[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: starwars.jpg (319 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
starwars.jpg
319 KB, 1600x1200
So now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this was actually goat?
>>
>>63764917
>the dust has settled
>it's been out for like 2 hours
>>
The dust hasn't even risen yet.
>>
No.

The original series was novel and surprising. It was totally unexpected.

Apparently now making a predictable remake that doesn't completely suck is "GOAT".
>>
>>63764984

You must be fun at parties lmao

Kill yourself my man.
>>
File: fuck it all.jpg (13 KB, 605x341) Image search: [Google]
fuck it all.jpg
13 KB, 605x341
Just saw this for the first time and fucking hated it.

I was visibly shaking by the last 20 minutes of the film, muttering "this is reddit, this is memes, this is videogames, this is memes" under my breath.
>>
>>63764917
GOAT nostalgia bait, I'll admit I got misty eyed at some points
>>
>>63765082

The memes have gotten to you my friend, its time to stop.

You need an intervention so you can enjoy life again.

Movie was great.
>>
It was good. I don't have the same connection to the original trilogy that some people seem to have.
They were fine movies and so is this one.

It has some problems, but then so did the original movies.
>>
>>63764917
where are people watching it are people actually going to the movie theater
>>
Critics have been defined this as a "good flick", critics never use this term, after the dust had actually been settled, everyone will look back and agreed that the time of this saga is long due
>>
>>63764917
It was a very fun movie that felt like Star Wars. The plot was unoriginal, but the new characters were good and likable and the villain was amazing. Definitely on par with the OT.
>>
>>63764917
fury road is better
>>
File: disgust.jpg (52 KB, 1024x1094) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
52 KB, 1024x1094
>>63765145

The ending scene bugged me the most. The very last frames in the movie when the camera starts to go around you know who, that fucking made me mad, why would the director choose that? Why not go for something better? Why do that dramatic shitty camera movement around them?

That ruined what could have been a great scene.
>>
nah

I liked it though. Maybe because I went in with low expectations, but it was enjoyable.
>>
>>63765235
I thought the same thing. I was expecting it to close on his face or maybe a wide shot of the standing across from each other.
But it went to some weird helicopter shot and looked like shit.
>>
>>63765288
it should have ended with look either taking the lightsabers or saying some inspirational force shit.
>>
>>63765208
tough choice. Fury Road was one of the best demonstrations of practical effects and stunt work you can find. But narrative wise, was a little shallow.
>>
>>63765386
with luke**
>>
>>63764917
>bad guys: let's build another death star, be sure to leave a small weakness in it
>good guys: they blowing shit up wit their death star, lets attack it with our space ships, it has a small weakness

3/7 movies in this series are the EXACT SAME PLOT

i'm done. torrenting that shit from now on
>>
How do so many of you faggots see it on opening day?

Do you want to get shot or were you so excited that it clouded your judgement?

Never mind the fact tickets are prolly sold out everywhere
>>
>>63765082
>I was visibly shaking
Autism levels are off the fuckin' chain my friend
>>
>>63765603
>Genuinely being worried about being shot
Ahhh good ol' USA. What a joke
>>
>>63764965
you mean awaken yet?
>>
>>63765603
>>63765632

Well I can confirm I was visibly shaking... because people started clapping and shouting with joy when the movie started, when han appeared and when the movie ended, I just couldnt take it.
>>
>>63765603
My theatre was half empty, it was great. I think everyone went to see it in 3D.
>>
>>63765474
you'll be back, goyim
>>
>>63765603
>Do you want to get shot or were you so excited that it clouded your judgement?
haaa...jokes on you, I don't live in the usa
>>
>>63765708
Honestly man I just don't understand why you didn't see that coming a mile off. On opening day you're gonna get the most fanboy of fanboys filling up the theatre so of course they'd do that. Hell they even did it here in England. People never fuckin' clap for anything here
>>
>>63765820

No, you see, I did see that coming, I was afraid of going to see it for that very reason.

The problem with this is that, in my mind, those people clapping with joy while seeing Han appear on screen are either people that never really cared for Starwars or were the kind of people that would bully me back in the day when I was a kid for liking it a little bit to much, you know what I am saying?

I dont know it just seems to me that some people are just doing it because le cool new starwars trend meme so nerdy lmao XD
>>
>>63766006
Eh I dunno, some people genuinely do care about Han and the series itself that much. I get that others will probably bandwagon clap just because but yeah I'm sure peeps out there are genuinely that weirdly passionate
>>
>>63765706
the dust hasnt even star wars the force awakens in theaters December 18 2015 now in imax and 3d yet
>>
So much exposition. They had to explain that Kylo was the son of Han Solo about 20 times. It would have been so much better if it was ambiguous up until the point they were on the walkway and Solo says the face of my son. Would have been so much more dramatic
>>
Really enjoyed it. Only problem I thought was that the not-death star is just kinda thrown in there. Even though it blows up planets and shit it doesn't feel threatening at all and is barely even acknowledged in the movie.
Finn is a shit character that I don't want to get much focus on sequels but I can't get everything I want.
Also since they went for a much darker tone they should raise the age limit (which won't happen), now the tone is kinda wasted.
>>
>>63765082
I had the same thing, when Rey with no lightsaber experience managed to beat the shit out of Kylo Edge I almost died.
>>
File: not_funny.png (159 KB, 500x243) Image search: [Google]
not_funny.png
159 KB, 500x243
>>63766281
What the fuck, do you even know what exposition means?
Please, list every part where they hamfisted Kylos heritage down your throat.
>>
>>63764984
It's okay anon. I agree. I've loved star wars since I was a wee lad and this movie was pandering galore. I'm glad jj was a genius for rehashing episode IV.
>>
>>63766281

Exactly my point, its like they think the audience is stupid or something (most of them are).

He even says ''Grandfather'' when hes speaking to the Vader helmet like if we didnt know already that hes part of the family.

Also where the fuck are all of the Force Ghost now? Back in the OT they were everywhere giving their opinion and shit and now they are nowhere to be seen, cant fucking Vader Ghost appear in front of this kid and tell him to fuck off or something?
>>
>>63766281
But that's the point. They didn't want his identity to be the BIG REVEAL, like it was with Vader. They just acknowledged it, and used it as part of the story.
>>
File: 266123269.jpg (41 KB, 403x533) Image search: [Google]
266123269.jpg
41 KB, 403x533
>>63766343
So you're just too stupid to follow character progression?
>>
>>63766548

Too fast anon, not good.
>>
>>63766616
What did you mean by that?
>>
>>63766428
I'll take my notepad to the next screening you fucking autist.

Yes I know what exposition means.

>>63766515
Fair enough, it does give Solo a strong motive to go back to the resistance
>>
>>63766681

So Luke was strong as fuck right? Literally Rei, even tho, he apparently had to train his ass off with Yoda and still got his ass handed by Vader.

