[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>John Boyega announced as Star Wars main cast in April 2014
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 11
File: boyega_sp.jpg (24 KB, 718x402) Image search: [Google]
boyega_sp.jpg
24 KB, 718x402
>John Boyega announced as Star Wars main cast in April 2014
>/tv/ spends one and a half years losing their shit about "a nigger being cast in muh star wars"
>he actually turns out to be a well-written and well-acted character, definitely the best of the new cast

How does that make you feel?
>>
>definitely the best of the new cast
That's Adam Driver.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>best of the new cast

better than ridley for sure, but my boi oscar?
>>
I hope he fucks Rey, he deserves it after doing all that shit
>>
>>63742338
please tell me this is a meme you can hate niggers all you want but finn was the best new character by far kylo ren was aids literally an edgy teen.
>>
>well written

only compared to rey, who learns to jedi mind trick without training and fucking destroys kylo with no training.

what a stupid piece of shit flick.
>>
>>63742368
Poe=Finn>BB8>Cux>Phasma>>>>>>>Shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rey>>>>Kylo Ren

Poe feels like he could be in the OT, Finn should have been the main character since his story is much more interesting than Rey's, and Rey is a fucking Mary Sue of galatic proportions.

Kylo is the shittitest villain the series has ever had, and the fact that Luke goes into hiding because of him is a disrespect to the OT
>>
>>63742342

Oscar was great but severely underused

>crashes with Finn on the planet
>doesn't show up again until the final assault on starkiller base
>>
>>63742291
Gotta gree with OP but not in this
Oscar Isaac, man, cmon.
>>
>>63742469

And yet they all paled in comparison to this guy.
>>
>>63742342
this, dameron is GOAT but he better be more prevalent in the next movie. wasted potential desu
>>
>>63742291
He's too much comic relief and it could have done without some "ghetto lingo" moments he had
>>
>>63742368
>indoctrinated from childhood
>acts like he joined up last week
>causally slaughters all of his former comrades without batting an eye
>well written
no
>>
>>63742676

He is the new Han Solo basically.

Only reason he wasnt in this one that much was because Ford is in it
>>
>>63742342
Oscar could've been like 3 different noname characters and movie would've been exactly the same, his character had 0 personality
>>
>>63742741
He's just a mary sue version of Wedge
>>
>>63742338

Finn, Poe and Kylo all based as fuck. Definitely Adam Driver the best though.
>>
>>63742725
boyega and him working together in the beginning was the best part of the movie imo. good synergy, felt pretty star wars and isaac is charismatic as fuck.
>>
>>63742725
Gotta agree with this guy. The little we saw him in the Bar-assault or whatever with the Eyes-alien was pretty damn cool. Him swooping in the sky blasting those TIE-fighters
>>
>>63742621

actually wasn't as bad as it seemed in the various webms, pretty fucking cool how he smacks finn across the battlefield too
>>
>>63742825
>/tv/ spends one and a half years losing their shit about "a nigger being cast in muh star wars"
>/tv/
you mean /pol/
>>
>>63742897

>implying there's a difference nowadays
>>
File: 1449609966344.jpg (49 KB, 341x455) Image search: [Google]
1449609966344.jpg
49 KB, 341x455
>>63742365
Guys he has a tripcode
>>
>>63742291
>TSUJ TIER
Luke

>GREAT TIER
Poe
Finn
BB8

>BIG GUY TIER
snoke

>EDGY BUT HAS POTENTIAL TIER
Ben 'kylo ren' solo

>WASTED POTENTIAL TIER
Phasma
Hux

>MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT TIER
Rey

>COCAINE TIER
leia

>DEAD MAN WALKING TIER
Han Solo
>>
>well written

Hahahahahaha. From someone who has actually seen the film;

>ugly and sweats in every scene
>asks Rey about her "cute boyfriend"
>develops a conscious in the opening minutes - with literally zero set up, so his arc from stormtrooper to hero literally begins with him being a great guy
>constantly yelling over the top of every action piece
>"woohoo!"
>>
Anyone else bugged about the way he singled out Rey's minor little scuffle and started running towards it to invtervene?

