[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So let me get this straight. I'm supposed to believe that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5
File: Jedi Luke.png (794 KB, 1280x851) Image search: [Google]
Jedi Luke.png
794 KB, 1280x851
So let me get this straight.

I'm supposed to believe that this guy that helped redeem his father, defeat the Emperor, destroy the Empire and became one of the greatest Jedi Knights . . . went into hiding after his nephew turned on him and killed his students? What the fuck? I thought Luke turned into a bad ass. How did he let this happen? I thought I remember Luke, Han, Leia, Chewbacca, Lando, C-3PO and R2 partying hard with some Ewoks when the Empire was defeated for good? The prophecy was fulfilled. The two Sith lords were defeated. Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin smiled as Luke celebrated the victory with his friends and balanced was restored. All was well.

>muh Snoke

What. The. Fuck. From what I gather, the Republic was fully formed. They were in charge. Why are they "the resistance" now? How did they fuck things up so badly in 30 years? Why is there a new evil with Vader, Palps, and high ranking Imperial officers and Moffs out of the picture? Why are there more Dark Lords? Why the FUCK did Luke Skywalker, Commander Skywalker, let this shit happen? Ok. I guess he somehow fucked up with Kylo "Ben" Ren Solo. I don't see how, but he did. He just lets the kid run away with the big 8 ft CGI, Prometheus faggot and does nothing? They slaughtered his students, don't go into hiding like a bitch and let them build the Empire 2.0 and a 4th fucking Death Star. This is fucking retarded.
Why are people excited seeing Luke again? He basically made the same mistake Obi-Wan and Yoda made. Why the fuck did he bother training new people anyway? The Jedi and Jedi Council in general were a bunch of retards. I don't get it. Now the victory in Return of the Jedi means absolutely nothing.
>>
>>63767480
>build new jedi school
>full of hope and love
>stops meddling with politics
>train own nephew
>nephew destroys entire school you built
>becomes another political pawn
>decides that the Jedi religion needs to now die and be forgotten

Makes perfect sense.
>>
>>63767480
of course it doesn't, that's the entire point. Just because you won, you now tilted the balance back to good. Sith return to restore the balance back.

Sith aren't evil, they're just the destructive side of the force.
>>
>>63767631

Did Kylo kill the younglings?
>>
>>63767480
It makes absolute sense because JJ's hackery and the whole new trilogy shouldn't be considered canon by anyone with a half brain.
>>
>>63767631
So Kylo Ren is basically Anakin
Also this is basically EU
>>
>>63767480
>balance
because Luke fucked the balance by starting a new school and training a bunch of new Jedis. it should have ended with him. the Jedi, the force, all of it.
>>
>went into hiding after his nephew turned on him and killed his students?

No, there's going to be a twist relating to Kylo/Rey and Snoke. That's why we got so little about Kylo's fall, Rey's parents and Snoke.

I don't know what the twist will be, but we are missing crucial information we need to understand the why everything is happening.

Maybe Luke fucked up which is why Kylo fell, maybe Rey was the one who somehow fucked up and she's evil and got her mind wiped, Maybe Kylo is actually good guy in disguise and everything he is doing ,even killing his father, is in order to get a chance to get near Snoke to kill him.

I don't know what bullshit they came up with, but there is a huge twist coming that will allow TFA to make more sense than it does now.
>>
>>63767730
most likely. to complete his training, he must get severely burned in a lava planet after Luke cuts his legs off.

for poetry.
>>
Having a family member that you love turn on you and burn down everything you worked hard is a really fucking shitty feeling.

I'm still not over it really over it ten years later so I can understand why he just said fuck it and went into self-exile.
>>
>>63767685
>hurr balance means you need both the light and the dark

not re: Star Wars. the dark side is unnatural and needs to be eradicated. it's very existence throws the universe out of balance.
>>
>>63767911
But Luke is not a pussy like you, he'd get over it and step up to the game.
>>
>>63767869

Yeah, but still, Luke (who essentially just got his license to kill, his BMF badge) just let all this happen and walks away? That's lame in my opinion. How do you fuck up so bad that you're back to square one where Obi-Wan and Yoda were at. These stories aren't evolving or progressing, they just keep going backwards.
>>
>>63767818
if you haven't seen the movie yet, then yes I will confirm that for you. His tantrums are classic Annie "muh angst" shit.
>>
>>63767952

