[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so horribly wrong? Luke is now the most powerful jedi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: return-jedi-star-wars.jpg (111 KB, 1214x538) Image search: [Google]
return-jedi-star-wars.jpg
111 KB, 1214x538
What went so horribly wrong?

Luke is now the most powerful jedi alive and he is dedicated to the light side
Han and Leia are in a loving relationship and are ready to start a family
The empire is decisively defeated
All the red light saber wielding bad guys have been defeated and balance has been restored to the force
>>
No one bothered to form a new government and a new regime.
>>
>>63745213
space ISIS
>>
Return of the Jedi was retconned out of existence. Its the only way a sequel set after it makes any sense.
>>
>>63745213
>someone spoke out about Luke being too touchy with the younglings at the temple
>R2 went into low power mode to avoid giving evidence
>Leia got fat after child birth
>Han starting banging space sluts while 'on mission'
>Kylo was a victim of Luke and touching antics
>obviously he was damaged so went and fucked up the temple
>Luke went into hiding to avoid angry parents and Kylo
>>
They should never have made sequels after Jedi the story was over.
>>
>>63745213
JJ just wanted to make the Tumblr version of episode IV.
His script is garbage.
>>
>>63745213
I'm guessing there was more to the empire then simply the second Deathstar. Luke failed trying to revive the Jedi order.

>>63745303
Yea pretty much this. But the franchise is simply too valuable to just drop it.
>>
"We destroyed the Death star, the galaxy is free" never made sense, anyway.
The cold war on earth lasted almost 50 years, and that's just one planet.
A bipolar galaxy with two superpowers makes sense.
The Resistance are proxy forces of the Republic.
>>
>>63745344
The death star was there to keep the local governors in line.
When it was gone, the local governors took over and I guess splintered the empire.
The New First Order wants to use the Death Planet to rebuild the Empire
>>
>>63745385
Also, yin and yang.
One part of the galaxy is dark with a part of it in light, and the other part being light with a part of it being dark.
It rhymes.
>>
What about other galaxies? Are there any EU stories about the unexplored parts of the universe?
>>
File: alien-turtle.jpg (91 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
alien-turtle.jpg
91 KB, 400x533
>>63745213
>>63745303
They should have made the movie be at least 100 years after RotJ when everyone in OP's pic is already dead.

Enough with the Skywalkers. Just let them have a happy ending and let someone else in the future have their story.
Instead, they fucking soiled the ending of RotJ.

Fuck you Abrams.
>>
>>63745385
Yeah but the First Order building an over-sized sun sucking Death Star is alike ISIS developing a nuclear satellite. Not only managing to garner the resources and accomplishing a greater feat of engineering than the Empire ever did but keeping the New Republic's armed forces away during the construction.
>>
Star Wars worked on the standard fantasy 3 part structure. Those stories never have follow ups that are as interesting as the original, classic story.

everything about any sequel gets compared to the original and suddenly you have to elaborate on the happily ever afters because for some reason no one can realize that the characters are only interesting for so long. So they have to make new drama and shit.
>>
>>63745505
insectoid space jihadists from China live there, the Yuuzhan Vong. Don't look it up, it's the worst part of the EU.
>>
>>63745844
I liked what was after the Yuuzhan for some reasons. Darth Krayt and the entirety of legacy were pretty cool.
>>
>>63745644

You got that wrong, the rebels are the ones who are actually ISIS.
>>
>>63745213
>No Wedge or Nein Numb
>Bunch of shitty Ewok extras
>>
File: sheevspin.gif (938 KB, 298x214) Image search: [Google]
sheevspin.gif
938 KB, 298x214
Nobody had the high ground
>>
>>63746322
This shit blew me away as a 10 year old in theaters.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.