[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All I want to know is if Star Wars VII is bad enough to justify
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: 960.jpg (119 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
119 KB, 960x540
All I want to know is if Star Wars VII is bad enough to justify another Plinkett Review.
>>
God, I hope not.
>it's bad because I don't like it
>rape joke
>this character sucks because he didn't do what I think he should have
>this movie sucks because I say so
>I have girls held captive in my basement

How the absolute fuck did /tv/ ever grow to like that shit?
>>
>>63743910
No probably he won't. Even if he would it will be probably like star trek (2009) review.
Also am i the only goy who thought the movie felt too much like Star Trek (2009) ?
>>
>>63743962
It's not even about hating the prequels. I just like his reviews. They are comfy. Also it's kinda nice for an introduction into film making.
>>
>>63744088
Kill yourself my man. Plinkett is trash.
>>
>>63743963
Maybe because it was directed by the same guy who rebooted Trek?
>>
>>63743910
in a way, yes. there's a lot of dumb stuff to make jokes about, a lot of inconsistencies and holes.

but it's still an enjoyable movie - like star trek 2009 was - so it probably would be more of a "at least this isnt the fucking prequels" thing
>>
>>63744295
Are you the guy who spams that review of plinket reviews?
>>
>>63744531
Are you referring to the Coca Cola Claw Fish?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yzTSuOkZeE
>>
>>63744572
"BLADE FIFTEY SEVEN ACH ARE SEE CHANGED MY LIFE FOREVER"
>>
He already did a plinkett review of Star Trek 2009.
>>
>>63743910

It will get a plinkett review, it just won't be that negative

Maybe it'll be like the titanic where he shows both sides of the argument, he'll make fun of how safe it was because disney wanted money but he'll also praise all of the good things about it and how much better than the prequels it was
>>
>>63744572
As a matter of fact I am.
>>
>>63744609
He's already cutting in on the marketing angle. Maybe he'll do a "where the magic was lost" or "George Lucas might be a hack, but he had heart".
>>
>>63744609
This. There no way Mike isn't reviewing this movie, he'd be a fool if he didn't.
>>
>>63743910
Just for the multiple scenes of john ooga booga sweating and shouting and breathing heavy yes it is
>>
>>63744572
my god this is the most autistic person i think ive ever come across on the internet
>>
>>63744680

Finn is actually an endearing character
>>
>>63743910
Haven't seen it, but since it sounds like it really was a glib facsimile, and that's what made it shit more than anything else, that'll probably give Plinkett enough review material just from comparison shots alone.
>>
>>63744693

let's be real, he's up there but he's not as bad as chris chan
>>
"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" was the most disappointing thing since "Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi".
>>
>>63744721
>let's be real, he's up there but he's not as bad as chris chan

Have you seen his devianart?
>>
>>63744572
Is this satire?
Holy shit
>>
>>63743910
It's not. Have you seen JJ's films? They're forgettable, but enjoyable blockbusters, nothing else. And that's exactly what episode VII is, there are some stupid parts/wonky character, but nothing infuriating
>>
>>63744572
What the fuck is wrong with this guy?
>>
>>63744793

I've seen some of it
but you do realise that chris chan literally went to jail over sonic's arm's being changed to blue right? and he had a taint piercing that he only gave up on when it was infected a second time? colo claw fish isn't that tier yet
>>
>>63743910
Just got home from the matinee.

Nah, it was basically what Mike and Jay predicted it would be. Ep. VII is a by the numbers, Disney manufactured, fun for the whole family, hodgepodge of space wars stuff.

It's pretty much a forgettable, middle-of-the-road movie. If it didn't have the SW name attached to it, no one would've cared for this movie. It certainly doesn't have the charm of the originals.

...Although, it doesn't have the cringe of the prequels either. They won't touch this movie with Plinkett. More likely, Mike and Rich will take a victory lap on their predictions during the next HitB.
>>
>>63744893
> Mike and Rich will take a victory lap on their predictions during the next HitB
On a scale of 1 to 10, how accurate were them?
>>
>>63744572
wew lad
>>
>>63743910
It doesn't haveto be bad for that. Mike doesn't think Star Trek '09 and Titanic are bad
>>
I hate these guys. They anger me.
>>
>>63744572
Is it possible to be a double virgin?
>>
>>63744721
okay maybe not the most autistic V has that market covered by people like chris. but he certainly seems above average. to make a video trying to refute plinkett point by point
>>
I have a feeling TFA is much worse than people are letting on. You have to remember that europoors almost always bid up a movie, much higher than it's worth.
>>
>>63744938
6-7 i'd say? They guessed a lot of major plot points, but it was the stuff that majority of fans predicted as well. Not even "fan theories" just straight up easy first guesses. EP VII is basically a safe type of fanboy fanfiction
>>
>>63745029
Nah you just really want it to fail for whatever reason. None of the reviews are saying its the greatest movie of the last decade or w/e just a pretty good star wars movie
>>
>>63745000
His refute is longer than the actual review or the movie. But the longest shit reviews I've seen were done by Spoony I think, but I just skimmed through it. He was just on some guys couch talking nonsense I believe.
>>
>>63744635
>"George Lucas might be a hack, but he had heart".
Lolno. He seriously despises Lucas and thinks he's nothing more than a shallow, soulless businessman. And he's right.
>>
>>63743910
>bad enough
Why would it have to be bad? He gave the Abram's Star Trek a decent review, and it was just as good as the Prequel reviews.
>>
>>63744938
Can't put a number to it but you can tally it up if you like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oifhpT0HZ7Q (Note that some of their predictions isn't confirmed, but neither is denied.)
>>
Is Star Wars 7 worse than Indiana Jones 4?
>>
Are there Plinkett reviews of the JJ Star Trek films?
>>
>>63745046
Thought as much, thanks.
>>
>>63745056
>despises Lucas and thinks he's nothing more than a shallow, soulless businessman
He hates that Lucas allowed himself to become that. Mike still loves the OT and the pre-KOTCS Indiana Jones
>>
>>63745077
No and Indiana Jones 4 isn't bad you memester redditor
>>
>>63745089
The first one, and he did a short video on the second.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-17-02-54-23.png (199 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-17-02-54-23.png
199 KB, 480x800
>>63743910
Here you can watch cam rips on ted limon periscope page
>>
>>63745029
it has a bunch of flaws and some really weak character stuff, but i didn't find it as bad as Into Darkness for example, it's serviceable, but not something that i'll want to re-watch. I guess real SW fans who were hyped for a new cool movie might be hurtby it tho, i expected a safe Disney movie and that's exactly what it was
>>
Has anyone met Mike, Jay, or Rich IRL?