The blocking of the scene made it look like it happened way away from him. And he certainly didn't seem very interested in helping anyone but himself until halfway into the film when he had his 'change of heart'
>>
>>63742291
what movie were you watching faggot
hes terrible
so Adam Driver
so is the Girl
only Oscar Isaac was good
but not good enough to carry the steaming shitheap of a movie

>blublublu you evil raycists
fuck off tumblr
>>
NOW THAT IS A DAMN GOOD PILOT!
>>
File: starwars.jpg (190 KB, 1276x2174) Image search: [Google]
starwars.jpg
190 KB, 1276x2174
>mfw all the spoilers I read were true
>>
>>63742469
>Cux
My sides are in fucking orbit
>>
>>63742291
best of the new cast is Oscar Isaac as expected. He did wonders with little screen time he got.
>>
>>63743085
If I was the director I'd have Finn meet Rey because he is desperate for water. After no alien there giving him any he runs into Rey who doesn't have much water left herself, but ends up giving him a sip.
>>
>>63742338
Seconded
>>
File: vin-diesel-furious-7-4.jpg (54 KB, 1200x609) Image search: [Google]
vin-diesel-furious-7-4.jpg
54 KB, 1200x609
>>63742291
thinking people here are serious about anything
>>
>>63743085
Oh and trying to brush off BB-8 before being insistant with returning it to the rebel base was an example of excellent incentives on Reys part was it? What even were her motivations for fighting the first order or doing anything in this film at all?
>>
>>63743025
>Finn is badly written because he is ugly and sweats.
>>
>>63742291
>Before TFA came out
Dat Nigger is da worst!

>After TFA came out
Dat Bitch is da worst!

/tv/ is weird and almost allways JUST wrong.
>>
>>63743246
>what is casting
>>
>>63743288
i've always liked boyega. i thought i'd enjoy his performance and i did. i'm happy he was included.

i'm less impressed with rey. daisy ridley seems whatever, but the character is OP in a boring way. they made her far too strong far too fast.
>>
>>63743288
The girl was a dull, subdued and boring kind of bad. The guy was an in your face, trying way too hard to seem 'funny' kind of bad.

Literally a light side and a dark side of shitty acting.
>>
>>63742291
>he actually turns out to be a well-written and well-acted character, definitely the best of the new cast
Why such low quality b8? Poe is the best by far, too bad he's White-ish cis gender male so not enough screen time for him. Even Ben "DaddyKiller" Solo was better than Finn. The only one he's better than is Rey.
>>
>>63743246
Finn is badly written because he goes from mourning the loss of a fellow comrade and finding himself unable to handle the cruelty of war and killing to a guy who shoots 1000 troopers without care
>>
>>63743288
But we aren't wrong about Rey.
>>
FN was ok but unnecesary, his character could be merged with Isaacs and nothing of quality would be lost
>>
>>63743344
Reys only character trait at this point is that she is a Jedi. If you remove that she contributes absolutely nothing to the story. This by itself is a bad sign, but it somehow feels worse when her character was obscured by JJ's shitty false flag.
>>
>>63743377
It would have made more sense if he was the force user.
>>
Who cares?
The movie was shit.
>>
>>63742338
ayy lmao
>>
>>63742621
This random fucking stormtrooper stepping out all big balls and beating the shit out of the secondary main character of the film and actually pretty much winning the fight was the best part.

I hope that stormtrooper gets some kind of expansion all his own, he deserves it.
>>
I actually really liked Finn. The trailers put in him in a bad light. His bro moments with Poe were great.

Rey was fucking boring, but it wasn't really Ridley's fault.

Poe felt like he could have been one of the pilots from IV just with more screen time, Based Oscar made it work though. I really hope he gets developed in the next one.

Instead of Poe being the Han Solo of this movie, we had the actual Han Solo. It worked for this installment but i'm looking forward to more of a focus on the new cast.
>>
>>63743744
Han was an old fuck in this movie.

How the fuck does he outgun all these stormtroopers, he's a slow old man.
>>
>>63743142
It was actually perfectly set up for that, i wonder if it was changed to more of an action scene at the last minute.
>>
>>63742469
Luke didn't go into hiding because he was scared of him, he did it because he thought he failed everyone by allowing him to turn to the dark side.

I think i'm one of the few people on this board that gets what they're doing with Kylo Ren. He's meant to be a petty wannabe in this one, he's not even a Sith lord yet.
>>
>>63742291
What actually happened was that everyone forgot about him being in Star Wars because he no longer was the worst part about it.
>>
>>63742291
The trailers painted him as MC but he turned out to be the comic relief sidekick.

