[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>New Star Wars comes out >Turns out to be pretty decent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8
File: 1450080632780.jpg (184 KB, 1285x1315) Image search: [Google]
1450080632780.jpg
184 KB, 1285x1315
>New Star Wars comes out
>Turns out to be pretty decent
>/tv/ will bash it and suddenly start praising the prequels to be contrarian faggot hipsters

I'ts already happening...
>>
You are the hipster though
>>
>/tv/ will bash it

OP i know you wont believe me. I have no sauce, proof, or links. But what if people had........................................wait for it............................................different opinions.
>>
>>63756228
Never listen to /tv/'s opinions.
Their only response to counter arguments are
"r-reddit" or... nah its just the reddit meme
>>
I've been saying on this board for years that TPM is streets ahead of the other two prequels and is not particularly worse than ROTJ

I was doing this before it was cool.
>>
>>63756266
thats deep
>>
>>63756625
This.
>>
>>63756625
Bye reddit
>>
>>63756625
This is surprisingly accurate for more entertainment boards

/a/, /v/ and /tv/ all have shit taste in their respective medium for the most part.
>>
>>63756228

>/tv/

>>63756625

>/tv/
>their

>>63757151

>them
>those

Why the fuck do you faggots come here if "/tv/" bothers you? Get the fuck off the boards then. It's "WE" here cock suckers.
>>
>>63756625
Or "it's shit"
>>
>>63756228
>Turns out to be pretty decent

Get out shill.
>>
The prequels will always be shit, TFA is shit and at least a third of ROTJ is shit. That's just the way it is.
>>
>>63756228
It's not good, it's a j j abram's a new hope.
What fucking movie did you watch?
Oh, Disney shill, gotcha.
>>
>>63757601
"Everything is shit"
-- /TV/ Anon
>>
>>63756228
It is a massive shame that they just made a rehash though
>>
>>63756228

I always liked the prequels more

In story terms, ALL star wars movies are trashy but at least the prequels feel like you're watching different fucking planets. also, the jedi vs. sith storyline was great too

they're campy but I can watch the prequels like a hundred times while the OT gets pretty stale at some point. doesn't mean I don't like the OT though (except for a new hope)
>>
If by "decent" you mean "less painful to watch", then even Phantom Menace was better than TFA.
>>
>>63757644
Bye reddit
>>
>>63757896
That's...hard to believe
>>
>>63756228

I've been here over 10 years and I had fun with it
>>
>>63757779
I liked the prequels more than the OT

for me the OT I can just remember Luke and old Ben, luke meeting vader, han being frozen, Luke arriving at Jabbas, the earth worm shit and then Luke vs Vader.

From the prequels I remember alot of cool characters, some amazing planets, one hell of an adventure and a really decent story.
>>
>>63757779
Basically this.
For all the silly shit they had, prequels were still something fresh. Packed with tones of new ideas, either good or bed.
>>
>>63758192
Agreed, who doesn't love favourites like Elan Sil'Sabagno, Dexter Jettster, Coleman Trebor and Sio Bibble?
>>
File: 1450079785958.gif (2 MB, 400x340) Image search: [Google]
1450079785958.gif
2 MB, 400x340
Contrarian enough to fucking praise the prequels. Its insane to me

There is plenty of legitimate criticisms regarding the new film, but it does not in any way justify george lucas' faggotry or the shit pile that are the prequels. All for the sake of fueling the contrarian hate meme

And yes it is a meme because I know half you fucks haven't seen this film yet.

This board is a glib facsimile to be quite honest family
>>
britbong here

just got back from it

things i liked
>looked really great cgi was great and practical effects were great
>poe was great
>boyega was good
>ray was good
>bb8 was fucking wall-e tier banter absolutely loved him
>kylo ren with the helmet on was menacing as fuck and cool design
>first hour is great

things i didnt like
>fucking carry fisher i pure shit
>han is meh, takes you out of the film so much because everyone in the cinema is basically clapping when he walks into frame
>the edning is pure shit
>kylo ren looks like an emo faggot when he takes the helmet off, like i'm not one to want someone type cast but SERIOUSLY they should have got some who looked much more intimidating for the part, its a joke
>lets blow up the fucking death star AGAIN
>fin can take on kylo ren, seriously how ?

yeh all in all i did like it, but it lost its was about half way through, was great until it got bogged down in fan service.
>>
>>63756228
kek

i've been praising the prequels for years. they're very underrated. Well, I and II are. III is just bad.
>>
>>63758379
>c-c-ontrarian

You are fucking pathetic. You just know this kids going to change his opinion to its shit once everyone else decides the same thing.