I never saw Rei do any of that shit and she still managed to defeat this guy because muh force.
>>
File: 1432930938137.jpg (126 KB, 941x960) Image search: [Google]
1432930938137.jpg
126 KB, 941x960
>>63766758
There was no exposition dump on Kylo being Hans son.
So fuck you for spouting shit.
>>
Phasma is so underused, but KK wants more grrrlll power in Ep 8 so
>>
>>63766907
Kylo is weak. Always was. Too much fear. To much conflict. Not enough focus. It's not surprising someone who bothered to concentrate kicked the shit out of him.
>>
>>63764984
>The original series was novel and surprising. It was totally unexpected.

It was L I T E R A L L Y a rip off of old samurai films
>>
>>63766999

And I agree but the better choice would have been to show that she was able to keep up in a fight againts him, not straight defeat him in the first movie.
>>
File: 1408413182929.jpg (73 KB, 456x425) Image search: [Google]
1408413182929.jpg
73 KB, 456x425
>>63765082
>I was visibly shaking by the last 20 minutes of the film, muttering "this is reddit, this is memes, this is videogames, this is memes" under my breath.

10/10
>>
>>63765082
>doesn't like decent movie
>unironically uses 'le reddit' meme
Yeah dude, you just need to not have shit taste.
>>
>>63766907
It's not like because this guys power level is 11 and that guys level is 13 so he must win.
Yoda should have rektd Dooku, Anakin was supposedly better fighter than Obi, bunch of jedis die to regular clone troopers, etc.
Kylo is an insecure little twat that doesn't even know what he wants to do. Also Kylos training wasn't completed. Rei was shown to be a good fighter in the beginning already.
>>
Adam Driver was easily the best part of the movie.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 568x311) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 568x311
>>63764917
>>
>people didn't cheer when they quoted the Tatooine dusk shot
That was weird.
>>
>>63767185

That moment when hes going to interrogate Rei and he takes the Helmet off, he looked so threatening that he made the movie for me.
>>
>muh strong female protagonist
>bad acting from black guy
>worst possible actor is the antagonist

Other than that it's alright, the international funny parts bothered me so much.

>normies clapping every time a character comes up and laughing hysterically at chewy
>>
>>63767049
I felt this way at first, but it sounds like Kylo Ren is getting some further training. Will probably be a "Darth" in the next film.

Rey has had everything go so well for her, she'll probably take some serious damage in VIII, physically or emotionally.
>>
File: bb8.gif (1 MB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
bb8.gif
1 MB, 500x208
>>63767185
>IMPLYING IT WASN'T BB-8
>>
File: 1251679548369.png (279 KB, 442x335) Image search: [Google]
1251679548369.png
279 KB, 442x335
>>63765082
>I was visibly shaking by the last 20 minutes of the film, muttering "this is reddit, this is memes, this is videogames, this is memes" under my breath.

How the fuck is /tv/ so good at this kind of autistic shitposting

Like it seems so fake, but I genuinely cannot imagine the kind of mind it takes to invent this shit, so I can only assume this actually happened
>>
>>63766006
How about you start worrying about yourself and not other people. Shaking because some people cheered at a movie is not normal you stupid fucking faggot.
>>
>>63767244
Totally.

Though I do have to admit that Girls colored my perceptions of the characters in a weird way.
>>
>>63767185
Adam Driver was literally the only part of the movie I didn't like
>>
>>63767337
Shit taste.

The worst part of the movie was its devotion to rhyming.
>>
>>63767385
I didn't notice that. When do they rhyme?
>>
Ren all sweaty and mad as fuck in the end looked really much like Haydens Anakin.
That was pretty cool to be honest with you members of my family.
>>
I figured it out! Rey must have watched the original trilogy when she was flying back to deather star 2.01 and figured out what the exact things Jedis can do. That makes sense!

What were they thinking with Rey though for real? It's like there was mandate for a strong female lead but they couldn't make an actual character, so here is MaRey Sue!
>>
>>63766926
Snoke literally says "your father Han Solo"
>>
>>63767291

But I dont want to be normal anon :^)

I fucking hate people and prolly wont go to the movies until fucking episode VIII comes out
>>
>>63766926
except the part where snoke literally said he was his father lol
>>
I just cant get past the fact that jj abrams is a jew that hates white people.

Disney is jewish owned , hires a white hating jewish director. They proceed to push diversity

I mean the fact that white people dont see this is a genetic flaw that will be and looks like it is their downfall
>>
File: starkiller.jpg (125 KB, 500x397) Image search: [Google]
starkiller.jpg
125 KB, 500x397
Honestly while I would have preferred a more original plot, the whole "rehashing ep IV" elements didn't really bother me too much. I feel like after the bad taste that was left in everyone's mouth from the prequels, JJ really tried to tie it back to the original trilogy to make it seem like Star Wars again. I feel like the whole film was sort of a compromise between giving us the old and familiar, and introducing us to new concepts and characters. Now that they've gotten people interested in Star Wars again I'm hoping that they take a more ambitious approach with the subsequent films.
>>
was anyone else distracted by how pretty rey is?

like, she's too attractive for this role. whenever she was on screen i just thought about how pretty she is and tfw no gf
>>
>>63767456
Yes and after that he is making sure he has no problems going against his father.
It makes sense in context.
>>
>>63767531

But we see it anon, I personally was worried for having the nigger on screen do all this stuff, but I started to feel ok with it when I realized that hes there for some kind of comedy relief stuff and because, in the end, whe confirm finally that theres no race mixing.

So I am ok for now.
>>
>FUCKING NIGGER IN MAH STAR WARS
>GOD DAMN JEWISH ILLUMINATI OVERLORDS WITH FORCED DIVERSITY
>WHERES MUH WHITE MALE MAIN CHARACTER
>REEEEEEEEE

twist ending he was the best part of the movie and basically carried the entire thing
>>
>>63767562

It definitely felt like a way to get the public reacquainted with Star Wars. Rehash IV, bring back characters, prodigal son, etc. 8 is setting up to be pretty interesting with Luke being back, Han dead and the death star v3 blown up. Hope they take it an interesting direction.
>>
Its garbage unless you love capeshit and movies like transformers 2
>>
That thought it was pretty good. They played it pretty safe but it was good.

6/10 "Film"
8-8.5/10 "Flick"
>>
>>63767531
I just can't get over how they aren't even hidding it. JJ literally has said he wants less white people, that white = bad and it is just ignored.

I'm still bamboozled how acceptable it is to say whatever shit you like about white people, yet saying anything remotely negative about anyone else is considered pure evil.
>>
>>63767676

Hows it feel to be an edgy contrarian faggot? Kill yourself my man
>>
WHY DOES EVERY CHARACTER HAVE SOME WITTY DIALOGUE AND FUNNY JOKES TO DELIVER AT EVERY MOMENT???

