[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished it 10 minutes ago at the cinema. it was fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 3
File: starwarsTFA3-970-80.jpg (58 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
starwarsTFA3-970-80.jpg
58 KB, 970x545
I just finished it 10 minutes ago at the cinema.

it was fucking atrocious and I am so mad

Now what?
>>
>>63740906
now... we shitpost
>>
why didn't you like it?

I personally enjoyed it but hated the script - terrible forced humour and memes that sounded like modern day humans talking rather than the grand epic and romantic style of the others.
>>
File: glib_glubss.jpg (123 KB, 626x461) Image search: [Google]
glib_glubss.jpg
123 KB, 626x461
>>63740906
>He actually paid JJ in cash.
>>
>>63740906
now shut the fuck up about it cuçk
>>
This movie will be circlejerked to oblivion for a few weeks by reddit shill and the general public and slowly slowly over time just like TDKR people will eventually contradict all their statements and jump on the hate wagon. Rotten tomatoes is literally cancer
>>
>>63740906
Start with what you liked
>>
>>63740906
1.make a meme out of the dialog
2.don't give more of your money to plagiarists
>>
>>63740906
I knew it was going to be shit when I heard Han Solo dies

Way too shit on my favorite character, Abrams.
>>
would have preferred two solid hours of podracing tbqh
>>
>it was atrocious

nice meme opinion
>>
>>63740942
>I personally enjoyed it
Lol, what the hell was there to enjoy? Not even the one liners made any fucking sense.
>>
>>63740978
How was it shit? He was killed by his son, it's like poetry, it rhymes
>>
>>63740942
>I enjoyed it but hated it whenever anyone said anything

it's reflexively positive posts like this I understand the least.

it's like you habitually try to come off as optimistic because you've learned it's a good way to seem like a nice person. but in this context it makes no sense - objectivity is the ideal.
>>
Make sure to let every board and site you frequent know what you think of this hot garbage.
>>
>>63740942
>why didn't you like it?
The supreme leader was garbage and cartoonish. Why the fuck did the lightsaber call out to her? Why the fuck was Kylo so weak that he couldn't defeat an untrained force user.

It was also so derivative. It ripped off the original trilogy at every turn.

I am fucking mad as fuck.
>>
File: 2RN5j5K.jpg (90 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
2RN5j5K.jpg
90 KB, 640x1136
>>63741003

The amount of fedora in this whole post...just...
>>
>>63741003
It's not really objective though. We're just trying to show people that if they subjectively value certain things in films then the ought to like/hate/be indifferent to TFA.
>>
>>63741030
What did you like about it?
>>
>>63741030
>Why the fuck did the lightsaber call out to her

Really senpai?

>Why the fuck was Kylo so weak that he couldn't defeat an untrained force user

WHAT IS A MARY SUE?

>It ripped off the original trilogy at every turn

Tribute=/=Rip off.
>>
Your opinion is worth... one quarter portion
>>
>>63741062
>She's a Mary Sue which makes it alright
>>
What I'm surprised about is, the trailer didn't try to look like the Episode IV one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gvqpFbRKtQ
>>
>>63740906
tell us all the plot points
>>
>>63741002
>first three movies
>evil dad has to be killed by his son
>Evil Son kills his dad
It's basically the reverse of the original story and lazy as fuck
>>
>>63741058
Nothing really. There was a couple good jokes.

I even thought Kylo was interesting but then he removed his mask and became an emo kid.

Man it was just garbage.

Did you like it?
>>
>>63740906
>>63740955
>>63740978
>>63740988
>>63740997
>>63741030
>>63741062
It is great. Don't even try to force this meme.
/tv/ is literally the worst board right now.
>>
>>63741110
I would have preferred him dying in some battle with Boba fett or something over this.
>>
>>63741062
>Tribute=/=Rip off
this meme needs to die
>>
>>63741084
>I love complaining about everything

Dude seriously fuck off
>>
>>63741062
A third death star is so creatively bankrupt that even calling it a ripoff is too dignified. The movie is somewhere between a pure cash in attempt on nostalgia and a soft remake. Tribute taken way too far at the least.
>>
>>63741137

it aint a meme tho
>>
>>63741125
gee its almost as if some people have different opinions than you
>>
Did you think Han's death was as tasteless as i thought?
>>
>>63741114
I thought the story was weak and Rey was a really poor choice for the force using protagonist. Boyega and Isaac were solid though.
>>
>>63741184
>7th in a series
>lets just use all the same plot points from the first one and call it a tribute
nope. fuck off.
>>
>>63741197
yes
>>
I liked it. Why do you dislike it? It literally took all the plot points from 4,5 and 6
>>
>>63741190
>Implying they take their thoughts as opinions
People here aren't willing to discuss movies, look at the phrasing of op
"It was fucking atrocious"
He didn't say "I thought it was fucking shit for these reasons" .
>>
>>63741222
>wasted trips on killjoy bitter cuck

damn...