Go back to your home board
>>
>>63758379
I think its the unabashed cash grab TFA represents. It tries nothing new, its literally the new hope with a few new characters, a worse atmosphere and better CGI.

Fuck the prequels even did some thing better, like the music which is more memorable.

The prequels didn't suddenly get better, they remain the same flawed movies. But I think we saw a little of what George wanted to avoid- a blatant cash grab. I think that actually seeing what that looks like makes me respect George a little bit, juts for not doing it in the first place.
>>
>>63758599
What actually happened to Carry Fisher? She looked like shit and spoke like a cleaner
>>
>>63756228
But episode VII is basically the Dark Knight Rises 2; it's fun to watch at first, but once you really start thinking about it after leaving the theater you realize how fucking stupid everything about it really is.
>>
>>63758819
She's a coke whore and jewish.

Add time to that mix and you've got a nice treat.
>>
>>63758914
For you.

No but really it's sad how much praise this movie is getting. If any other movie copied so blatantly it'd catch shit galore.
>>
>>63758788
oh ffs are you actually pretending the prequels were NOT a cash grab?
>>
>>63756625
hello reddit!
>>
>>63756625
Hellooooo Reddit!
>>
>>63758788
you're fucking reaching m8
>>
>>63759164

Empire and Return were cash grabs too, dumbass
>>
>>63758687
As opposed to you, who formed his opinion months ago so he could fit in better, and will never change it unless /tv/ as a whole has a radical shift? sounds like you're just the same, senpai :^)
>>
>>63756572
Nah /tv/ like to shit over everything. Its not about opinion but they need something new to hate every month so they can justify their sad, pathetic little lives.
>>
File: 1448538840474.jpg (66 KB, 1000x614) Image search: [Google]
1448538840474.jpg
66 KB, 1000x614
>>63759164
not more of a cash grab than disney, lucas did the prequels 16 years after return of the jedi because there was so much demand for it and he could use the opportunity to give more answers and expand the universe

obviously it went down badly though people really exaggerate how bad they actually are. he spent 3 years between each one and whether you like them or not he put his heart into them

disney will now be releasing 3 star wars films in 4 years TFA is already a clear mediocre cash grab that didn't need to be made.

oh and hope you enjoy endless unnecessary spinoffs as well inbetween to milk this series for all it's got. good goy!

lucas never stooped this low he actually some respect for the franchise
>>
>>63756228
>Your father's Lightsaber. He wanted you to have it when you were old enough.
That line depicts exactly the relationship between Anakin and Obi Wan I wish we could have seen in the prequels.
>>
>>63759204

Hows life bro? Not going how it planned out? Lonely? Watch movies to pass the time and to escape things? Its ok, there is no need to hate all the time.

Just enjoy things. Don't overthink them. Especially a fucking kids film you autistic fuck.
>>
File: 555.gif (555 KB, 555x555) Image search: [Google]
555.gif
555 KB, 555x555
>>63756625
Spotted the redditor
>>
Nice reddit thread

Upvotes and subreddited
>>
>>63759496
Fuck off, George.
>>
Reminder that Mr no jaw and all his contemporaries loved TPM

YOU are the hipster here
>>
>>63759514
>>63756228

Why do people always make fun of the prequels with this when Obi-Wan had been lying to Luke about EVERYTHING?

