[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>David Lynch and David Cronenberg were considered to dire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 220x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 220x346
>David Lynch and David Cronenberg were considered to direct the project before Marquand signed on to be a director

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_of_the_Jedi

What do you think their versions would have been like
>>
I honestly can't fucking imagine the twisted up shit they would've come up with.
>>
>>63752936
Body horror.
>>
Lynch is shit he wiuld have made Dune 2: Jedi Bugaloo.
Cronenberg would have been sublime.

Marquand was great though. No one could have done the unmasking scene better.
>>
File: 1441663686647.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1441663686647.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>yfw Tarantino will never direct Star Wars
>>
>>63753009
Star Wars needs at least a pg-13 rating
>>
>>63752994
I would have loved to see Cronenberg's version of the brass bikini sequence. Young Fisher might have been scared straight. We could have had another 30 years of hot Fisher instead of bloated addict Fisher.
>>
Lucas wouldn't have allowed them to have a vision, and that's probably why they didn't sign on. Lucas back then sterilized the films he produced just like Disney sterilizes their films now. That's why they hire inexpensive TV directors to do their Marvel movies, all they really need is somebody to dictate shit at a basic level
>>
>>63752968
would have been more appropriate for the prequel trilogy.

Anaking going slowly mad as his body deforms the more he uses the dark side and the more he gets wounded in battle. The fusion of his disfigured flesh with machine parts.
>>
File: no_doubt.jpg (29 KB, 354x400) Image search: [Google]
no_doubt.jpg
29 KB, 354x400
Reminder David Fincher was seriously considered to direct TFA.

>Back in 2012, before J.J. Abrams landed the job of directing Star Wars: Episode VII, David Fincher’s name was linked to the upcoming film. As it turned out, those early rumors weren’t just speculation – Fincher actually spoke with producer Kathleen Kennedy about the job, but things never quite came together.

>''It's tricky. My favourite is The Empire Strikes Back. If I said, 'I want to do something more like that,' then I'm sure the people paying for it would be like, 'No! You can't do that! We want it like the other one with all the creatures!'''

>''I always thought of Star Wars as the story of two slaves [C-3PO and R2-D2] who go from owner to owner, witnessing their masters' folly, the ultimate folly of man... I thought it was an interesting idea in the first two, but it's kind of gone by Return Of The Jedi.''

edgy af
>>
>>63752936
Han shot Laura Palmer
>>
>>63753086
Now I mostly agree with you, but I think Kershner was more than a studio hack.
Marquand i dunno but Kershner has some real talent.
>>
>>63753048
Episode 3 and Force Awakens are both PG-13 though?
>>
>>63753156
He wants tuarentino to do Star Wars, I doubt he can go lower than r and still be on board
>>
>>63753155
Marquand had some legitimate talent with the small scale drama he did before he died.

People forget, kershner may have done empire, BUT he also did the geriatric remake of Thunderballs
>>
>>63752936
Cronenberg Jedi
>Jabba is the same size but the moaning screaming faces of his victims are part of his body. Like, imagine a mass amount of flesh covered with many heads and faces
>when Luke takes off Vader's mask his flesh stretches along some of it ripping off when the mask is fully off so that Anakin has a sort of half skull thing going on
>>
>>63753207
>drama he did before he died.
name?
>>
>>63752936
They both would've been very, very contained and their careers might've gone in a very different direction.

Also, the ride scene in Blue Velvet is partially inspired by Lynch's time with Lucas.
>>
>>63753268
Eye of the Needle is what inspired Lucas to get him. That's his most famous one. He also did a lot of tv work and apparently was posthumously credited as a writer of Nowhere to Run
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 636x288) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 636x288
EXTERIOR - JUNGLE MOON OF ENDOR

The tide of battle is turning. As LUKE gets the upper hand above in his duel with VADER, the EWOKS primitive weapons have started to hit their marks.

An EWOK swings a battle axe against a thick hempen rope.

EWOK
-EEEEEEEEEEWWWWEEEEEEE

And another, mirrored to indicate the other side of a coordinated two-EWOK attack.

EWOK
-AYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEE

Two huge tree trunks are seen to pendulum down from a great height. An ATAT two-legged walker pauses to acquire targets. The tree trunks converge on the crew cabin and

[Directors note: cut to interior crew cockpit. Walls collapse inward and pic related]
>>
>>63753086
There's a video on youtube where Lynch talks about meeting with Lucas to talk about directing the movie. Lynch was confused by wookies and told Lucas that it was his (Lucas's) vision, and he should make it himself.

Also, the way he describes Lucas it makes Lynch seem normal by comparison. It's a great video.
>>
>>63753322
>Eye of the Needle
>it stars Donald Sutherland
DOWNLOADING
>>
>>63753378
link to video please
>>
What about a Jodorowski's Return of the Jedi
>>
>>63753431
got you fa͏m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U
>>
>>63753457
lay off the weed
>>
>>63753496
danke
>>
>>63752936
Ewoks faces would split open to reveal a monstrous horror living within.

Darth Vader is actually Luke from the future and Palpatine is Luke from the further future.

Luke is pregnant with Yoda's demon spawn.

It was all the dying dream of Harrison Ford's character from American Graffiti
>>
>>63753009
>wanting the movie to have more ripoffs of other movies and cut out of order
>>
>>63753496
this is fucking gold
>>
>>63753009
>ywn watch a 10 minute monologue of sheev and vader talking about banging leia while smoking a pack of cigs
>>
>>63753496
holy shit

the way Lynch describes Lucas, it sounds like he was genuinely baffled by the man. it's like he felt the same way about Lucas that most people feel about Lynch films.
>>
>the movie begins with a monologue about the force
>jabbas palace is filled with literal demons
>the rancor is a two headed beast: 1 head is writhing in pain
>at night, the ewok reveal a truly horrifying form, like the wolf from company of wolves
>in his last move, the emperor peels off his own skin to reveal a physical, demonic personification of the dark side
>>
>>63753009
good
>>
>>63753800
>company of wolves ewoks

That shit would be brutal af
>>
File: making ROTJ Lynch.png (655 KB, 1194x1196) Image search: [Google]
making ROTJ Lynch.png
655 KB, 1194x1196
A page from The Making of Return of the Jedi that describes Lucas making the decision to go with David Lynch as the director instead of Marquand, but having to go with Marquand instead
>>
>>63753496
Leave it to George Lucas to make David Lynch look normal.
>>
>>63754020
Marquand sounds like a cool dude
>>
>>63753800
>sheev peeling off his face to reveal his true face
What could have been..
>>
File: mondayfun.jpg (90 KB, 530x290) Image search: [Google]
mondayfun.jpg
90 KB, 530x290
>>63752936

Many more slave Leia scenes for a start.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.