This movie has serious fucking tone problems. The scene where Rey first uses the force and escapes from the room and Ren comes in and freaks out. That should be serious moment where we see Kylos frustration and its ruined by two stormtroopers doing some stupid slapdick comedy and turning around and walking away. Stupid.

Same with when Fin, Han, and Chewie are in the star killer looking for Rey. Han makes a head motion like hes found Rey and Fin just makes a stupid Seth Rogen level joke. Awful.

Overall good flick though.
>>
>>63767700
You tell me, facebook "movie buff"
>>
>>63767729
>>63767688

This film/flick meme sure is good lmao!
>>
So what was the "Awakening"

Did Luke awaken the force?
>>
>>63764917
This was the worst piece of shit that I have seen this year.

>no character development
>deus ex machina (multiple times)
>no emotional attachment to the characters
>alot of "why was that even in there?"
>boring and well-worn environments
>the surprises were unsurprising
>too much trying to appeal to nostalgia and the past instead of actually developing the universe and moving it forward
>>
>>63767847

Rei did.

>>63767789

Back off meme man, you sure know more about movies than me champ! Now out of this thread pls
>>
>>63767879
I haven't seen it yet. What did the girl do? Every spoiler and plot summary I've seen just says "there was this girl" and that's it.
>>
>>63767729

>This movie has serious fucking tone problems

Agreed.
>>
>>63766343
>>63766907
Why are people complaining about that Ren fight like she won right out? The dude took a bowcaster shot, wounds from Finn and then had to fight her. She was the THIRD attempt to bring him down, I was more worried about how fucking durable they were making him out to be
>>
File: 1434325639293.jpg (26 KB, 350x300) Image search: [Google]
1434325639293.jpg
26 KB, 350x300
>>63766505
The Force works in mysterious ways
>>
>>63764917
The only character that felt like he belonged in a SW movie was Poe and he had like 10 mins of screen time, Finn was a retarded character that didnt hesitate to kill all of the people he grew up with to get a white woman he knew for a few days tops. And the girl was a Mary Sue, even John Williams was surprisingly lacking.

I still had fun and think the next movie is going to be better and take some more risks.
>>
In the words of my younger brother "They made Kylo Ren look like a bitch and copied the ending of episode 4"
>>
>>63768014

Well yeah, I guess Ill give them that, the way he was enduring the fight while still bleeding cuz of Chewies shot was good.
>>
>>63767980
The main character? Pull shit out of her ass. She was using hacks the whole game.
>>
>>63765235
>>63765288
oh that fucking irked me

last frame scenes from all the other starwars movies were fucking great
>Phantom menace = big parade, shouting "peace!"
>Attack of the Maori's = wedding of Ani and Padme
>Revenge of the Sith = lukes aunt and uncle watching the horizon as luke does in ANH
>A new hope = Awards ceromony for han, luke and chewwy
>Empire Strikes Back = entire rebel fleet massing
>Return of the jedi = The entire group togehter celebrating the destruction of the death star

>Force awakens = shitty helicopter pan while luke doesnt talk and rey trying to hand him a lightsaber
made me cringe
>>
We can agree that it was made by a goat.

As in I now believe JJ Abrams is secretly a caprine ungulate who has thus far deceived everyone into thinking he is a human being while he churns out shitty movies.
>>
>>63767956
>Back off meme man, you sure know more about movies than me champ! Now out of this thread pls
You seem upset now
>>
>>63767729
>The scene where Rey first uses the force and escapes from the room
How does she even know to do that?
>>
>>63768274
Because she is a woman and portraying a female as incapable of doing anything is misogynist.
>>
>>63764917
It was very mediocre reminds me of enders game and guardians of the galaxy.
>>
File: s-l1600 (1).jpg (116 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (1).jpg
116 KB, 1200x1600
>>63764917
I havent seen it yet, but all the fags on here have ruined it for me, and i gotta say..

really not impressed with the writing. I'm sure the execution is far better
>>
>>63766999
>Kylo is weak

what the fuck have you guys even watched the movie.
>>
>>63768274
She has a midi-chlorian count of sixteen billion
>>
>>63768023
ah hoy hoy!
>>
>>63764917
Found a redditor.
>>
>>63767244
>he looked so threatening that he made the movie for me
Where i watched, everyone laughed their asses off at that moment, nigga is ugly as shit.
>>
If the movie is good, you want it to be bad. If the movie is bad, you demand even more hate.

I love this board.
>>
>>63765145
ᴴᵃᶰ ˢᵒᶫᵒ ᵈᶦᵉˢ ᶦᶰ ᵗʰᵉ ᶰᵉʷ ˢᵗᵃʳ ʷᵃʳˢ ᵐᵒᵛᶦᵉ
>>
>>63768431
Everyone in this movie was ugly as shit.
>>
>>63767879
>No character development

yeah cuz luke had a lot of character development in the first movie
>>
literally a 2/5
stockholm syndrome, that's what it is. emotional manipulation through hommages and fan service that left me empty in the end. mind you, the first half had so much promise. i elbowed my friends at the sight of the x-wings and got giddy during the chases but in the end i felt cheated. it's just a thin setup for the sequels that holds no weight in story, characterization or dialogues. no audacity whatsoever.
>>
>>63768551
Luke learning to trust the force is more development than Rey had
>>
I'll need to let it sit for a while before I rank it. Right now I'm inclined to say it was third best behind RotJ and ANH (unpopular.. ESB was too dark for me)
>>
>>63768274
>the force awakens is the title of the movie
>she listened to stories and knew the whole Jedi bullshit, she even collected old helmets and old war junk
>Maz told her she was chosen by the force and the saber called for her
>she knew exactly what that meant, she knew who was vader, the force, lightsaber battles, even ewoks knew that shit thanks to 3PO

you have all evidences but refuse to understand, did they really have to draw it and put in capital words?
>>
>>63767419
I enjoyed that, the lightsaber scenes were also great.

Over all Ren came across as an excellent villain.
>>
>>63768431
I thought the laughs were because he looks nothing like Harrison Ford or Carrie Fisher

Seriously, scenes that were supposed to be threatening of him sans helmet were reduced to a couple folks laughing too loud because of that.
>>
File: 1241180161136.jpg (28 KB, 529x487) Image search: [Google]
1241180161136.jpg
28 KB, 529x487
>>63768645

>I've watched some kung fu flicks
>An old chinese guy told me I was the chosen one
>I knew exactly who bruce lee and jacky chan were
>That means I can become a kung fu badass instantly and rek shaolin monks or karate black belts who've been training for most of their lives
>This is a reasonable expectation and does not harm the legitimacy of these things at all

-YOUR LOGIC
>>
>>63768645

Please don't tell me Rey is a physical avatar of the Force.