Apparently he didn't.
>>
File: starwars younglings.webm (3 MB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
starwars younglings.webm
3 MB, 800x600
>>63767730
>Did Kylo kill the younglings?
Of courshe.
>>
>>63768012
how the fuck have I never seen this. This is hilarious.
>>
>>63767975
I agree it sounds lame right now, but I'm pretty sure what precisely happened with Luke's students will explain it, but we won't get that explanation for at least 2 years.
>>
>>63767997
It's pure fan fic, goy. Nothing more.
>>
Hol up Luke better not be some pussy ass lbitch ass nigga in episode 8/9 i mean shiiieeeee, i should be lopping of some heads or something f a m
>>
>>63767869
I really hope this is true. They'll probably just make two more really mediocre and standard movies though where Rey is the ultimate Mary Sue and saves the galaxy from the evil Snoke and Kylo.
>>
>>63768057
And it will be lame and we will laugh in your face that you defended something so obviously lame like a redditor.
>>
>>63768067

Luke apparently getting super depressed and disappearing is canon. Something is not fan fic just because you don't like it.

Denial and autism are very serious mental illnesses and I suggest you seek help.
>>
>>63768087
>strawman already appearing
>>
>>63768128
I ain't defending shit nigger, the movie was average as fuck 5/10 at best, but it's obvious they are setting up a massive twist in 8 in their quest to copy the OT to a fucking tee.
>>
>>63768164
>Luke apparently getting super depressed and disappearing is canon. Something is not fan fic just because you don't like it.

It's not tho, just because you and your overlord say so. They can't even get the Star Wars vibe right, let alone the characters and plot. Something that feels out of character like that is fan fic.

>Denial and autism are very serious mental illnesses and I suggest you seek help.

well meme'd
>>
>>63767631
>>63767818
>>63767988
He was EUPHORIC
>>
>>63768251

>It's not tho, just because you and your overlord say so. They can't even get the Star Wars vibe right, let alone the characters and plot. Something that feels out of character like that is fan fic.

I'm serious. Please go find help. If you apply this kind of logic to a mediocre kid's movie just because you're unsatisfied with the result then it's very likely you'll also apply it to much more important matters that will cause you to make terrible life choices you'll regret years from now.
>>
>>63767480
No, the Republic did not fully form again.
Do you seriously think and Empire would just suddenly wither and die because the Emperor is dead?

That is not how nations work. There are people in power beneath the Emperor and Vader who could have easily stepped to plate to govern after their deaths.
>>
>>63767935
You keep saying this in EVERY fucking thread, but there is no evidence for your argument.
>>
>>63768366
>you apply this logic to some meaningless movie
>therefore you have to apply it in parts of the life that actually matter

nice logic you got there
>>
Did anybody here completely understand what the relation of the resistance was with the republic?

Is the republic like officially at truce with the old empire and so doesn't officially fight the first order?

And is the resistance just a septerate organization, possible endorsed by the republic to fight the first order?

And was coruscant one of the planets straight up destroyed? So is the republic just gone lol

To those saying the republic wasn't even a thing, it definitely is its own discrete entity as it appeared in the intro text, and it had its senate destroyed by mega deathstar
>>
>>63767480
>Now the victory in Return of the Jedi means absolutely nothing
This. In fact saving Han solo eventually led to the creation of Kylo Ren, So return of the Jedi just became the most meaningless film in the franchise
>>
>>63768679

I'm pretty sure Coruscant got blown up. That was the planet that all the people were watching the other planets get destroyed before getting destroyed itself.
>>
>>63768398
not him but that is what lucas meant by restoring balance to the force. it's not a yin yang thing. the dark side is a cancer on the force.

Finally as from Georges Lucas's intention :

Many fans incorrectly assume that balance refers to an equal mix of both light and dark side users. However, as George Lucas explains in the introductory documentary for the VHS version A New Hope, Special Edition, this is not the case:

"[...] Which brings us up to the films 4, 5, and 6, in which Anakin's offspring redeem him and allow him to fulfill the prophecy where he brings balance to the Force by doing away with the Sith and getting rid of evil in the universe..."

