[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't Anakin appear as a force ghost and clear things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1445627819237 (1).jpg (389 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1445627819237 (1).jpg
389 KB, 1920x1200
Why can't Anakin appear as a force ghost and clear things up with Kylo?

Did I just spoil JJ's entire Star Wars trilogy?
>>
>>63755524
Anakin considers doing it but then realizes that being patronizingly talked down to by jedi is what drove him further to evil so decides not to

end
>>
>>63755524
Force Ghosts can only appear for a short time after they have died. It's been 30 years since Anakin died.
>>
>>63755632
>EU
>>
I think they're going to go with Kylo being brainwashed and that he isn't actually evil. Which means force ghosts won't be able to convince him of anything.

Next movie Luke and Rey will kidnap and deprogram Kylo and he'll become a Jedi for Star Wars 9.
>>
>>63755524
Well, there was rumors Hayden Christensen would be in Episode 8, so...
>>
>>63755687
Then why didn't Obi Wan and Yoda stay around and help Luke train the Jedi? Why did they only ever appear for short bursts? It's clear it's a finite ability.
>>
>>63755774
they got bored and went off to watch jar jar.
>>
>>63755796
What an afterlife.
>>
>>63755632
Nigga wat, qui-gon teached yoda how to become a force ghost after like 10 years he died.

Same for ben, how much time was is since he died still he appeared as a force ghost at the end of ROTJ?
>>
>>63755774
Qui Gon sort of appears at least 10 years after his death to lead Yoda to the secret, and that's from TCW so it's more canon than anything you're citing.
>>
>>63755832
>>63755845
Not exactly a third of a century though is it?
>>
>>63755524

because Jar Jar Abrahams is a hack
>>
Wow. OP here. Glad to see the mass agreement ITT
>>
>>63755864

>arguing that "force ghosts" in a galaxy far away has strict rules

delusional. when ROTJ ends it just ends, we have no idea what or how those ghosts operate.
>>
>>63757124

yes we do. disney just decided to junk all of that because it didn't fit their crappy New Hope Rehash story line
>>
>>63755774
It's a "plot convenient" ability at this point. Yoda himself refers to it as immortality tho
>>
>>63757492

>convenient

more like EPICLY CONVENIENT
>>
>>63755524
Remember that in the Super Special Editions, Anakin's force ghost is shown as Asshole Teenager Anakin, because your force ghost only ages while you're following the light side

Inevitably, Asshole Teenager Force Ghost Anakin (ATFGA for short) was seduced to the dark side by Asshole Early Middle Aged Force Ghost Palpatine (AEMAFGP), and reslew all the ghostlings with his ghost saber. This made Force Ghost Obi Wan Kenobi (FGOWK) fight him again, and win again, except there's no such thing as force ghost cybernetic armor, so there was nothing to restore ATFGA to mobility after he had his ghost legs cut off and was burned by the force ghost lava.

This will be the focus of Star Wars VIII.
>>
As much as I dislike the prequels, I wouldn't mind a surprise Hayden Christensen cameo. Like at all. In fact I can see that being a defining moment of the sequel trilogy if it happens just because of how it directly ties all 3 trilogies together in a coherent manner.
>>
>>63757743
*how it would
>>
>>63757743
The Supreme Being is an Anakin Skywalker clone.
>>
>>63755524
He's busy drinking ghost shakes at force ghost Dexter Jetsters ghost 50's diner
>>
>>63757743
>Anakin's force ghost appears in a Darth Vader costume voiced by James Earl Jones just so they don't have to reference the prequels
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.