[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://a.pomf.cat/xsnrpn.webm oh man ;_;
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 12
File: maxresdefault.jpg (104 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
104 KB, 1280x720
https://a.pomf.cat/xsnrpn.webm

oh man ;_;
>>
How could they think this would be acceptable, it's just so bad
>>
>>63740169
Kek, for a second I thouht they used requiem for a dream there.

That was awful.
>>
>I am being torn apart
I cannot find the words.
>>
File: WOULD YOU DIE.jpg (19 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
WOULD YOU DIE.jpg
19 KB, 400x225
>TAKE OFF THAT MASK
>>
>>63740169
YOURE TEARING ME APART HAN
>>
>>63740169
When I read the spoilers it sounded cooler in my head. That was corny as fuck to be frank.

And Harrison seemed like he didn't want to be there.
>>
>>63740169
well at least wookie went apeshit, one good thing
>>
>>63740850
>>63740950
>>63741228

I liked it. Seemed almost operatic.

You know, what Star Wars should be.
>>
>>63741228
I actually thought ford did a good job in this scene regardless of the shitty writing. Then again I lowered my expectations a long time ago for this movie. I thought Ford would phone it in but this scene makes me think he will do a good job. I still don't see carrie fisher doing a good job with how fucking crazy she has been in recent interviews.
>>
Fucking hell.
They just had to have him fall down a hole like that.
It's like they are trying to make people second guess if he's really dead or not.
>>
>>63741228
>And Harrison seemed like he didn't want to be there.

I thought it was the first film in years where Ford looked like he gave a shit.
>>
>getting murdered by your gay son while a girl, a gorilla looking thing and chewbacca watch

he didn't ask for this, but his shit still got fucked up senpai
>>
>>63741753
Nah, that was Age of Adaline earlier this year. And frankly, that was a better tribute to Harrison than this.
>>
Anyone getting a strange TDKR vibe from this? I'm talking when Bane-Wayne fight and the camera awkwardly cuts to the people watching.
>>
>>63741228
Ford was one of the best actors in the movie. It was really surprising to me due to how much he loves to phone it in nowadays.
>>
>>63740169
>Your son is dead, he was weak and foolish so I destroyed him
>Thats not true. Thats what Snoke wants you to believe. My son is still alive
They're literally discussing whether one of the people involved in this conversation is dead??
lmao
>>
>>63741753
I think han finally dying explains that. Harrison always wanted Han to die, and he finally got his wish.
>>
>>63741785
>a gorilla looking thing and chewbacca
kek
>>
>>63740169
So Snoke is some sort of black smoke? Like in LOST?

I wonder who created that show
>>
>>63740169
S N O K E
N
O
K
E
>>
>>63741867
>obi wan says vader killed anakin
>kylo says he killed han solo jr
POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>Chewbacca owes Han Solo a Wookiee life debt (something sacred in their culture)
>doesn't do shit when he gets killed
p-pottery?
>>
>>63742235
Chewy would have stuck that lightsabre through Han if he couldda got away with it, he was sick of being the side kick
>>
>>63740850
>>63740950
>>63741042
>>63741228
Well done men check your back accounts to see if it went through
>>
>>63742235
Guess you missed the part where he tried to kill Kylo immediately after.
>>
>>63741228
>>63741305
It'd be operatic if the actors were overacting and enthusiastic instead of this high school drama class tier shit
>>
WHY THE SHITPOSTING TV?

Harrison ford actually gave shit in this. Also the movie was fucking awesome. Everyone at my theatre enjoyed it and it's almost like they listened to Mr plinketts criticism on the prequels.

Everyone was great except maybe the girl who plays rey. Her acting got better but she was awful at the start.
>>
File: 1450244554488.png (159 KB, 400x391) Image search: [Google]
1450244554488.png
159 KB, 400x391
>>63741155
>https://a.pomf.cat/xsnrpn.webm
underrated post and dubs...
>>
>>63742386
>Harrison ford actually gave shit in this
FUCKING THIS.
The movie is meh but seeing Ford acting for real after so many years was very great.
>>
why isn't he edgy
if he was "torn apart" by the sense of loyalty towards the imperial remnant since he is part of them and has been for a while and a sense of loyalty towards the New Republic because of his father why isn't he edgy when he kills his father? Why the hell is he still played as a struggling anti-hero? Fooling his father and killing him and saying thanks with a crooked smile would be badass but as this scene plays out is just terribly done.
>>
>>63743450
He still isn't a very good actor.
>>
>>63741702

It's called Disney death.