Please don't tell me she is supposed to be the embodiment of the Force.

Season 6 of The Clone Wars just made the Force fucking INTERESTING, goddammit, with all that stuff about the Living Force and the Cosmic Force and how they're two parts of the same whole and all this cool philosophical stuff.

You cannot be saying what I think you are saying.
>>
>>63767573
Not really until that last scene with the side boob, most of the time she seemed pretty bland. Better than most of the women I can get but still near the middle of Hollywood.
>>
>>63764917
Back to reddit
>>
>>63768472
But the movie wasnt good. It was as good as the first hobbit movie, when was the last time you gave that movie any though?

Entertaining yes, good, no.
>>
>>63767627
I liked him and Poe. Could've left Rey out tbch.
>>
>>63768231

Was that the only comeback you could think of when you realized how much of a joke you are? :^)
>>
Don't worry I'm sure once the underage american franchise slave side of this board see its you'll get your "iz goat 100/10!!" discussion
>>
>>63768274
i like the theory that touching the lightsaber literally awakens the force in her, attunes her and sort of gives her intuition to these types of things
>>
>>63768537
Rey is cute.
>>
>>63768645
>the force awakens is the title of the movie
Nobody even knows why it was called that. If anything it should be called Ray Awakens.
>>
Episode 8 expectations:

MORE POE

MORE PHASMA

LESS REFERENCES

SOMEONE LOSES A HAND

HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN
>>
>>63768585
Its on the same level of rey.
>>
I'm not sure who's shitposting who anymore.
>>
>>63767627
>>Best thing
Your boyfriend is black isnt he?

His character was poorly written, unless of course you consider normal for a person to murder all of the people he grew up with just to save some white chick you barely know. His acting was the second best though.
>>
>>63767980
Basically could fly and repair the Falcon better than Han and could use the force without any training, including the Jedi mind trick.

Also she beat the crap out of a trained stormtrooper (Finn).
>>
>>63768006
This, I liked it but yeah, not every scene needs a joke. This isn't Avengers.
>>
>>63769011
And beat the crap out of a trained sith.
>>
>>63768964

FIRST ORDER DECIDES TO STRIKE BACK

LESS X WINGS MORE B and A WINGS

A LOT MORE KYLO

LESS REI
>>
>>63768902
Possibly, but it was never really explained. It just happened, just like other things in this film.
>>
>>63768824
>Season 6 of The Clone Wars just made the Force fucking INTERESTING, goddammit, with all that stuff about the Living Force and the Cosmic Force and how they're two parts of the same whole and all this cool philosophical stuff.

Alright, without getting wookiepedia on me here, what the fuck is the Living Force and the Cosmic Force
>>
>>63768860

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>63764917
it tried to emulate so many moments from ANH and it ended up feling shallow and spiritless, like the scene in the cantina, I mean we all remember that scene from episode iv, it's magical and special and memorable, but then can you guys even remember the cantina scene in TFA?
>>
>>63764917

whats the new starwars meme? i need to know
>>
>>63769001
>unless of course you consider normal for a person to murder all of the people he grew up with just to save some white chick you barely know.

>Killing and betraying all his homies for a shot at white pussy

I dunno sounds like a realistically written nigger to me senpai
>>
I saw it with my friend today. Went in with no expectations. Ended up loving it. I really loved the movie, we both did. On the way out, we were saying to each other about how if we looked online when we got home, everybody online would be talking about how shit it was. And we were right.

Everybody on the internet is a contrarian who wants to feel like a true discerning critic. So they shit on absolutely everything.

The new star wars film was indeed GOAT. Just don't look for discussion about this (or any other) film on the internet because everybody is too busy nitpicking to actually enjoy anything.
>>
>>63769095
Giving a thumbs up with a lighter
>>
>>63769091

Yeah, because I liked the movie.

You clearly didnt really like it that much so you chose to forget.
>>
>>63768274
There are legends about jedi's doing mind manipulation I imagine, so when she was told about her powers and used them against Ren she figured she could do that shit also.
>>
>>63767275

takes years of practice. lurk moar.
>>
>>63769120
What are you top 10 films of all time?
>>
>>63769091
I was specifically waiting for it to hear Lin Manuel-Miranda's song, but it wasn't as interesting/catchy as I hoped. Still good, but a more laid back reggae type thing
>>
>>63768014
This, perfect summary.
>>
Is there an explanation as to why Kylo uses that lightsaber when the crystal is cracked or w/e? Why not use one of the other 5 billion lightsabers that are around
>>
>>63769049
To be fair that was after he took a bowcaster shot to the shoulder and survived an explosion and got slashed a few times by Finn. See >>63768014
>>
>>63765117
>>63765632
>>63767087
>>63767171
>>63767275
You guys know you're replying to pasta right?
>>
>>63769164
Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th Part 2
Friday the 13th Part III
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
Friday the 13th: A New Beginning
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives
Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan
Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
Jason X
>>
>>63768076

Amen on the Kylo looking like a bitch at the end there. I don't care how badly he was beat up, this girl has to be literally Force Jesus to be able to do that shit with 0 (zero) training.
>>
>>63768071
Poe was great desu, and him and Finn had great chemistry. Rey was there just to look good imho.
>>
>>63769254

Do you realize you are replying to counter memes right? We know about tv culture anon XD we know its le pasta meme hehehe~~!
>>
>>63769137
If that were the case, you gotta let the audience know too. We can't just expect to know everything. There were alot of kids in the audience too. No way did they know what was going on.
>>
>>63769303
Oh god kill yourself
>>
>>63769254
You do realize most of them are not even from this board right?
Literally 90% of the star shit posts are from tourists
>>
File: 1438476400021.jpg (65 KB, 640x625) Image search: [Google]
1438476400021.jpg
65 KB, 640x625
>>63765082
It's time to take a break from 4chin, anon.
>>
>>63768014
Not only that but I felt like Ren was pretty much a beginner himself so wouldn't be that skilled in combat with a lightsaber
>>
>>63769233
Nope, I guess he wanted to build his own but his autism and ADHD led him to fuck up.

Luckily JJ had that one destroyed in the end so the next director can decide whether to bring it back or not.
>>
>>63769333

Nice le meme anon, tv culture is great and I love to be here to provide the best counter memes to you lmao!

So someone get this hothead out of here! hehehe~!
>>
>>63769341

>muh le exclusive tv culture!

Its like you are proud of being part of this shithole or something like that.

Thats just sad desu.
>>
I had things I liked and things I didn't like. OVerall I'd say it had a spark of magic but wasn't fully though, but was still a good movie.

