
>Chosen one kills them all
>survivors decide to not kill eachother off so they can rebuild
>The Force tries to kill everyone again

No one is supposed to be using the force for super powers thats why every few years we get a massacre
>>
>>63768304
they do it in the EU yadda yadda
>>
>>63768247
Quit being a bigot and realize the Sith are just an oppressed minority. The more you demonize them the more you create.
>>
Are Jedi REALLY a religion of peace?
>>
>>63770701
>They're not regulated by a government,
>have no peaceful means of resolving conflict
>entire moral code relies on supressing emotions that are fundamental to being a human fucking being

You kind of ask for the occasional emotionally charged meltdown/massacre when your entire philosophy is to rely on a non sentient "spiritual connection" as a moral compass
>>
>>63769265

Well, in the EU a lot of the anti-Jedi feelings are usually directed by people who associate them with the Sith or by people who don't believe in the Force at all. They are always portrayed as wrong because of these things.
>>
>>63768247
>every few years

There was literally a thousand years between the last known sith and Sheev seducing Anakin to the dark side and btfo of the Jedi.
>>
>>63768247
>And why is the reaction to go into "hiding" and become a boring hermit anyway instead of taking action?

because the pre movies are badly thought out cashins.
>>
>>63771192
Kotor 2 was pretty much all about how both the jedi and sith are fucked and need to go
>>
>>63772231

It was more a "I hate the force and all force users" kind of thing.
>>
>>63772481
well yeah, but specifically the jedi and sith most often fuck shit up
>>
>>63772502

I understand that. I'm just saying that it's surprising that few people in the Star Wars galaxy seem to have thought that maybe while the Force itself is good, the Force users in general are bad news because they have too much power. That's not something the EU explored very much. You have grey Jedi and people who hate or don't believe in the Force, but you don't have very many characters in the EU believing that the kind of Force manipulation the Jedi encourage is more dangerous than it is beneficial without descending into full "I hate the Force and everyone associated with it" territory. People like that seem to be a minority in the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>63772664
yeah, that's true. i think it's because there's a lot more money in the easy route of less subtle and more recognizable storylines and character archetypes
>>
>>63772744
I've heard there's some characters and cults in the EU exist like that, shunning the Jedi's "egregious" displays of Force power.

I'm just surprised that not many EU writers attempted to expand on that.
>>
Honestly they should really just kill all the Skywalkers if they want the universe to be at peace.
>>
In Episode 2 they sent lost like 170 jedi in the arena so I guess they couldn't fight back against order 66?
>>
>>63771077
Guys are the jedi isis?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.