[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Star Wars is pretty much finished now right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: CWcJfTYVAAALcUU.jpg (760 KB, 2034x1100) Image search: [Google]
CWcJfTYVAAALcUU.jpg
760 KB, 2034x1100
So Star Wars is pretty much finished now right?
>>
>>63749926
BUT I BOUT ALL THOSE PLASTIC TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>63749926
JAR JAR ABRAMS BTFO!
>>
>>63749926

>edgelord blogger's opinion matters

I thought it was great and enjoyed it immensely.
>>
>>63750234
I don't believe you
>>
People are literally forced to like Star Wars otherwise they call you by some names like Racist or other shit
>>
If you sperg out over someone else not liking your manchild movies you have an autism problem
>>
>>63750284
>People are literally forced to like Star Wars otherwise they call you by some names like Racist or other shit
Facebook introduced a PUT A LIGHTSABER ON YOUR PROFILE PHOTO thing.
The last one was PARIS SHOOTING TRAGEDY OH SO SAD.
This is the scope of marketing we are talking here.
Also the movie blows chunks. JJ is a hack
>>
File: labor.png (121 KB, 684x828) Image search: [Google]
labor.png
121 KB, 684x828
It's still 95% fresh you fucking autists and it will never go down below 90%. You faggots have no idea what the Disney machine is capable of.
>>
File: foto_invitado.jpg (51 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
foto_invitado.jpg
51 KB, 300x300
>>63749926
>Carlos Boyero is listed
>He hates the movie

YES

Sad you don't know about him but he's the most salty motherfucker we have here in Spain.
>>
FRIENDLY REMINDER to downvote the movie into oblivion on all major review sites. spread this!
>>
>>63749926
It's just a glib facsimile
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 634x959) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 634x959
who /aglibfacsimile/ here
>>
>all these people too poor to go see it themselves and are butthurt from edgelords dropping spoilers
>>
on the site i use for movies is it from 4.2 to 3.1/5 haha
i suspect it'll jump back up once the franchise slave americans start seeing it though
>>
>>63750395
94% among all critics right now.
91% among Top Critics.

The game is on.
>>
>>63750234
>If you don't like the movie you're an edgelord
hahaha holy shit.
Star Wars fags are delusional.
>>
>>63750600
someone start a thread and just get everyone on /tv/ to downvote it can't be that hard
>>
>A glib facsimile

I'd be willing to bet this guy was excitedly smelling one of his farts as he typed that and considered it a "Review"
>>
>>63749926
>Kate Taylor

She's the worst. She hates everything.
>>
>>63750691
smelling your own farts is patrish af though
>>
>>63749926
You guys excited to see the new two hour long toy commercial- I mean Star Wars?

OH SNAP! OH DANG! GOT EM! THAT'LL SHOW THOSE NERDS WHO ARE NOT REAL NERDS
>>
File: glibpartymask.jpg (88 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
glibpartymask.jpg
88 KB, 1000x1000
we /aglibfacsimile/ now
download your mask
>>
>>63750669
this. someone start a thread it's been done lots of times on here
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 500x375
>>63749926

>Reddit manchildren making death threats and trying to shut down RT because someone didn't like their children's space wizard movie
>>
>>63749926
>finished
All these fucking contrarian normie children trying to pretend the movie was terrible...it's pathetic.

It was a good movie. Not a great one, I don't advocate anyone paying any money to watch it, but it wasn't TERRIBLE like everyone on Facebook and Twitter seems to think
>>
>>63750669
>Random 4channers downvoting movie on Rotten Tomatoes
>Audience meter isn't even active yet
Am I a faggot that has no idea how Rotten Tomatoes works, or is this literally impossible to do as is?
>>
>>63750691
>He thinks the mini-blurbs on RT are reviews

lmao
>>
>>63750761
it's their own fault from all the hype
>>
>>63750429
this is sad, your life is sad anon I'm not even a star wars fan
>>
>>63750826
hello reddit
>>
>>63750756
and 4chan is the bad guy...
>>
>>63750761
Go back to /b/
>>
>>63749926

>Spielberg
>Abrahms

OY VEY GOYIM PAY THE MONEY
>>
>>63749926

No. Avengers 2 got ripped on by everyone yet it still earned around $1.4 billion.