> http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DisneyDeath
>>
>>63740169
Wow, I thought the movie was going to be mediocre, and not this extremely terrible pile of shit. like wtf were they thinking, what a load of crap
>>
>>63741753
This, felt like he was actually enjoying himself in the movie, especially his banter between him and Finn.
>>
>>63740169
He was a good friend.
>>
>>63742386
>plinketts criticism
Opinion immediately disregarded.
>>
>>63740169

Ren stabbed first
>>
>>63741785
>a gorilla looking thing and chewbacca watch
but leia isn't even in that sce... ahhhhh
>>
>>63740169
I actually shed a tear in the theater
>>
>>63741959
>>63741959

Abrams is now going to reboot Star Wars as what happens if The Man in Black got off the island.

>All the Jedis are people with light inside them, pure and intact from darkness
>Everyone who is a Sith is someone who had spoken with The Man in Black or came into contact with him, thus being corrupted by him
>>
File: 1393666642677.jpg (85 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
1393666642677.jpg
85 KB, 560x415
>Dat dramatic silence with no music
>>
YOU ARE TEARING ME APART LISA
>>
>>63740169
I don't consider it canon

TFA is not canon, not even EU
>>
so has anybody posted spoilers on twitter yet?
>>
>>63744170
canon is a meme
>>
Camrip where?
>>
>>63744170
Nothing is canon anymore
>>
>JJ writes the best Anakin Skywalker imaginable
>he isnt in the prequels

Hilarious.
>>
holy shit that was SO gay. I can't believe plebs just flock to pay $12 to see this shit dialogue spoken by copies of old characters in a pew-pew space laser-sword retard fest.

>"I'm being torn apart"

haahahaha
Oh man. I bet people on this reddit-board actually liked this flick.
>>
Post the fucking Luke reveal!!!!!

Thats all i wanna see!
>>
>>63742386
>why don't you gobble up the fast-food equivalent of movies like every other commoner

Not everyone wants to eat McDonalds, you filth.
>>
That was overall pretty corny and bad, but at least Driver seemed to do a good job showing facial expressions that exhibit real internal conflict. Surprising for a blockbuster.
>>
>>63744442
ngl Luke was badass as all fuck and all he did was stand there, 0 lines
>>
>>63740169

Strong women character and strong black character say "NOOO" at the evil white guy. Poetry.
>>
>>63740169
that look in hans eyes
that face touch
that fall
muh heart
>>
>>63740169
>All that good acting from Ford
Where has he been all these years?
>>
>>63741791
>Age of Adaline
Ford was the only good thing about that lame ass movie. It made no sense how the heroine in that movie could know a lot of things about a stranger's life from minor details about his appearance, but she couldn't tell that the man she was boning was Ford's son.
>>
>"No."
>"The Supreme Leader is wise."

How can two single fucking lines be delivered so fucking terribly?
>>
I liked it. Not sure why /tv/ has such a hate boner for this, I guess they still haven't gotten over an african american in a lead role
>>
UnoFarto@2:18

>>63745137
The one line is pretty poor. Doubt anyone could have delivered it well.
>>
>>63743673
It's because he killed Han so Hans ghost can help him find the right path.

It's obvious as fuck. Even though Han isn't a Force Sensitive that's obviously what they plan to do. They need someone old to be a Force Ghost to be "help from beyond"
>>
>chewie without hesitated shoot everything after Han being killed
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>63740169
Cheap as fuck
>>
>>63744442
it was a previous spoiler thread
git gud at searching the /tv/ archive
>>
>>63745260
It's obviously corny and cartoonish. Not sure why redditors take it seriously, I guess they still haven't gotten over puberty.
>>
>>63745800

There is no active /tv/ archive anymore.

Link?
>>
since JJ doesn't give a shit will he make han force sensitive? this is like watching anakins story if it had started with episode 3.5
>>
Post the Luke scene and save me time and money.
>>
>>63745833

Disney DMCA claimed it.
>>
>>63746033
dubs confirm
>>
>>63742180
no this is pottery

>Luke's masters tell him to kill his father
>luke refuses

>Ben's masters tell him to kill his father
>he does it, the absolute madman
>>
Jesus fuck that lame dialogue
>>
>>63746168
But dude, laser swords and 90+% on RT, so it's gotta be good!!1!
>>
>>63740169

Fuck, that actually made me feel things.
>>
I don't mind Han (I went in expecting it, so I wasn't shocked) dying but the relationship just wasn't there!

It felt like it needed more time to build it up in the story. Not just "Hay everyone! This is Han's son! You accept that? Good! Back to the story ANNNND Hans dead!".

