[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's not a new death star
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: It's not a new death star.jpg (74 KB, 546x500) Image search: [Google]
It's not a new death star.jpg
74 KB, 546x500
No.
Nothing in common.
>>
Big Guy Star
>>
>>63740614
Force You
>>
>>63740594

Its not a new death star because its a base built into a portion of a living planet.

85% of the planet is still planet and not base.
>>
It's just a glib facsimile
>>
>>63740662
What does that mean
>>
To be honest I liked how they built it into a planet this time which makes sense considering it probably requires less overall resources and makes it rather inconspicuous.
>>
I read that people see the laser from the ground in various places nowhere near the targets?

True?
>>
>>63740695
>what is a dictionary website

it's a form of facsimile that conveys a sense of glibness
>>
>>63740695
a shallow copy of Episode 4, you fucking plebeian.
>>
>>63740727
it also means you couldn't turn it or move it
>>
>>63740594

But that's just a larger picture of the original Death Star. It's the same two images next to eachother but one's bigger.
>>
>>63740594
The new Death Star in SW IX will be the size of a star. We should be happy, guys!
>>
What advantages are there in it being the size of a planet? It's still as easy to destroy, has virtually the same capabilities, sure it can wipe out a few more planets simultaneously but how often would you need to do that when the whole thing is is supposed to be about fear keeping "the local systems in line." Plus construction would take about 50 times longer and powering the thing would be a fucking nightmare. It's just dumb and comes off as the kind of one-upsmanship kids do in the backyard when they're playing make believe.
>>
there is a point where you would just think they would build like 10 death stars instead of progressively bigger ones, why would anyone need to destroy something bigger than a planet anyway?

also lel the whole point of the original death star blowing up is that the empire dont believe its possible so dont protect it properly, pretty sure they would have a proper counter-fighter system by the 3rd one
>>
>>63740594
>it sucks up the sun
At this point they should've just gone for a dyson sphere
>>
>>63740783

which is unnecessary as the laser beams can move like a guided rocket
>>
>>63740751
Yeah. There is even a shot from a planet where they see they can see the laser (that moves at light speed) come at them.

Made no fucking sense.
>>
>>63740783
Why? If it has the power to blow up a planet it certainly can power thrusters powerful enough to move a planet.
>>
>>63740783
Obviously It could move because It consumes stars to refuel

>Fired Load
>Consume star
>Fire second load
>Well that was it guys, the super weapon is now nonoperational
>>
>>63740643
I'll kek
>>
>>63740893
Oy vey how did these hackers on steroids get information on our rough VIII drafts
>>
Did anyone save the picture of a new hope plot with names cut out and substituted with the names of tfa?
I need it for reasons.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.