Where does it state in the Original Trilogy that Anakin told Obi-Wan to give Luke his lightsaber when he was old enough> No where. Let's not forget that Obi-Wan is lying through his fucking teeth here, making Anakin and Vader sound like two different people. He lies about everything, is it really that much of a stretch that he tried to make Anakin sound better to Luke than he actually was?
>>
>>63759496

Lucas is such a miserable fuck. Dud has like 5.1 billion in the bank
>>
I've been defending the prequels for years.
I'm not suddenly doing it because the new one sucks.
>>
>>63759496
this.

lucas may be a dumbass but he could have easily exploited the popularity of the series and milk out endless shitty cashgrab flicks but he didn't
>>
>>63756572
There are people literally saying they miss the prequels. While they may not have liked the new movie, that kinda talk is just lies.
>>
>>63759496
as far as im concerned star wars ended after return of the jedi

fact is this movie didn't need to be made and the quality of it proves that
>>
>>63759702
That's only because he didn't have to.
He was rich before the prequels, but after them he was absolutely loaded.
Why bother putting time and effort into actually working when you can get millions by sitting on your ass?
>>
>>63759755
I miss the prequels and hope Disney gives George the rights back.

Fite me.
>>
>>63759801
you could ask disney the same thing. yet they still plan on milking this series to death
>>
>>63759805
try rewatching them.
That might cure you
>>
>>63759862
Lucas is an individual. Disney isn't.
>>
>>63759871
Just marathoned the series yesterday, actually.
>>
It feels good to have a thread with no shitposters. Are they all asleep or something?
>>
>>63759649
Even if the retcons did make Obi Wan look like a dirty fucking liar, he still said that Anakin changed so much it was like the man he knew was dead. Not "Yeah, I just kind of worked with the guy and he was actually a bit of a dick".

>Where does it state in the Original Trilogy that Anakin told Obi-Wan to give Luke his lightsaber when he was old enough
It's not about that, it's the fact that Anakin shared his hopes and dreams for the future with Obi Wan. There's none of that closeness shown in the prequels, most of time they're just putting up with each other.
>>
>>63759702
>people like something i don't like!
>that's impossible

plinkett reviews a hella fuckin epic amirite? they just opened my eyes really showed me how bad a kids movie is! im so fuckin smart!
>>
>>63759922
Plenty of shills though, huh.
>>
>>63759906
Then you are lost.
>>
>>63759964
Sweet absolute, sith boy.
>>
>>63759955
This post sure looks legit.
>>
Currently waiting on the show. Previews roll in 20mins.

I'm only an hour from showtime! :|
>>
>>63760029
You'd better livestream the whole thing.
>>
>>63759398
Where did i say they weren't fuckwad?
I don't give a shit about any of the now 7 shitty star wars movies.
>>
>>63756228
>Be kid
>Hanging with a friend who has older brother into star wars
>Never saw original trilogy
>Go with them to see episode 1
>neat.jpg
>See prequels and years later original trilogy
>Like them all

I'll just see my normie ass out then or whatever.
>>
>>63759936
You need to rewatch the movies if you think they didn't connect. Obi and Anakin were some of the best stuff from those movies.
>>
>>63758202
hahhhahhahhaha

seriously???????

"It had stuff in it! It was complete shit and awful, but it had stuff in it!!"

Kill yourself
>>
>>63759805
Only drinking bleach can help you now.
>>
File: image.png (83 KB, 591x363) Image search: [Google]
image.png
83 KB, 591x363
>>63756625
>>
>>63757239
>/a/
>shit taste

this is b8 to the highest levels and the mark of a newfag.
>>
>>63760090
What's your taste in movies then, anon?
>>
>>63759936

Opening of ROTS and the banter between the two shows their closeness quite a bit, and that's not taking into account other things throughout the prequels.

I'm not a big fan of the prequels but this meme sucks. If anything, none of the movies, even the ones contained in the Original Trilogy, are consistent.

In 1977, Vader wasn't Luke's dad. In 1980, you can bet your ass Leia wasn't intended to be Luke's sister. All of this shit was made up as it went along. The prequels didn't start this, the originals themselves were inconsistent and stupid.
>>
>>63756637
Are you me?

It had stunning visuals, was briskly paced and never dragged, and featured TWO if the greatest action sequences in the entire film series.

