[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were the ancient sith so powerful but the modern Sith weaker?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
File: NagaSadow_OmniTOTJ1.jpg (231 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
NagaSadow_OmniTOTJ1.jpg
231 KB, 1024x768
Why were the ancient sith so powerful but the modern Sith weaker?

Shit naga sadow could collapse stars and all palpatine did was sheev lighting out of his dick
>>
It's common in fantasy - the old magic is always stronger than the boring stuff we have now.
>>
>>63766137

>that 1st ed. monster manual

Whoever that guy is, he's my nigga.

He looks familiar though, I've probably seen that show/flick.
>>
>>63766038
jesus that doesn't even look like star wars
>>
>>63766038
Ancient Sith had thousands of years on uninterrupted study before the Jedi book burners came along to fuck their empire.
>>
In the books Sheev is like the ebodiment of the dark side which is why he's more powerful than any other sith as well as Yoda/Mace Windu.

I feel like the fewer the numbers the more concentrated the power, he was described as like a wound in the force pure darkness.
>>
Isn't Sheev considered to be the most powerful Sith who ever lived, even in the EU?
>>
>>63766184
Its several thousand years before. Why would it look the same.
>>
>>63766202
Is palpatine was so powerful how come he couldn't feed off of entire life on planets? Would save the cost of the death star
>>
>>63766250
Apparently he can summon force storms and black holes that swallow whole fleets and shit.
>>
>>63766184

Because it literally is tens of thousands of years before the movies.
>>
File: actual sith pureblood.jpg (87 KB, 844x946) Image search: [Google]
actual sith pureblood.jpg
87 KB, 844x946
>>63766038

What most people don't realize is that the Sith were actually an ancient race of aliens. What you see today of "Sith" is actually a title, passed on as a sort of homage to them.
>>
>>63766218
>Even in the EU
I don't care much for Star wars, 40Kfag but in KOTOR II Darth Nihilus could devour ALL of the life on a a planet using nothing but the force. He had a space ship that was full of holes and dead bodies that he kept alive and habitable using nothing but the force.

I doubt Sheev, though meme-y, has anything near that power.
>>
>>63766038
They aren't though. The Ancient sith really only have biotech as an advantage over the later ones and that was more a racial trait.
>>
>>63766342
Half true, they were a race that theJedi Exiles conquered and used as the foundation to build their powerbase. The Sith were both a culture and a race.
>>
>>63766178
it's from freaks and geeks
>>
File: 1446924003228.jpg (69 KB, 376x304) Image search: [Google]
1446924003228.jpg
69 KB, 376x304
>>63766342

Basically the Dark Jedi who were exiled from Republic Space landed on Korriban and conquered the Sith race, earning the title of Dark Lords of Sith. They bred with the Sith population and later came to be seen as ancestral gods, with their interbred descendants holding power over the other less intelligent drones. The Sith descendants of the Dark Jedi also inherited their ancestors' hatred of the Jedi and the Republic for the perceived injustices against them. Under the direction of the Dark Lords, they conquered many surrounding star systems outside the view of the Republic. As more non-Sith species came under the banner of their empire and as pure Sith blood became more and more diluted through race mixing and as non-Sith became more powerful in the Dark Side under the leadership of their mixed breed Sith overlords, the title of "Sith" and Sith Lord became more philosophical.
>>
>>63766439

Sheev did have immense power. Probably about as much as Nihilus if not more.

The difference was that Nihilus wanted to basically destroy and absorb everything until there was nothing left in the universe.

Sheev however, wanted to rule everything, not destroy it all.
>>
File: 1444001337335.gif (954 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1444001337335.gif
954 KB, 400x300
because the EU is written for fucking power level tier jerking warhammer 40k manchildren like you
>>
>>63766184
>thousands and thousands of years before vader

there ya go
>>
>>63766597

Oh yeah, I saw it 5 years ago as a nerdy highschool sophomore (best year to watch it desu).

Good show.
>>
>>63766527
>The Sith were both a culture and a race.
So, jews?
>>
>>63766743
>>63766439

Sheev could do something called a force storm in the old EU that could exterminate planets or some shit.
>>
>>63766743
Fair enough, it just never felt like it in the movies, he never did anything near as awesome as Nihlius.

But I also get that you have a lot more freedom in what you can do in a game than a movie.
>>
>>63766527
Sounds pretty anti-semitic to be honest
>>
Naga is EU and not canon anymore
>>
>>63766038
Because the original movies had subtlety while games and books and comics just love their powerlevels and flashiness so much.
I mean, Darth Vader even killed Palpatine by lifting him (with one arm missing a hand) and throwing him off a platform.
Not using Sith Stunlock and Force Seismic Toss.
>>
>>63766743
Pretty sure Sheev also reincarnated himself multiple times and can't actually be killed
>>
>>63766857
It gets deeper, after their civilisation was destroyed they became shadowed power-brokers and influenced society to further their own agenda.
>>
>>63766933

To be fair, it was Lucas who turned Sheev into OP saber master doin' flips and shit in the prequels. The EU actually tended to continue the tradition of ROTJ where Sheev's power was more in his ability to manipulate and more subtle command of the Dark Side.

Also, one notices that in the EU, it is usually the Dark Lords who rush to destroy everything who fall fast, which is why Sheev was among the most successful of the Sith Lords. He didn't flaunt his affiliation to the Sith, which only a few really knew about, and he wasn't concerned with the temporary high one gets from grandiose displays of destructive power.
>>
>>63767120
So like the jews?
>>
>>63767306

yes
>>
because EU (like all fanfiction) power level creep is fucking insane

Starkiller in the Force Unleashed games is ridiculous
>>
>>63766439
But as Kreia points out, Nihilus doesn't really have power, because it devours him as much as it devours everything else. He's barely alive, he can't do anything but feel hunger. He has almost no control over himself.
>>
>>63766038
Naga Sadow had to use those funky gloves that enhanced his powers in order to collapse stars.
>>
>>63768327
>because EU (like all fanfiction) power level creep is fucking insane
I don't know what the TVtropes may-may word for "actually more powerful and flashier in canon when it doesn't cost lots of money to do special effects" is, but it's not that.
>>
Weren't the Ancient Sith an actual race of warriors?
>>
>>63769044

see >>63766683
>>
>>63766874

Nihilus' power was really just an illusion. He had no sense of control. For Sheev, control was power.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.