[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This guy was easily my favourite bad guy in the movie. His sneering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: Hux.jpg (42 KB, 890x1000) Image search: [Google]
Hux.jpg
42 KB, 890x1000
This guy was easily my favourite bad guy in the movie. His sneering voice, the underlying anger and sense of superiority.

I really hope we see more of him in the next 2 films, I was expecting him to just be some cowardly side character that dies almost instantly.

His speech was a brilliant moment
>>
just like tarkin in ep 4
>>
>>63752972
The comparison is obviously there, but Tarkin had a more laid back menacing approach. Hux is far more openly aggressive and emotional
>>
>>63752524
So I'm supposed to cheer for some snub nosed black guy and mary sue over this suave devil?
>>
>space nazis

Works everytime. Humans just WANT to submit to fashionable uniforms.
>>
>>63753064
yeah also found him to be a nice character, cucking kylo and believing in his men and weapons.
>>
Based Gleeson
>>
He wasn't as charismatic or likable to me

thought he'd be different somehow, more badass

but he just seems like a bitch
>>
>>63752524

His speech was his best bit. He looked so fucked full of rage and energy... like a hipster Hitler or shit.
>>
>>63753177

That was what he was meant to be
>>
>>63753116
>Designed by Hugo Bossk
>>
What the hell was up with his hat?

I couldn't take the already comical nazi scene seriously.

Because of the hat.
>>
>>63752524
I thought he would suck but hes perfect for his role.
>>
>>63753180
I was so fucking ready to see some ruthless evil being spread. I was kind of hoping that Kylo Ren was more of a background character instead of being presented as the big bad boss.
>>
>>63753355
Kylo was just a foot soldier to get shit done really, like Vader in ANH. He was just a more direct means to do things
>>
Too bad that every interesting character in this movie got less than two minutes of screen time.
>>
>>63752524
>His sneering voice, the underlying anger and sense of superiority
This so much
Fucking loved how he delivered his speech, just screaming hate at a crowd of stormtroopers, although they cut away from the salute too soon
>>
>>63753465
Vader got like 12 minutes of A New Hope and Boba Fett only has like 3 miunutes of screen time in Empire Strikes Back.
>>
>>63753562
Just because OT was the same doesn't make it a good thing, neither does it mean that repeating OT's mistakes is okay.
>>
>>63753465
Sometimes less is more, with Han dead and everything set back up, I think we'll see more of them in the next film
>>
>>63753465
the characters with more screen time being significantly less interesting is a sign that the writing is terrible.

if Hux had stuck around more they'd have found a way to ruin him, too.
>>
Hux was the worst actor of the Movie. Am i the only One to Think that?
>>
>>63754069
Yes
>>
File: adolf up in disfuqer.jpg (310 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
adolf up in disfuqer.jpg
310 KB, 800x1200
>>63753107
spotted the /pol/
>>
>>63752524
I did like the fact that the stuck to the tradition from the first trilogy and had all the officers be British.

The eloquence just makes the officers snide hatred so much more believable
>>
>>63754069
worse than Q U A D J U M P A?
>>
>>63754069
he was OTT on purpose, it wasn't bad acting. the writing was shit, though, so his overacting couldn't really take flight.
>>
>>63753662
He'll end up being a cross between tarkin and admiral piett. While phasma will probably end up as a cross between bobba fett and general veers.

I'm genuinely happy they didn't kill any of the main imp characters off and had them actually evacuate once they realized their base was about to explode.
>>
>>63754836
Isn't Ireland part of the British Isles?
>>
>>63754836
>From Dublin

Basically Britain desu

That and it was more the accent then anything else, if you really want me to be descriptive then his annunciation made his performance better for me.
>>
>>63753206
Kek
>>
>>63753206
God dammit
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 320x240
>>63753562
Let's say you've got a 2 and a half hour Dramatic Play on your hands.

It has five acts, and so each Act lasts roughly one half an hour. Suddenly 12-15 minutes matters quite a bit.

http://youtu.be/NAzHJbq5gKA
>>
>>63752524
Is that Skip Bayliss ????
>>
>>63754867
the term "British" doesn't mean "from the British Isles" though family
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 620x466) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 620x466
http://youtu.be/f00IkrWvur4
>>
That speech and the Republic getting BTFO was BY FAR the most epic moment of the flick

>that score
>that cinematography
>>
File: 20150513.gif (335 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
20150513.gif
335 KB, 500x375
>>63752524
He was literally /tv/ in character form.

Pottery.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.