It felt like they needed some time together, like maybe he lets Han go in this movie, we think he is making progress only to kill Han in the next movie.
>>
Han, Chewie and the Falcon should've all gone out together. Chewie doesn't even have any other friends, I actually feel awful for a fictional bipedal dog character.
>>
>>63744735
he was wiping a tear from his sons face
>>
>>63740169
snape, snape, severus snape, snape, snape ,severus snape
>>
>>63746759
>Have them fly into the super structure of Star Killer base.
>No other resistance craft about.
>Hoards of enemy on their tail.
>30 seconds till everyone dies.
>Shield failing.
>Weapons gone.
>Have Falcon hyperdrive jump into the reactor.
>BOOM!
>Saves everyone!
>Goes out like true fucking hero!
>>
>>63743882
It saves the trouble of having to film a funeral scene
>>
>>63746977
TAYLN

STARBURST.

https://youtu.be/TocBiVkPdVs?t=204
>>
>>63741702
>Run through with light sabre.
>Fall into glowing abyss below you.
>Entire planet collapse on you.
>Planet turned into fiery star.

If he survived the Holy Grail is fucking working over time!
>>
>>63740169

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE
>>
>>63741856

He was good but the scenes with Leia looked fake as fuck
>>
>>63745594
A klingon would have done a better job
>>
Anyone ahs the Luke scene?
>>
"Part time"
>>
>>63741753
Ford wanted Han die in the Original Trilogy when they capture them in Cloud City but Lucas didn't let him
>>
how can grown men watch his..
>>
>>63747916
I ALREADY WORK AROUND THE CLOCK
>>
File: 1450283207301.jpg (19 KB, 438x404) Image search: [Google]
1450283207301.jpg
19 KB, 438x404
>>63740169

"No, the supreme leader is WISE"

This is the most important thing there

>Darth Plagueis the WISE
>>
So the original plan is still up that Episode 8 and 9 will be directed by other persons or it's JJ all to 9?
>>
>>63748073
everyone in a dark robe would be wise to an angsty emo kid tho?
>>
>>63748234
JJ's already bailed. Whoever directed Looper has #8

>>63748073
I ha to say I an unimpressed. The " evil ultra-honkey" was done to death with Voldemort.
>>
File: theboyaintright.png (246 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
theboyaintright.png
246 KB, 500x375
probably would have enjoyed it if they didn't cut to rey and ooga booga for no god damn reason at all
>>
>>63741123
4uuuuuu
>>
>>63748616
Did you see the cartoon Transformers movie from 1986?

Hasbro had most of the original characters killed off in the movie to "turn the page" on the franchise, to psychologically break the fans of their love of the "old guard" to turn their attention to the new guard that's taking over.

JJ Abrams did the exact same thing with Farce Awakens. He's killing off the old guard to emphasize that this is the new guard's shit now. And don't forget that Luke dies in the next one, and whether the fandom likes it or not the series now belongs to a freaky no-tits and a dindu nuffin.
>>
>>63742386
Americans, everyone!
>>
File: part time.png (835 KB, 593x763) Image search: [Google]
part time.png
835 KB, 593x763
>>63740169
Why they are just standing there and staring?
Also why Rey is emotionally envolved with Han?
>>
Was Kylo actually trying to give up his Lightsaber and just fell to the Dark Side in the last second, or was he pretending to give it up and it was all part of his plan to lure Han into a false sense of security?
>>
File: l16iQd.png (399 KB, 1186x535) Image search: [Google]
l16iQd.png
399 KB, 1186x535
>character is literally between red and blue

>lighting turns red once he commits to sith

BRAVO JJ

BRAVO!!!
>>
>>63740169
>using the word "snoke" unironically in a scene like this where you kill off one of the biggest motion picture icons
Whoa this is really bad
>>
>>63749936

Because Han chose to reveal himself so they don't want to butt in with what he wants to do

Because both Han and Finn are the only two people that have treated her well, the start of the film is her being completely alone and treated like shit for her work
>>
>>63750008
dude just turn your brain off lmao
>>
File: harrypotter4.jpg (151 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
harrypotter4.jpg
151 KB, 620x400
>>63750069
>Han and Finn are the only two people that have treated her well, the start of the film is her being completely alone and treated like shit for her work

Geez she's so fucking Mary Sue
>>
>>63740169
Han being murdered by his son in front of chewbacca makes me kind of sad.
>>
>>63748073
>Plaugueis
>important

I'm sure Disney will agree with you if it'll get you to see more movies.
>>
File: Loch_ness.jpg (13 KB, 342x257) Image search: [Google]
Loch_ness.jpg
13 KB, 342x257
Why Kylo hates his father so much?
>>
>>63741835
No but they're probably getting ANH vibe from this. I'm talking when Kenobi-Vader fight and the camera awkwardly cuts to the people watching.
>>
>>63744063
I think the "reddit" posts are the worst thing on /tv/, but jesus christ
>>
Okay, so am I the only one that liked the scene?

