[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that 45 years old dying Darth Vader was played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: darth-vader-unmasked_featured.jpg (34 KB, 640x526) Image search: [Google]
darth-vader-unmasked_featured.jpg
34 KB, 640x526
Daily reminder that 45 years old dying Darth Vader was played by 78 years old actor
>>
Darth was a smoker
>>
>>63740829
he was an old guy
>>
Is there something wrong with that?

Better than using cgi or some shit to get the point across.
>>
>>63740829
>left to burn in a volcano after getting his limps sliced off
>spent 25 years in suit that he can't take off with out dying.
>why dose hes look like a pale wrinkled old man?
>>
>>63740957
But his face looked normal after duel with Obi-Wan
>>
>>63740918
For whom?
>>
>>63740999
>Not seeing starlight for 20 years
>Why he old?
>>
>>63741502
Isn't exposure to sunlight ages you faster?
>>
>>63741005
pour toi
>>
>>63741502
Let's not forget:
>Slowly cooking inside a leather suit he can never take off.
He probably had an itchy nose for a decade and sounded so serene because the mildest of breezes finally stopped it when his mask came off.

>>63741549
It's like bacon.
>Eat a little: it's good for you. Gives you some much needed nurishment, and it even feels great.
>Eat nothing else for decades: It fucks you up on a deep biological level.

Basically, we look the way we look, because our skin is designed to absorb solar radiation, and it does.
If it is forced to absorb too much, we look different. Burned.
Are you surprised that if we don't absorb any at all, we also look different?
>>
>>63741603
darkside senpai, and that
>>
>>63741603
Meant to write
>Eat nothing else for decades: It fucks you up on a deep biological level.
>Never eat anything: Third verse, same as the second:
>>
How did he poop?
>>
>>63740829
>>63740999

There is no satisfying answer to this when relating to the story. The fact is Lucas fucked up when making the prequels, and instead of showing us an Anakin that was already in his mid-twenties by Episode I, we got him as a child so it screwed a bit with the timeline of events.
>>
>>63741657
>No satisfying answer.
>>63741502
>>63741603
>>63741623
Even if we go just with "Darkside" it's a perfectly satisfying reason.
I mean do you think that the fact that the Emperor looked like a wet sock left out in the sun was supposed to only convey that he's old?
Have you see old people? That's not what old people look like.
That is what evil motherfuckers twisted by the power of spinning look like.
>>
Why does being burned give you a giant egg head?
>>
Why do so many people think that it's canon that Dark Side changes the way you look? No Jedi can tell that Sheev is Sith just by looking at him
>>
>>63741750

Well, for the OP obviously there is no satisfying answer. I mean, that's something you have to suspend your disbelief when you see a movie and whenever you see a character when they're 15yo and then they show him at 40yo and he barely looks alike but we suspend our disbelief because its a movie.

>>63741823

It's because of the Star Wars games. One of the ways they would show a character going towards the Dark Side is their skin tone, and eyes changing color. It might have started earlier than that with novels but I think that's where most people relate Dark Side with the way you look.
>>
>>63741823
What >>63741874 said, but let's also not forget that pretty much every now canon sith from Clone Wars/Rebels that looks human, also has this gray skin, with evil yellow eyes.

Sheev used a disguise he probably maintained with the force to spin everyone else's image of him.
Or Lucas watched Dragon Ball Z and went. "Hiding power levels, and tuning down your power from golden god mode? Sheev should know how to do that."
>>
>>63741953
Dooku and Maul (apart from tattoos looked normal too), and frankly EU stuff was never canon, if Lucas filmed Episode 7 he'd disregard that stuff too, like he already often did
>>
>>63741755
having 3rd degree burns all over your body+being middle-aged+not taking off your mask for decades at a time
>>
>>63742021
>EU stuff was never canon
Bad news my good man. Those two series are infact canon now.
Don't have to like it, I don't like it myself all that much, but it is canon.
The Mouse has spoken.
>>
>>63742056
It's because they are recent, I remember early 00s Clone Wars cartoon was advertised as missing link between episodes 2 and 3, but it was completly retconned in late 00s by new Clone Wars cartoon, even before any Disney stuff, only movies matter, senpai
>>
File: Star Trek.png (294 KB, 538x496) Image search: [Google]
Star Trek.png
294 KB, 538x496
>>63740829
Dark side juice causes you to age like shit.
>>
>>63740829
dark side, not even once
>>
>>63741574
Oh shit, now i have to watch the plane scene in francois.
>>
File: Unlimited power.jpg (41 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
Unlimited power.jpg
41 KB, 600x315
>>63741750
>>
>>63742148
>french
kek
How can they take their language serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URhpZl3TCIo
>>
File: Sheevus Maximus.png (158 KB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
Sheevus Maximus.png
158 KB, 360x270
>>63742183
Still ain't got shit on Sheev.
>>
>>63742112
Why did we get the prequel films as is instead of the Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith? It's fucking criminal.
>>
File: Darth-Vader-masacre-Mustafar.jpg (84 KB, 741x432) Image search: [Google]
Darth-Vader-masacre-Mustafar.jpg
84 KB, 741x432
>>63742112

Well they're canon now. Because they're approved by Disney who owns the rights. So, unless someone else buys Star Wars from Disney and starts changing what is considered canon then Clone Wars, and Rebels do count as canon. So his argument is valid. They'll be canon till someone decides their not, so in this point in time he is right.

Most people that are in to Star Wars see changing skin color, and eyes as being linked to the Dark Side. All those force users with grey skin, and red/yellow eyes are Dark Side but not all Dark Side users suffer from that. That's the way I reason it with Dooku and Maul, and pre-melt face Sheev. Also, Anakin eyes were changing during Order 66 and when he was on Mustafar.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.