[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
George, I was wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: image.jpg (131 KB, 599x888) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131 KB, 599x888

Where did the New Order get money to build a Star Killer?
Why the fuck the republic doesn't give a fuck about them?
Why weren't rebel spies aware the New Order fucks are building a thing bigger than the last Death Star? They are basically responsible for deaths of millions of people/aliens.
Why nobody gives too much fucks that several planets were destroyed? At least mourn for a bit at the end instead of cheering.
Why do we need to care about megastructure weapons in this universe, when every fuck can build them without any consequences to economy, and a single x-wing can destroy it not once, twice, but three fucking times?
Why is Rey such a blatant mary sue?
Why did they kill Kylo's character in the second part?
Why didn't they use the Gwendoline character?
Why did her character such a pussy? Why would you hire Gwendoline to play a total wuss for 5 minutes?
Why didn't R2 wake up in the first scene with BB?
Why was the score so shitty and bland?
Why did they remake A New Hope line by line?
>>
>>63751571

I have questions too.

What exactly got blown up? Han says 'It's the Republic', and they just happen to be close enough to see it.
Why did only Rey and Chewie go to find Luke? What about R2? And his SISTER, WHO'S BEEN LOOKIG FOR HIM?
Why was the MF just sitting there, ready to fly, but with nothing stopping anyone from just walking on and taking it?
In what way is Luke's planet uncharted, when it's right there on a map of the galaxy? Like, ANY of the nearby systems shown would indicate where it is.
What was the point of Hamill being in it for half a minute?
>>
Why are those destroyed planets so conveniently close so every hero can see that just in the fucking sky above their head?
Why every character can find every other character so conveniently when needed?
Why was the pacing so rushed?
>>
The Resistance - is resisting what, exactly? They're on the side of the official government...although it's NEVER seen.
>>
File: 1450290258469.jpg (63 KB, 529x490) Image search: [Google]
1450290258469.jpg
63 KB, 529x490
Han Solo gets killed and LITERALLY gets BTFO by the Starkiller
>>
File: Canon_galaxy_map_Empire_mag.png (2 MB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
Canon_galaxy_map_Empire_mag.png
2 MB, 900x1200
>>63752256
>What exactly got blown up?
Hosnian Prime. Here is a map
>>
>>63752619
the First Order.
Obviously, the official governemnt has no say in the first order territories.
>>
>new generation of stormtroopers are indoctrinated/brainwashed since childhood
>finn just decides one day "fuck this I don't like killing"

>luke went through months of training before being able to use the force effectively
>rey literally has mind control powers 5 minutes after realizing she's force sensitive
BRAVO JJ
R
A
V
O

J
J
>>
>>63752883
She's a woman so it isn't too shocking to learn that she's just plain better at it then men
>>
A disappointing movie.

I watched it for free but it was just efficient. That's all.
>>
>>63752883

Luke and Leia were Force sensitive. Leia never trained but Luke did.

They communicated telepathically basically on feelings.

Unless Rey is a Mary Sue savant.

Yes, the badass woman, the main character. She's the "Strong female"
>>
Why the fuck would they name their son based on fucking Obi-Wan? Only Luke cared about him.
>>
File: pug wizz.jpg (96 KB, 599x602) Image search: [Google]
pug wizz.jpg
96 KB, 599x602
>>63752639
>implying messing with that Skywalker poon didn't give him a bonus life as a force ghost
>>
>>63752778

But the First Order is the actual resistance.
>>
>>63753146
Ben did came to rescue her.
>>
>>63753910
That's like naming your son after a fucking firefighter that saved you sometime.
>>
>>63752256
R2 did follow Rey to find Luke, how could you have missed that?
>>
What does the Republic do during all of this?

>oh well whatever first order built a planetary weapon and will kill us all
>let's just uh.. do nothing but give a bit of money to the resistance so they can buy like 10 x-wings
>>
>>63754052
I like how when the First Order literally blew up their solar system the people looking on are basically like WELP for about 10 seconds before everything just moves on.

Even destroying one planet in the original trilogy was treated with more gravity than that.
>>
>I just hate everything, I failed Leia and Han in raising their son.. I'm going away forever, gonna live like an eremite! I'm not gonna tell anyone how to find me
>but I'll put a small piece of a map into the hands of some old guy on Jakku and the rest of the map into my r2d2 which I'll leave behind
>I just hope no one finds me!
>>
It baffles me how the movie is getting good reviews everywhere.
Granted, I don't watch much movies, but I was expecting so much more from this.
>>
Star Wars VIII? maybe they'll going to explain all.
>>
>>63753977
Why not? Sometimes people use pretty retarded approaches to name their kids. At least here you'll honor a guy who did his job to save you from a pretty gruesome death.

But in the context of the movie it did look hamfisted as hell to wink at the audience yet again. I'll give you that.
>>
>>63754035

Was he on the Falcon, then? He wasn't going up those steps.
>>
Phasma was wasted potential incarnate, she does nothing but get chucked in the trash can, why did they bother hyping her up so much?

Also why would someone as loyal as her just take down the shields
>>
>>63754909
He's with Chewie at the end when Rey is climbing.

R2 should have been fucking hovering up them steps like a mad-droid to get to Luke.
>>
How does the Starkiller base even work. I have heard that it feeds off/destroys a star in the process, but I'm not sure that's reliable. Surely they can't be that retarded, can they?
>>
>>63755060

It literally sucked a star inside of the planet. When this planet with starkiller base exploded, the star was released and shined in place of a planet.

I am NOT making this shit up!
>>
>>63754938
>Also why would someone as loyal as her just take down the shields
this
>>
the reppublic's incompetence against the first order is all the motivation that snoke needs to rebuild the empire

that was why sheev did it as well
>>
>>63755216

Why is the console controlling the shields so fucking lightly guarded?