And dod damn, was the sound design phenomenal
>>
>>63759801
You do know he had to finance 5/6 movies with his own money right?
>>
>>63760052

You care enough to post in the thread, autist
>>
>>63760472
>had to
Early on, yes, because people wouldn't trust him with the money without ridiculous restrictions. Even then, he still had to bend over in regards to things like Actor quotas
He didn't have to do shit after that but did it anyway for various personal reasons, most involving how much revenue he'd get out of them.
>>
>>63756637
TPM certainly had the most effort put into it.

Basically George always knew that the only story people cared about was Anakin's fall even though he also wanted to show the decline and fall of the republic alongside it (this has been true since Star Wars came out, check the 1976 novel and read up on the drafts if you don't believe me. TPM and ANH draw the most heavily from his original drafts) but wisely knew that Anakin's fall and the Vader stuff could really only cover one movie and it would be shitty to only do one movie about it cause it would add nothing to the greater story.

So he went back, add a bunch of stuff to support and reflect the OT besides lol anakin turned evil" and the result is that TPM lays all the groundwork and ROTS has all the payoff. AOTC is stuck being a shitty bridge between the two which is probably why the plot is a pretty weak retread of the last movie and the love stuff is so hamfisted.
>>
>>63760593
Isn't that why anyone does anything? You know, money? The thing that everyone would kill someone else for given the chance?
>>
>>63760709
Naturally, but you're straying away from the point.
The point being that Lucas made the prequels because he knew that it was a good investment barring an absolute disaster, and would be a great money spinner in merchandise.
The idea that he made them because he felt they were stories needed to be told is frankly laughable.
>>
>>63760805
Motherfucker, he made the OT numbers 4, 5, and 6.
You're telling me he never planned on making 1, 2 and 3?
>>
File: 1449462277391.jpg (71 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449462277391.jpg
71 KB, 600x600
when has /tv/ ever been RIGHT?
>>
>>63760872
Of course he did.
You're just failing to realise that his motivations for doing so quite clearly shifted over time.
>>
>>63760805
They were stories he wanted to tell since at least the 80s. He's been talking about it for years. Star Wars was renamed Episode IV: A New Hope before Empire even came out. TPM is basically all the dense weirdo galactic space opera shit from his first Star Wars draft that he eventually had to cut down until he was left with the script that became ANH to keep the cost manageable. The fall of the Republic is summarized in the prologue to the novelization and is basically identical to what is portrayed the prequels.

Personally I find the idea that Lucas had no creative interest in the prequels and only made them for the sake of money to be equally laughable. He did it on his own and there was no guarantee they wouldn't flop. Did he enjoy the merchbucks? I'm sure he did. But he's always been generous with his money and he's nothing if not an auteur.
>>
>>63756228
Episode 2 and 3 aren't even bad movies. Only contrarians hate them.

I personally like 2/3 more than 4/6
>>
File: 1445201206305.jpg (4 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1445201206305.jpg
4 KB, 224x225
>>63760977
The fact that people will inevitably post this unironically one day makes me want to commit Hari Krishna
>>
>its a pseudo hipsters twirl their collective waxed mustache thread
>>
>>63761038
http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/star-wars-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-1999
zzz
fucking hipster
>>
>>63761038
4 is boring and 6 is a shit movie.

dill with with it, tommy pickles
>>
>>63756228
http//www.reddit.com/r/movies
>>
>>63761220
>this idiot mistaked the post box for the address bar

Yikes.
>>
>>63761281
lowkey kek
>>
>>63756625
or you can go back to reddit you autist
>>
>>63761038
this!

anyone who doesn't like what i like is a fucking idiot!!! the plinkett reviews taught me that now if you'll excuse i'm going to reddit
>>
>>63757601
Palpy scenes in ROTJ were shit? I don't think so buddy
>>
>>63761394
>Emperor is flat out cucking Vader, quite literally stating he intends on killing Vader and replacing Vader with Luke
>Vader doesn't give a fuck
>People think this is good

Between his and the underwhelming presence of the Emperor it was bad.
>>
The force awakens was just as bad as the fucking hobbit. Are u people on crack?
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.