>>63741176

That wasn't a death star tho
>>
>>63741197
It was so badly telegraphed. You could see it coming.

The way they did it completely resembled Vader/Luke in Empire.
>>
>>63740949
Senpai...........you can say cuck again.
>>
They somehow forgot they were making a sequel to Return of the Jedi, even got the old cast and not a single scene of all of them together just use Luke as an exiled mcguffin which is completely out of character. Literally destroyed the ending of VI.
>>
>>63741197
What would have been a better death for you?

I want to hear this
>>
So has Luke joined the dark side?
>>
>>63741304
Tbh i blame Marvel for this, theyve capitalized on the formula of leaving every detail for the next movie and not doing much explaining just throwing stuff at you to gobble popcorn to.
>>
>>63741346
who the fuck even knows
>>
>>63740906
Now buy tickets in advance for "Rogue One" retard
>>
>completely copypaste the first movie of the series
>replace death star with bigger death star
>replace the characters and factions with blatant political propaganda
BRAVO JEWJEW
>>
>>63740906
post spoilers everywhere
>>
>>63741358
they have an event movie coming out everything else in the movies are taken care of in the movies themselves.
>>
>>63741190
>4chan
>opinions

if your opinion isn't the same as the echo chamber that is 4chan, you are castigated for it until you learn to post the same shit as everyone else, day in and day out.

UR A BIG GUY 4 U HAHAHA AMIRITE KEK DESU SENPAI
>>
>>63741485

exactly like reddit

4chan is reddit now.
>>
>>63741637
^ voted lol
>>
>>63740906

>Boyega was a literal Dindu

I was fucking dying laughing.
>>
>>63741637
I wish I could give you some reddit gold.
Tell me your reddit account.
>>
>>63741720
There was so many scenes of him sweating and breathing hard with his mouth open in the movie
I thought it would only be the scene in the trailer
>>
>>63741062
>Tribute=/=Rip off.

It felt more like "I'm a fan too! Remember that? Nudge nudge wink wink". It also seemed like JJ tried playing it safe. It was fanservice-y, but then that tweest. Every tweest or major plotpoint was predictable to any longtime fan, like the two Luke's lightsaber scenes, Luke being daddy (this may be a redflag in the end), Han Solo, Rey and the force, etc.

Maybe it was made this way to accommodate people who're new to the franchise?

The really thing that bugged me is that the lightsaber duels felt too weighty and sluggish for something that weighs little to nothing. The movements didn't feel like people dancing. I was also hoping Rey would actually be using a saber staff and not a lightsaber.

It was okay, I got to watch it for free anyway.
>>
>>63741783

It was funny when he had to reveal who he really was that he basically said he dindu nuffin. Not like them nu-uh, dindu nuffin wrong!

God fucking dammit.
>>
>>63740978
THIS

I mean seriously, did any Disney exec want to protect their new franchise investment?
>>
>>63741125
>literally
Still so easy to spot lebbit here
>>
This movie was JJ Abrams' treatment of Star Wars similar to what he did in Star Trek Into Darkness
>Finally someone has found a way to unite Trekkies and Star Wars nerds
>>
>>63741062

Why couldn't vegeta, defeat an untrained saijin
>>
>>63741321
Force controlling Chewie to shoot Han.
>>
>>63742115
deus ex machina?
>>
So Y-Wing being used as Resistance's general bomber like in Battlefront games is non-canon anymore? They use X-Wing for literally anything now?
>>
How was the soundtrack?
>>
>>63742188
The X-Wing is the most recognizable soooo...
>>
>>63742282
Got to fan pander somehow :^)
>>
OH FUCK OFF! JJ made a film for the fans wich was better than the prequels. I too thought it was a lot like ANH but I enjoyed it nevertheless. I'm getting pissed off at all these fucking kids bashing the movie. NOTHING pleases them. They are a bunch of whining assholes with nothing going for them in life so all they do is complain and moan and try to destroy happiness for everybody else. Do us all a favor and fucking kill yourselves. I for one am looking forward to the next movie and how it will be NOTHING like ESB and all the haters turn into lovers. If they haven't killed themselves like I asked them to do. End of rant.
>>
>>63741466
This
>>
>>63742199
underwhelming
>>
>>63742335
Bummer. I'm sure I'll start to hear it everywhere though.
>>
Anybody suppose that there are tickets still available in Tokyo, preferably in shinjuku? Iie nihongo.
>>
>>63742046
...in abject hatred?
>>
>>63742314
Is this pasta?
>>
The 'hello reddit' meme has basically turned 4chan into another reddit.
>>
>>63742466
It is now
>>
I really fucking hate how Abrams makes incredibly easy solutions to complex problems and then just breazes past them, so you wouldn't pay attention to how fucking stupid it was.

