[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
C'mon /tv/, you know you liked it. Did anyone else saw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
File: TFA.jpg (532 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
TFA.jpg
532 KB, 970x545
C'mon /tv/, you know you liked it.
Did anyone else saw coming that Rey was the main character all along, not Finn?
Hell, even the poster is misleading.
I have to admit, that was pretty cool, although they revealed both "tweests" way too soon into the movie.
>>
>>63757976
i thought pretty much everyone knew this
>>
>>63758213
I didnt watch any of the trailers or joined discussions on /tv/ until I had actually seen the movies.
I'm glad I did, otherwise, I wouldn't had enjoyed the movie as much as I did, despite its flaws.

If I knew that was going to be THE main plot point, I wouldn't have felt it as much as it did.
>>
I hated how she was STRONG WHITE WOMAN WHO NEEDS NO MAN right from the start.
I cringed at the scenes where she shouted LET GO OFF MY HAND, WHY ARE YOU GRABBING MY HAND? I CAN RUN BY MY OWN.

Man, what a bitch
>>
>>63757976
I don't think anyone honestly believed Finn was the main character before watching.

On another note, everything about the First Order is a massive disappointment.
Terrible casting, everyone's way too fucking young, yet another fucking Death Star, this time even more inconvenient than the last, and with a BIGGER weakness than the last.

And Kylo was shit. He should've never taken off that mask. The fucking theater erupted into roaring laughter when he took it off to interrogate Rey, motherfucker looks ridiculous.
>>
>>63757976

The tweests were way too integral to the plot of the movie to not be revealed early
if they pussied around the issue and didn't reveal it until the end, both the dialogue would feel forced and most people wouldn't have figured it out
it's better off they just get it out of the way. it's not the same context as the reveal of darth vader being luke's father
>>
>>63758773
Yeah, the only reason he took his mas off was to show how afraid he was when he couldn't mindrape her
It was pretty ridiculous how those events turned around.
>>
File: chewie.jpg (65 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
chewie.jpg
65 KB, 600x900
Why didn't Chewie make a head shot?
>>
>>63759039
I disagree on Rey being Luke's daughter being basically revealed that soon.
I do agree it was necesary to reveal Kylo's identity that early in the movie, otherwise the interactions between Han and Leia wouldnt make sense
>>
>>63758773
>The fucking theater erupted into roaring laughter

sure, Mr. Hyperbole
>>
Best part was when Rey walked up the hill and offered the lightsaber to Luke I'd say that was one of the most memorable and touching movie moments for me ALL TIME
>>
>>63759215
Bait, that was the worst part of the whole film, they just held that stupid position for 2 minutes not saying a word
>>
>>63759178
>Rey being Luke's daughter

It was nowhere near 'basically revealed', all we know at this point is she was abandoned at an early but self aware age
I still think it's going to happen but TFA didn't say it straight out at all, the closest I can think of to being a reference is Maz saying that the answers Rey seeks are not behind her but in front, as in she has to go out and find luke rather than wait for him on jakku
>>
>>63759135
He couldn't see it behind Kylo's big nose
>>
>>63759246
More like 10 seconds
>>
>>63759215
And i wasn't even cool or jedi-like in any way, just some stupid scottish island.
>>
>>63759135

maybe he tried but was too angry and rushed and far away that he just got a hip shot instead
most of the times he shoots stormtroopers it's somewhere on their torso
>>
hollywood for all it's pretensions isn't progressive enough to put a black man at the helm
That's not the reason I knew she was the jedi

it's obvious from her clothes
I know that could have just been sand planet clothes but actually no because mace windu and yoda had the same style
>>
>>63759212
You think I'm joking?
I'm dead serious. Every single person in that room couldn't hold the laughter in when he took off the fucking mask.

I still can't understand how Abrams thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>63759135
That part was great though, Chewie getting into beast mode one shotting everyone.

I guess they wanted to show how bad ass Chewbacca can be even though he looks like a hairy george lucas
>>
>>63758291
I knew all the spoilers and theories and didn't take away a bit from han's death

Don't see why you need a Shyamalan style WOW moment to make it powerful.
I was devastated. the atmosphere and acting was perfect for that moment
>>
>>63759215
fucking binary sunset track man, it really made that scene powerful
>>
>>63759258
She has Visions.
"Those come from the light saber that Luke Skywalker owned, and his father before him"
"Take it"
How is that subtle at all?
They are HEAVILY implying its her dad's
>>
>>63758773
They did it here too. And you could hear the serious viewers trying to get people to shush.
>>
>>63759246
It was actually the best part since it ended the piece of shit remake.
>>
>>63759446
>binary sunset track
what ?

you mean that sped up spinning camera move
>>
>tfw don't give a single fuck about being spoilered before watching something

Feels good, it's all about the journey and how they get to that point m8s.
>>
>>63759527
true
Don't see why you need a Shyamalan style WOW moment to make it powerful.
if you do it's compensating for weaker parts in the film like terrible tension and build up
>>
I love that the "tweests" weren't twists at all, happened in the first 20 mins of the movie as natural revelations, and then we got actual character development.
>>
>>63759474

I'm not convinced it was heavy, I think people who aren't already in the mind that she's his kid won't pick up on it
>>
>>63759402
It doesnt have to be a WOW moment. However, knowing a twist before it happens severely dampens the experience.

I expected Han to die after putting 1+1 together with Kylos speech of having a light side inside and "help me im not strong enough to do what I want".
>>
>>63758773
But that was the whole point about Kylo. As hard as he tries, he'll never be as powerful or intimidating as Vader was, deep down he's just a scared kid.
>>
>>63759597
I'm the OP. I went to see the movie with 0 background info to fully experience it. I had NO CLUE of what was going to happen or who/what the story was going to be like.

