[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/film/ SW Resistance Bunker Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: asd (2).png (198 KB, 426x336) Image search: [Google]
asd (2).png
198 KB, 426x336
Here we discuss films for adults.

>What have you seen lately?
>Did you like it?
>What do you think of other films by that director?
>What are some of your favorite films?
>What are you planning to see next?
>Post your 3x3 if you feel like.

I've recently seen Ballad of a Solider (1959). I liked it.Pretty straightforward love story, powerful anti-war manifiesto. Reminds me of Kalatózov, but evidently not as iconic and memorable.
>>
your thread sucks
>>
>>63749101
Shoot yourself.
>>
>>63749086
>Reminds me of Kalatózov
why?
just because both flicks are soviet-made?
>>
>>63749137
The Cranes Are Flying also consists of a couple divided by war. Both have these kind of misunderstandings result of a chaotic period of confusion. Yes, the fact that tehy are soviet made also helps.
>>
>>63749086
mostly been doing 2015 catch up recently, although i did see the fury and starman, both of which i loved and think are among de palma's and carpenter's best films.

have been trying to see all the 2015 films i missed so i've watched paul vecchiali's white nights on the pier (which is a masterpiece), spike lee's chi-raq (i loved it, but it's really idiosyncratic and definitely not for everyone), ron howard's in the heart of the sea (surprisingly really good, there's stuff lifted straight out of hsel's leviathan which is pretty cool to see in a mainstream hollywood film), pedro costa's horse money (which is more than a masterpiece, and should be essential viewing), sean baker's tangerine (of which i liked parts, especially james ransome's performance, but overall felt that it didn't cohere at all), paul thomas anderson's junun (definitely among his best, and shockingly major for something that seems so obviously minor), bob zemeckis's the walk (has some of the best scenes in any movie this year), and michael almeyreda's experimenter (which is fantastic).
>>
POWAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>63749086

I can't remember last time I watched a good movie
>>
>>63749449
do you have amnesia?
>>
>>63749086
I watched Room which was pretty dope

Also saw Escape From New York for the first time. It went a little slow but the world-building was excellent.
>>
>here we discuss films for adults.
shouldn't have said this.
What's your favorite Star Wars ship?
>>
>>63749449
I'm sorry for you.
>>63749393
I'm late on 2015 too. Is Experimenter that good? Can't help to think about Das Experiment which I didn't really like, but maybe it's just me and they are nothing alike.
>>
File: ImpStarDestroyer-SWI125.jpg (325 KB, 1920x1160) Image search: [Google]
ImpStarDestroyer-SWI125.jpg
325 KB, 1920x1160
>>63749530
This nigga right here
>>
>>63749530
i like tie fighters
i thought the sound design for the falcon's guns were really good in tfa. much more cannon-like than previously
>>
>>63749486
>>63749565

No but whenever I look at the new movies it's capeshit I can't be arsed to watch. If I see another batman/spiderman/antman/pencilman remake I'll shoot up a theater
>>
>>63749565
i think it's pretty damn interesting, and actually a really fun watch. it's nice to see directors willing to be playful, and to not make bland, cookie-cutter "biopics" (which experimenter only is by default)
>>
Sicario is the best movie of 2015
>>
>>63749601
Ikr
>>63749640
Well, it is definitely nice to see a refreshing biopic. Is tiring to see the same formula over and over again.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>63749530

It reminds me of the drawings I used to do of Darth Vader's TIE as a kid, now made reality
>>
>>63749889
what's that? Looks like a pregnant, female tie
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.