I live within a 50 mile radius of them and it's only a matter of time that I see one buying groceries or something. I'd approach Jay or Rich because they seem nice, but I feel like Mike would just tell me to fuck off.
>>
>>63745115
Wtf is this shit anon
>>
>>63745056
To be honest for a second. If Lucas walked into the door of their studio and shook hands with them they'll drop spaghetti pretty hard. It's just fanboy anger.
>>
>>63744938

The biggest things they get wrong are assuming the planet was tatooine and that luke has much of a direct part in it. some of the other specifics were wrong, a bunch were right as was the general notion that it was going to be a safe plot that borrows from the original trilogy
>>
>>63745136
Do you usually travel 50 miles away to buy your groceries?
>>
>>63745136
>50 miles
>see them buying groceries
Where do you live that you have only one store in a 50km radius?
>>
>>63745029

I'd go so far as to say the opposite, it's better than /tv/ is meming about it being bad
>>
>>63745136
>population: 599,164
Yeah it's only a matter a time when so few people live in Milwaukee!
>>
>>63745171
Yes. I live in a semi-rural place.

>>63745172
A podunk town called Greenwoods.
>>
>>63745065
They hated Into Darkness though and ep VII has some moment reminiscent of that, like when characters do something incredibly stupid that doesn't make any sense, but movie just streamlines past it, giving you a sense that it was a right move.

Don't think they're going to like plot re-hashing either, but overall it's not as bad as Star Trek, at least they don't assasinate decades-long character development
>>
>>63745136
I live 5 miles away and I've never seen them. Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>63745158
They also predicted that Finn was a rebel spy
>>
>>63745136
You need to go up to Mike and go "I'm Rick James, bitch!"
Just to confuse him.
>>
>>63745217
I don't even live in America and I've met them. Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>63744572
>Spends the first 5 minutes explaining why the Cola Claw Fish is his avatar
wut
>>
>>63744844
Oh yeah, he's in another tier of his own, still, i just found this guy, but just reading some of the things he wrote, it makes me think he could rival chris someday.
>>
>>63744295

Kek that contrarianism. His criticisms are usually valid and does a good job deconstructing the movies
>>
>>63745220
Why else would he have a stormtrooper suit in the middle of nowhere

fucking spergs on /tv/ got it right (although the overestimated the cuckiness of the movie)
>>
>>63745226
>>63745136
You should kill and eat rich evans to gain his powers
>>
>>63745220

That was wrong, though
everyone thought finn was going to be disguised as a stormtrooper but the movie actually played it straight as finn being an actual stormtrooper who turns good.
>>
Do Finn and Rey hook up, or are they going for like a brother/sister, really-good-friends thing?
>>
>>63745261
I recently rewatched it and he does have a lot of good points, but he's giving the trilogy shit about legitimate stuff. Like taking every single dialogue line out of context to shit about it for easy laughs.
>>
>>63745333
Yeah I definitely have a problem with comedy videos trying to inject comedy.
>>
>>63745322

finn is implied to have romantic interest in her (there's a throwaway line near the start where he jokingly asks if she has a boyfriend) and rey kisses his forehead at the end when he's unconscious after fighting kylo
>>
>>63745322
Where do you think you are
>>
>>63745322
First one
>>
>>63745333

What scenes does he take out of context?
The only part where I didn't really agree with plinkett was the whole bet not making sense thing in TPM. I followed the scene fine and didn't find it anywhere near as confusing as he made it out to be
>>
>>63745136
I met Mike and Jay at a con a while ago, I went with my girlfriend. When we approached them Mike looked at me then at my girlfriend and said "The fuck you doing with this stupid fag? Get with this dick or get raped you whore."

I was completely shocked and didn't know if he was joking so I stood in silence just not sure of what to say. Then a voice was heard from behind him "Oh Mike you found another goofball?"

"Yeah Jay, this one looks like a complete dick head, his girlfriend is pretty banging though, I'd fuck her asshole."

"Oh yeah, maybe we should fill his girlfriend's ass with goofballs so she'd know how much of a goofball he is."

Right at that moment Mike jumped on my girlfriend and pulled her pants down. I tried to stop him but Jay jumped on me and held me down he started whispering in my ear, "She's going to get the goofballs and you ain't going to do nothing about it!" I watched in horror as my girlfriend stared me in the eyes. Mike undressed her and rammed his fingers up her ass, she was trying to scream but Mike just kept pushing her head down. Mike looked at me and mouthed the word "Goofball."

It was like a silent movie. I watched as Mike then proceeded to pull out his testicles and forcibly push them into her anus with his hands. Jay who was still holding me down, started to squeal into my ear, "She's getting the goofballs!" He started to twist my nipple as far as it could go, and I could feel blood trickling from it onto my shirt. I felt what I can assume was Jays boner pushing into my back... I blacked out.
>>
>>63745428
I saw Mike at a grocery store in Milwaukee yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”

I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
>>
File: 1447864723005.gif (438 KB, 239x200) Image search: [Google]
1447864723005.gif
438 KB, 239x200
>>63745428
>Mike looked at me and mouthed the word "Goofball."

every time
>>
>>63745428

isn't goofball left over from the game grumps version of the copypasta?
>>
He's going to tear it a new asshole for being a remake of ANH.
>>
>So Mike, would you recommend Star Wars: the Force Awakens?
>>
>>63745557
You don't honestly believe he's gong to "tear it a new asshole" do you? Have you ever seen an RLM video?
>>
i don't think it is. i really liked it.
>>
>>63743910
Yes, it is bad. But it's reddit bad, there is a chance that redditlettermedia won't see it as a bad movie.
>>
>>63745557

Going by their prediction video, Rich might do that but mike seemed fine with that being likely
>>
>>63744295
fuck off colo claw fish
>>
>>63745651
>>63745557
From all I learned about these guys so far they probably will do something entirely different just because people want them to do a review.
>>
Things I didn't like

The new aliens
They all look like burn victims or something and are not creative

The names
I don't even remember the name of the Snape guy and he's my favorite character, it feels like they used a random fantasy name generator or something

The soundtrack
It was more a mood setter than actual music, I don't remember any interesting musical motif like in the other movies

The scenery
The cinematographic style is very different from the other Star Wars, while the older ones look a lot like theatre plays with characters in beautiful and spacious sets pacing around dramatically and camera angles showing their full body expressions, the new movie is more "in your face" and focuses more on facial expressions and dramatic tridimensionality in the angles.

Rey
Lacked emotion and depth, her defeating Snape so easily was kinda odd but I guess that's part of the set up for Darth Vader 2.0's quest for more power.

But overall a pretty good movie desu
>>
>>63743910
>the first skit in the plinkett review is shots from A new Hope, but he uses the force awakens names

I can already tell this one is going to be a classic.
>>
>>63744572
But he's right on everything.