That said, the part where Rei picks up the lightsaber and Binary Sunset plays was goat. Fucking mist, man
>>
>>63765027

I'm sure you have fun at your dusty 40 year old parties. Probably haven't even changed the fruit punch.
>>
>>63769315
Completely agree, I'm an adult and it still took a minute to figure out. They could've done that better than mentioning jedi legends once in the beginning then bringing it up in an unrelated way.

Other than that though I like the spontaneous discovery of powers, reminds me of Anakin.
>>
File: Force_Priestesses_Destiny.png (420 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
Force_Priestesses_Destiny.png
420 KB, 640x720
>>63769068

The Force is one thing, but could also be thought of as two.

All life creates and sustains the Living Force. It connects all living things together.

When a living thing dies, all of this is removed, and passes into the Cosmic Force. The Cosmic Force is the part of the Force that binds the galaxy together, the part that is alluded to when people say things like "the will of the Force".

The Force feeds back into life through what Jedi science calls the midichlorians, making life possible, completing the circle. Life creates the Living Force, the Living Force creates the Cosmic Force, and the Cosmic Force creates live.

This is also part of how Force ghosts work: when a living thing dies, normally everything in them that is part of the Force moves into the Cosmic Force, and their identity is absorbed directly into it. To retain one's consciousness and identity after death means basically being able to stay on the Living Force side of the fence, without becoming one with the Cosmic Force.

To preserve your identity after death, you must know your true self and then let go.
>>
>>63769125
I can't lie, that made me laugh a little. I acknowledge that I'm a pleb.
>>
>>63769403
Better cancer from an art board than cancer from /v/, /r9k/, /tg/, /co/, or whatever garbage board you crawled out of save for /lit/ and /ic/
>>
>>63769466
I seriously thought they were going to explain the force more in this movie.
>>
>>63769545

TCW already did it right at the last minute in season 6.

And besides: what does JewJew know of the Force? Dave Filoni is the one who studied at the feet of the master for 8 years before the buyout. He's the one who actually has some insight into Lucas's original ideas and how to translate them into film, how to make them good.

Abrams is a hack fanboy who makes hack fanfiction.
>>
File: 1445448780506.jpg (17 KB, 268x284) Image search: [Google]
1445448780506.jpg
17 KB, 268x284
>>63768824
>no!!! I need to know her exact midichlorian power level!!!
>here, watch this CHILDRENS CARTOON that did it right!! its CANON!!!
>>
>>63769478
>I acknowledge that I'm a pleb.
It's okay to enjoy things, anon. It's perfectly fine to like movies! Don't let the internet's attitude warp you. It doesn't matter what anybody things apart from you. Did you enjoy the movie? That's the only question that matters. Not, "what will /tv/ think of me if I admit I liked it", not, "if i like this film does that make me a pleb", not "if i shit all over it would that make me a smart, discerning critic". Just, "did I enjoy the movie".
>>
>>63769352
It's pretty much shown throughout the movie that whatever training he had whenever he loses his cool he becomes shit at self control, the idea that someone who has composure could knock someone down (why are we acting like he was even knocked out, he was still conscious and ready to get back up before shit imploded and she ran away) Yeah, she got some lucky shots in, but anyone does when you're fighting someone who when they lose their cool they can't even contain their shit to not tear up shit to shreds, the fact he already took mega hits from weapons that straight kill people outright, and was still able go with rage shows she won only with composure, in fact, I'm pretty sure it's shown via slow mo close up that she has fucking composure. This is like saying a grown person is not able to at least come to a draw with a raging child. It's a stupid argument. Maybe everyone would be happy if they all did flippy shit and jumped around a lot.
>>
>>63769490

I come from lit.

Also

>art board

You say that like you actually fucking believe it.

Kid literally shut your fucking mouth and get the fuck out I am cringing at your shit.
>>
>>63769820
>kid
>cringe

teenager detected
>>
>>63769466

So literally the plot of KOTOR 2?

Kotor 2 explains this better without all that nonsense and actually gives a proper explanation to what the Force really is.
>>
>>63769752
I think you're right. I forgot all about his temper tantrums during the fight.
>>
>>63769466

>Entertaining the existence of midichlorians

Ehhhh
>>
>>63769466
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VVrQAi9Ycs
>>
>>63769120
You're literally a moron. You probably can't even figure out how your post is irrelevant to the discussion of the movie's flaws. Actually, you probably can't even figure out it was a commercially driven rehash of A New Hope. You're exactly the type of brainless child the Disney movie committee was targeting when they developed this flick around a conference table
>>
>>63769820
>I come from lit.
You come from /co/ or /tg/ at best or maybe even /vg/ judging by this post
>>
>>63769466
https://youtu.be/_CIYR_XgBSY
>>
>>63769967
Yes anon. You're intelligent. You know a lot about film. You truly appreciate the medium. You have a discerning taste. You are smart. You are not like the common herd. You think for yourself.
>>
>>63768274
The force finds a way ;-)
>>
>>63769689
I did enjoy it, thanks anon :)
>>
>>63769848

What?

No.

KOTOR 2's all about complicated morality shit and the idea of "wounds" in the Force.

It discusses some related ideas, sure, but TCW finally spent pretty much a whole episode on having Yoda unlearn everything he has learned and learn what the REAL deal is with the Force. There's not much morality talk here.
>>
>>63768399

> She has a midi-chlorian count of sixteen billion

That is no excuse, so does Ren.
>>
>>63770153

Kotor 2 is literally an indepth analisis on how the Force is not just ''muh magical powers'' but a connection of all beings and how the absense of the force would solve all of the problems in the galaxy.

Reason why the Jedi feared the main character and decided to outcast him, because the though of something that could be free from the Force scared them.
>>
>>63769990

>muh 4chin culture XD

Jesus, you actually sound fucking proud of being here.

Well... this is just sad desu familia.
>>
>>63765082
did you play Fallout 4 as well?
>>
>>63769867
not just that he has temper tantrums several times, mostly when he doesn't get his way. Kylo Ren is a child, and is prone to rage. He's not some super trained Sith Master, he may be in the Knights of Ren but just looking at him could tell he's younger than Leia, even going by the timeline he's 25 at most, and going by the flashbacks he was a teenager when he left. His training from Snoke, if there was and is overshadowed by his desire to do what he thinks he grandfather would have done, or by his absolute hate of the Rebellion out of hatred of his uncle and father; not to mention being completely emotionally unstable, at one point admitting he was essentially having an emotional breakdown and being torn apart.. He's no master, he's a child in a man's body with the ability to kill as he pleases but can't take things not going his way, couple that with the fact that he's got some serious stamina to survive not just the bolt shot from Chewy which second earlier killed a trooper, laser shots from Rey, a few strikes from Fin, and then a few lucky shots from Rey, and then one focused strike because Rey realised she needed to keep her cool. It goes back to Jedi, Kylo fights like Luke when sent into a rage, random strikes out of rage in attempt to just damage, his fighting style mirrors angry Luke, the only difference is that Luke knew he was giving into the dark side and realised he was a Jedi, like his father before him before he finished the job.
>>
>>63767244
That was a bit of a whyboner for me.
I think I might have a fetish for threat-of-mind-control.

