[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So…, how bad is the tumblr pandering?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
So…, how bad is the tumblr pandering?
>>
Aw you think Disney is comfortable with black man/white woman relationships in a tentpole? Bless your heart. The entertainment world is still skittish as fuck when it comes to that particular type of pairing. It's almost depressing but the very fact that these two kids are allowed to share co-star credits in a major movie is in and of itself a huge step forward.
>>
>female protaganist
>black male protaganist
>evil white men

literally tumblr teh movie
>>
Can you guys stop with the racist jokes?

Thanks
>>
>>63741818
you triggered?
>>
>>63741714
It's a remake of ep IV specifically for the Hunger Games/ Dr Who audience.
It's almost exclusively Tumblr with Star Wars references.
>>
>>63741853
>we want the Dr Who audience
>>
I didn't notice it, if it was even there.

There's quite a few more "diverse" characters than in the original trilogy but not more than the prequels.

It doesn't feel forced and I its not a problem at all.
>>
The OT was already literally Reddit the movie, the prequels were literally Instagram the movie and this new trilogy is literally Tumblr the movie.
>>
>>63741714
Not enough PoS (People of Size). It's also rather problematic that most humans are gender binary. If it weren't for Rey being trans I would call it transphobic too. Also, they refer to Chewbacca with "he" pronouns, but he can't tell what gender xer identifies as. They should have gone with they/them or xie/xer pronouns for xer. Also there are too many white people and too many men.
>>
File: 307_2.jpg (17 KB, 310x233) Image search: [Google]
307_2.jpg
17 KB, 310x233
>>63741892
>>63741789
Aren't all the white male evil
>>
>Female Mary Sue protagonist
>In a movie for men
Because grills can swing lightsabers too, right?
>>
>>63741993
>>In a movie for men children
ft4u
>>
>>63741988
the dark side of the force isn't mustache twirling villainy with no rationale.
there was plenty to hate about the benevolent hippie retard jedi council in the prequels.
just root for the empire if you hate "tumblr."
>>
You realise that they will end up having the white girl have the negros half black child right?
>>
>>63741714

Mary Sue can do it all. Can beat anyone and isnt afraid of nothing.
>>
>>63741714
It's basically the hunger games but relabelled as star wars in a way
the protagonist is thrown into something she doesn't want and she's perfect at everything she does
>>
>>63741988
Good white guys: Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, a lot of minor pilots and such

Bad white guys: Admiral Hux, Kylo Ren, maybe some stormtroopers idk

Tell me if i'm forgetting anyone
>>
I'm kinda sad at the knowledge I won't be able to criticize John Boyega's performance and the writing of the character because it'll be seen as 'racist'.

It was so bad, holy shit.
>>
>>63741765
someone here said it's full of sexual innuendos between the two protagonists
>>
>>63742045
Is there a single white male character the film who isn't evil and/or stupid and/or Harrison Ford?

>>63742060
>half black

Not how it works
>>
>>63742071
So she's a Mary Sue then.
>>
>>63741964
I laughed
>>
>>63741714
Not as strong as the children pandering
Literally a movie made for 8 years old
>>
>>63742134
you'll only be called racist if you call him worse than Rey
>>
>>63741988
The First Order has plenty of women and minorities working in their ranks.
>>
>>63742134

If it's legitimate criticism yes you can. If you start sperging like an edgy btard that's another thing.
>>
>>63741765
>Not recognizing the parallels between Luke and Leia and Finn and Rey
Step the fuck up
>>
>>63741765
Can't deceive me kike

Good thing there are no gays and blacks where I live, thankfully our government isn't brainwashed and jails them (then have them mysteriously disappear hehehe) and the regular folk would just lynch them in the streets

America is a fucking shithole
>>
>>63741988
Looking at /tv/ and tumblr you would think so
>>
>>63742045
>the dark side of the force isn't mustache twirling villainy with no rationale
You guys actually believe this
>>
>>63742312

>my government jails and kills people for being gay and having dark skin

What a wonderful place that must be anon
>>
>>63742339
touché
>>
>>63742370
Triggered?
>>
>>63741765
you're really going to enjoy episode VIII when it's revealed they're brother and sister
>>
>>63741892
>It doesn't feel forced
dat female boba fett tho
>>
>>63742527
who was also the lamest character in the entire movie.

they build her up to be cool and then Finn and Han shit all over her with ease.

Male supremacy at its finest
>>
>>63741964
Boyega is a transman, so there's that.
His childbearing hips turn me on.
>>
Where were you when Rey proved to be better than Luke ever was in her first movie?

>Took Luke 3 movies to learn how to properly use the force and a lightsaber
>He gets his ass kicked by a barely trained padawan and goes into hiding likea coward for 3 decades
>A strong single woman that needs no man can use power better than Luke without any training, and manages to beat the guy that beat Luke
>The movie ends with Luke being legit scared of her.

JJ made a 20 something woman the most powerful force in Star Wars history.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.