Plinket is the type of fan Disney wanted and Lucas hated. Someone who wanted things to be the same. Who thought Star Wars was about Han Solo, X-Wings and Millennium Falcons not the story of Anakin Skywalker or the Fall of the Republic.
>>
My main issue with the Pinkett reviews is how he thinks certain character motivations are poorly written because they're not completely logical. Like Anakin not turning in Palpatine after his little Darth Plageius speech. Anakin has been forever haunted by his inability to save people (well he should've been, but the prequels aren't very well written) so hearing about the dark side and its power to save and create life would be enough for him to hold off on it. It's not like he hadn't shown shades of the dark side before.
>>
>>63745866

snape was pretty beat up by that point, he had been hit by chewy's gun that had no trouble flinging stormtroopers across the room to their death
>>
>>63746064
>well he should've been, but the prequels aren't very well written

This is where your argument falls apart
>>
>>63744572
>Plinkett is a
>Grumpy Grudge
Every time.
>>
>>63746064
But I reckon the sequels won't be well written either. Aren't there a million plotholes in TFA already? I hope Mike gets his fanboy autism triggered.
>>
>>63746165
I bet without any recoil right?
>>
>>63743963
The way the camera is always moving and is inside the action is very similar to Star Trek 09. If you didnt like the action in that movie you wont like the new Star Wars, its absoloutely plastered with it. The camera never sits still and takes in a scene, its always cutting to something else or moving in some way.
>>
>>63745144
Topo Chico means small mole

and he's a mole for giving away the movie for free

le pottery
>>
>>63746221

it's a scifi laser gun, what do you want?
>>
remember when the Episode 3 review was stickied on /tv/?
>>
>>63744088
>>63743962
Plinkett is hilarious and accurate about most if not all his contentions.
How did I ever get convinced the prequels were anything beyond shit?
>>
>>63745322
finn is friendzoned at the end before rey goes to see luke skyman
>i hope i will see you again, my friend
>>
>>63746311
It would be nice if it just made holes. Maybe a dude trips once in a while, but no guys flying through the room being hit by a blast unless it's a grenade.

inbf the bowcaster shoots plasma grenades
>>
File: never doubting pol again.jpg (87 KB, 960x732) Image search: [Google]
never doubting pol again.jpg
87 KB, 960x732
>>63743910
mmm,will Plinkett review work for this ?
I really hope we get one but can Plinkett be able to do what he does best in this SJW day and age?
still gonna wait for the no nigger edit anyway but the only thing most of /tv/ is looking forward to is this review.
>>
>>63745136
Mike strikes me as more apporachable than Rich desu
>>
>>63746221
>>63746311
yeah, what do you you want faggot? haha you wanna run off to your mommy, i bet she haha. why dont you go tell mommy to make some pancakes for that, you fucking idiot. don't ever badmouth movies again, you hear me or else you will. i fucking hate faggots like you who never know when to. shut the hell up. what's wrong with you are you? fuckhead. hope you get. fucking dumb nuts.
>>
>>63746041
No one cares about the Galactic Senate, you fag.

It's a Space Adventure with magical monks fighting pseudo-Nazis. That's the good stuff, not some bullshit about embargos and the legislation needed to order clone armies.
>>
>>63746041
>But he's right on everything.
Not really he's rationalizing legitimate criticisms of the prequels.

>Plinket is the type of fan Disney wanted and Lucas hated. Someone who wanted things to be the same. Who thought Star Wars was about Han Solo, X-Wings and Millennium Falcons not the story of Anakin Skywalker or the Fall of the Republic.
The Plinket reviews mostly concern themselves the plot and writing of these films, and while that type of fan likely actually does exist, and is likely being pandered to with the new one, it doesn't justify the prequels' myriad flaws.
>>
>>63743962
Plinkett levels well thought out and accurate criticism at the prequels. You'd be overtly contrarian to completely ignore his points.
>>
>>63743962
>getting upset by rape jokes

hello reddit
>>
i can't wait to let them tell me what to think about it
>>
File: 1448953374086.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1448953374086.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>63743962
>rape joke
>>
>>63746596
Lucas himself agrees with you though.
>>
>>63746809
>>63746848
strawman

he meant that the rape jokes are hacky and overdone
>>
File: 1449931728010.jpg (21 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1449931728010.jpg
21 KB, 600x400
>>63746926
>not liking rape jokes
>>
>>63746926
Not saying you're wrong, but it's not really a Strawman, if the guy didn't bother to clarify what he means by ">rape joke"
>>
File: 1386791798179.jpg (76 KB, 400x389) Image search: [Google]
1386791798179.jpg
76 KB, 400x389
>>63746926
>hating rape jokes
>hating rape
>>
>>63746949
>>63746965
>>63746982
DUDE LETS GO DOWN TO MY BASEMENT LMAO
>>
File: 1438882269358.png (2 MB, 1011x917) Image search: [Google]
1438882269358.png
2 MB, 1011x917
>>63746926
just fuck off back to reddit where you be a lot happier with your kind?
not sure why you people come here to start with really.
>>
File: 1447907202715.jpg (43 KB, 800x929) Image search: [Google]
1447907202715.jpg
43 KB, 800x929
>>63746596
The point went over your head.
>>63746698
>legitimate criticisms of the prequels.
That he effortlessly picked apart. Did you know watch the damn thing? Did you not watch Plinkett review of TPM? Did you watch or listen to any interview Lucas has given or the behind the scenes of the PT?
>likely being pandered to with the new one
It's outright stated by the head of the story group and Lucas himself.
>"We wanted to make a film for the fans"
Kathleen, JJ and Lucas said this. The entire marketing has catered to fans like Mike and Peg who hated the prequels and identified with the OT. Look a the barrage of commercials. It's nothing but OT.
>prequels' myriad flaws
Like? Please give me at least 5 flaws you think hamper the trilogy?
>>
>>63747018
fuck off back to reddit with le funny basement man

they probably think it's a riot
>>
File: gb2reddit.gif (2 MB, 237x240) Image search: [Google]
gb2reddit.gif
2 MB, 237x240
>>63747005
triggered, are ya?
>>
>>63746596
Exact opposite of what Lucas said is Star Wars.
>“People don’t actually realize it’s actually a soap opera and it’s all about family problems — it’s not about spaceships.

AKA the man who created it knows it better than some autistic manbitch. Doesn't matter Disney is going to run Star Wars into the ground.
>>
>>63747059
reddit letter media has always been reddit territory

you were never welcome here
>>
File: 1449653000415.jpg (38 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1449653000415.jpg
38 KB, 500x300
>>63747048
ok then m8, stay here:)
you might want to be a bit more subtle in the future if you really want to bait next time.
>>
>>63747029
i'm sorry for your autism
>>
File: stfu yoda.jpg (49 KB, 469x460) Image search: [Google]
stfu yoda.jpg
49 KB, 469x460
>>63743962
What a humorless cunt you are.

You're the type of faggot that hates Plinkett because you know he's right, hes humorous and witty but you can't show any appreciation for it because you have 1000s of dollars wasted on "collectables".
You're probably one of those faggots with a Star Wars Rebel™ tattoo on your body.
>>
>>63747018
>$14k to paint crosswalks into rainbows
What?
I mean I get the sentiment, but wouldn't it have made more sense to pain something that doesn't get drived on/walked on all day? Something that will actually keep its colour for a little while?
Maybe a rainbow stripped lamp pole every crossing or something?
>>
>>63747110
DUDE WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FACE LMAO
>>
>>63747029
It really is colo claw fish!
>>
Why would anyone care about a fucking Youtube-reviewer?