All I knew was there was a coon on it and that HE was the MC (hence all the internet hate towards a nigger being in SW). FFS he even has the lightsaber in the god damn poster.

After that scene I KNEW that the nigger was going to be casted aside, and I'm glad he did. Though I'm not that into MUH STRONG WIMIN WHO NIDS NO MAN type of char that Rey is.
>>
>>63759597
Hey everyone! I'm an idiot!
>>
>>63759679
But no star wars villain, no matter how scary or intimidating he looks, will ever reach Vader levels.
Abrams didn't need to cast the most awkward looking teenager he could possibly find.

He also looks NOTHING like Ford or Fisher.
>>
>>63758773
I did think that Kylo Ren looked like shit with the mask off, but I think that's the point- a really hammy star wars way of showing that he's evil AND good because he wears a scary mask AND has a pretty face. Stupid but these are stupid movies.
>>
>>63758773
It was the fucking point of kylo ren.
Right before he took off she was like what evil creature are you then it is reveled.
He was in the end not a big bad evil guy just a whiny teenager.
It was brilliant.
>>
>>63759215
Ireland pls
>>
>>63759737

I watched the movie with a friend, afterwards I told him that I still think rey is going to be luke's kid and he straight out didn't believe me
>>
>>63759751

he's not that awkward looking. the hair gives off a slight emo vibe, but that fits his character. guy's an edgy, wanna-be Vader who just isnt as good as he wants to be
>>
File: sjws awakens.jpg (176 KB, 950x1060) Image search: [Google]
sjws awakens.jpg
176 KB, 950x1060
>>63758213
>everyone knew this
NOPE
>>
>>63759751
But his character is the most awkward teenager, why wouldn't you cast the most awkward looking teenager? And I agree with you on Vader, which is why I'm glad they decided to go on a new direction with this villain instead of another monster of the week.
>>
>>63759751
>But no star wars villain, no matter how scary or intimidating he looks, will ever reach Vader levels.

so instead of trying to accomplish the impossible, they made it a part of his character
it's not that complicated anon
>>
File: feminism.gif (270 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
feminism.gif
270 KB, 500x450
>>63758639
yeah, hated it too
fucking bitch

but you must pander to the feminist (^:::
>>
>>63759814
>has a pretty face
Come on now, he has a pathetic face, pretty is a stretch.

>>63759828
>>63759914
Which is frankly the most retarded thing Abrams could think of. He could've casted anyone as a character that's obsessed with Vader.
But Kylo looks pathetic. Not in a poetic and brilliant way, he looks honest to god pathetic.
He's the Star Wars equivalent of the edgy emo kid who got bullied in school.
And honestly? After that shitshow from Anakin in the prequels, I've had it with edgelord villains.
>>
>>63759814
Pretty face? Are you from Uganda or something? How the fuck can you niggers completely misunderstand such a basic movie?
>>
>>63759991
And turned the whole thing into a comedy.
It could've been part of his character without making him completely pathetic.
>>
>>63760053

I have literally not seen one other person call the movie a comedy because of kylo not being as competent as darth vader
you're on your own with that opinion
>>
>>63760128
When the entire theater laughs at the supposed villain, you made a comedy.

Kylo Ren is the new trilogy's Jar Jar.
>>
>>63760169

that literally didn't happen though
>>
>>63760169
>Kylo Ren is the new trilogy's Jar Jar
Hahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>63759814
>pretty face

he's literally uglier than shit, are you retarded
>>
>>63759527
yeah I was actually surprised how little I knew about the movie going in, even with the trailers, tv spots and spoilers

there's an entire action set piece that we never saw anywhere, even in the leaks and it wasn't very good
>>
>>63760233
It literally did, though. Every single person that was watching the movie in the same room as I was could not take Kylo seriously. There was no brilliance, no "Oh man, that's genius, he's literally an edgelord frustrated for not being Vader"
There was just laughter.

I didn't even mind him killing Han because Harrison Ford deserves better than having to deal with this guy for another two movies.
>>
>>63760370

No there wasn't.
>>
>>63759527
This. I went in with this mindset and didn't really feel like knowing the end-game took away from anything.
>>
>>63760370
lies
>>
>>63760370

bait
>>
>>63760429
>>63760499
>>63760535
>edgelord defense force
We can stay in this back and forth all day, friends.
But I can't think of a single person who actually took Kylo seriously as a character.
He's literally fucking comic relief from the point when he takes off the mask.

He's even PLAYED as comic relief, with the stormtroopers ignoring his calls as he rages like a loser.

Abrams better turn him into a Darth Maul equivalent or something if he wants anybody to take these villains seriously.
>>
>>63760576
The only cool shit he did was Force Freezing niggers.
After it was revealed he wanted to be like Vader, I knew he was going to be a try hard failure.
He WILL be like Vader once he redeems himself in Episode IX.
Screen cap this.
>>
>>63760576

>darth maul
>taken seriously
>>
>>63760670
I meant as in
>shows up for one movie and is never seen again

But he was still somehow better than Kylo.

>>63760646
>The only cool shit he did was Force Freezing niggers.
I'll admit that much. Until a certain point in the movie, he was actually doing pretty well. Freezing the blaster shot in the air was pretty cash.

But post-unmasking Kylo is just comic relief, I cannot.
I cannot look at his face and see a character to be taken seriously.
>>
>>63760762

autism
>>
>>63760893
Good point, that's probably what Abrams was aiming for with that casting.
>>
>>63760169
>Kylo Ren is the new trilogy's Jar Jar.

Like pottery
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.