Which isn't so bad, at the end of the day he's going to be the guy everyone laughs at.
>>
>>63743137
>that banter with Kylo Ren near the beginning
I can't remember what he said exactly but it was bretty gud.
Also niggertrooper was horrible and I'm glad he turned out being farily useless. Rey is shit, but not as shit as him.
>>
>>63743428
i actually enjoyed her introduction
the scavenging, the trading, living inside an AT-AT hopelessly waiting for her family to come back is cool as fuck

beating up a few market plebs with her staff is believable

it got stupid when she somehow rejects kylo's mind control torture shit. you don't set someone up as a retardedly powerful force user than can stop bullets and then say HANG ON HERE'S SOMEONE THAT'S ACTUALLY STRONGER. kylo btfos dameron in seconds and he's obviously force sensitive (as made clear in his luke-tier flying), and yet rey somehow resists him with zero training just because she's probably luke's daughter? dumb as hell

by the time she was mind tricking storm troopers from across the room without even looking at them i was rolling my eyes everywhere
>>
>>63744006
>Also niggertrooper was horrible
Nice meme
>>
>>63742291
>best of the new cast
He's still pretty bad tho.
>>
>>63744125
He was though.
>no character arc
>is just there for comic relief and shouting ebonics
>fucking ugly and sweaty, always making that stupid face like he doesn't understand where he is
>gets BTFO by everyone
>>
>>63742291
JJ's casting was tremendously bad.
Boyega was among the least awful, no great achievement really.
>>
>>63743571
I hope he doesn't.

I hope they just revisit the idea that some of the random footsoldiers are top tier soldiers instead of just cannon fodder.
>>
>>63744155
>no charecter arc
Well meaning coward to hero, pretty cut and paste stuff but it was there.
>is just there for comic relief
Does more and Rey
>and shouting ebonics
Nice meme
>fucking ugly and sweaty
What's that got to do with his charecter?
>gets BTFO by everyone
This is the only correct point you make but then again this is also part of his character arc. At least he tries to help.
>>
>>63742621
You know that weapon was just designed and put in the movie just to sell toys.
>>
>>63744203
>Does more and Rey
That was a typo that made accidental gold, nb
>>
>>63742342
Oh shit, I didn't realise it was the same guy from Ex Machina. Shieet. Poe was the most charismatic person on screen, but underused as fuck.

Finn comes in at second best. Rey and Ren were tied for most eh.
>>
>>63744155
he didn't shout any ebonics
hell no isn't an ebonic
>>
>>63742621
Fucking pre-ordered. Unless it's already sold out.
>>
>>63744229
Poe was Nathan in Ex Machina yeah, but Caleb was also in the movie.
Pretty funny, they never interact either.
>>
>>63743018
>WASTED POTENTIAL TIER
>Phasma
>Hux

This so fuckign much.
>Phasma obediently disables the shield.
Fuck you J.J., just fuck you.
>>
>well-written

lol, /v/ is trying to judge writing by saying a Star Wars flick character is well-written.

You wouldn't know "well-written" characters if they hit you in the face, you dumb video game player.

There is almost never a well-written character in a giant blockbuster movie.
>>
>>63743087
>Adam Driver
>Bad
hahahahaha
>>
>>63744203
>Well meaning coward to hero, pretty cut and paste stuff but it was there.
More like well meaning coward to stupid cunt who wants dat white pussy. Remember at the end he literally lied about how to destroy the planet-weapong because he just cared about getting Rey, and by some retarded luck they managed to still destroy the base.
>>
>>63744289
>Calls OP /v/, actually sticks with it for the rest of his post like it's true.
What's going on here?
>>
>>63743458
>Who cares
>Literally 90 percent of /tv/ is talking about Star Wars right now
Evidently a lot of people care
>>
>>63742291
Just watched a crappy screen rip of the film
The dindu sweats breaths heavy and has his mouth wide open in the majority of the movie
If you call that acting fine with me
If you seen the trailer you seen pretty much every scene in the movie with john ooga booga
>>
I wish he was good looking.
I was distracted by how ugly he was in the film. I mean, couldn't they get a handsome looking black dude like how Lando was casted?
>>
>>63744302
>dat white pussy
Your posts just keep devolving into shitty /pol/ memes, this thread is for actual discussion. What's wrong with him wanting to go and get his friend? It's irrelevant whether or not he liked her, lying about the shields is the only way they would let him go that doesn't disprove his character arc.
Would you like try again?
>>
>>63744346
its like a once in a lifetime event
you waste it on a shitty cam rip
are you like 12 and never heard of star wars before?
>>
>>63742365
Thats pretty insulting to my boy Finn. Who would want to touch that insane bitch.
Reminder to not stick your dick in crazy.