>Hey guys, Chris-chan didn't like this movie! Wow!
This is your way of thinking. You care about someone on Youtube and his opinions.
>>
File: 1389861035200.jpg (34 KB, 313x313) Image search: [Google]
1389861035200.jpg
34 KB, 313x313
>>63747138
that is what you took from that pic?
the cost of the paint blew my fucking mind when I first saw it.
6 colours, so each tin of paint would cost about 2k each with an extra 3 k left over...I would love to get that job and respect to the faggot whoever they were that got the contract.
>>
>>63746926
>rape jokes are overdone

What universe do you live in?
>>
>>63747254
Says the faggot who gets upset over people liking something.

Just end yourself, relieve yourself of all this pain and anger.
>>
>>63747271
In the universe of RLM, retard

rape jokes can be funny, but they lose their humor once you tell one every 30 seconds
>>
>>63747260
Well I'm assuming there was more than one side walk. Probably the entire city got re-painted.
(Haven't seen the original story, so if this really is the only crossing they painted... Now that would be something.)
>>
File: 9de.jpg (47 KB, 597x600) Image search: [Google]
9de.jpg
47 KB, 597x600
>>63747153
are we forcing you to watch the reviews and stopping you from going back to reddit somehow?
I hopw you stay and learn but it maybe too late for you.
>>
>>63747301
Says the faggot who gets upset over people not liking something

Literally the worst fanbase in history. Nothing of value would be lost if they died in a freak directing accident for one of their shitty movies and you faggots were scattered
>>
>>63747059
Not that poster, but I hated the basement/rape /pizza rolls stuff because it was dumb. I skipped over those parts because Mike should stick to criticism and not lame attempts at surreal/absurd humor
>>
>>63747301
Hi, Chris chan! Did you like the movie, I can't wait to hear your opinion!
>>
>>63747332
you can watch the reviews over at reddit, and post funny quotes from the videos with your fellow redditors
>>
File: blastingoffagain.gif (752 KB, 499x364) Image search: [Google]
blastingoffagain.gif
752 KB, 499x364
>>63747332
And you came so close too.
>>
File: 1300053698_a18287ad86.jpg (191 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
1300053698_a18287ad86.jpg
191 KB, 500x493
>>63747331
nah m8,14 fucking grand for that crossing.working for the goverment is the biggest scam ever if they can get away with stuff like this.
was not even a very good paint job either and the rainbow is not in order of the song....god fucking damn that triggers me.
>>
OMG WOW THE LATEST CHRIS CHAN REVIEW IS OUT!!!111!!!!

I can't wait to watch it! He will decide what I should think!
>>
>>63747482
Are you having fun there, f a m? I hope you are, because if not all your shitposting is incredibly pathetic.
>>
>>63744088
Shaun pls go.
>>
File: 1387860097306.jpg (200 KB, 651x976) Image search: [Google]
1387860097306.jpg
200 KB, 651x976
>>63747375
please tell us more about reddit.
>>63747393
I let myself down
I let my family down
but more imprtantly I let you down with that roll....
>>
>>63747437
Oh wow. And I thought supreme leader Orbán was bad with his family business in quarrying and spending all the government's money on building new stadiums we don't need out of stone, big enough to house bigger teams than we ever had, rebuild bridges out of stone, rebuild roads out of stone, and rebuild 30+ old castles and forts out of stone that maybe have a wall or two left standing.

14k for just a single crossing though puts things in perspective.
We're normal!
>>
File: 1449089427675.jpg (607 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
1449089427675.jpg
607 KB, 1200x1500
>>63747362
meh.it is part of the character and breaks up the constant bashing of Lucas.
gotta take the good with the bad or whatever that bob ross artist dude said.
>>
File: 1360245329983.jpg (67 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
1360245329983.jpg
67 KB, 630x420
>>63747600
the cost of 3 death stars is justifiable when you really think about what us humans do when you think about it.
>>
>>63745261
>His criticisms are usually valid and does a good job deconstructing the movies
HAH. His reviews are garbage and only serve as entertainment value, for whomever might find them funny. If you honestly think they're valid you might be a tad bit retarded.
Some guy wrote a 100 page rebuttal to the phantom menace review going through every point and complaint, minute by minute. The man you praised as a genius ebin reviewer is nothing more than a phony.
I'd highly recommend it
>>
>>63747362
Its a parody of the kind of people that look that hard at movies. That they are basement dwelling creeps that eat pizza rolls and kidnap women because they cant get laid otherwise. If he did the reviews with just his normal voice and nothing of the Plinket character it would lose most of its appeal. There are better reviews out there if you dont want entertainment from the reviewer and just straight to the nit picking.
>>
>>63747702
>tfw Star Wars is grounded in realism
>>
>>63746926
>mad about rape jokes
>arguing about strawmen like this is a Formal Debate on an Internet Forum

i want reddit to leave
>>
>>63747802
so do i, when are you leaving? please take your rlm buddies with you
>>
>>63747744
Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>63747744
>Some guy wrote a 100 page rebuttal to the phantom menace review going through every point and complaint
come on bubby. we both know every single real attempted rebuttal to the plinkett reviews has been horseshit written by autistic prequel fan boys who believe in the ring theory. i read a few of his points from that 100 page rebuttal and it was as bullshit as i expected.
>>
>>63747831
http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-fan-writes-108page-rebuttal-red-letter-medias-phantom-menace-review/

notice the assmad rlm cockgobblers in the comments section

he absolutely destroyed any semblance of credibility those reviews might have had. most rlm fans wont bother to read it because they don't want to ruin the illusion
>>
>>63743910
it's weird, there is something weird and lame in the way the movie flows... but still a nice watch at the cinema to spend an evening with friends
>>
>>63747860
come back to me when you've refuted his entire rebuttal, bubby
>>
>>63747926
i'm not that autistic, sorry. i know you're just shitposting and don't actually care about it anyway. if you did, you would have checked if the download link to rebuttal still works
>>
>>63748005
It's out there somewhere, I can pull it up if you're interested.
>>
>>63743962
>Getting triggered by rape jokes
9/10 people enjoy gang bangs.
>>
File: 1354813862.jpg (152 KB, 675x833) Image search: [Google]
1354813862.jpg
152 KB, 675x833
>>63747827
this board needs IDs more than /b/ ever did.
your posts are pretty easy to see through the thread but it would be nice to see it was all you .
>>
>>63748035
nope. like i said, i read a few points, and it was clear that the rebuttal is just gonna be made out of speculation and nothing concrete that actually showed up in the movie. i'm not wasting time i could be using to shitpost memes on reading that drivel.
>>
>>63748120
do you want usernames too?
>>
>>63748159
>i read a few points

which points? if you're going to criticize it you should at least be more specific.
>>
File: 1389177957944 (1).jpg (77 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
1389177957944 (1).jpg
77 KB, 500x456
>>63748165
for each thread? sure why not,it would help actual real discussion and stop faggots like you from fagging up threads like on/pol
if it can work on that board it should work everywhere else too.
>>
>>63748225
you say you want actual real discussion but you only bitch about wanting it
>>
somebody spoiled the death of han to jay on twitter apparently
>>
>>63748283