>>63768431
>ugly as shit
the enigma of my genitals.
>>
>>63770344

Like I said, related ideas, but it focuses on different aspects of those ideas. KOTOR 2 explores the Force more than almost anything else in the old EU, but everything it explores ties back into wounds in the Force by necessity, since explaining anything that DOESN'T at some level pertain to wounds in the Force would be unnecessary extras in a game that was already constrained by time and budget.

TCW explored more things beyond that, expanding further, because the whole point of the episode was to explore how the Force works. There was a goal in mind, ultimately, of explaining how Force ghosts work, but TCW had the budget and time to just devote a whole episode to this stuff instead of having to economize.

Lucas always did like the KOTOR games. I'd be surprised if he didn't borrow some ideas while he was working on TCW.
>>
>>63769967
The movie had it's flaws and homages, but to say it's a direct rip-off of New Hope shows that you either didn't see the film, or you've never seen a new hope, there's similiarities but it's star wars, and most of all it's star wars introducing a new cast of characters, of course there's similarities, and aside from empire, when wasn't there a a big raid on a death in star wars? Wait, that's how it ended in both Star Wars and Return of the Jedi, that's just carrying it on. Imagine that, group that builds giant super weapon twice and planned for more builds improved version of super weapon. What next, should we criticise GI Joe cartoons for how many times Cobra rebuilt the weather dominator?
>>
>>63768168
>attack of the maoris
kek
>>
I thought it was really good. I've been so bored with most movies for the past few years, this was nice.

At least until they do Star Wars every single year and make it as shitty as superheros.
>>
>>63764917
Crimson peak was better than this,
probably only for that "I knew you weren't his sister" line, but still.
>>
Better than Jedi and the PT, but still not close to ANH or Empire.

Plot was copypasted from ANH with some names changed and a negro replacing Han Solo. Ironically his scenes were among the best in the film.
>>
File: 1420350663597.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1420350663597.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>63768431
I think he wasn't supposed to be threatening in that scene
They were playing him off as an angry teen who wasn't in control of himself

Like Anakin in the prequels, only done well
>>
>>63770740
Yes. I came out of the film thinking that was what Anakin should have been.

I loved Kylo Ren.
>>
>>63764917
I just watched ROTJ and I think TFA is almost on the same level with it
For now,
V>IV>>>>>>VI>VII>III>>>>>>>>II>>>>>>>>>>>I
>>
>>63768188
underrated post
>>
File: they live star jews.jpg (277 KB, 648x960) Image search: [Google]
they live star jews.jpg
277 KB, 648x960
So, did the chick get blacked or what?

I won't see it either way, not giving J Jew a dime after Super 8 and Star Trek 2 abortions
>>
File: HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.jpg (54 KB, 460x464) Image search: [Google]
HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.jpg
54 KB, 460x464
>>63764917
No, man, no.

I went into this thinking, "J.J. Abrams is going to give me a mediocre film and everything so far makes this look just like A New Hope," and all of that was correct.

What sucks is that in remaking A New Hope, he made it so the plot doesn't make any sense. What the fuck is the First Order? What is the Resistance? If they're a part of the Republic, why are they the Resistance? What does the Republic do nowadays? Why didn't they try and stop the Starkiller when they found out it was the size of five fucking Death Stars and not after it blew up five planets even though they knew it had that capability because they've already dealt with two Death Stars in the past?

Why did this have to be mediocre? Why? They could have made any story they wanted and they chose to just retell a story that didn't need retelling.
>>
>>63770417
https://youtu.be/_RFYoZ7H67A?t=181

Kylo fights nothing like this, you're an idiot, he's a trained sith master and Rey is a chick who got a lightsaber from a LOTR bridge troll.
>>
>>63768274
She penetrated Kylo's mind in the previous scene.
>>
>>63770883

kill yourself pls filthy contrarian faggot

>>63770843

No, black guy gets friendzoned. Its over. No black dick for Rei in this movie, yet...
>>
>>63770962
>contrarian
You're right. I mean, how can I dislike this film that has a 95% on Rotten Tomatoes with an 8.2 average?

But seriously, I wish I liked it, I really did.
>>
>>63770883
the problem is that most of this is explained in the lead up "before awakening" there is still very much a civil war now, it's no longer a rebellion so much two competing systems of government, in fact I think it's even said in the movie, the resistance is the resistance to the first order which has taken over certain sections of the galaxy. Or did you think that the death of the emperor would just immediately mean a return to democracy? There's still warring factions in Iraq for control. Think of it like this, the New Republic is the Government of Iraq and the New Order is ISIS.
>>
>>63769352
She closes her eyes and turns into a god.
>>
>>63770395
>not being proud of le exclusive 9gag club
>>
>>63771044
I've been keeping up with the new canon. I haven't read Before the Awakening yet, though. The only stuff that takes place in this same timeframe as TFA are the short stories that came out a few weeks ago, and those don't really detail the state the galaxy is in.

I did not get the feeling that there is a civil war at all. All the stuff I read from Aftermath and Shattered Empire make it look like the rebels are kicking the remnants of the Empire's ass.

So then there's no the Empire and the Rebellion anymore but the First Order and the Resistance. Where do they come from? It's relatively simple in A New Hope to figure out where both factions come from, but not so much in The Force Awakens. You ask, "did you think that the death of the emperor would just immediately mean a return to democracy?" and even though the new canon doesn't immediately make it seem that way, the end of Return of the Jedi really does.

There needs to be some event -- some catalyst that explains why the galaxy is in the state it's in 30+ years after the Rebellion took down the Empire.
>>
>>63771185
Except in the original expanded Universe in which there's entire clone batches of the Emperor at the ready, and the galaxy is in civil war. I mean, in a new hope it established what it was but it didn't state why. I can count at least 20 times in the now Legends line that were canon where the Emperor's death didn't mean the end of the Empire just the end of sith rule, and even then he came back, and cloned Luke..