Movie would have been awesome just being Poe and Finn doing cool shit while Kylo and the First Order tries to stop them. Rey wasn't even needed.
>>
>>63743025
Literally does sweat in every scene and has his mouth wide open every scene

Current year....... Thats acting and oscar worthy
>>
>>63744394
Because he lied about how to destroy a super-weapong capable of wiping out entire star systems, and about to fuck up the Resistance, just to get the girl.
He is a dumb shit.
>>
Poe is the only decent one
>>
>>63744399
Yeah, Poe and Finn at least had some chemistry. They both felt like bros together.

Rey was a shitty mary sue that added nothing to the story at all.
>>
>>63744278
Yeah, I knew that Caleb was in, but I've avoided most of the media involving the movie apart fro the first few visuals of the cast. It didn't click for me at all without that beard and skinhead. He was far more charismatic than Caleb in both films.
>>
>>63743744
Did younwatch the movie
He does the same things in the trailer throughout the who film
He is allways breathing heavy and sweatung in the movie

I can think of 5 scenes in the movie like that
>>
You must have low capeshit standards if you though anyone in this movie was.written well
>>
>>63744387
>/tv/'s main issue with this movie keeps being that they wanted a hotter black man cast
This fucking board
>>
>>63744426
Sounds pretty heroic to me, kinda simple fairy tale stuff like the original Star Wars.
>>
>>63744155
Dont forget theres multiple scenes where he is sweating not just the trailer

Jj abrams keeps his niggers wet
>>
>>63744494
no
just someone not ugly
>>
>>63744494
>People want to look at attractive people
>Somehow this is bad
Are you dumb?
>>
>>63742291
he's still just a nigger and useless in the movie.
>>
>>63744346

>he watches camrips
>expects his opinion to be taken seriously
>>
>>63744459
The guy who plays Caleb is an okay actor, he isn't really given much to work with in both films.
He could have been more charismatic when delivering the speech but i think that boiled down to JJ's directing and wanting both him and Ren to be petty villains.
>>
>>63744542
He isn't wrong. I was trying hard not to laugh when Finn and Rey had that "Don't go" moment and Finn was breathing heavily
>>
>>63744542
The cam rip was filmed in the theater
The black guy is covered in sweat alot in the movie and he does alot of heavy breathing and shouting

Tje cam rip is the same movie your going to pay to see in theaters
Just because its a cam rip does not mean its a different movie
>>
>>63744542
I trust his opinion more than somone that paid to see it and is influenced by the thought of "I totally didn't pay to see dogshit" teabh
>>
>>63744620
That's not the his point, you watched a cam rip instead of the actual movie when it's only just been released.

Your opinion doesn't matter, you are literally worthless.
>>
>>63744530

And you're a waste of sperm posting on an anonymous image board
>>
STOP ALL RACISM YOU POS BIGOTS
>>
I really liked Finn. I didn't get involved in the racist shitpostung throughout the year but gotta say, I enjoyed his performance and was fun to watch. He was an interesting character to me.
>>
>>63744724
Because he was literally the only character given an depth in the film. Poe didn't get enough screen time and Rey was a literal mary sue.
>>
>>63744724
cuck post
>>
>>63744795
Ayy lmao nice meme XdddD
>>
>>63744825
Liking Finn is a normie meme

get over it memester
>>
>>63744875
>Liking Finn is a normie meme
!?
>>
>>63744658
Im not going to pay to see this movie
The cam rip was fine there will be even better quality cam rips out soon

Atleast when you pay to see it
You wont be shocked how sweaty finn is through out the movie
>>
>>63744662
look who's talking faggot :^)

nigger I bet
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-17-03-14-17.png (58 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-17-03-14-17.png
58 KB, 480x800
Cam rips on this periscope enjoy your sweaty dindu
>>
>>63744203

well meaning coward to hero?

