[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok, seeing this tonight yeah I've seen the webm How bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: forceawakens.jpg (1 MB, 1458x2160) Image search: [Google]
forceawakens.jpg
1 MB, 1458x2160
Ok, seeing this tonight yeah I've seen the webm

How bad is it? Is it Into Darkness level bad? Battle of the Five Armies level bad?
>>
Its Force Awakens bad
>>
Honestly it's not that bad.
As a SW movie, here is where I would rank it:

5 > 6 > 3 > 7 > 4 > 1 > 2
>>
5 > 7 > 3 > 6 > 4 > 1 > 2

Take off your nostalgia goggles you pathetic fucks.
>>
>The Phantom Menace is bad
>>
>>63744626
>New Hope is third worst
Actually pretty good bait
>>
it's about the same level as Into Darkness

what's up with the part with the monster loose in the ship? that was like prequel level bad.
>>
Like all JJ films, it's enjoyable while you watch it, then 10 minutes you realize half of the stuff didn't make any fucking sense. Constant plot re-hashing annoyed the shit out of me and i don't even care about SW that much, so if you love original then it might piss you off

I'd day it's slightly better than ID, way better than Hobbit
>>
IT'S HORRIBLE BECAUSE A NEGRO IS IN IT REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
if you aren't autistic you will like it. it's pretty good
>>
>>63744626
>>63744598

>anything being worsrle than I
>anything worse than being served that pile of shit after years of waiting
>3 is somehow good

get fucked
>>
>>63744858
>>anything being worsrle than I

nice meme
>>
You won't get real answers from real /tv/ posters yet. This hoard is full of 15 year old tourists right now
>>
It's fucking awful. Don't pay to see it.
>>
>>63744568

>into darkness

except that was good.
>>
2>1>3>7>1>6>5
>>
5>4>7>6>3>1>2
>>
>>63744568
5>4>7>3>6>1>2
I liked it, but it lasts for a long time and the movie plays it safe (goes by the standard Star Wars formula)
>>
>>63744626
I support this
>>
>>63745009
sorry, meant 5>4>7>6>3>1>2
>>
>>63744626
5 > 7 > 3 > 6 > 4 > 2 > 1
>>
V > III > IV > I > VI > II > VII
>>
>>63744568
Why the fuck are you faggots so contrarian? Battle of Five Armies and Into Darkness where both very good.
>>
>>63744598
>6 better than 4
kek
>>
>>63744626
>Take off your nostalgia goggles you pathetic fucks
That is fucking hilarious coming from someone that had 5 at the top
>the rest of the rankings
Wait you don't even have your own taste lmao
>>
>>63745113

Into Darkness was 4/10 fucking mess of a film, incredibly poorly written and just a rehash of prior Star Trek.

Battle of the Five Armies is legitimately the worst film I've ever seen in Cinemas, and that includes Grown Ups and the Transformers films. It was slapped together in three months by a coke addled Hackson and is just a complete CGI shitfest.
>>
>>63744626
It is you that wears nostalgia goggles if you think TFA can stand on it's own as a good SW film. A glib facsimile has no place tacked on the end of the SW saga, fuck Disney.
>>
>>63745143
5 is objectively the best out of all the Star Wars movie.
>>
why all folks love episode 5? is it for the "I'm your father" scene?

6 > 5 > 3 > 7 > 4 > 2 > 1
>>
File: 1382195784716.png (430 KB, 675x475) Image search: [Google]
1382195784716.png
430 KB, 675x475
>>63745113
sorry not all of us are cinematically illiterate imdb rejects mate
>>
>>63745252

4 is better, Empire is pretty good but it ends on a cliffhanger that leads into a bad film and the Yoda stuff really drags.
>>
>>63745255
>6 > 5

l

>3 > 7

o

>2 > 1

l
>>
Above 6, but if you're heavy on the anti-SJW side probably rock bottom. The female lead was pretty much like the hobbit elf girl. No flaws, miraculously good at everything, don't need no dwarf/storm trooper, etc.
>>
>>63744961
Hello Reddit
>>
>>63745280
go to bed george
>>
>>63745255
Yoda is the most iconic character in a franchise full of iconic characters.

Also best lightsaber fight.
>>
>>63745113
You are not even IMDB tier faggot.
>>
The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".

I feel neutral about the series overall, and honestly don't care about trolling or contrarianism. Here are my sincere rankings:

1. "Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones"
2. "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace"
3. "Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith"
4. "Star Wars"
5. "The Empire Strikes Back"
6. "Return of the Jedi"
8. "The Force Awakens"
>>
File: 1446255657301.jpg (19 KB, 640x619) Image search: [Google]
1446255657301.jpg
19 KB, 640x619
>>63744961
>>
>>63745218
>Into Darkness was 4/10 fucking mess of a film
I don't even know how can somebody think that. It was throughly enjoyable.

>Battle of the Five Armies is legitimately the worst film I've ever seen in Cinemas
That's not possible unless you see few movies. There's much, much worse shit out there. The movie was enjoyable as well. I wasn't thinking OH GOD THIS IS TERRIBLE like a faggot. It had some great moments.
>>
5>4>7>6>3>2>1
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.