[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>i'm being torn apart >i wanna be free of this pain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 6TFmmCQ.png (638 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
6TFmmCQ.png
638 KB, 640x1136
>i'm being torn apart
>i wanna be free of this pain
>and i know what i have to do but i don't know if i have the strength to do it
>will you help me?

He's basically asking Han to help him go full darkness since he still has some light in him and wants it gone. And then he gets rektd lel

How are we supposed to take him seriously again? Will he be a punching bag throughout the trilogy? What a disgrace.
>>
>>63757127
>implying
Nice try memester
>>
He got shot by Chewbacca's blaster. That shit should insta kill him, yet he was so badass, stood up and made up a really good fight with skilled Trooper, and a girl with the biggest force in the history. Well, that's what i want to believe in anyway.
>>
File: MZ7y0jD.jpg (928 KB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
MZ7y0jD.jpg
928 KB, 3024x4032
>>63757196
Snoke believes Kylo to be the ideal embodiment of the force due to his balance of dark and light

Maybe he'll get his revenge against her in the next film
>>
>>63757127
https://a.pomf.cat/xsnrpn.webm
>>
>>63757075
I like that he's getting main character treatment and development instead of being another monster like every other Sith we've had.
>>
>>63757075
Part of me wants to scream that Kylo was shit and that he's just another rage machine like Anakin was.

The other part of me loves the similarities and I can't wait to see what it was that made him this way. I actually gave a shit about him and seeing him angry was perfect. He's a perfect successor to Vader in terms of a character because it's the natural progression. Things like the Starkiller Base, the mask, the voice modulation etc. are such dumb ideas on first impressions because it's like Abrams was just trying to make another Vader "but he's my original character that is 10 time better than Vader and more powerful!!!" but makes sense, it's obvious. It's the whole reason why this movie feels like a clone of ANH because it's so obviously trying to demonstrate how these two characters compare to one another in their strengths and failings; ultimately highlighting that Kylo feels inadequate compared to Vader and will do everything in his power to improve himself. Of course he'd do everything he could to try and top Vader.
>>
Did he actually want Han to take the Lightsaber or was it just a trick?
>>
>>63758215
At least he's not another ultra powerful mary sue like Rey or the prequel guys.
>>
>>63758245
It was a last moment of daddy love before going full edge.
>>
>>63758245
He wanted Han to help him go full dark side so that's why he asks for his help and thanks him after
>>
>>63757075
The fact that mary sue beats his ass in the first fucking movie and he is not finished off because the planet was being destroyed, completely destroyed any chance that we will take him seriously again.
>>
>>63758359
That's just pushing him further into the dark side, why would you complain about character development and one of the few original ideas on this movie.
>>
>>63758359

If you think of him as the Dark Side's "protagonist", he makes more sense I think. I got the impression they want to build him up throughout the trilogy alongside Rey. The whole "separated by the chasm of the broken planet" thing at the end was trying to be like "pottery", as you guys say, to emphasize this.
>>
>>63758359
Just saw this movie and am overall disappointed. Assuming Luke is still the absolute pinnacle of force mastery, how did Ray, through sheer newfound talent, beat someone with a lightsaber who was also greatly talented, but also had some actual force and lightsaber training? The only way I can explain this is if Kylo Ren wasn't that trained at all, (the Supreme Leader holding him back until he matured) and only exaggerated his power through his imposing character. What think?
>>
>>63758833
Pretty much this. Rey will grow stronger under Luke while Ren gets stronger under Snoke. Expect a couple of rematches in the coming movies.
>>
>>63757075

Sound like a guy of the beta uprising.
>>
>>63758877
He's definitively more flash than action, but he was harmed from Chewie's crossbow, which was specifically highlighted in the movie to hit like a truck.

Then instead of finishing Finn with his force powers or going for the throat, he tried to have a showoff duel and suffered a couple of lucky shots as a result. Rey might not have Jedi or Lightstaber training per say, but she was unconsciously using the force her whole life like young Anakin, and seemed to have some proficiency with her staff and had to survive since birth, while Ben had a cushy prince life and didn't get any Jedi training before turning to Snoke, and even now he's only crushing fools here and there, this is probably his first real lightsaber duel too.
>>
>>63757566
>interrogation tools
>THEY ALL LOOK LIKE DILDOS

Or am I the one with the problem?
>>
File: 1408231005377.png (9 KB, 403x534) Image search: [Google]
1408231005377.png
9 KB, 403x534
>>63759224
Now I have to watch Inherent Vice again ...

also it's a frozen banana dingus,
>>
>>63759175

Also Kylo Ren had a counterfeit lightsaber and was mirin that Anakin original.

So he probably didn't get any lightsaber training either, since he doesn't have a proper one and uses his to pretend to be Vader.
>>
>>63759287
If it's cold and in your mouth it's a popsicle...or a dead penis.
>>
If you are white and support the new garbage propaganda Star Wars you are a bitch boy brainless c.ucked faggot of the highest order.

Fuck you, sellout trash.

If you are white and support the new garbage propaganda Star Wars you are a bitch boy brainless c.ucked faggot of the highest order.

Fuck you, sellout trash.
>>
>>63757075

>tfw you understood the semantics as he said it and knew what was going to happen

Felt fucking bad.
>>
>>63759175
Ok, I was suspecting all that more and more, and I think you've crystallized my thoughts on the matter. So a lot of individual events made sense and were rational, but the overall plot was still so copy-cat'ing.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.