He starts off as a stormtrooper and then just decides he doesnt want to be one any more for no reason

Then guns down his former friends like it was nothing minutes later

Its just stupid, its like he is supposed to have no empathy whatsoever
>>
>>63742365
Take off that trip you don't need it
>>
>>63745064
Are they real?
any torrents?
>>
>>63742291
>well-written
>well-acted
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No. Yeah I watched it.
>>
>>63742338

Until the mask came off.
>>
>>63744217
Literally everything in that movie will be made to sell Toys.
>>
Why does Hollywood hate white men?
>>
>>63742825
>>63742338
In my opinion, the best new cast member is between Boyega and Driver
I just didn't expect a dindu to be so gud
>>
>>63742621
this guy was a fucking beast
>>
>>63742621
Just out of curiosity.
Was that the part played by the Raid movies guy?
>>
>>63742621
TRAITOOR
>>
I honestly thought that, for a character who was supposed to have been raised as a kid by the Order, he sounded amazingly like he'd lived his whole life on the streets of south London. Not convincing at all.
>>
>>63745615

No the Raid movie guys were the clan who was looking for Han, who got fucked up by the tentacle monsters
>>
>>63744487

Chewbacca was GOAT.
>>
What it the blacks opinion on boyega's character running like a lapdog after white chick for entirety of movie and then getting mauled, for the reward of getting briefly kissed in forehead while in come? Especially when Lupita N'yongo who could have been paired with him plays an unimportant CGI freak?
>>
>>63745666

Yet he puts a yank accent on. Did you even watch this movie
>>
File: 1348601830224.jpg (15 KB, 379x374) Image search: [Google]
1348601830224.jpg
15 KB, 379x374
>well-written
Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>63745666
And Alec Guinness sounded like Alan Watts.
>>
why did people complain about this in the first place? samuel l jackson was in the prequels
>>
>>63745447
No, his unmasking and the following minute and a half was amazing, it made the character even more badass. What sucks is that they btfo'ed him in the middle of the scene.
>>
>>63744217
Yes, thanks for reminding everyone what we already fucking knew since the original trilogy.

Its also going to be a new weapon in Battlefront
>>
>>63742291
>john ogaboyga where da white wimin at
>>
>>63742692
Watched the German release and it had none of that. Was the original audio that bad? That women whose place they flew to with Han (what's her name) also seemed to me like she would have gotten a stereotypical voice.

I think we didn't have as much of a racist voicing of Jar Jar and the Trade Federation guys in the prequels either.
>>
>>63742291

That's Adam Driver, tho'.

I admit that Boyega does quite a lot with a character that, in all due honesty, wasn't written as well as you think he is. My only issue is that, unlike Driver or the old cast, Boyega has the charisma of a wooden plank.

He's a good actor, just has no personality.
>>
>>63746899
I never knew Jar Jar even was a racist cartoon until I watched the english version. It's really funny, I remembered him as a funny harmless idiot and suddenly he becomes this terrible freudian slip of a character. Just like the Junkyard owner, jesus! I wonder if George is unaware of his creation.
>>
>>63746946
>Emo Ren
>Good
Maybe if you're en edgelord teenageer filled with angsty

Oh wait, I forgot I'm on 4chan.
>>
>>63742291
He was good, seems like a bro as well.

The chick can't act.
>>
File: EBONICS.gif (210 KB, 1920x1920) Image search: [Google]
EBONICS.gif
210 KB, 1920x1920
>>63742291
>funny
>coward
>friendzoned

He was a surprisingly good part of the movie, he got range.

Also his interactions with Isaac rival Harrison's and Mark's
>>
I feel like he's in charge now.
>>
Do we feel like Finn got fucked over by the script? Is Boyega's American accent at least convincing? Does he deserve to be the protag alongside Poe rather than Rey?

Questions...
>>
>>63744426
Or a desperate hero.
>>
File: chimps.jpg (88 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
chimps.jpg
88 KB, 640x640
>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who deny that John Ooga Booga is a chimp
>>
>>63742897

No, he means /tv/
>>
>>63742621
I want this so fucking hard...and i don't even collect this kind of shit, or anything really...
>>
File: 1447328223676.jpg (242 KB, 522x428) Image search: [Google]
1447328223676.jpg
242 KB, 522x428
>>63745863
>das rayciss
>da white man keep us down

As a /pol/ack I'm a little conflicted. On the one hand, the white man's subliminal subjugation of the inferior races is still going strong. On the other, we were wrong about the hidden cuck agenda.
>>
>>63744658
*tips ticket*
>>

I want JJ to leave
>>
>>63742621
Such an unnecessary meme addition.
>>
>>63742291
I thought FN would be better. His part in the film is way smaller than the trailer implies.
Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.