Why does the first order guards its super-important prisoners with literally ONE stormtrooper?
>>
>>63753202
Republic owns some star systems First Order controls other ones. Republic is funding the resistance in First Order controlled star systems

Republic is basically Reagan and the resistance are the Contras
>>
>>63752883
>>finn just decides one day "fuck this I don't like killing"
would make more sense if we got even a line of dialogue telling us how close he was to the poor lad he watched die
>>
>>63751571
>Why did they remake A New Hope line by line?

That's what pissed me off most. i could really put up with everything else, but how lazy can you be?

>Hero is a seemingly random loser from a sandy planet
>Finds a seemingly shitty robot with a secret message inside that brings about a grand adventure
>Cocky pilot with a wit as quick as his flying abilities (Poe)
>Unarmed Hero figure killed at the end
>Death Star

And this just observations from the top of my head, i'm sure bigger fans than me would have spotted a whole bunch more
>>
>>63755272
Why would she even know or has access to shields? Seems like a job for operators.
>>
>>63755468
history repeats itself if we're not careful.

that much is fine.
the problem is with how they did it
>>
>>63755548
>tfw you'll never be an admin assistant for the first order order purchasing uniforms for new staff, typing up minutes and catering for meetings with the supreme leader
>>
>>63754276

He wasn't hiding.

This is why no one takes this board seriously. There's like a 60% chance the person you're discussing a movie with was too busy sitting in a dark theatre to concentrate on a movie he paid to see.
>>
Spoilers ahead

spoiling how shitty this movie is

https://a.pomf.cat/xsnrpn.webm

https://a.pomf.cat/hrjvdt.mp4
>>
>>63755272
>Why does the first order guards its super-important prisoners with literally ONE stormtrooper?

Oh yeah - Kylo sends troopers out to find Han and the others, but then ends up alone in a huge space with them. How did that happen?
>>
File: skeleton at desk no. 1.jpg (28 KB, 500x330) Image search: [Google]
skeleton at desk no. 1.jpg
28 KB, 500x330
The main villian is a twig armed edgelord fuckboy who cries about his daddy issues
>>
Who the fuck is Snoke? What a retarded name. Fucking Snooki sounding name.
>>
>>63755709
So what was he doing, then?
Go on, elaborate.
>>
>>63755468

JJ only has the ability to copy old plots and add fancy cgi to them.
>>
>>63752256
>What exactly got blown up?

Looked like Coruscant too me.
>>
>>63755879

Han explained he went off to find the first jedi temple for knowledge/purpose.

dunno m8 i'd be pretty fucked in the head too if my nephew went rogue & killed his school friends (who were also my students)
>>
>>63755610
YEAH, shitty movies repeat themselves forever and ever.
>>
>>63755984
It seems unlike Luke to leave Leia etc. behind though in such dire times
>>
>>63755879
Supposedly 'trying to find the first jedi temple
in reality he was doing fuck all except jerking off on a bare rock in the middle of a fucking ocean all the doo-da day
>>
>>63755773
Wow, they all literally stand around and do nothing.
>>
Phasma literally did nothing to show how badass she was supposed to be, at least boba fett actually fought people at some point, she didn't even fire a single bullet
And once Finn had taken her hostage (rugby tackling her to the ground and then standing in the same room as she turned off the shield), why didn't she do anything to fight back? Judging by how laid back they were about killing her once they'd finished, why did she still turn the shields off? You'd think someone who'd earned the right to wear shiny armour would at least go out with a bang instead of just letting them kill her

How comes, in a planet where people scavenge through massive ships to get their food, no one decided to take apart the 'piece of junk' millennium falcon which had just been lying there for years?

What are they supposed to do now the First Order has blown up the senate? I mean the whole political system has been completely destroyed, all the politicians are dead, but at least a princess of a planet that blew up over 30 years ago is still kicking around with her army of pikey rebels?

How comes Poe returned to the rebel base? Surely he's assume that Finn was either dead or fucked off like he said he would, so he'd still be looking around for BB8 on Jakku instead of conveniently being suited and booted ready for battle?
>>
Was the destruction of Coruscant just a big fuck you too the prequels?
>>
>>63756086
Poe was a good friend

>>63756100
That wasn't Coruscant you dolt
>>
>>63755955
it's not coruscant family
>>
>>63756123
>>63756141
It wasn't? Looked like it too me? What planet was it then? Any source?
>>
>>63756123
Are you sure? He said he was going to destroy the Republic and it looked pretty similar to coruscant to me
>>
>>63756173
It's Chandrila where the New Senate is situated
>>
>>63756270
When did we get that info?
>>
Here's a big question i had about Finn

He says to Han that his Job on the Death star was sanitation. If that is the case, then why in the ever loving fuck did Kylo Ren bring him along on his super important mission at the beginning of the film?

You maybe might argue that all stormtroopers are trained in combat (there's a throw away line to this effect even). But SURELY a top soldier like kylo would only pick his best most TRUSTED men, not some fucking sanitation worker. Finn is essentially one of the random low level grunts that we see so many of on the deathstars, so why kylo has him out in the field is anyone guess
>>
>>63756302
When we learned about the lore of the galactic republic and when that planet looked nothing like Coruscant
>>
Thanks for this shitty movie feminism!
>>
>>63756173
>>63756254
>>63756270
>>63756302
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chandrila
>>
Is it just me or was there very little world building in VII? Everything was so rushed and they mostly went from one action scene to the next.
>>
>>63756313
When the New Order goes to fight, they gather up all the electricians, janitors, etc, equip and arm them and go fight.
That's why they're so accurate.
>>
>>63756329
But they blew up like 4 planets, which ones were the other 3?
>>
>>63751571
>go to the movies
>have the best movie experience of my life
>come back home
>start digging for comments
>people are bashing this movie

