[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miss me yet, /tv/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 48849_GeorgeLucas.jpg (59 KB, 709x913) Image search: [Google]
48849_GeorgeLucas.jpg
59 KB, 709x913
Miss me yet, /tv/?
>>
>>63741400
Yes. Yes. Oh god yes. Atleast Lucas felt genuine and real. I feel like I've known Lucas all my life. Such a likable man.
>>
As shit as the prequels were, they still felt like Star Wars films if that makes sense.
>>
>>63741730
Hahhaa no, you think that because you saw them as a child. TFA feels more akin to the OT than any of the prequels
>>
>>63741801
>TFA feels more akin to the OT than any of the prequels
You're only saying this because they share similar plot points. Plot and tone are completely different things.
>>
>>63741868
Yeah nuh mate, you've been saturated with prequel related things your whole life. I'm sorry there were no prequel references for you.
>>
As bad as TFA was it was a masterpiece compared to the prequels.
>>
>eating my puke isn't cutting it, I should go back to eating my shit
fuck off george
>>
>>63741801
>TFA feels more akin to the OT than any of the prequels

True, plot-wise TFA is a point-by-point soft remake of ANH.

However, in terms of feel and atmosphere they hardly could be more different.

Simply put, all characters in ANH, even villains, are people of integrity and strong, well, character. Nearly all characters in TFA, including returning veterans, completely lack those traits. Rey allows something that happened ten fucking years ago dominate her, while Luke has his family and then his mentor die in rapid succession, and just deals with it. Finn is blatantly motivated by his desire for pussy, while Han Solo returned to help with the Death Star simply because his conscience did not let him abandon people who were barely friends to him at the moment. Kylo fucking Ren tries to be a badass dark knight, but unlike Vader he fails hilariously.
>>
>>63742241
>Kylo fucking Ren tries to be a badass dark knight, but unlike Vader he fails hilariously.

That was the whole point he was a try hard sith
>>
>>63741400
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Someone hasn't watched the prequels recently or, considering the average age of the poster on this board, ever at all.
>>
I would rather have simply bad movies than bad movies with a social justice agenda, so yes.
>>
I missed you already, George. Come back, I'll even forgive Jar-Jar.

At least you could do some exposition.
>>
Yes, Red Tails was such a memorable movie, the best war movie in ages
>>
>>63742292
>That was the whole point he was a try hard sith

As we say, ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

Being written as a shit villain intentionally still makes you a shit villain.
>>
File: 1419008460031.jpg (52 KB, 350x526) Image search: [Google]
1419008460031.jpg
52 KB, 350x526
>>63741976
>you've been saturated with prequel related things your whole life
This is a weird thing to be projecting? Just admit it senpai, the new movie sucks. Move on with your life
>>
All the new characters except Poe suck. Rey is a Mary Sue, Finn is pussy whipped and Kylo is literally an edgy teenager.
>>
>>63742292
>that was the whole point he was supposed to be a shitty character!
He's only marginally better than Hayden Christensen as Anakin
>>
File: jarjar.jpg (29 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
jarjar.jpg
29 KB, 600x338
OOH YES MUY MUY MEESA BE LOVIN YOU MISTAH LUCAS
>>
>>63742432
>He's only marginally better than Hayden Christensen as Anakin

But Hayden Christensen as Anakin was mediocre in 2 and actually good in 3. He mostly had bad dialogue, sure, but he actually had expressions, and lines delivery, and body language. Ren's actor only utilized the latter. And he too has bad dialogue.
>>
>>63742633
Meh lets just agree they both suck
>>
>>63741801
GLIB
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.