[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any references to the prequels in Episode 7?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: JarJar.jpg (15 KB, 300x324) Image search: [Google]
JarJar.jpg
15 KB, 300x324
Are there any references to the prequels in Episode 7?
>>
No. Abrams and co. only took the OT as inspiration for their flick.
>>
>>63759466
thank god
>>
Saw it tonight and no. Nothing. Not even a hint. The movie is a direct sequel to Return of the Jedi.
>>
>>63759554

You clearly didnt

As they mention both the sith and clone troopers
>>
>>63759434
yes, a clone battalion are briefly alluded to. Thats all
>>
>>63759434

I counted one, Kylo Ren says the First Order should use a clone army instead of Stormtroopers
>>
>>63759574
Clone wars were mentioned in ANH. Sith in novelizations of the OT.
>>
>>63759574
Clone Wars were mentioned in the original Trilogy.

You got me on the term 'sith' though. Only mentioned once by the small orange lady.
>>
>>63759434
gungans never die

>tfw no chill, low-key older jar jar
>>
>>63759674
>>63759691

Yes but the context of the scene was talking about Stormtroopers and Clones.

Clearly a prequel reference
>>
>>63759434
>Sith is mentioned once
>Clone troopers are mentioned once
>Music from the prequels is heard in areas
>Coruscant (I believe) is seen, unless it's another city-like planet
>>
>>63759889
That's a reach, at best.
>>
I swear to God in the opening scene I heard Kylo Ren so "Yousa" instead of You
>>
>>63760047

How is it a reach?

The scene has Ren and Hux talking about the stormtrooper raid and asking about if they have the resolve to do what their asked.

And Ren says theyd be better off with Clones
>>
You see Anakin's podracing flag as a cameo in the hall of banners and flags
>>
>>63760123
And the clone wars were mentioned in ANH. The prequels are not necessary to understand that reference.
>>
>>63760175
Yeah this is an indisputable Episode I reference
>>
>>63759554
remake of a New Hope*

Fixed it for you.
>>
>>63760202
They didn't mention that clones were troopers, as you can't understand that without saying troopers used to be clones.
>>
I can't wait 'til 2022 when Disney remakes Star Wars - Episode I with a completely different plot.
>>
>>63760206
its also extremely buried

This is all moot anyway, disney is clearly going to treat the prequels the way they're treating the EU. Pick and choose what they want, discard the rest.
>>
>>63760245
Sure... if you completely strip the lines from the context of the scene.
>>
>>63760251
They just remade ANH without changing the plot, what makes you think they'd change TPM's plot?
>>
>>63760202

Stop this bullshit. You know exactly what that anon means.

ANH never mentioned what the Clone Wars actually was. In Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, we find out that the Stormtroopers were originally clone troopers born and trained from Jango Fett. That's exactly what Ren is suggesting to Hux, that instead of using fallible people like Finn as troopers, why not use clones that are programmed to carry out any order. They're much better soldiers.

You guys can keep trying to erase the Prequels out of the canon shit, but it's just wishful thinking. They're going to touch on them eventually, especially when they've killed Han, kicked C-3PO and R2 to the curb, etc.
>>
>>63760305
Don't be wilfully dense. It's obvious that line never would have happened if the prequels did not exist.
>>
>>63760475
>>63760830
BTFO
>>
There's a senator from Naboo. In fact all the senators have prequel style costumes.

http://imgur.com/a/o7sKV
>>
>no sheev references
dropped
>>
>>63759920
It's not Coruscant, and the neighboring planets gave it away. Apparently it's called Chandrila
>>
>>63760272
>yfw the prequels are completely canon and there is nothing you can do about it

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_canon
>>
>>63760873
Those characters look weird as fug. Are they cgi or "bractical evvex".
>>
>>63760236
mediocre remake of a new hope*

extra fixed
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 322x117) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 322x117
>>63760873
Fucking kek.
It's pretty pathetic how butthurt and unprofessional Disney is about the prequels.
>>
Max Von Sydow's character mentions something about the balance of force to Poe at the start of the movie.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.