This movie is flawed, sure. But it's not Prequel-tier bad. It's fairly decent. There were a lot of great moments. Kylo Ren is a great villain, his temper tantrums are hilarious, but he can also be menacing when he wants to. I had no fucking idea he'd be Han's fucking son! When Snoke first spat it out I was like "u fuckin wot m8?". Then when Han saw Kylo in the Starkiller base I fucking knew Han was as good as dead. That was way too predictable. I think it reminded me of Commodus in Gladiator.
Then there's the issue of Rey suddenly gaining mad skills with both using the force and lightsaber battle out of fucking nowhere. Yeah, I get it. The force is strong with her or some bullshit. But that was some Mary Sue shit right there. Does Rey even really have any fucking flaws?
The thing I was glad about, however, is that Rey wasn't revealed to be Luke's daughter. Maybe it'll be kept for the next movie, but I just hope that it isn't the case, even though all evidence points to the contrary.

Yeah, all in all this was a pretty great experience, but I'm sure that when I watch a second time I'll be much more aware of the flaws. At least there weren't any retarded Ewoks, so that alone makes it better than Return of the Jedi and there is no Jar Jar Binks or whiny Hayden Christensen, so it's definitely better than the prequels.
>>
In the scene where Kylo is talking to Vaders mask, he says something along the lines of 'I'm feeling conflicted about the force and Snoke knows it, please show me the true power of the dark side again'
That might not be the correct wording but he definitely said again, implying that the force ghost of Anakin came to him personally, I mean he wasn't alive to see anything with Vader anyway so there's no way he'd be talking about that
How did he get the mask anyway? Surely that melted when they burnt Vaders body on Endor, unless they took his half burned carcass off to stick in a museum or some shit
>>
>>63756372
Is this still canon in TFA or was it really Coruscant?
>>
>>63756466
I'd say it's better than prequels but not quite OT good
>>
>>63756313
Because it wasn't the case, he was part of a personal kill squad, but he couldn't bare to admit that he'd killed innocent people several times before (they would have cleared out some places to get all the resources for the starkiller.)

Why would you assume he was telling the truth?
>>
>>63756466
Agreed. It's a pretty good Star Wars movie, sure it has its flaws but even Hope and Empire had flaws. Still those two were good Star Wars movies.
>>
>>63756472
Fuck, I had forgotten them. It definitely seemed like he was actually asking to be shown something, not just talking to it for sentimental reasons.
>>
>>63756498
i think they nuked everything from wookipedia that was EU. i could be completely wrong tho.
>>
>>63756313
Because they wanted to make a joke for popcorn munchers on hurr durr sanitation and spent less time thinking things through than George on the first draft of Phantom Menace.
>>
Do we know what the fuck Snoke even is? The only thing I could think of when looking at him was "CGI abomination", but I'm not sure that's what they were going for. Seriously, they said they'd emphasize practical effects over CGI, but the CGI they do use is fucking terrible. The CGI was way too reminiscent of the Hobbit movies. It just immediately took you out of the film.
>>
File: for the fans.png (765 KB, 1000x1334) Image search: [Google]
for the fans.png
765 KB, 1000x1334
>>
>>63756372
Okay, well either way that was the planet that held the senate, the wiki even said that it became home to the New Republic after the battle of Endor, so the whole political system of the Galaxy has still been destroyed whether it's a Chandrila or Coruscant
What do they expect to do now? The whole galaxy is going to be in chaos, they're fucked
>>
>>63756581
that's the point. that's why it's so bad. we're just saying it's not coruscant
>>
>>63756581
If they make a New New Republic they really need to start having meetings via hologram
>>
Ok, pop quiz. What is the most important thing about a menacing villain with a scary voice and a hidden face?
The mask.
So what should you absolutely, positively, never ever do UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT?
Take off the mask.
And what the fuck did Jar Jar Abrams do???

If you can't hold it in, don't put it in to begin with.
>>
>>63756567
It's Sheev in disguise
>>
>>63756538
>Why would you assume he was telling the truth?

Well i could ask the same thing in reverse. Why do you assume he killed people? It's never confirmed, or even bought up. Even if the order mentioned it in passing
>>
>>63756534
1. A New Hope
2. The Force Awakens
3. Empire Strikes Back
4. Return of the Jedi
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Clone Wars
7. Phantom Menace
>>
>>63752705
This makes no fucking sense.

