[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 1280x720
Do the cucks that like this movie (without offering any reasons why) concede that the score was handled ABYSMALLY?
>>
I remember reading in late October that Williams was just starting the score.

It was a complete rush job so that's probably why it was bad.
>>
The score was awful and completely forgettable this time
>>
In most of the reviews I've read they don't really mention the score.

I think the hand of Disney has waved away any criticism about this from professional reviews.

I don't think specifically I can remember anyone on /tv/ defending the music, but there is always going to be idiots.
>>
Quick! Name a scene of the movie where a specific piece of Star Wars music was used.
>>
Agreed. Only the very last track before the end credits is somewhat good (it was also in one of the TV spot : even Disney knew it was the only good thing from the OST they could use). The rest is totally forgetable... like 75% of the movie itself, actually. Just like Crystal Skull soundtrack. Just like everything Williams does since 10 fucking years (Tintin is kind of good tho).
>>
>>63757756
When Rey lights up the lightsaber. When Han and Leia reunites. When Leia embraces Rey. The mask of Vader. The opening crawl (duh). That's it.
>>
>>63757756
Rey and the force theme.
>>
I honestly can't remember the music at all, so that doesn't really say anything in its favor.
>>
>>63757543
This makes me sad.
The score is the best thing about Star Wars
>>
>>63757877
Because there is (almost) nothing to remember. Hell, even Giacchino composed a good main theme for Jurassic World while using old tracks. I am starting to hope he takes over the Star Wars soundtrack because Williams himself can't do it anymore.
>>
>>63757831
> the force theme
wait you mean this ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyqxWU1QkrE
>>
I really liked the rebel march
>>
>>63758087
what's this one called?
>>
>>63757756
the trailer
>>
>>63757585
I think the whole movie was a rush job. Iger wanted to have this movie in theatres as soon as possible. He originally wanted a release date for this summer if I remember correctly.
>>
None of you shit eating plebs even noticed that Kylo Ren's theme has the same note progression as Rey's theme, just in reverse.

Then again, I never held you kids in high regard.
>>
>>63758343
To notice the similarities, we should have notice the goddamn soundtrack in the first place.
>>
>>63757543
No, it's great. Rey's theme is fantastic
>>
>>63758402
You just posted this message, which means it is available to you, dumb fuck.
>>
>>63757756
Quick! Name a scene of the movie where a specific piece of Star Wars music WASN'T used.
>>
>>63758489
The very first scene, fucko.
>>
>>63758252
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqOBU34aVrc
>>
>>63758489
That scene between Rey and Finn where Careless Whisper started to play.
>>
>>63758343
I thought it was very close to being Han and the Princess backwards. I should go relisten to it.
>>
File: 1449887332232.jpg (42 KB, 241x328) Image search: [Google]
1449887332232.jpg
42 KB, 241x328
You want the soundtrack, /tv/ faggots? IT'S FREE!

https://mega.nz/#F!uMtiWQoZ!PDqVFb6fs4hxXQ040zz6aw

My favourites are "March of the Resistance" and "Scherzo for X-wings"
>>
>>63757543
Williams probably saw how uninspired and empty the movie was and couldn't thematically connect with anything. There's Ray's theme which is ok, the rest is just orchestral filler.
>>
>>63758813
Can't blame him, it must be hard to make 2 different soundtracks for one movie.
>>
The biggest overall letdown IMO. Really showed how shit they are as film makers.
>>
>>63758327
Well star wars movies are traditionally in May
>>
>>63757543

jesus fucking christ, how the hell could this happen?

in the official trailer, the music was god-tier without a doubt. I expected exactly that kind of music during the movie but every single musical piece was garbage and brought no emotions

truly sad that this movie had the worst soundtrack of all star wars movies
>>
>>63758766

holy shit, are you for real? I was searching for it like an hour ago

based anon, thank you very much
>>
Say what you will about the prequels but they gave us some godlike themes. Duel of Fates is still GOAT.
>>
Really disappointed with the soundtrack. Bland action music from near start-to-finish.

As stated by fellow anons, the score has always been a highlight of the SW films.
>>
>>63760859
Are you saying you didn't like DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN by John Williams for Disney's Star Wars: The Force Awakens?

Brought a tear to my eye tbqh.
>>
>>63760170
No problem, f a m.
>>
>>63757543
>cuck
howw
>>
>>63757756
As lame as it was, I gotta say, that familiar music which played when the Millennium Falcon was revealed was pretty lit senpai
>>
>>63757543
Are you one of the cucks that hates the movie (without offering any reason why / not having seen the film)?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.