Never under-estimate the economic power of stupid people.
>>
>>63749926
Literally have no idea who any of these people are nor care about their opinions.
>>
File: glib facsimile.jpg (44 KB, 726x408) Image search: [Google]
glib facsimile.jpg
44 KB, 726x408
>>
File: imnbluyhings.png (278 KB, 750x1006) Image search: [Google]
imnbluyhings.png
278 KB, 750x1006
>>63749926
Yea, there's no way it can recover.
>>
>>63751574

But it still underperformed.

Disney spend more on the budget, and it didn't make as much as Avengers 1.

I guarantee you that heads rolled after Avengers 2.
>>
>>63749926
A glib facsimile. Nothing more.
>>
>>63750395
Marvel and capeshit changed things. Forever.
Force Awakens will finish what TDKR started.
Crashing the score with no survivors.
>>
>>63750497

Ask your father.
>>
>>63749926
Its hollywood. This film was always going to be 50% hype and advertisement.
>>
>>63750691

Mine smell like dirty socks today...
>>
>>63750403
By salty you mean laughably unproffesional? The man doesn't give a single shit about film.

>that Under the Skin review in which he talks more about Johansson's tits than the movie itself
>>
File: 1449339614954.gif (580 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1449339614954.gif
580 KB, 480x360
>>63751952

>79 - The Empire Strikes Back
>>
Since I probably won't end up watching it, I want to know one thing. How important is the nigger's role?
>>
That's just the nature of the world we live in now. Everyone has a voice, and when something that's huge, successful, and thoroughly mediocre is criticized by one person, expect the whole mass of the dissenting opinion's underlings to smash you into a fucking wall.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have fun watching the movie, but there's no point getting your fat ass panties in a bunch over someone saying he or she hates something that you like.
>>
>>63752837
It was considered shit and a step down from episode 4 when it released too :^)
>>
File: metacritic.png (90 KB, 644x1077) Image search: [Google]
metacritic.png
90 KB, 644x1077
>>63749926

RUINED FOREVER AM I RIGHT?

For a forum about movies, /tv/ sure is shit at them.
>>
>>63752837

The first act of V is pretty fucking boring. Everything up until Luke actually starts training is dull. Past that point, though, it's GOAT.

IV was pretty intriguing the whole way through; and VI was fucking great with the opening, but sort of slowed down in the middle with the Ewoks... felt like they were just wasting time while Luke and Vader did their dad and son thing.
>>
>>63752963
>niggle

Not sure if racist
>>
>>63752978

The AT-AT attack is boring?
>>
>>63752155
The business side of Hollywood is about managing expectations, these are publicly traded companies after all.

TFA will likely break the US opening weekend record, as the only thing that could really stop it was a snow storm. It has already beaten the standing winter weekend open ($89MM, American Sniper) with pre-sales.

The big question is overseas, especially China. The original trilogy did not impact their domestic market at all, all they really know of Star Wars is the prequels. They hate blacks, you literally need to put in Jackie Chan for them to tolerate a black male lead. A black male romantic lead will not even make it into theaters. This attitude extends to most of Asia.

Box office leads to holiday merchandising sales, which is where the real money is, just ask Lucas.

The flick will make a profit, but Wall Street analysts are expecting Jurassic World/Furious 7 numbers. This is not a sure thing.
>>
Movie isnt even officially out yet and the hype is already fading. Word of mouth will hopefully tank this turd, hard.

I wonder how much $$$ disney spent to promote this movie. It's on every TV channel, on the frontpage of every newspaper, there was an article in a major conservative newspaper here that said 'Star Wars is our new religion'. Not a critical voice to be heard anywhere. I bet Disney even spent promotion money to bully critics into silence.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.