Isn't Corosant the capital of the Republic?
>>
>>63756663
Are they really bringing Palpatine back? I thought he was deader than dead by this point.
>>
>>63756549
That's what I thought, my only answer would be that maybe Snoke tricked him in to thinking it was Vader but that seems like a bit of a cop out
>>
>>63756567
They might have done that on purpose because LOL HOLOGRAMS
>>
>>63755468
>turret gun section escaping the empire
>twice
>trench run
>gotta go do a commando raid on the shields before the ship assault
>Falcon is a piece of shit, breaks down at inconvenient time and could have cost them the mission if the Order showed up
>>
why didnt Disney hire Nolan?
>>
>>63756650
You'd think at this point they'd have invented Skype
if someone has a history of blowing up whole planets, surely you stop gathering the most important people in the galaxy in the same place at the same time
>>
>>63755389
>Republic is basically Reagan and the resistance are the Contras
ey that's actually kinda cool. maybe JJ did put some originality into it after all.
>>
>>63756719
>bad CG
>done on purpose
Yeah, I don't think so. Was it even really fucking necessary to use CGI? Couldn't an actor with a mask or heavy make-up have done a better job? Practical effects my ass. The few practical effects that actually were used were barely even in the film.
>>
>>63756651
I think Khylo looked still looked evil without the mask on. In fact the entire lightsaber duel at the end had character because you could see his anger and rage.
>>
>>63756466
You forgot to type reddit.com in the address bar.
>>
>>63751571
>Where did the New Order get money to build a Star Killer?
>Why the fuck the republic doesn't give a fuck about them?
anybody care to explain these
>>
>>63756086
The goon stormtrooper guarding Rey had a New Zealand accent didn't he? shit, that makes him more Boba Fett than Phasma was.
>>
>>63756680
old republic. not the new republic. disney would never allow the deaths of 6 trillion people (the actual population of coruscant). that's just too dark.
>>
>>63756782
>he doesn't hate everything
>he must be a Redditor
Okay.
>>
>>63756086
Falcon was owned by that Dexter-looking alien that handed out the food packs, i'm guessing nobody wanted to fuck with their only lifeline.
>>
>>63752883
>proceeds to kill his former comrades without hesitation or remorse
>>
>>63756651
Kylo wasn't meant to be a total badass like Darth Vader, the point was for the first half or so of the film we think he's a tough, menacing villain and as soon as he takes off the mask we see he's nothing but an insecure novice. He will have character development over the triology, now that he has killed his own father he has fully committed himself to the Dark Side. When we see him again in VIII he will be far more powerful and probably given a 'Darth' title, he's at a similar level of training to Empire Strikes Back period Luke in this movie.
>>
>>63756680
No faggot, the New Republic's capitol is now Chandrila. But they blew up Hosnian Prime.
>>
>>63756739
>Big Bad has a black mask and deep voice
>His boss likes to talk through Holograms
>The only hope for the future is a mysterious Jedi who lives on an otherwise empty planet
>>
>>63756789
They found a cheaper way to make death stars.
Snoke is super rich.
They stole the money.
Their territory is rich.
It was designed to be inside a planet so it was cheaper to make.

As well as another gorillian explanations, I don't understant why this is something to get so autismal about.
>>
>>63756804
What the fuck was the entire point of having Phasma in the movie? She did jack shit and got barely any screen time.
>>
>>63756651

>missing the point in a dumb popcorn munching movie

God you are genuinely retarded.
>>
>>63756885
>It was designed to be inside a planet so it was cheaper to make.
what the fuck? that would be more expensive. they would have to drill down into the core, turn an entire fucking planet into a weapons system… i'm not even gonna try.
>>
>>63756885
How the fuck that thing even work? It consumes a star to fire the main weapon. And then what? They FTL the entire fucking planet to a new system with an untapped star?
>>
File: angry pooh.jpg (109 KB, 1024x569) Image search: [Google]
angry pooh.jpg
109 KB, 1024x569
3 death stars and you strike out, I have no interest in this lazy series anymore
>>
>>63756789
Actually I'm confused about why the republic isn't flat out publicly opposing the first order. It keeps being said that they are 'secretly supporting the resistance', but why not just call them out on there bullshit?
I get that some systems are republic and some are first order, but when the other superpower in your neighbourhood starts amassing an army and building a super weapon, you fucking do more then send isis money.
>>
I haven't seen it and never will.
Does the nigger end up with a white chick?
>>
>>63756789

>why doesn't the Republic care

First Order aren't a terrorist group. They control systems. If we're at war with China it'll be hard to stop them building nukes on their territory.
>>
>>63756887
fuck if I know.
>>
File: tarkin.jpg (114 KB, 1024x748) Image search: [Google]
tarkin.jpg
114 KB, 1024x748
Imagine if this man replaced general cuckold and decided to get shit done. Cux was so fucking awful casting wise.
>>
>>63757017
If they used it I'm pressure there'd be a war.
>>
>>63756466
Don't you have your shekels to count JJ, instead of shilling for your ripoff?
>>
>>63756944
Nah, dude, you don't get it, this is like... TEN times bigger than the last time, y'know, so it's a lot more evil and stuff.

>gets blown up 45 minutes later

Welp, back to the drawing board, fourth time's the charm I'm sure.
>>
>>63756936

>Questioning technology in sci-fi

Nigger what. You assume they developed the technology. As far as money well you're a)assuming it's expensive and b) assuming the first order aren't rich as fuck.
>>
>>63757049
And what difference does that make? Can we annex a country were at war with immediately?
>>
>>63756857
This

I actually think they handled Kylo well by making him so obviously flawed and unstable. He's an interesting new villain and a nice contrast to Vader's menacing cool.
>>
>>63756651
It was to show that he is no way even close to dartth vader and he is just a teen with issues that will later come to the light side or some shit
>>
>>63756690
Yes. He has perfected Darth Plagueis's technique to bring people to life to resurrecting himself. For a dark side user it looks like a more powerfull way of force ghosting yourself into living matter (thus the deformed look).
>>
>>63755773
>Take off that mask
>What do you think you'll see if I do
Holy shit, are they literally referencing TDKR?
>>
>>63751571
WHERE THE FUCK DID THE NEW ORDER CAME FROM?
WHY ARENT THEY JUST THE EMPIRE SINCE THEY ARE BASICALLY THE SAME?
>>
>>63756864
Why did they blow up some random bullshit planets because more then one got hit.
What is the point?

The fist deathstar made so much sense. The ultimate deathmachine made by the economically strongest force in the galaxy.

But it's so huge it couldn't be kept a secret there too much logistics involved. Someone steals the plants and they end up in the rebel alliances hands.

The plans reveals a weakness but the weakness is so minuscule only a 1/1000000 shot would do it. Because the Pilot was force sensitive it works.

Second one gets blown up while it's being built.

This one is literally unknown to anyone... HAS A HUGE WEAKNESS everyone can exploit.

The shield allows FLT craft through.

Why not get one brave pilot or robot to FTL in a nuclear bomb into the planet or more of them?