And if you're asking how 30 years later a Military order could raise up take vast territory and create a new state and balance, ask yourself this, how does it happen in real life all the time?
>>
>>63771452
I'm not necessarily asking how, but rather why it wasn't explained to the viewer. I feel like the viewer needs to know why there's a new Empire and a new Rebellion. Last thing the viewer saw, the Empire was pretty much done.
>>
>>63771074
No, she like at the end of Empire closed her eyes and realised that instead of just swinging blindly if you focus instead of rage you could get a good hit in. Why is everyone acting like she KO'd Kylo, he was ready to get up but then the fucking planet collapsed. I forgot though, that's never happened before..

https://youtu.be/_RFYoZ7H67A?t=181

Except, even though this video was obviously used as a troll it shows Skywalkers even when trained are super shitty when fighting with rage, but also when they realise to use judgement they can make one right move.
>>
File: Star Wars (13).gif (3 MB, 390x357) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars (13).gif
3 MB, 390x357
>>63764917

I loved it but my only complaint is I can;t remember any of the music....
>>
>>63771513
Why is half the shit mentioned in the original trilogy not explained to the viewer, the adventures between ANH and Empire, How they got to Hoth, etc. The original ending to Jedi didn't even feature the scene of the statue falling. It's star wars and they're creating a mythology. It stands to reason that all the shit left around from the Empire and exiled or old commanders of the Empire could easily assemble something, A New Hope never established how the empire came about, just that there was a republic and now an empire, the first movie in a new set always leaves mysteries but event Abrams calls it a Juanta.. and if there's no jedi to preserve the republic, and Leia's comments about the fight still going even after Luke tried to bring the Jedi back, and that New Order territory was far from Republic territory based on the weapons usage, it's safe to say the comments made in the movie that might have been missed at least establish there's two competing governments, and the rebels are obviously in New Order space if they can see Star Killer Base firing shots.. Just like how Yavin was close to the death star space..
>>
>>63771695
But there's a difference between IV and VII. IV is a fresh slate; we knew nothing about the universe before IV. We learn there's an Empire and a Rebellion and we accept it.

Why should the viewer just accept that thirty years later there's another Empire and Rebellion? What kinda sense does that make? If most of the people involved in the original Empire's downfall are still there, how did they let this happen?
>>
>>63771574
felt the score was bland, the only parts i got a kick out of were when samples from older movies were brought in, John Williams kind of phoned it in.

Even the prequels had their good themes
>>
Worse than episode 2. Screencap it, you faggots are delusional. Come back in 2 years motherfuckers, its bad.
>>
>>63771816

the ending theme between Luke and Rei was pretty good tho, cant find it now
>>
>>63771881
The entire album is on spotify.
>>
>>63764917
10/10

The movie may be a slave to the original and follows it too closely, even when thing don't make sense, there's some iffy CGI like the glasses alien but the movie nailed every note, the new heroes were charming. the villains are whiny and ultra hateable, you actually root for them to lose. the restraint used to not go ballistic with the action scenes like Attack and Revenge was a great decision.

love the movie.
>>
Just finished watching the movie. Not what i was hoping it to be. Story doesnt make sense, new characters were unlikable, alot of dialogue was cringey and awkard.

Worst of all was that this movie was just a god damn remake of episode 4.
>>
>>63772002

You should go back to reddit with all the other contrarian faggots in this thread.
>>
>>63768375
Perhaps it was a "these muscles are too bulky they'll slow me down" type situation.
>>
File: a.jpg (64 KB, 860x500) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
64 KB, 860x500
>>63768537
shut the fuck up about my waifu
>>
>>63769095
Le baton stromstropper
>>
File: 300px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png (14 KB, 300x181) Image search: [Google]
300px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png
14 KB, 300x181
Preface:
Before approaching any prequel or sequel to a critically-acclaimed IP, the director/screenwriter needs to ask himself two simple questions - “Does this film need to be made?” and “Is there a story worth telling?” In my mind, the film relied far too heavily on A New Hope and previous Star Wars themes. It could be argued that Episodes 4 and 7 were nearly identical. I mean, Kurosawa could’ve sued George Lucas for plagiarizing his film, but at least Lucas got his inspiration from films outside of the Star Wars universe. Please remember that I do not think TFA was a bad film, I just found it to be profoundly disappointing. Anyways, here are the finer points of my disappointment in no particular chronological order:

Rey is a Mary Sue. She is an expert pilot, an expert marksman, an expert mechanic, skilled in lightsaber combat (despite never receiving training), and skilled in force manipulation (despite never receiving training). She has no critical flaws.

Finn has a unique, vibrant personality and set of behaviors - even though he had been indoctrinated his entire life. Victims of indoctrination and abuse are rarely as sociable.

J.J. was too obvious in his portrayal of The Order as Space Nazis. The parallels aren't subtle at all, even going as far to include a military parade, an empowered speech, and military salute. The soldiers slaughtered civilians indiscriminately, and the dialogue/actions of the Order reeked of "bad guy" archetype.

Leia and Han needlessly talk of "our son" just so Kylo's name can be revealed to the audience later

When Finn and Poe escape and the TIE fighter lifts off the ground, the officers on the brig immediately suspect treason instead of a malfunction or an accident/mistake. If a military aircraft takes off in real life without orders from the control tower, are personnel ordered to destroy it?

(1/2)
>>
>Han uses bowcaster for the first time

This bothers me more than it should. They've been together for what, 50 years? You'd think that at some point he tried it out.
Or was it a new model? For some reason I remember it firing green lasers in the past?
>>
>>63772474

>Victims of indoctrination and abuse are rarely as sociable.

I'm sure he had some sort of notion of camaraderie, especially by being in the miltary.
>>
>>63766999
Nice fooking trips dude
>>
File: 1374070581705.jpg (131 KB, 872x964) Image search: [Google]
1374070581705.jpg
131 KB, 872x964
>>63772474

Did the Supreme Leader really need to be in this film? Did he really need to be called "Snoke"? The latter point is more of a pet-peeve.

Death Star 3.0 - a battle station several times larger than the Death Star - was constructed without the knowledge of the Rebel Alliance or the New Republic

Why would a Stormtrooper coincidentally carry gear that would repel a Lightsaber, when it wasn't known that Finn was armed with one?

J.J. uses practical effects, but skimps out on Maz's character with awful CGI

Lupita's voice acting for Maz was awful (Opinion, of course)

Pacing was slow at the start (good) but became nauseatingly quick after the first act. Consequently, the movie felt rushed and the audience had very little connection to the events unfolding in front of them.

The last shot with Luke and Rey was horrid. Why did the camera pan around the same location three times with the same reaction?!

Leia's reaction to Han's death was completely apathetic - despite being married, and knowing him for nearly 30 years

Poe's dialogue was greatly lacking.

This film had far too many one-liners, quips, and jump cuts

Captain Phasma has virtually no dialogue - despite her exposure in the media

Captain Phasma deactivates the shields with no hesitation - none of the officers on Starkiller notice that the shields are down or are able to revert the change

C3PO, R2D2, and other OT character's inclusion in the film felt forced and inconsistent. Did they need to be in this film?

The soundtrack was falsely advertised as being composed by John Williams. The OST we have in The Force Awakens was mediocre and fails even to compare to Williams' work.