?
>>
File: spookyride_zpsd4166c8a.png (1 MB, 441x603) Image search: [Google]
spookyride_zpsd4166c8a.png
1 MB, 441x603
Is mike okay?
>>
File: 1384726586538.jpg (251 KB, 818x1040) Image search: [Google]
1384726586538.jpg
251 KB, 818x1040
>>63748202
it's been a while, but i remember in particular one of the first ones was something like
>plinkett: anakin isn't the main character because he shows up like 45 minutes into the movie
>WRONG. anakin shows up exactly *32* minutes into the movie!
oh baby now that is some good rebutting. can't wait to read more of this autistic shit. no thank you
>>
>>63748376
Not surprised you're taking it out of context. Either that or you forgot what he wrote/didn't bother to read past it. He explained that he was going to be as precise and explicit as possible for the sake of accuracy. You're making it seem like that alone was his point.
>>
>>63744605
That was before he discovered he could churn out best of the worst type of shit with no script and no effort.
>>
>>63748489
what was his other point then?
>>
File: 1438890384863.png (447 KB, 799x780) Image search: [Google]
1438890384863.png
447 KB, 799x780
>>63748225
not even that anon but
IDs would make it a lot easier to spot redditors like you.
if you don't like the thread just fuck off back to reddit really, no need to shit this place up any more.
>>63748333
good fucking question,is he secluded somewhere in carbonite to protect him?
>>
>try to discuss the star wars series as a whole with a friend
>le prequels are le bad le not canon lel darth vader so cool xd

This kind of fan ruined Star Wars far more than the prequels could ever do.
>>
>>63748376
Was Anakin even supposed to be the main character? I was under the impression the prequels were more about Obi-Wan than anything else.
>>
>>63748509
What do you mean? His comment about anakin showing up 32 minutes in isn't a point in and of itself, I've already explained that. There's 100 pages of "other points" to go through.
>>
>>63748610
oh god, just fuck off.
>>
>>63748634
Suck dick, faggot.
>>
File: 1354542878142.png (259 KB, 610x450) Image search: [Google]
1354542878142.png
259 KB, 610x450
>>63748523
le le le and lel and XD in the same fucking post... FUCK OFF BACK TO REDDIT.
ironic or not just go and stay gone.
>>
>>63748650
>frogposter calling anyone else reddit

Bet you showed up in 2014
>>
>>63748650
?
It's not irony, it's making fun of memefans' way of thinking.
You are stupid.
>>
File: 1423768135577.jpg (1 MB, 600x1672) Image search: [Google]
1423768135577.jpg
1 MB, 600x1672
>>63748634
hehe,you lost a petty argument and resort to that?
at least try next time?
anon explained why you were wrong and you gave up after 1 rebuttal... you are truly lost reddit,it is down the hall to the left.
>>
>>63745158
The planet may as well be fucking called tatooine 2
>>
>>63747111
>>63747155
>ask for legitimate criticism
>get memes

This is why no one on 4chan takes /tv/ seriously. Even /r9k/ has more legitimacy than you.
>>
File: qui gon.jpg (41 KB, 850x560) Image search: [Google]
qui gon.jpg
41 KB, 850x560
Qui-Gon is calm and patient when dealing with
others, and he believes in the people he takes under his wing. He quickly saw Anakin's
potential and believed that the boy would go on to do great things. His faith in Anakin
was so strong that he trusted the boy to win the podrace and save the mission.