The new one makes no sense what so ever. It's just there for convinience. Nothing is explained. It's so fucking rushed.
>>
>>63756876
>Imperial army dude that backchats the Sith
lord and doesnt get fucked up
>hive of scum and villainy
>underground cave that gives force visions
>Bearer of bad news gets choked like a bitch (Though for a stupid reason. I mean, 'any more news?"
'oh there was a girl'
'FUCK YOU *CHOKE* )
>
>>
>>63757121
I hope he doesn't get a redemption arc. I hope he falls completely to the dark side and forces rey to kill him at the end.
>>
>Running joke about how powerful chewbacca's crossbow is
>One shot at a storm trooper can make them fly backwards about 20 foot before smashing in to the wall
>Instant kill on every single hit
And yet when Chewie shoots Kylo Ren with it and gets a direct hit, he just starts to bleed a little bit and still has enough energy to chase Rey and Finn in to the forest, get there before them and have 2 lightsaber fights in a row
>>
>>63757210
I assumed Ren knows that Rey is Luke's daughter, I think that's why he got so angry at the mention of her
>>
Better than the phantom meme. Worse than revenge of the memes and meme wars.
Anyone who disagrees is an obvious shill.
>>
>>63751571
Why is the Resistance so small? they're 30 years old and presumably formed the Republic, yet their fleet consists of a handful of X wings?
>>
>>63757225
The dark side strengthens your internal organs, duh
>>
yfw Snoke is Sheev
>>
File: 1448975254595.jpg (78 KB, 637x476) Image search: [Google]
1448975254595.jpg
78 KB, 637x476
>>63757225
It's plot armor don't think about it too much.

They basically just needed a reason why the two fags could defeat him and they always needed a reason for him to get injured so he becomes more darth vader like.
>>
>>63757041
I thought he was good, especially his speach before they fired the big fucking laser, and how he wasn't intimidated by Kylo Ren at all.
And its good that they didn't just kill him off at the end, so they can actually develop and imperial general character across the trilliogy.
>>
>>63757299
This would please me.
>>
rey is revan you heard it here first folks
>>
>>63757254
Ah, and the point where he turns and notices Finn is because he noticed his latent force powers and that's how he assumed he was the one that broke the pilot out?
>>
>>63756557
Nice, a metaphor to how the fanfiction isn't relevant anymore.
>>
>>63756993
>ANOTHER DEATHSTAR?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmRHy3cu31M
>>
>>63757041
That man was literally more Evil and Dark side then Emperor and Vader combined.
>>
Anyone else driven mad by Jar Jar Abrams cloverleaf handicam style shots
>>
>>63757210

The Evil Empire is looking for supersecret information and kills a lot of people to find it, luckily the plans were given to a droid for safekeeping. The droid flees across a desert world but gets captured by a comical little trader, before being saved by the main character who then decides to help the droid get back to the rebellion. They fly off the desert world in the Millennium Falcon but get intercepted. They manage to escape, however, and fly to a jungle world with an Aztec-like temple structure...
>>
>>63757260
a shill...for a set of movies a decade old at it's newest. cool story buddy
>>
File: 1441820110581.png (96 KB, 200x222) Image search: [Google]
1441820110581.png
96 KB, 200x222
>>63752705
>The uncharted wilderness of the Galaxy is closer to the core than the outer rim

Who designed this shit?
>>
V>IV>VI>III>VII>I>II
>>
>>63756665
>2. The Force Awakens
>3. Empire Strikes Back

Just find a bridge to jump from
>>
What an uninspired, bland piece of shit fámily

I literally have to pretend to that I liked it
>>
>>63757321
>he wasn't intimidated by Kylo Ren at all.
Did we watch same movie. If I had the movie right here I would show you at least 5 screenshots where hes TERRIFIED OF HIM.

He gets smug as fuck when the Supreme Leader praises him instead of Kyle and they're both pussy as fuck infront of the Leader.

Vader was subservient. Yet very equal to his master. He didn't get SCARED by the Emperor he didn't get emotional because he lost.
>>
>>63757381
Nice, forgot about the desert world/jungle world with temple.
>>
>>63757338
Rey is Luke's daughter who was there when Kylo went mad and killed everyone. Luke stashed her on Jakku and wiped her memory with lolforce.
>>
>>63757392
You're looking at a 2 dimensional map of 3 dimensional space
>>
>>63756580
>JJ has a vision

to literally copy george's work from ep4
>>
>>63757348
Finn isn't force sensitive, I think Ren just realised he was having a mental breakdown and probably knew he didn't shoot any of the villagers so put 2+2 together, then when he found out one of the stormtroopers went rogue he knew it was him, especially since he's one of the few troopers who actually saw Poe
>>
>>63757396
given that the lightsaber fight in I is better than in VII you can even make the case for I>VII
>>
>>63751571
Plot wise, everyone is saying 'JUST WAIT FOR THE SEQUELS' to questions which define the story but we apparently don't have time for.

For plot holes; see the deepest parts of Disney's money vault for context.
>>
Was anyone else really surprised at how badly done the score was?

Its like Williams was either told or figured that re-hashing the old character themes would be enough, with new bland transition and background music to supplement.

Disappointing.
>>
>>63757453
i dare you to find me someone who wasnt hype when darth maul let loose the second part of the light saber
>>
If you are white and support the new garbage propaganda Star Wars you are a bitch boy brainless c.ucked faggot of the highest order.

Fuck you, sellout trash.

If you are white and support the new garbage propaganda Star Wars you are a bitch boy brainless c.ucked faggot of the highest order.

Fuck you, sellout trash.
>>
>>63757275
It is a good point. You'd think that after the original trilogy they'd have much stronger numbers, but for some weird reason they are still a rag tag bunch fighting against the odds.

Also, how and why did they let the Empire (now called the order) reform? Like they really didn't think anything of them regaining their lost numbers, and building planet sized weapon? Because they had plenty of fucking time to intervene in the countless years that must have took to make.