In an interview, Lucas compared the difference between the light and dark sides as being like the difference between a symbiotic relationship and a cancer. A symbiotic relationship is one which benefits both parties and in which neither is harmed, whereas a cancer takes without giving back, eventually causing the death of both parties

http://scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/4292/why-did-the-jedi-want-to-bring-balance-to-the-force
>>
>>63768012
I have GOT to get one of these new star wars games.
>>
>>63767480
Luke fucked it up. Balance to the force meant that there would be no jedi or sith. Anakin killed the jedi (which had become bureaucratic and lost focus of what the force was all about) and the sith. Luke listened to Yoda (who advised Luke to kill Vader, not realizing it would turn him to the dark side) and restarted the order. By restarting the order, the dark side was destined to reappear. Luke should've gone into exile right after ROTJ and stayed there.
>>63768762
It's confirmed in one of the books that it's not because the capitol of the Republic changes every election so that systems don't feel ignored and cause another Confederacy.
>>
>>63768370

This.
The Empire continued in the EU for a long time. It's completely illogical to think that the victory at the end of Jedi did much of anything. The Empire was bigger than just Sheev.

But yeah Luke is supposed to be insanely powerful by now, he should be fucking up the first order single handedly.
>>
>>63767975
Luke abandoning everything is actually worse than Obi-Wan cause Obi-Wan stayed on Tattooine to watch over and protect Luke until he was of age.
Luke presumably just fucked off away from everyone.

>end of 4 Han saves Luke from getting btfo by Vaders tie fighter
>beginning of 5 Han risks the cold to go find Luke and stick him in a snow camel
>end of 5 Luke abandons his training to save his friends
>beginning of 6 Luke, Lando, Chewie and R2 stage a plan to rescue Han and Leia from Jabbas palace
>episode 7 Luke is just gone and let's his old best friend get murdered by his nephew even though in ESB it's established that he can sense when his friends are in danger

He was a good friend.
>>
>>63768838
he's Yoda now.
>>
>>63768762

I think the capital may have been on a different planet. But if that was Coruscant, wtf man. I do think it was a different system though. Either way it's still pretty shitty.

But back on the question , was the resistance a seperate entity? What was its exact relation with the republic. I think the republic fleet got blown up?
>>
File: o-JJ-ABRAMS-facebook (1).jpg (295 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o-JJ-ABRAMS-facebook (1).jpg
295 KB, 2000x1000
JUST
>>
>>63768832

While I also don't think it's Coruscant, technically the books are non canon now if I'm not mistaken.
>>
>Luke tries training Jedi
>Fucks it up
>Loses his best friend and sister's son, his apprentice, to the dark side
>Realizes how little of the force he understands
>Realizes he understands literally nothing about teaching the ways of the force
>Fucks off to find the first jedi temple for potential answers and for lost knowledge, of which their are metric tons of in star wars
This isn't a hard to follow train of thought guys

Also Rey is totally going to get a double sided lightsaber when she has her own since shes already proficient fighting with that staff
>>
>>63768893
I think they were like the CIA of the republic and could do things that were extralegal and not require clearance from the senate or require the republic to create another army.
>>63768939
It was a TFA guidebook. Same one with Snoke. It's in the /co/ thread.
>>
>>63768904
Can he get anything right?
>>
>>63767631
It's not being forgotten, he's trying to find its roots. He's looking for the 1st Jedi temple, which will be thousands of years old.
>>
>>63768974

How does that dude not know its just on coruscant then?
>>
File: luke+skywalker.jpg (2 MB, 1229x1639) Image search: [Google]
luke+skywalker.jpg
2 MB, 1229x1639
>>63769027
IT TOOK 12 YEARS TO FIND
>>
>>63768974
excuses. he still left and trillions died. he could have stopped them first, then sought knowledge later.
>>
File: w4xalikhxwwc4tcrnzor.jpg (54 KB, 708x575) Image search: [Google]
w4xalikhxwwc4tcrnzor.jpg
54 KB, 708x575
>Who are you?
>I'm Nah-Wan.

What did he mean by this?
>>
Also, the new republic government was just blown up? How the hell are they gonna recover from that? Will the resistance seriously be all that's left and now it's basically back to step 1 , a rebel alliance?

