[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we discuss the rebirth of this network over the last year.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11
File: Syfylogo[1].png (73 KB, 750x404) Image search: [Google]
Syfylogo[1].png
73 KB, 750x404
Can we discuss the rebirth of this network over the last year. The Expanse, Z Nation, Childhoods End, and The Killjoys are all superb.
>>
>>63758372
no
>>
>>63758372
Caught Z Nation on accident and was pleasantly surprised.
>>
>>63758390
Would you rather have yet another Disney© thread?
>>
>>63758548
As long as it's about Star Wars and niggers then sure.
>>
Are they still doing le epicxD bad self-aware B-movie parodies?
>>
File: 1434750614422.jpg (322 KB, 973x648) Image search: [Google]
1434750614422.jpg
322 KB, 973x648
>>63758548
Yes please
>>
>Expanse
>superb
>in case of hull breach, compartment doors that open up to breach if closed must automatically be opened so that crewman must manually close compartment door because automatically opened door cannot automatically close itself

Writing team confirmed for being somehow worse than Star Trek Voyager and The Walking Dead at creating scenarios to produce tension.
>>
Face Off is still my favorite show
>>
>>63760005
>in case of hull breach, compartment doors that open up to breach if closed must automatically be opened so that crewman must manually close compartment door because automatically opened door cannot automatically close itself
>>
>>63760005
Yeah that part was pretty dumb, but overall I enjoyed it.
>>
>>63760005
Hull wasn'tbreached the airlock doors were blasted off. Or are you talking ep4?
>>
>>63758372
Did anyone else catch The Magician after Childhood's End last night? I found it surprisingly enjoyable. Characters were meh at times but the setting was top notch.
>>
>>63760782
He's talking about when they escape the blast of the mining ship.

The outer doors get blown off, and for some reason the inner door opens and he has to go close it.
>>
>>63760782
Well whatever was breached it doesn't make sense that the compartment door is compelled by the writers to open.
>>
>>63760962
Sounds more like an effects/director fuck up. It was probably written as "the innder airlock doors are unsecured and atmosphere escapes"
>>
>>63760822
Were we really supposed to pretend that the blonde with the glasses wasn't hot as fuck? It's like Not Another Teen Movie.
>>
>>63758372
>rebirth
>two Corman sharktopus movies
>two sharknado shitfest sequels
>>
>>63758372
Killjoys is shit, whoever scores the show should be fired
>>
File: 158.jpg (104 KB, 897x598) Image search: [Google]
158.jpg
104 KB, 897x598
You forgot Dark Matter
>>
>>63761564
>>63761751
Agree, even Dark Matter was better Killjoys.

Childhood's End was pretty good.
>>
File: dm.png (2 MB, 1856x1292) Image search: [Google]
dm.png
2 MB, 1856x1292
>>63758372
>The Expanse
mediocre. most of the characters are poorly written. What the hell is Thomas Jane doing on this show?
> Z Nation
stupid
>Childhoods End
again mediocre
>The Killjoys
unbelievably terrible

pic related is probably their best show
>>
>>63761863
it's okay but it has a budget of like $10
>>
File: the_expanse_main.jpg (298 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
the_expanse_main.jpg
298 KB, 900x675
>>63761863
also all these shows have very poorly lit sets. everything is in shadow all the time
>>
>>63761863
the writing is too crappy to make up for the low budget, you don't need big set pieces and lots of characters if you have the actors and storytelling to support it but this show simply doesn't.

like take the bottle episodes of Star Trek, they're some of the best of the franchise. this show doesn't have that caliber of writing.
>>
>>63761863
fuck you and your opinion on KillJoys

Its brettygud and if in the same universe as Dark Matter, great potential.
>>
>>63760822
The books were such a slog and every character was such a cunt. Is the show any better?
>>
I've only just heard of Killjoys through my brother because one of his school friends is in it, and he saw that she was in TFA too. How good/bad is it, out of curiosity?
>>
>>63762348
>shaky cam fights
>terrible nondescript rock music score
>tries way too hard to make it's characters snarky
>>
File: scifi-friday-3.jpg (27 KB, 764x229) Image search: [Google]
scifi-friday-3.jpg
27 KB, 764x229
At least they're trying again.
>>
>>63762405
>shaky cam fights
All I needed to know not to watch it. Still impressed for the girl, though, because she had a shocker doing West-End shows a few years back.
>>
>>63762275
So far they seem decent, I can't say how different they are from the books, haven't read them.
>>
I've seen two episodes of The Expanse so far and I gotta say that

>>63760005
didn't bother me at all because of how completely tense and desperate the actors in the scene were, I spent zero time thinking about logistics in the face of their sheer "oh God we're going to fucking die" mess

and that Thomas Jane's character is the most likeable kind of asshole, I am definitely going to watch an entire series about Space Vic Mackey.

