[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Anakin Vader bring balance to the force? Because of him,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: pepe19.jpg (7 KB, 235x215) Image search: [Google]
pepe19.jpg
7 KB, 235x215
How did Anakin Vader bring balance to the force? Because of him, all the jedis died. Does that mean that for the force to be balanced, there cant be any jedis?
>>
>>63754586
Correct. 2 sith, bunch of jedi, reduced to 2 sith and 2 jedi.
>>
>>63754586
Only edgy emos like the sith. The jedi are based.
>>
>>63754623
That is actually brilliant.
>>
>>63754623
but then the 2 sith died and that left only 1 jedi
>>
>>63754623
I was just about to say this
>>
>>63754644

From my point of view Reddit is evil
>>
he killed emperor palpatine and saved his son thus ending the sith leaving a single jedi

prequel shit
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>63754644

>religious group that are above the law and have their fingers in every government and control things from the shadows
>indoctrinates children and train them as warriors from early age

How are they good again?
>>
>>63754772
Yeah, and they don't even entirely understand their own ideology.
>>
>>63754739
With the death of Obi-Wan and Yoda there was only one jedi in Luke, Vader restored balance again just before he died himself.
>>
>>63754623
>>63754739
>>63754808
But then we're left with just a Jedi and no Sith. Where's the balance?
>>
>>63754701
No the two Jedi died first (Yoda and Obi-Wan) so Vader killed the two sith (Sheev and himself) in order to bring balance. Luke is not Jedi nor sith and is the most balanced force sensitive so he's fine.

George is fucking brilliant
>>
>>63754875
How is Luke not a Jedi?
He trained under Jedi masters, he follows their teachings, he fights their battles...
>>
>>63754875
>Luke is not a Jedi

The movie is called "Return of the Jedi"
>>
>>63754586
>Balance

I believe that Lucas didn't know what balance meant. To have balance you need to have an equal set of object or people to either side on whatever side that needs to be balanced.
What Lucas meant is that he needed to bring balace to the force with Killing every fucking Sith in the whole fucking universe, which he did at the end of Return of the Jedi.

He could have literally made Anakin something like a Grey Jedi, never falling to either side of the force, maintaining a "Balance" and teaching that balance to the rest of the force users.
He would have been literally Christ.
>>
>>63754701
>>63754859
Vader's last act was tossing palpatine, leaving 1:1 again.
Vader's died himself after that but fuck, cut him a little slack.
>>
>>63754941
Yes, but he does not follow the Jedi code nor the sith code. He uses both the light and the Dark side of the force to achieve his goals.
>>
>>63754701
That's why the force awakened again, nerd.
>>
File: mind-blown.jpg (22 KB, 471x374) Image search: [Google]
mind-blown.jpg
22 KB, 471x374
>>63754984
>>
>>63754948
Luke is a grey Jedi you dip!
>>
>>63754984
what does that have to do with bringing balance to the force

it's 1 jedi 0 sith it's unbalanced
>>
>>63754586
Why is there a prophesy and a chosen one in the first place? There doesn't need to be one. The Jedi aren't a religion with prophets getting news from God or whatever, and how much have they touched on fate in Star Wars? Do people in the galaxy think that it's all planned out? By who?

Ignoring that though, why couldn't it simply be that everyone was mistaken and that Anakin wasn't actually the chosen one? It seems unlikely to me that the chosen one would be the result of a Sith experiment.
>>
>>63754772
>being this edgy

at least you have sheev
>>
>>63754981
When does he use the dark side? He never chokes anybody or uses lightning. His eyes aren't half-yellow or anything.
>>
I always thought it was Luke who was the chosen one to bring balance to the force, with the prequels saying the prophecy had been misread.

I later learned that it was always Anakin for reasons.
>>
>>63755200
When he taps into his rage to defeat Vader.
>>
>>63754875
The movie is literally called return of the jedi
>>
>>63755191

Despite the prequels effort it just ends up painting the jedis as a stagnated order that does more harm than good by trying to meddle with shit. Sheev and siths are the edgelords.

Gray jedi is master race anyway and made Lucas scared
>>
>>63755247
That was a temporary falling away from the light; Luke recovered and spared Vader, like a Jedi should do to a helpless, defeated enemy.
>>
>>63754586
Dumb frogposter.
>>
>>63755282
Jedi were the heroes. Luke saved the day.

It's not the most complex story structure, but hey, that's Star Wars. The hero's journey recounted as laser battles in space.
>>
>>63755108
>Why is there a prophesy and a chosen one in the first place? There doesn't need to be one.
Why ask why? There is a prophecy. Maybe it's just a fatalistic universe.
>The Jedi aren't a religion with prophets getting news from God or whatever
It doesn't necessarily have to be a prophecy in the old testament sense, it could have just been a psychic prediction of future events.
> Do people in the galaxy think that it's all planned out? By who?
The Jedi seemed to believe at least that much was a certain coming event. That doesn't necessarily imply planning, only inevitability.
>Ignoring that though, why couldn't it simply be that everyone was mistaken and that Anakin wasn't actually the chosen one?
Coulda.
>It seems unlikely to me that the chosen one would be the result of a Sith experiment.
See the rest of this thread, he did exactly what the prophecy said he would, it just wasn't that positive a development.

On that note, who made the Prophecy of Durin's Folk in The Hobbit?
>>
>>63754948
>>63755281
Anakin "Returns of the Jedi" within himself
>>
>>63755073
Balance isnt equal parts jedi and sith. Balance = no sith
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.