Hell, even in Return of the Jedi they had the good sense to get ahead of that shit, and blow that motherfucker up before it was complete. How have they not learned that is the best way to handle that shit?

>Pfffft, what's the worst that can happen?
>>
File: 1447458693430.gif (1 MB, 400x355) Image search: [Google]
1447458693430.gif
1 MB, 400x355
>>63757495
>Duel of the Fates kicks in when Darth Maul stands there when the Doors opens
>>
>>63757453
True. I had at least two memorable scenes (Podracing and Darth maul duell). So far i don't recall anything outstanding from VII.
>>
>>63757488
Now you mention it, i cant recall a single theme that wasn't one from the original trilogy
>>
>>63756173

It's NOTCoruscant just like Jakku is NOTTattooine
>>
>>63756806

>a trillion deaths is just a statistic

>implying people would care
>>
>>63757495
That was the best part of the whole prequel trilliogy and it had a 10/10 score to the fight, none of the original compositions in TFA came close to that.
>>
>>63757513
Its just a movie bro. Stop trying to fit it into your political propaganda. I bet you live an unhappy life, faggot.
>>
>>63757450
Hm...you think the only reason on that jungle planet, when the trooper dropped the guns and pulled out the stunrod thing was to show that troopers now have some rudimentary melee training, to give Finn some more creedence in fighing Ren and not getting fucked up immediately? Well, that and the injury he took from Chewbacca
>>
>>63757299
that'd be great
>>
File: star wars space warfare.jpg (657 KB, 1000x732) Image search: [Google]
star wars space warfare.jpg
657 KB, 1000x732
>>63757275
>>63757520

The movie overall was fucked up in scale. Starkiller was absurdly huge while the regular ships and fighters were almost nonexistent throughout the whole movie. I think the only ship we saw during the whole movie was a single star destroyer unless you count Millenium Falcon. Such a massive shame since ship designs have always been great in SW.
>>
>>63757550
I wonder if we'll get to see NOTBespin in the next "film"
>>
>>63755468
Also the scene where Poe ducks under his x-wing and pats Finn on the back
>>
IV >= V >> VI >>>> I >= III > VII >> II
You know it's true
>>
File: 1364851954383.jpg (11 KB, 249x249) Image search: [Google]
1364851954383.jpg
11 KB, 249x249
>tfw rey is getting pounded by chewie's furry cock

somehow I dont feel mad about this.

maybe boyega was a decoy and in reality they are trying to push us their bestiality agenda
>>
>>63757598
Definitely, plus it gives something close to a lifesaber fight without a Jedi or sith to kill off at the end of it, as well as giving the stormtroopers a chance instead of just getting sliced and diced in seconds
>>
Good.

Now you fucking assholes can see how much us Star Trek fans suffered for years!
>>
>>63757651

No cucklord

V >>>>> III > IV >>> VII > VI (fuck ewoks) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2

POWER RANKINGS
>>
>>63757617
Did we actually get an original ship in this movie?
>>
>>63756830
>Redditor

>even with a capital R

Nice outing yourself, faggot
>>
>>63755060
It really was as retarded as >>63755158 is saying.

The star gets sucked in as if somehow sucking plasma into itself makes a beam of "Hyperspace light" which is faster than light, can split like torpedoes and hit multiple planets in a solar system on the OTHER SIDE OF THE GALAXY IN MINUTES HOLY SHIT JJ
>>
>>63757651
IV = V > VI > VII = III > I > II
>>
>>63756466

>Then there's the issue of Rey suddenly gaining mad skills with both using the force and lightsaber battle out of fucking nowhere. Yeah, I get it. The force is strong with her or some bullshit. But that was some Mary Sue shit right there

To be fair, Ren was wounded as fuck, he'd been shot with a bowcaster and nailed twice with a lightsaber.
>>
>>63757651
I was so bored half way through VII. III was cheesy and bad dialogue but at least i was engaged. I cared for what was happening. Or maybe i'm just pissed. Dunno. Have to watch VII again i guess to really rank it. Are there any good camrips already?
>>
>>63757709

Don't think we got any original designs in this movie in any category.
>>
File: rakijada.jpg (32 KB, 378x284) Image search: [Google]
rakijada.jpg
32 KB, 378x284
Phantom Menace :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3SUqXQFePE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6oEbuCgL8w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts0b3jtCOho

How is this so good compared the fuck this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7EO5z6cRjg

How did they make the music so bland and unimaginative?!
>>
File: 1450181764780.jpg (301 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450181764780.jpg
301 KB, 699x1211
It's funny how people are actually paying for A New Hope MKII.
>>
>>63757709
Double seat TIE fighters, so original, JJ does it again
>>
>>63757709
The First Order transports, I guess.
>>
File: 1448345316536.jpg (18 KB, 214x265) Image search: [Google]
1448345316536.jpg
18 KB, 214x265
>>63756665
Empire is best Star Wars film
>>
>>63757598
>now
what the shit kind of soldiers don't get any melee training
>>
>>63757709
Upgraded TIE
Old as Fuck Millennium Falcon beating upgraded TIEs
Upraded X-Wings
One Star Destroyer
Star Killer but thats a modified planet not a actual ship.
>>
>>63757683
Guess that's also going to be build up for the next films, maybe we'll have specialized melee troopers, instead of just a regular goon trying to be a hard man.
>>
File: 1426440230422.gif (891 KB, 325x252) Image search: [Google]
1426440230422.gif
891 KB, 325x252
>>63756665
>empire below TFA
Really now
>>
>>63756998

I can only assume its supposed to be a cold war type of situation, like in TOR.
>>
Do you think JJ hates himself for being a man? Why would he make Rey so perfect and better at everything than the men including highly trained force users?
>>
Snoke is Sheev, and Rey is his daughter, that he had with Amidala.