>when he lets the water thief go and his partner says "I didn't see that one coming" and he says "Did you see this one coming?" and gives him the middle finger
>>
I like the expanse and have been looking forward to it but the rocinante looking like a boxy space turd is going to bug the shit out of me.
>>
>>63762470
>syfy latin america
>endless reruns of voyager and face off
>>
>Excuse me sir
>white business shirt black tie
Is that, can it be?
>Do you like to laugh
>Mormon comedy night
Okay, this series might be interes-
>next episode
>people on a spacetalk touring a ship in progress
>The Latter Day Saints

OH GOD THERE IS SPACE MORMONS AND THEY'RE PRESUMABLY EVIL!
Evil space mormons with comedy night!
I no longer care if the writers heavy hand the drama and tension or that their idea of intrigue is about as scintillating as a playground fight. Fucking space mormon empire is being established!
>>
>>63758372
I like how all of their projects feature zero-g sex.
>>
FUCK
>>
why the fuck did they call it syfy?
why does the logo look like some lifetime shit?

havent had cable since 2001
>>
File: 1.jpg (90 KB, 929x320) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
90 KB, 929x320
STOP TELLING ME LIES
>>
>>63763764
Well, Mormons not being evil has killed what little interest I gained in the series.
And writers gave the proper breached hull scenario that should have been in the second episode instead of that asstarded door crank, but they stuck it into the wrong damn situation.

Sealing a leak with a space seabung because the main cabin got penetrated would have been a great way to build up character dynamics.
Instead, we get some guy we barely know spending 50 seconds working a crank.

>putting prisoners in a single holding cell
For what fucking purpose? Sure, the Martian military presumably don't need to keep them from corroborating a story together any longer, as if that were an issue. They should still be isolating them since you're presumably trying to turn them on each other.
Goddamnit these writers are hopeless.
>>
File: magicians.jpg (49 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
magicians.jpg
49 KB, 1200x675
>>63763826
>>
>>63764235
They wanted to rebrand and become more SF, speculative fiction, than SciFi. But given that they were already rolling out wrestling, ghost hunting, and shit like So You Want to be a Super Hero, they've already long since been speculative fiction. So they've changed their station ident into SyFy, proclaiming they were creating a new genre and a new identity, one where they will have a broader scope of fiction, as in speculative fiction. What did this rebrand bring?
Still churning out the same shitty movies that no one except stoners or insomniacs would watch.
More wrestling.
Suckled NBC's nipple for syndication rights of SVU and Psych.
Churned out a bunch of reality shows.
Syfy is pretty much more of the same shit they've already been giving us but watered down with shit you'd get from USA. But now with stupid looking branding.

If I recall, this was all because a female was given CEO position. Ineffectual and lacking in ability to think bigger, just like every other female with power.
>>
>>63765099
They couldn't copyright Sci-Fi. So they renamed themselves. Everything else was just marketing/pr talk.
>>
>>63765207
Right, that sounds familiar.
Sci-Fi really has a bunch of dickbags in the control seats.
>>
File: omg.png (809 KB, 600x1496) Image search: [Google]
omg.png
809 KB, 600x1496
Haters be damned
>>
>>63761789
Childhoods End had way more religion than I remembered from the novel.
>>
>>63758432
same.
>>
>>63763764
>space Mormons
You've been watching old Battlestar Galactica reruns?
>>
>>63758432
my nigga
>>
File: ChildhoodsEnd_hero_Karellen_02.jpg (20 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
ChildhoodsEnd_hero_Karellen_02.jpg
20 KB, 620x349
What you do think of Overlords?
>>
just marathoned the first 3 eps of the expanse and i love it

Have you picked sides yet? I think I'm with the Martians
>>
>>63768756
Tim Curry did that role better
>>
>>63768756
Karellen is a big guy
>>
>>63762470
those days. holy shit

watching Sci-Fi Friday and segueing into TCM Underground later that night. There will never be any better television.
>>
>>63767424

didn't even know that they had made childhoods end until thread appeared for the first episode, and yeah, it blew away any hype I had for starwars.
>>
Casting for the Expanse seems pretty good imo

They nailed Alex and Miller, Naomi seems ok just imagined her to be taller, Amos should have been a lot more bigger and the actor's baby face ruins it but the character is generally ok, but Holden to me was kind of meh and boring looking, but then again I can't stand him in the books most of the time.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.