Qui-Gon's personality is frequently juxtaposed with Obi-Wan's. Despite his relatively
small part in TPM, many of Obi-Wan's scenes were used to reinforce a consistent
portrayal of his personality. And that personality is a bit more uptight and critical, in
ironic contrast to his older mentor. Obi-Wan is focused on business, while his mentor
has a soft spot for helping people that they encounter along the way. For example, ObiWan
wanted to leave Jar Jar behind (with Gungans who would "punish" him) as soon
as the Jedi acquired a needed submarine, stating "Master, we are short on time."
Qui-Gon wouldn't have it though, and went out of his way to save the annoying and
useless Jar Jar. This comes up again later in the movie. When Qui-Gon went back to
pick up Anakin after winning the hyperdrive generator that they needed to fix their ship,
Obi-Wan asked "Why do I sense we've picked up another pathetic life form?" The
message is clear: Qui-Gon is compassionate, and is willing to take on additional
burdens in order to help others.
Qui-Gon was also clearly portrayed as a free-minded maverick, while Obi-Wan was
more conservative, by the book, and submissive toward authorities. This portrayal
started as early as the movie's first few minutes, when the Jedi were waiting to begin
their negotiations with the Trade Federation. Obi-Wan brings up an old lesson of
Master Yoda's, to "be mindful of the future." Qui-Gon reminds his pupil that it
shouldn't come "at the expense of the moment," and that Obi-Wan should "be
mindful of the living Force." So right away we saw Obi-Wan rather simplistically
falling back on a teacher's old lesson, which Qui-Gon knew the limits of.
>>
File: 1401573597472.jpg (459 KB, 1954x2194) Image search: [Google]
1401573597472.jpg
459 KB, 1954x2194
>>63748686
I prefer the term" frogblogger" but "le" just really pisses me off,fuck knows when or how it started but it just gets to me.
been around since abatab spam/pre capture I think but not sure why anyone would be proud of wasting their lives on this place
>>
File: jinn.jpg (14 KB, 236x330) Image search: [Google]
jinn.jpg
14 KB, 236x330
Sensing the
future implies meditation and far off thinking, removed from the actual world in front of
you ("the moment," or "the living Force"). Qui-Gon was shown as someone who saw
things for what they were, while Obi-Wan and the other Jedi seemed distant in
comparison.
Qui-Gon's differences with the rest of the Jedi Order didn't end there. Of all the Jedi, he
was the only one who believed in Anakin (which goes back to his fundamental trait,
which is his trusting nature) and wasn't deterred by the boy's age or natural feelings of
fear and detachment, things which led the other Jedi to reject him right in accordance
with their doctrines and traditions. Qui-Gon didn't care about the old doctrines though.
He stood up for what he believed, and insisted on training Anakin. On the other hand,
Obi-Wan said "Do not defy the Council Master, not again." He also tells his mentor
"If you would just follow the code you would be on the Council," implying that QuiGon
is an equal to his superiors on the Council, but that they have kept him down
because he wouldn't follow along with what they've said. None of this swayed Qui-Gon,
who answered "I shall do what I must."
Later in the movie, on Naboo, Obi-Wan eventually apologizes for questioning his
mentor's judgment. Not because he thought that Qui-Gon was right, but because "it's
not my place to disagree with you." Rather than rub it in or assert his authority, QuiGon
simply smiled and praised his apprentice. That's...completely different from the
way that Obi-Wan would handle his disputes with Anakin in AOTC. Remember QuiGon,
Obi-Wan, and the Jedi Council's portrayals as described in this section. TPM laid
a lot of groundwork, and all of this stuff cuts to the thematic core of the Star Wars saga.
All of this will also come up later, in my response to Stoklasa's review.
>>
File: queen.jpg (194 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
queen.jpg
194 KB, 1920x816
Queen Amidala's turn. For the next minute, RLM's group of amateur actors pretend that
they can't think of anything to say about Amidala. Just like they did with Qui-Gon. If it
wasn't an act, then these people were either oblivious, or they didn't put any effort into
this. Not because Padmé Amidala is an example of an expertly handled character, but
because it's not exactly a tall order to come up with a single thing to describe her. So
as I did with Qui-Gon, I'm going to have to refute the extreme and exaggerated claims
that Padmé was an inhuman blank slate.
It's far too easy to dismiss her as such though, based on her stone face and rigidly
formal speech while in her Queen Amidala identity. I mean, just look at her:
>>
File: padme.jpg (42 KB, 350x478) Image search: [Google]
padme.jpg
42 KB, 350x478
She's like a mannequin, or a creepy living doll. No personality whatsoever...if you think
that's the entirety of her characterization, in total defiance of how she acted outside of
her identity as the queen, then you aren't thinking this through at all. The question
everyone should ask themselves is "Why would anyone ever choose to dress and act
like this?" We know Padmé acts differently, and can actually express emotion and
crack a smile when the makeup is off. The truth is that she feels trapped in her role as
the queen. Why else would she put on so many awkward dresses and paint her face in
ghostly makeup?
Not long after the Trade Federation's invasion, Darth Sidious its leaders that "Queen
Amidala is young and naive," and that they will "find controlling her will not be
difficult." In Star Wars, being young means being controlled and jerked around by
various authority figures, both good-intentioned and manipulative. Anakin was a slave,
and Luke was a farm boy with a cautious and fearful uncle who kept him from going out
and seeing the world (or galaxy, in his case). In Padmé's case, she was the Queen of
Naboo, forced (or believing herself forced) to live under all of the responsibilities,
constraints, and formalities that come with that role.
The caged little princess is not a new or unusual idea in fiction. It repeatedly shows up
among Disney princesses. Those characters tend to deal with their constraints by
sneaking out and seeking adventure and new experiences. And that's exactly what
Padmé does in TPM, while posing as a mere handmaiden. When Qui-Gon sets off
toward the city on Tatooine, Padmé gets her security guard Captain Panaka to convince
Qui-Gon to take her along, not knowing that she is the actual queen.
Captain Panaka: "The Queen wishes it. She's curious about the planet."
>>
File: 1404536038059.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1404536038059.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>>63748923
>>63748878
what the fuck is this? is some twat reviewing another review?
fuck this gay earth
>>
I can't wait! Chris chan is BASED and his movie reviews are spot on!
Please watch his videos and subscribe!

This post is not written by Chris chan himself, this is NOT shilling! If you don't like the Chris chan reviews you need to go back to reddit!
>>
File: amidala.jpg (153 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
amidala.jpg
153 KB, 800x600
Padmé was curious, because as had been clearly stated before, she's young and
inexperienced. Seeing Tatooine (as well as Coruscant later) is eye-opening
experiences for her, and she's exposed to things that she had never seen during her
sheltered life on Naboo. Things such as slavery and dirty politics. But it's during and
after her trip to Tatooine where we see bits of the real Padmé. She's sweet and caring,
looking out for Anakin and comforting the boy.
Padmé was easily the most inexperienced and least qualified of the movie's significant
characters, aside from Jar Jar. Even Anakin, the only character younger than her,
possessed more skills and had seen more of the real world than her (never mind his
supernatural powers). But even though she was unable to handle her job, Padmé
nonetheless took her duties very seriously. The tremendous responsibilities weighing
down on her, as how much it tore her up inside, were shown by occasional moments of
sadness. What does Padmé do when the Trade Federation's invasion army marches
into her city? She sadly stares out the window, helpless:
Now you can say that that reaction was dictated by the events, and that feeling sad
about an invasion doesn't exactly set you apart. Which is true. However, it should be
noted that Padmé is the only one of the movie's main characters to be shown reacting
like that. And her helplessness was shown more than once. On Tatooine, she argued
that "the Queen will not approve" more than once during disagreements with QuiGon,
to no avail. Even Qui-Gon, the nicest and most trusting adult hero in the movie,
didn't think much of the Queen or Padmé's opinions. Later on Coruscant, during the
nomination process for a new Chancellor and with the fate of her world up in the air, all
Padmé can do is forlornly stare out a window (again) and wait.
>>
File: 14318091757930.jpg (45 KB, 544x760) Image search: [Google]
14318091757930.jpg
45 KB, 544x760
But it is on Coruscant where Padmé begins to take control of the situation. Tired of
waiting for the corrupt and useless Senate to act, she decides to go back to Naboo
herself in an effort to save her people. And on Naboo itself, she finally casts off the
queen and handmaiden disguises that she had been weighing her down. Without the
makeup and costumes, she's finally free to be the person that she's capable of being.
And it's this Padmé who makes the plans that the other heroes all go by. She's the one
who leads the successful attack on the palace, capturing the Trade Federation Viceroy.
So despite not being the movie's central character, Padmé does have a little arc of her
own. She goes from scared and overwhelmed girl, with a strong sense of her duties but
an inability to meet them, to a leader who takes charge of the situation. Her success, as
well as Anakin's, highlight the movie's themes about young people overcoming their
fears to pursue their potential.
Now I'm going to go outside the scope of TPM in the next couple of paragraphs, and
talk about AOTC, since I doubt I'll ever get anyone to read a lengthy analysis of Padmé
Amidala again. But seeing AOTC after TPM, I was relatively impressed with how the
older Padmé tied into her younger self. In AOTC, Padmé repeatedly turns away help
and seeks to be independent and self-sufficient. She leads the anti-militarization faction
in the Senate. She initially refuses the Jedi's protection after the assassination attempt
against her, and insists on making all of the security decisions (instead of Anakin, her
assigned bodyguard) later on Naboo. She's also the one who takes charge and decides
to save Obi-Wan, when Anakin had been reluctant to go because of strict orders from
the Jedi Council. During the arena scene, did she rely on the Anakin and Obi-Wan to
save her? No. While the two Jedi were still chained up, Padmé used a hidden lock pick
to free herself.
>>
File: 1439871568390.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1439871568390.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
These are things that I would expect from an older, more independent woman, who had
long since learned that she couldn't rely on others. But in AOTC, she still retains the
serious devotion to duty that she had in the first movie, going so far as to cite that as the
reason why she couldn't be with Anakin. Obi-Wan brings it up as well during the final
battle. When Padmé falls from a ship and onto the desert, Anakin wants to give up their
pursuit of Count Dooku in order to attend to her. Obi-Wan convinces Anakin to keep on
going, making him admit if Padmé were in his position, "She would do her duty."
So when people call Padmé a perfect little goody two-shoes, I think they're being
simplistic. Padmé is someone with a strong sense of service, which she does her best
to perform. But she's also sad, carrying the distrust and feelings of isolation that had
been ingrained into her by the troubles of her youth.
None of this long analysis is meant to "prove" that Padmé is a great character who you
must love, or that she was even as "good" as the characters in the original trilogy.
However, one could argue that she's deeper than quite a few original trilogy characters.
At the very least, she can be described far beyond the biased and simplistic claims of
the RLM review, which equates her with nothing.
>>
File: Deano-mite.jpg (22 KB, 400x274) Image search: [Google]
Deano-mite.jpg
22 KB, 400x274
>>63749005
>Why else would she put on so many awkward dresses and paint her face in ghostly makeup?
>Guy thinks that royalty could get away with this kind of bullshit attire if it wasn't exactly what the planet's tradition demanded of them.
Also:
>The truth is that she feels trapped in her role as the queen.
>Because when I conveniently get out of my gig as queen through some confusingly handled reason, I too would pick up being a senator with even greater responsibilities, and more information to shift through dealing with the ongoings of the entire Republic, if I felt trapped in my role as basically some who-gives-a-shit governing figure on a planet no one heard of before.