Man anakin may have redeemed himself in 6, but he has caused so much death, even beyond the death of the empire.
>>
>>63768974
I assumed it wasn't going to be a double sided saber, but more of a spear, or just a much longer hilted saber
>>
>>63768974
>Realizes he understands literally nothing about teaching the ways of the force

So why doesn't he just talk to ghost Obi-wan or ghost Yoda or his ghost Dad?
Why does this have to be a plot point at all?
Having it all comeback around full circle to the skywalker family diminishes any purpose of having a new trilogy.
They should've just made Kylo some unconnected force autist who's friends with Hux an empire sympathizer or something. Shit anything. Just have it be new.
>>
SPOILERS:
I just saw Episode 7 - I totally don't get Starkiller Base. It's a planet with an atmosphere, and it has to suck up its own sun to power a big weapon. So once it sucks up it's own sun, wouldn't it be in pitch darkness and freeze completely? Is this planet moveable? Did I miss the part where they flew the planet to the next sun?
>>
>>63769258

Yeah haha this confused me as well. I'm assuming like the Death Stars before it it is moveable.

My main question is how does the gigantic empire build such a smaller battle station compared to a fragmented cult of its former self?
>>
>>63769251
>Implying Star Wars isn't the story of the Skywalker family
>>
>>63769249
Well the first Order is in a similar position, neither has much of a fleet.
>>
>>63769323
* endless soap opera of Skywalker family
>>
>>63769320
Well, using the sun as a source of energy only when it fired wouldn't destroy the sun too fast, wouldn't the sun sorta charge itself in between shots anyway?
>>
>>63769258
I was of the opinion that it just used some of the suns power until the sun started dying, I'm not sure

Also did the forest/planet start snowy? Because if it started to snow as the sun died that would have been amazing
>>
>>63769377
But it sucked up the sun, and once the base blew up, it turned into the star is sucked up.
>>
Opinions on BB-8?

I liked him, he can move faster which means they dont have to come up with a side plot for the droids in every stretch of the journey. Obviously there need to be a few of those
>>
>>63767480
>go to cantina
>get lightsabered by angry young white male

THANKS SKYWALKER
>>
>>63768762
it was the Hosnian system, they say it in the fucking movie you deaf cunt
>>
>>63769469
I liked him a lot more when he used the grapple hooks to stop bouncing around the Falcon. Good alternative to R2's thrusters.
>>
>>63768762
In what way did that look like Corusant? There weren't enough buildings or cars polluting the skyline.
>>
>>63769250
I just think they're aware of how popular that lightsaber is and know giving one to a character that will most likely be around for the trilogy will be a hit
>>
>>63768012
>they try to defend themselves
i'm between laugher and tears , this is so sad and hilarious, those younglings knew they were going to die and still tried to fought, goddamn its so fucking tragic and hilarious.
>>
>>63769500

And how am I supposed to know is Curoscant is in that system or not? Sorry, I didn't take Star Wars geography in High School.
>>
>>63769377
I was under the impression that they had to suck up the entire sun to power the weapon, and that process is what formed the ticking clock in the story. Can they blow up the planet before it sucks up the sun and is capable of firing. That said, I found all this confusing.
>>
>>63769573
More cases than not, when a "system" is named, we just see the one planet that the sector is named for. (Hoth system is a good example)
>>
>>63769556
>its so fucking tragic and hilarious.

It's the poetry of life, my son.
>>
>>63769377

Ehm, no. Stars aren't infinite sources of energy. They don't create energy.

If this empire cult existed in the first place, why didn't the republic simply task its entire fleet along with the resistance to completely destroy the first order before it was able to make a fucking system destroying machine?
>>
SPOILERS
I thought Andy Serkis gave a refreshingly restrained performance as Snoke. Minimal scenery chewing this time.
>>
>>63769703

I read an interesting theory online, this was actually a prediction before the movie released.

Like the French resistance in WW2, the Resistance is funded by the new republic but tries to avoid all out war because they are so tired of war in general.

But, a Pearl Harbor event is to happen in TFA , which clearly it did as predicted in the destruction of planets.
>>
>>63769797
Just wait until we see him in person, normal human size, in 8 or 9, where he does more than just sit in a chair.
>>
Max von Sydow played the old artist in Hannah and her Sisters - in 1986. He has been a professional old guy for thirty years now!
>>
>>63769469
>The lighter thumbs
BB-8 a cute
>>
>>63769931
Thanks reddit :)
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.