(2/3)
>>
>>63772474
We don't know about Reys past.
I'm a fan of the mind wipe theory.
>>
>>63771782
>If most of the people involved in the original Empire's downfall are still there, how did they let this happen?
How did most ex-Nazis go on to form new societies or get high positions? How did most Taliban form ISIS? How did most of any old government that was removed or in civil war gather enough follower to come back? Until you can answer that question for reality, how it happens in the movie doesn't matter, and the fact that Leia mentions that the Republic has always been at war with the New Order leads me to believe there was a constant civil war in the new establish canon, even if it was one of detente.

How is Taiwan ruled by Taiwan but China asserts it rules Taiwan? Why does Taiwan have a rebel army but also a real army?

"During the Galactic Civil War, the Alliance to Restore the Republic struck a major blow against the Galactic Empire during the Battle of Endor. With the deaths of Emperor Palpatine and his apprentice, Darth Vader, the battle severely shattered the now-leaderless Empire.[9][10]

In the years that followed, the First Order emerged, inspired by the principles of the fallen government and led by former officers of the Empire. The First Order was active approximately thirty years after the Battle of Endor, and fought against the Resistance.[11][3][1]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werwolf
>>
>>63772612
>The soundtrack was falsely advertised as being composed by John Williams. The OST we have in The Force Awakens was mediocre and fails even to compare to Williams' work.
Fucking prove it then
>>
File: 1435670232951.jpg (28 KB, 347x425) Image search: [Google]
1435670232951.jpg
28 KB, 347x425
>>63772474
>>63772612

Anakin's Lightsaber was recovered despite falling into the center of the planet Bespin, a gas giant. Maz never explains how she found it, saying instead that it was "a question for another time."

R2D2's wake up from hibernation was done for plot convenience. When and how did R2 decide to wake up? That's to say: What were the "wake up" parameters?

The two previous Death Stars were destroyed by exposed weaknesses. Why wouldn't the Order send out more fighters/craft to protect the Oscillator?

The audience had very little time to process the destruction of three planets

Several scenes in the trailers were cut from the final product. Not necessarily negative, just odd.

The power struggle between Kylo and Hux felt contrived and clunky. I think it was J.J.'s attempt of recapturing the relationship between Vader and Tarkin. (Opinion)

The Millennium Falcon enters the Starkiller base via warp drive and disables the shield so everyone else can get through - despite entry being possible anyway

That scene with the big cgi monsters was completely pointless and did not fit in the movie at all.

The stakes were not set up well enough for there to be any kind of tension in the big battle at the end.

How is R2D2 the only droid who has a map of the galaxy?

Why did R2D2 lose the will to live and then suddenly reactivate at the end?

(3/3)
>>
File: 1441222539709.jpg (48 KB, 638x552) Image search: [Google]
1441222539709.jpg
48 KB, 638x552
>>63765082

Got our Star Wars theatre shooter right here.
FBI should snatch him up before its too late.
>>
>>63772474
>Rey is a Mary Sue.
That doesn't mean what you think it does.

>She is an expert pilot
Everyone in the Star Wars Universe is though.

>an expert marksman

She couldn't take the safety off a blaster, and missed two shots her first time holding one..

>an expert mechanic

Because she spent her entire life taking apart star destroyers? and she knew how to duct tape a line?

>skilled in lightsaber combat (despite never receiving training)

She got her ass basically handed to her, and got a few lucky shots and did mostly blocking, her final blow was her focusing and knowing Kylo is just button smashing rage at her.

>and skilled in force manipulation (despite never receiving training)

Luke blew up the death star, and moved a lightsaber, and was able to call force ghost despite spending an honor with Ben and mostly fucking up during the travel to Alderaan.
>>
>>63772474
>Leia and Han needlessly talk of "our son" just so Kylo's name can be revealed to the audience later

Doesn't Han call him Ben?
>>
>>63772753
>The Millennium Falcon enters the Starkiller base via warp drive and disables the shield so everyone else can get through - despite entry being possible anyway

Han mentions it being really dangerous to enter a planet's atmosphere in hyperdrive, and he's the only confidently reckless son of a bitch to do it.
>>
>>63772863
Yeah, he calls him Ben, Leia calls him our son, and Ben.
>>
>>63772753

>Anakin's Lightsaber was recovered despite falling into the center of the planet Bespin.

Uh, no.

It fell inside the station that was floating in Bespin.

The real question is how in the fuck they managed to find it in that huge place.
>>
>>63772831
>She got her ass basically handed to her, and got a few lucky shots and did mostly blocking, her final blow was her focusing and knowing Kylo is just button smashing rage at her.

I really enjoyed the movie, but her casting Force Buff on herself and nearly cutting Kylo is two was bad for his character arc. By the time 8 comes around, Rey will equal or surpass Kylo in force abilities. She lacked dramatic effect.
>>
File: starwars.jpg (203 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
starwars.jpg
203 KB, 699x1211
>>63764917
>>
>>63772968

And it was still very good anon~!
>>
>>63772909
Also earlier in the movie he does another extremely dangerous hyperdrive trick by jumping to lightspeed from inside a freighter's cargo bay. So Han being able to do crazy dangerous shit with a hyperdrive was established before Starkiller base even showed up on screen.
>>
>>63767639
>>63767562
BS this was a rehash remake, not a continuation.

POTTERY EVERYWHERE!
>>
>>63772695
Welp. You're right, although I'm certain I was told that Williams only composed a few of the songs in the OST.

>>63772831
Her fire is more accurate than a stormtrooper. How was she able to hold her ground against someone trained in lightsaber combat? She was never hit (to my knowledge) by Ren's lightsaber but managed to hit him several times. Luke was an average pilot who moved a lightsaber (not too impressive). Obi-Wan came to Luke - luke didn't do anything to establish this contact/connection.

>>63772863
He does, but when he approaches him on the walkway after placing the charges - right before he dies.
>>
>>63772968
LsT wasn't even on Jakku you numbskull
Han doesn't help her escape, Finn does
Han isn't really Rey's mentor, but debatable
>despite meeting him hours ago
He's famous and a symbol of a rebellion, she's heard stories about him, found out he was real and also cool, then saw his son murder him right in front of her It's ok to be upset.
We don't know if Snoke hides his sith-ness or whatever
>>
>>63772909
> Han mentions it being really dangerous to enter a planet's atmosphere in hyperdrive, and he's the only confidently reckless son of a bitch to do it.

This is the same fucking dude that said going warp speed with out a planetary target was fucking stupid in ANH.
>>
>>63771007
So?
Phantom menace had 10 out of 10 fucking stars when it was released.
Now everyone hates it.
>>
>>63773082
Lars-san was on Jakku, he never meets Rey and Finn though.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.