Oh, Death Star has a new super-strong defense system? Let's grab a random stormtrooper commander and she's going to turn it all off in 10 seconds from a small room. WHAT THE FUCK?
>>
>>63742493
Nice analogy. Back to /r/movies u go.
>>
>>63742466
No I'm just so angry at all hate this movie gets. What the hell did people expect. JJ said it was a movie for the fans. It was alot of fanservice and I expected that, but it seems I am the only one. Hell, Han Solo was practicly winking at the camera when he said that "there is always a way to blow these things up".
>>
>>63742750
Why would you let peoples' opinions of a movie bother you?

Get a grip, bud.
>>
>>63742314

The problem with this movie is that it is contrived to be dark rather then to be a legitimate sequel to ROTJ.

The old cast is back but they never meet
Han and Leia are separated for no reason
Luke is isolated for no reason
The empire is still around despite the rebellion
There is a red lightsaber wielding bad guy again
Han Solo is killed by his own son

Some thing that would make this movie good to me to demonstrate I'm not hating on it just because (1) the old cast all meets together again and Han and Leia are never separated (2) more Skywalker children like in the old EU (3) no new death star for the third time (4) new and creative aesthetics and technology rather then rehashing the original trilogy.
>>
>>63743095
>Han and Leia are separated for no reason
>Luke is isolated for no reason

Fuck me man did you even pay attention to the movie?
>>
>>63743095
This movie shouldve been released 1 or 2 years later. So much stuff left unexplained and rehashed its insulting, legit feels like capeshit.
>>
>>63743151

Explain to me why the Luke Skywalker we know from the original trilogy who went to Bespin because he saw his friends his danger would now pussy out and do nothing well Kylo Ren kills Han Solo. Please explain how that makes sense. This should be interesting.
>>
Seriously, how the fuck did Fin last like 30 seconds against a powerful force user in Kylo?

Kylo had training from LUKE SKYWALKER and Fin has never used a lightsaber in his life.

Like, what the fuck.
>>
>>63743469

This version of Luke Skywalker is SHIT. He trains some shit so he can't even fight and then when he goes to the dark side he hides like a bitch and does nothing. The fuck happened to the Luke in ESB that didn't run like a bitch?
>>
>>63743506
Why the fuck did Luke need training from Obi-Wan and Yoda if stupid bitch can win with no training whatsoever?
>>
>>63743469
to be fair - FIN is not just some random pleb from a shithole sand planet, he spend last 20 years training(even though stoormtroper training seems to be fucking terrible, they all got blown out by a bunch of space rednecks) and Kylo got hit with a weapon that was killing like 5 people at once
>>
>>63743586

I know UGH. And you can't even explain this away by saying that the force is strong in her because of her family because there is no way that is more true for her then Kylo Ren. Kylo Ren has both the bloodline and the training but muh Mary Sue can just up and beat him.
>>
Kylo was shot with the bowcaster and sliced by Finn. Rey only "won" because the ground split up between them.
>>
Just saw it.

Eh.

It wasn't as god awful as people are saying here. It just wasn't very good either.

There's stuff I could bitch about, there's stuff I could say was okay, but the main thing I'm feeling towards it is apathy.

It was a movie. A movie I probably won't see or think about again.
>>
>>63741062
Nah mate, this wasn't a tribute. It completely at utterly copied the structure of A New Hope.
>>
>>63743818
I still can't get over how derivative it was. Literal SCENES straight out of the original trilogy like torturing Vader torturing Leia, Vader communicating with his master by hologram, the whole R2D2 plot rehashed etc.

I'm mad as fuck.
>>
>>63743903
Cantena scene.
Death Star 3.
Familicide.

It was pretty fucking boring how safe they played it. The movie was basically a soft remake - but a remake would probably at least try to change the goddamn structure.
>>
>>63743996
Land on the planet and infiltrate the base to lower the defensive shields is another.
>>
>>63740906

stop being excited for childrens movies

>it's like you wern't even around for EP 1 hype
>>
>>63744051
Trench run
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.