This is the reason when he asked to bring "the girl" to him, it never happened. Because if he saw he he'd know who she was.

Rey is actually going to end up being more evil and awful than anyone ever and Luke will full sudoku over fucking up twice in a row. Kylo Ren will turn into the super awesome damaged by on the mend good guy by the third movie.
>>
File: 1ksLN1s.jpg (3 MB, 4013x2866) Image search: [Google]
1ksLN1s.jpg
3 MB, 4013x2866
>>63757812
It's not a COLD WAR if one side has nukes and the other doesn't.
>>
>>63755773

>Ben sense her father entering the planet, maybe miles away from him.
>He didn't realize that at one point he is 5-10 mts away.
>>
>>63757846
He's done a Lightning and made himself a waifu
>>
>>63756665
kill yourself for the good of humanity
>>
>>63757709
There was the thing Han Solo was flying before he reclaimed the Falcon, and also the thing in which Leia landed on the jungle planet.

Both looked like flying bricks more or less.
It doesn't bode well for the future if Ralph McQuarrie is literally the only person who can design Star Wars ships
>>
>>63757729
Ren could have just used his force powers to push the heck outta her.

At the very least the movie would be better if Finn was using the lightsaber and Rey was using her newly awakened force powers to throw shit at Ren to distract him while Finn tries to kick his ass. The two of them tag teaming against him would have at least made him stay menacing and yet make it plausible how he lost when the land split apart and that would have saved the heroes.
>>
File: 1449938294353.png (1 MB, 968x1350) Image search: [Google]
1449938294353.png
1 MB, 968x1350
>>63752619
The official republican government was secretly funding "the resistance" a group of freedom fighter operating out of First order held space. The first order and the republic had a cold war situation going on so the Republic used the resistance to antagonize them. The same way America funds Freedom fighters in shit hole Arab nations to antagonize Russia.

The First order was able to build the giant death star because they built it within their own territory and they needed to build it so that they could hit Republic targets from home,

The attack on those 5 planets was like space Pearl Harbor.
>>
>>63757846
I think he was more trying to subvert tropes at the beginning on tatooine .2

But she was Mary sue as shit after she got on the Falcon
>>
>>63755773
Christ, I'm embarrassed for Ford here
he's given such otter shite to work with
>>
>>63757875
He does, he gestures that he knows Hans there as he enters the room
>>
>>63757875
That I understand he feels his presence but not the location.
>>
>>63757351
fanfic that's still better than all the shit Disney has churned out :)
>>
>Friendly reminder that Kennedy and Abrams will be so determined not to be accused of creating a "weak" or "outdated" female character that Rey will be without any weaknesses or shortcomings. She'll quip her way from strart to finish, defeating every man in her path with all of the emotion of a robot. Kennedy and Abrams will not understand that a character's bravery and admiribality comes from their vulnerability. They will not understand that a character arc is completely unsatisfying if said character was already an invulnerable mary sue to begin with.

How did I do with my prediction lads? Other than her emotional side, pretty spot on I think.
>>
>>63757863
It's like Reagan's Star Wars program which would've given the USA an unacceptable trump card. :^)
>>
Can we all just talk about how Based Electric Boogaloo Stormtrooper was?

That motherfucker stands infront of someone who then whips out the first proper lightsaber seen in 30 years, not only that, but the famed lightsaber of Luke Skywalker

he proceeds to give ZERO fucks and wail on the fucker with his electric pogo stick.

Regarding that also, this would've been the perfect opportunity to use Phasma at this part. Big brutish chrome stormtrooper with an electric sword smashing cunts in.

Instead she was useless.
>>
File: [Chuckles].jpg (9 KB, 181x182) Image search: [Google]
[Chuckles].jpg
9 KB, 181x182
>>63756944
>>63757059
It's exactly as bullshit as it sounds. They somehow make a beam of energy go faster than light, they say "muh hyperspace lazur" but it's really just because JJ has no fucking clue what he's doing. We see the beam visibly, meaning it isn't hyperspace
>>
>>63757801
Enough training to think 'Dude's got a lightsaber, I can still take him'
>>
>>63757939
Pretty spot on mate. She didn't really quip that often though, but you did good
>>
>>63757939
Definitely spot on

She's basically a force user already. At least Luke was already a great pilot and just got lucky with his bit of force using. He would have been absolutely mangled by Vader, just as Luke-Lite should've been by Vader-Lite. I don't see where it goes downhill for Rey.
>>
>>63755406
that would make no sense that he would then be bff with poe, who killed that dude in the first place
>>
>>63752883
>finn just decides one day "fuck this I don't like killing"

I think he may be force sensitive. There wasn't really a reason for Kylo stare at him. The "awakening" thus is about Rey and Finn both.
>>
>>63757908
See, this arrangment doesn't work.

The Republic and the First Order cannot co-exist. It's not like a 'cold war' scenario, in which mutually assured destruction keeps the peace.

Its a GALATIC war. The fighting would never have stopped until the Rebel alliance destroyed the empire. I can see maybe a compromise regime, but never a full 'split' of the galaxy between Ex-imperial stooges and the Rebel allaince.

Honestly, the entire scenario just seems like a convoluted way of making another Resistance group of rag-tag X-wings take out another Death Star, like in New Hope, then anything else.
>>
>>63757747
Missed the part where Han Solo (Obi-Wan) is a father figure to Kylo Ren (Darth Vader)
>>
>>63757969
I'd just like to remind you people hear ships exploding in space in every SW movie, seeing the laser is rule of cool in the same way
>>
>>63757954
I'm afraid I don't believe that the scene is actually good, but that the scenes preceding it were so crappy that you were just willing to get excited at anything by then.
>>
>>63758016
It will go downhill in 8. She'll run into some actually skilled force user (Kylo was really just an angry manchild) and get her shit pushed in which will in turn force her to actually train properly. This is like storytelling 101
>>
>>63757900
new Imperial shuttles too, these ones have TWO SPIKEY WINGS INSTEAD OF THREE!
>>
Needed more Andy Serkis
>>
>>63758046
A fair point, but it's still bullshit
>>
>>63751571
Thank god i never watched any of the original 6 star wars movies.