Seriously, this is hilarious.
"I shall refute the idea that these characters don't have anything memorable about them, by pointing out character elements in a few paragraphs, but hold on until then, I definitely have to first talk about how appalled I am that people don't remember this, instead of getting on with my point."

One of the many virtues of the Plinkett Reviews is that they get done with calling everyone morons in a single line, or by direct demonstration of the source material, instead of ranting like a kid.
>>
>>63749112
being royalty at the top and actually being a Queen was holding her back ...yeah that makes no fucking sense m8.
check your something something darkside priv.
>>
>>63749178
>>63749185
and here come the rlm fuckboys
>>
>>63748878
>>63748923
>>63748982
>>63749005
>>63749065
>>63749112
colo go back to deviantart
>>
>>63749178
that might be why the autist... when we stop calling them nerds?
are there any reaction videos of them watching the plinkett reviews and going crazy?
why am I trying to get in to the minds of these people is the wierd thing.
>>
>>63746041
It's a scifi B movie you fucking autist, nobody cares about "the story of Anakin Skywalker or the Fall of the Republic."

Are you one of those massive faggots who thought the EU was anything other than a retarded baby's first Star Trek?
>>
File: 145022476265308.jpg (6 KB, 108x203) Image search: [Google]
145022476265308.jpg
6 KB, 108x203
>>63749292
colo go back to reddit, or literally any other website in existence where people bash the prequels

/tv/ is a contrarian board, and we defend the prequels
>>
>>63745158
Even in the description under the video they corrected the Tatooine gaff and straight up said "We were wrong, it's Jakku"
>>
File: 1369198241808.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1369198241808.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>63749264
are you trying to defend starwars/plinkett/reddit or what? I have no fucking idea what you are trying to say here.
>>
They liked Abrams Star Trek movies. They don't actually have taste.
>>
>>63749379
If you bash the prequels, like literally 99% of people in existence, then you're normie scum and should probably go back to >>>/reddit/
>>
>>63749391
They didn't like Into Darkness
>>
Just a reminder that these "people" liked TDKR.
That's right. They liked it.
>>
File: Will You Be My Neighbour.jpg (497 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
Will You Be My Neighbour.jpg
497 KB, 1280x1280
>>63749264
Hey, Deano-mite guy here:
Look, I actually respect the amount of effort and thought you put into this, and I can sympathise with you wanting to demonstrate your opinion.

The fact of the matter though, is that this counter-review is way to hostile, and way too dense (no pun intended, really). And agressively spamming a thread with it is not going to help sway anyone's opinions

Understand that the Plinkett reviews are meant to be taken with a bag of salt. They're not meant as personal attacks on anyone who enjoy the prequels, and I think it was stated before by the RLM people that they actually don't mind if people like these movies. They're just picking apart why the movies didn't work. And that's the key here.
A film can be however deep you want it to be, and at the same time not work. I could tell you about how deep A.I.: Artificial Intelligence was, but the fact of the matter is, it's presented in a way that its point does not come through.

Sure, there are faggots, especially here who will get militant about it and call you a bitch for liking these movies, but 1) here it's kind of the norm and you shouldn't take it seriously, and 2) if they're really the kind of faggots who will not leave you alone for the simple fact that you like something they don't? Who gives a shit about their opinion anyway?

So basically: This dissection you posted? Not really bullet proof, and way to verbose. I don't have anything against you, or your view. But it's like the prequels. If it's presented in a way that does not work, it discourages people from bothering to look at what is under it, and removes from its value.

Hope you can see where I'm coming from in that perspective, and have a nice day.
>>
does he actually look like that? fucking disgusting. hate his voice too. whats the fucking point of an hour and a half review
>>
>>63749546
i don't like the cut of your jib
>>
Anybody have a link to that 108 page rebuttal someone made for their review of episode 1?
>>
>>63749546
a review reviewing a review of another review ...the internet was a good idea to start with but jesus christ this is a whole new level of fucked up.
>>
>>63749613
download is near the bottom, 2mb

http://thestarwarstrilogy.com/starwars/post/2014/09/03/The-108-page-rebuttal-to-Mr-Plinketts-Phantom-Menace-review
>>
>>63749616
It's more like a comment on a rebuttal to a review of a thing.
That existed all the way back when newspapers started including reader mail near the end.
>>
>>63749675
Thanks. I always thought it raised some good points about RLM's shortcomings as critics.
>>
>rape jokes
It's content irrelevant to the review that idiots seem to focus on more than his critique, which makes them look like fucking morons when they attempt to present it as evidence as to why he's wrong.

tl;dr bait for sjws
>>
>>63749591
That's fine neighbour.
I don't like your lack of dubs.
>>
File: 1370440857585.gif (285 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
1370440857585.gif
285 KB, 300x100
>>63749740
No you fucking cunt,you can not critic another critic as that does not work,sure you can make your own review but if you do not agree with something just read it once and forget about it...nigger just close your eye and turn off the screen.
>>
>>63749740
He acknowledges that the reviews are meant to be mostly comedy, so he clarifies that the rebuttal is directed at people who take it as legit criticism.
>>
>>63749837
Sure you can, it's called a rebuttal.
>>
>>63749351
>memes and shitposting