Felt like classic Star Wars - a space opera, a little over-dramatic, with a touch of family drama and I couldn't be more pleased, I don't think.
>>
>>63750008
"Force abilities such as drain life and dark healing,[10] siphoned vitality to sometimes offer an equivalent effect of Force healing, the difference being that the regenerative processes in the user was fueled draining the targets. Other techniques like Drain Force rekindled Force energy in the user, offensively draining the Force energy from those whom the power was turned upon."

Kylo is never torn. There is no ruse. It was all intentional. Han's scene there is pretty much all force all the way through. The timing of the light, the darkness, the context of the battle, it's all force. Snoke's powers are involved as well.
>>
>>63750008
>it was all part of his plan to lure Han into a false sense of security?

Correct. Remember that Han Solo is the ultimate non-believer. "Hokey religions." "Never seen anything that makes me believe some all powerful force, etc."

The fact that he acknowledges that it is "all true" does not redeem him his decades of disregard for what the force is, how it works, and its goals.

Han's death is entirely appropriate for his arc as a tragic hero - his tragic flaw is his lack of spiritual imagination in the context of his world. He is killed by an evil he at first refused to believe in, and later rejected to learn from.

A smuggler and freighter captain who had a great moment once, got involved with forces way over his head, and was never able to rise to the level of. Once the dust settles, it will be more recognized that Han Solo was always a scoundrel first, and a gunslinger second.
>>
I still can't bring myself to watch the entire scene before seeing it in the theater.

I stop RIGHT when Kylo hands over the lightsaber.

I know what happens next, but... I just can't watch it yet. I see the film in about seven hours.
>>
File: cia south.jpg (216 KB, 1000x676) Image search: [Google]
cia south.jpg
216 KB, 1000x676
TAKE OFF THAT MASK
>>
File: 1439314539649.gif (272 KB, 264x267) Image search: [Google]
1439314539649.gif
272 KB, 264x267
>that part where he touches Kylo Ren's face as he's dying
I'll admit that made me pretty sad
>>
>>63745530
>implying Harrison Ford will be in another Star Wars movie

Harrison Ford doesn't like Star Wars. That's why he wanted to kill off Han.
>>
>>63752437
What is the last work or phrase that Kylo says just before the fall?

"Demon"
"Redeemed"?

I can't make it out through the score and sound effects.
>>
>>63744507
Adam Driver is a really promising actor. Genuinely the only good part of Girls.
>>
>be the heads of the rebellion
>can't even raise your own son to not join your sworn enemies
>>
>>63752254
thanks for the shekels
>>
>>63752534
He says "Thank you" because he couldn't kill Han himself, he needed and got Han's permission to do it, freeing Kylo to pursue the dark side more guilt free
>>
>>63752712
Excellent. Does it come through clearly in the theatrical experience? Because it is muddy as the SNL musical guest soundstage in that vid.
>>
Why didn't Han react fast like he did with Greedo?
>>
>>63753286
He was waiting for Ren to do the lightsaber thing first, then he was going to shoot him after it missed.
>>
>>63752852
Mostly but you need to be paying attention and recognize that most of the dialogue in the scene is done through body language. Kylo turns the hilt toward Han with minor resistance, basically projecting what is about to happen, and Han responds to it with an act of affection.

Basically Han tries to tell Kylo its not too late, Kylo says he's too weak to do what he wants with his dad in the way, dad recognizes his son's decision and respects it enough to die for it.
>>
>>63740169
Not gonna lie, the scene made me well up a bit at the cinema. Not sure why /tv/ hates it so much.
>>
>>63745530
I don't you undertsand how much money disney can offer him. If they need him, he will be back.
>>
>>63740169
Well, fuck...
>>
>>63747136
They crossed the seal you ignoramous
>>
>>63742330
Yeah, but everyone keeps saying that he goes apeshit. It seems like he took it pretty well considering that his best friend just got murdered in front of his eyes. Yet, when 3p0 gets jacked up in ESB he goes fucking nuts.

What the fuck is this shit?
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.