I can't imagine how hard i would fucking rage if i was really passionate about the series and i came across one of those deliberate dumb spoilers that are all over 4chan right now.

For those really passionate about star wars who got spoiled before watching the movie, how mad did it make you?
>>
>>63758029
I would like that, to be honest. Let Rey have the bullshit 'chosen one who can already use the force' story and then give Finn a proper arc of training.
>>
>>63757939
You're 100% spot on.

They should have at least shown that she was shit with a lightsaber because she was so scared of touching it the entire movie. At least she was good with force powers but needs a ton of training to become a decent lightsaber user, then have Finn have no force powers but be decent with a light saber.

This would result in the two of them working together just to be as strong as one normal jedi. It would be much more compelling and interesting than REY IS A GIRL SHE IS SO PERFECT CANT SHOW WOMEN BE WEAK YOU KNOW GIRLS HAVE TO BE INSPIRED BY HER PERFECTNESS
>>
>>63751571
>where did the new order get money to build a starkiller

I don't think you realize what a huge hit Blue Monday was
>>
>>63758067
nope. Disney/JJ wanted us to see Kylo as scary and intimidating but fucked it up because they have no idea what they're doing.

It's the same for Snoke: he's a big white orc because that's the best concept they could come up with.
>>
>>63757939
If all three trilogies are supposed to symbolise the rise, fall, and redemption of Anakin, Rey is going to be the incarnate who doesn't fuck up and lose most of their precious midiclorians through lost limbs and fucking bathing in lava, becomes the ultimate entity of the force and tears up shit with no opposition
>>
>>63758120
>I can't imagine how hard i would fucking rage if i was really passionate about the series and i came across one of those deliberate dumb spoilers that are all over 4chan right now.
Whatever you read here just know this

The prequels were worse.
>>
>>63758067
I know that has to actually happen but it's predictable. Luke-Lite will be fighting the Emperor-Lite instead of Vader perhaps
>>
>>63757954
Which brings us to the next point...
Why would a random Trooper conveniently have anti-saber weaponry? Has he read the script? What is that lying on the ground next to him? Is that the script?
>>
>>63756944
Yeah, I dont understand it either.

>turn a planet that absorbs nearby stars and then fires them
>there's only like 2 stars nearby that planet

So what happens after that? Do they just give up and build another star killer at another planet?
>>
>>63758140
10/10
>>
>>63758035
Maybe the war between the empire and the origional rebels ended in a draw. Maybe "the resistance" we see is just Leia trying to rebuild the republic from the ashes the same way the first order is rebuilding the empire.

Fuck it, now im just making excuses for a kids movie, it is stupid.
>>
>>63758120
I instinctively knew it would be bad as soon as I heard there would be a second Death Star. That basically limited it to being a 7/10 movie at best because of the dearth of ideas it implied. I decided on that day to wait for a camrip, so from then on it's just all been comedic to me.
>>
>>63757396
V>VII>IV>VII>III>II>I
>>
>>63757954
This. Motherfucker's got assigned (other) Imperial issue ceramite balls.
>>
>>63758140

10/10 post
>>
>>63758214
oops

* V>VI>IV>VII>III>II>I
>>
>>63757441
Of a disc shaped galaxy
>>
>>63758135
the lightsaber fight is also shit because it is staged and structured in the most bland way imaginable. it's just them fighting in a forest, then fighting in a forest some more. The lightsaber fight from PM shits on it, and I rate ALL the OT fights higher than the PM fight because the plotting is better.
>>
>>63751571
What happened between VI and VII that the republic managed to miss a whole new Sith order type thing rising again?
>>
>>63758207
I think JJ just wanted the good guys to be underdogs but considering how the galaxy was after the rebellion won, it makes no sense that a resistance would exist when the new republic are now the rulers of the galaxy while the First order would be the resistance group against the republic.
>>
>>63758262

Too busy partying. Probably had a massive hangover after as well.
>>
>>63758262
Luke made an academy for new Jedi's, Ben gets turned by Vader / Snoke, kills all the other Jedi students, Luke goes in to hiding thinking it's his fault, there's now no opposition for the sith to rise again
>>
>>63758262
What makes you think that the empire was done for just because they lost two death stars and a Emperor? They still had a large part of the galaxy under their control. They just changed names
>>
>>63758140
Quality
>>
>>63756408
I felt the complete opposite. (I don't remember the names of the planets, sorry) At the beginning of the movie I got tired of the sand planet really quick. I guess I wanted more City-planets, like in the prequels.
>>
>>63758194
I'm not even gonna pretend Abrams actually thought this through but:

The weapon was probably only supposed to be used once or twice, just like the atomic bombs - the USA only had two at the time, but bluffed Japan into thinking there was an entire cartload of them available, and they'd nuke city by city day after day. The First Order was going to force the Republic into unconditional surrender after the first/second round of bombardments - "Or your planets will keep getting blown up by a weapon which you don't know."

Win the war, then have enough resources to build a proper death star again.
>>
>>63756665
>force awakens better than revenge of the sith
>>
>>63758253
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzVBqBosf5w

>yfw this song peaks as Darth Maul activates the 2nd side of his lightsaber

The lighrsaber fights in TFA are all garbage desu, what happened to all the choreography?
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 310x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 310x475
Post yfw you saw how high Luke's fucking ground was
>>
anybody got a clip of the last scene where luke
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.