[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there ANY part of this movie that's going to be remembered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
Is there ANY part of this movie that's going to be remembered in 6 months, let alone a few years? Even the music is forgettable.

Say what you want about the prequels, but at least they had a standout score and tons of memorable moments.
>>
>a new movie every year for as long as it makes them money
Do you remember iron man 3 unless someone brings it up in some sort of ranking?
>>
>>63746372

You can basically ask that about any blcokbuster released the last 2 years and get the same results.

It's not saying Star Wars should be excused. Its saying "That's the state of Hollywood, deal with it. If you want to bitch, bitch about the state of Hollywood, not Star Wars."
>>
>>63746475
oh shit nigga i've avoided spoilers so long i hope you're joking
>>
>>63746372
Obviously you havent seen it like the rest of the Amerifats on here.
Ive been twice and can say its fucking amazing. Totally stands together with the 1st three films
>>
>>63746475
>>63746483
>>63746518
>star wars fanboys getting mad that their precious franchise has become nothing more than the next Marvel universe cash cow, shitty out generic movies that nobody remembers year after year
>>
>>63746518
>can say its fucking amazing
AKA I have no standards and will change my opinion in a year or two when people start calling it shit
>>
>>63746475
lame and lamer

so a girl who has never touched a lightsaber in her entire life beat a person who has trained with one his whole life???

fucking masturbatory mary sue plotline
>>
no
a typical jj movie

$$$$$$$$

FUCK DISNEY
>>
>>63746560
nah im afraid not, im a lot older than most of you kiddies in here so I was brought up on the originals.
>>
>>63746552
nobody remembers anything from the prequels
>>
>>63746566
She had her memory wiped by luke baka
>>
>>63746597
>>63746560
same fagging this hard
>>
>>63746613
hello disney shill
are you enjoying your stay here?
>>
>>63746642
theres not a single memorable scene from any of the three prequels

you cant prove me wrong
>>
>>63746651
worst bait ever.
>>
>>63746372
The only memorable in the in the prequels is the pod racing scene which was shot for shot stolen from Ben-Hur.

Star Wars has been and will always be shit.

For the record Flash Gordon was a much better Sci-Fantasy movie in terms of acting, direction, script, and sound track than any of the Star Wars films.
>>
>>63746372
It's JUST what I expected, this rehash is nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63746620
That's fucking EU level fan-fiction and you know it.
>>
>>63746620
The movie should stand on it's own. Even Abrams said this. Plus she was like 4 when her memory was wiped.
>>
>>63746613

I remember sheev spinning

and jar jar stepping in the poopie
>>
>>63746515
>come to a thread about plot points of the new Star Wars
>get mad that there are spoilers
Tripfags are so dumb.
>>
the marketing
>>
>>63746515
>avoided spoilers
>posting on literally spoiler central (/tv/)
Tripfags can't be this dumb.
>>
>>63746518

Whoa, let's not go full silly here. I admit the movie is good, and much better than the prequels, but of course its not at the same levels of the first films.
>>
What race is Snape?

He's like 20 feet tall, it was ridiculous.
>>
While a cool movie and all it doesn't feel like a Star Wars movie at all, the cinematographic style is extremely different.
>>
>>
>>63746651
well there's the one where jar jar steps on doo doo
>>
>>63746684
good example
>>
>>63746552
Marvel = capeshit
Star Wars = spaceshit
>>
>>63746725
>sword art
>fractale
>guilty crown
>aldnoah villian of the fucking week zero

Holy shit your taste is fucking garbage and you have no right to bash Star Wars Kek. I love watching anime btw and don't like Star Wars much.
>>
>>63746806
?
Snape is Kylo Ren, the emperor guy is Voldemort.
>>
>>63746372
The shitposting will be always remembered.
>>
>>63746870
no the tall guy is the dude from prometheus. he stole ripleys ship and flew to star wars galaxy.
>>
>>63746806
Snoke? It was a projection you fucknut
>>
>>63746805
>not go full silly here. I adm
This movie can't hold a candle to the prequels...
>>
>>63746725
>Guilty Crown
>Aldnoah Zero
>Complex

This has to be bait...
>>
>>63746372
Music was the biggest letdown after the pottery
>>
>>63746891
lmfao
>>
>>63746372
- the spoiler part
- bretty good combat scenes
- Poe being supreme leader badass
- Kylos freakouts
>>
>>63747065
>Kylos freakouts
while watching him going full self damaging emo I always thought "I hope the Imperial Insurance Company pays for this"
>>
>>63746424
I don't even remember Avengers 2
>>
It was middle of the road, like literally all of JJ's movies for me. I'll probably remember this slightly more than the Star Trek movie but only because I'm a lot more into Star Wars than Star Trek.

Harrison Ford was easily the best part of the movie for me, kind of like how Leonard Nimoy was by far the best part of the Star Trek movie.
>>
>>63746372
Does anyone remember anything from his Star Trek movies? No. Ergo, vis a vis, systemic anomaly, the answer to your question is irrevocably no.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.