Call me when you're serious
>>
File: 1404438438075.gif (2 MB, 375x211) Image search: [Google]
1404438438075.gif
2 MB, 375x211
>>63749794
sorry bro I think you dropped these.
>>
>Implying we'll ever get a Plinkett review again because Half in the Bag does all the new movies and Best of the Worst does all the old ones.
>>
>>63744572
1 hour 44 minutes of utter basement dwelling idiocy.
>>
File: Wake Up Aniki.png (226 KB, 468x345) Image search: [Google]
Wake Up Aniki.png
226 KB, 468x345
>>63749911
>99
>11
>Dubs for both of us.
Thank you Aniki.
>>
File: 1363351336036.gif (1018 KB, 268x158) Image search: [Google]
1363351336036.gif
1018 KB, 268x158
>>63749941
I miss billy :(
>>
>>63744572
I can't believe a person actually made a video like this... holy fuck grow up
>>
>>63744572
Kek I love how this triggered all the RLM drones

He's not wrong, you know
>>
>>63743962
>rape joke
>I have girls held captive in my basement

nice meme, sounded like a real angry, landwhale cunt from the legbeard site
>>
>>63749859
even if you "rebutted" every single point about plot inconsistencies and character flaws (which you can't) in the RLM review, it doesn't change the fact that from a technical perspective, and from a performance perspective, the prequels are fucking dogshit movies. The writing is fucking horrendous and every single film is a confused, disjointed mess.

I can't believe the star wars shitposting has led some of you to actually defend the fucking star wars prequels. Please re-evaluate your lives.
>>
>>63750231
>being an autistic loser fanboi

how pathetic
>>
>>63746926
>>63747827
>>63747005
>>63747362

>Oh shit I can't say I got triggered by rape jokes! Let me vaguely say they were "l-lame" and "d-dumb" so people will think it's just a normal opionion and not mah butthurt!!!

I'm really glad you are just pretending to be a hambeast, you do a good job on it.
>>
>>63748225
>>63748120

>redditors got so triggered by not turning this place into a hugbox they are now samefagging and falseflagging on /tv/ to ask for it

So that's what your shitposting was for, landwhale.
>>
File: 1398152141213.gif (2 MB, 290x191) Image search: [Google]
1398152141213.gif
2 MB, 290x191
>>63751334
I am /tv/ and speak for the board.
We are waiting for the Plinkett review then some sheevposting.
these are truly the dark times where we must endure and be patient,trust the force.
>>
File: 1366549830401.gif (3 MB, 350x192) Image search: [Google]
1366549830401.gif
3 MB, 350x192
>>63751498
IDs or a starwars board is the only answer at this point.
I don't think you know what you are talking about but then again I know nothing of reddit so I bow to your experience on the matter.
down the hall to the left redditfriend:)
>>
>>63751334
>even if you "rebutted" every single point about plot inconsistencies and character flaws (which you can't)
kek, the rlmcuck is real. the rebuttal BTFO the reviews out of the fucking water.
listen, no one cares if you find them funny, but when you start to push them as masterful film critique then people are going to start getting annoyed. eventually what you get is 108 pages explaining why you're full of shit. you can still enjoy the reviews for their comedic value.
>>
>>63751501
/tv/ is a contrarian board, we defend the prequels. if you want to bash the prequels like every other normie perhaps this is not the place for you.
>>
>>63751382
the only one who's triggered here is you, buddy

>people don't like my favorite youtube channel so they must be tumblrinas
fuck outta here fuckface
>>
>>63751618
>no one cares if you find them funny

I care because those reviews made a lot of anons laugh and brought joy to the world,I remember a post about anakin hating sand even before he was a padawan talking about it getting it stuck in his shoes/eyes/whatever and that was why he snapped and started forcechoking his pregnant wife... you can not simply discredit something that made so many people happy.
>>
>>63743910
No. He will probably do it anyway.
>>
>>63743910
Its not bad. Its just not good either. It is literally a completely average forgettable movie.
>>
>>63751714
>I care because those reviews made a lot of anons laugh and brought joy to the world
kek calm down mary poppins

>you can not simply discredit something that made so many people happy
you mean just like RLM does?
not even mad that they do, their critique is fair game for anyone.

Holy shit, is this what RLM fans turn into when their favorite pseudo reviewers are criticized? Bunch of fucking babies
>>
This is all pretty spot-on though. Qui-Gon is one of the best characters in the saga, he just has some shitty lines like everybody else.
>>
Oh yes.

Yes it is.
>>
>>63751815
He's also the main character of TPM.

Seriously though, how can people enjoy the plinkett reviews?

>"Describe Qui Gon Jinn"

>Retarded quirkygirl: "Uhh, who's Qui Gon? xDD"
>>
File: 1450319064648.png (128 KB, 460x734) Image search: [Google]
1450319064648.png
128 KB, 460x734
>>63743910
Reminder that there's an ENTIRE BLOG dedicated to defending the Star Wars prequels.

https://starwarsprequelappreciationsociety.wordpress.com
>>
File: 1403429539807.gif (2 MB, 390x215) Image search: [Google]
1403429539807.gif
2 MB, 390x215
>>63751783
why do you hate the RLM reviews so much? is it because he made something that a lot of people likes after the devastation of our childhood?
maybe it was that cartharhis thing for us or maybe you just don't like fun? but what makes you post 20 obvious posts about it?
>>
>>63751981
it's patrician
>>
File: 1353585067767.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1353585067767.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>63751898
he never gets respect for that either.kinda genius how he did that,never claimed anything good or bad or one way or another and just let the watcher think about it.
not many reviewers give that oppotunity.
>>
>>63744572
/tv/'s CWC
>>
>>63752032
i could ask you the same thing, why do you hate the prequels so much? It was the "devastation of your childhood"? Give me a fucking break.
I don't hate the reviews, I just think they're overrated. I always thought they were overrated, but I didn't realize just how mediocre (in terms of critique) they are until I read the 108 page rebuttal.
>>
>>63751898
Nah, TPM doesn't have really have a strong main character. Qui-Gon is probably the closest thing, or "the Jedi," but Mike is right that they aren't really strong enough to clearly identify with. That's a fair criticism. I don't think that any movie necessarily NEEDS to but it would undeniably make the movie less dense and the movie is VERY dense. It's very much an ensemble type of thing, you've got several different plots and perspectives and they're all meant to intersect and resonate and have implications for everything that follows, even in the OT. But that's not as easy to follow in a movie that is already asking you to accept a lot of weird things. It helps to have a grounded main character to follow along with. So while Qui-Gon is a strong character on par with Kenobi or Han in ANH he's not strong enough to carry that emotional weight the story needs, which is sort of delegated to Padme and Anakin.

This is an example of the good criticism in the Plinkett reviews. People don't like to get that detailed though, they prefer to take the sensational and exaggerated comedy and just sum it all up as shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.