[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if he wasn't the the Chosen One? He meant to be the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9
File: Anakin_Skywalker_RotS.png (1 MB, 819x1024) Image search: [Google]
Anakin_Skywalker_RotS.png
1 MB, 819x1024
What if he wasn't the the Chosen One?

He meant to be the strongest Jedi in the Universe yet his own Master beat him

He never had any incredible Jedi ability that made him stand out.
>>
>>63738829
He was the chosen one. He only lost because Obi Wan had the high ground.
>>
I always found that weird too, especially considering he was able to slaughter hundreds of jedi at the temple yet couldn't stand against his master (who couldn't even best Dooku on two outings).
>>
I kekd when Rey told her cousin he'll never be as powerful as Darth Vader couldn't help but think of the high ground
>>
>>63738829

Finn is the chosen one, friendo.
>>
>>63738829
>What if he wasn't the the Chosen One?
What, you mean in REAL LIFE? Like George Lucas thought Anakin was the chosen one, but George Lucas wrote his film wrong?
>>
>>63738849
Because it's like paper sissors rock. Also because Obi had the high ground from a certain point of view.
>>
That would be pretty cool if Rey was The Chosen One and Snoke turns out to be the pure embodiment of the Sith and Rey kills Snoke in episode 9 and brings eternal balance to the Force
>>
Well he would've been but the dark side fucked him up. He theoretically would have been the greatest but dark side
>>
>>63738829
of course hes not the chosen one he's just a movie character you fucking retard
>>
>>63738866

Artists do not have exclusive right to interpret their own art. In fact, they are the least qualified.
>>
>>63738876
Fan fic tier
>>
The dramatic irony is that the "balance" he brought required the destruction of the massive, politically powerful jedi order and, eventually, the creation of a galaxy where the force is not used for the enforcement of political ambitions, but the jedi order, in its hubris, couldn't understand that its own existence was an imbalance in the force.

How can you not get this?
>>
>>63738876
>Balance
>Light and Dark side is equal in Balance
>Kills every Sith
>Only Light Side
>Balance
>>
He wasn't the chosen one.

He was to be the one to bring balance to the force.

Luke was the chosen one.
>>
When he embraced the dark side he lost a lot of his potential, he because consumed with hatred and evil that never allowed him to reach his true peak that he would have reached as a Jedi
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (100 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
100 KB, 1920x1080
>Obi-Wan has taught you well

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63738876
Other way around
>>
>>63738829
>his own Master beat him

Anakin beat himself. Anakin's arrogance, the belief of invincibility, which is the one weakness of the Sith, allowed Obi-wan to defeat him.
>>
>>63738876
This desu
Let's hope Disney won't miss this chance
>>
>Sheev didn't even teach his prized pupil how to use force lightning before sending him off to the Mustafar system
>>
>>63738912
You don't understand the term Balance in Star Wars terms.

It's not about numbers, it's about concept.

Have you not heard the term "Out of Balance"? As in "Nature is out of balance"? It describes a situation that is bad, it is not describing "this side has more than this side".
>>
>>63738829
Well, he manged to balnce the force as in there were just 2 jedi and 2 sith during the original trilogy... when the emperor was going to kill the last jedi he just off hmi bringing balanced yet again.

Even dead he brought balance to the force by persuiding his grandson to kill every other jedi except luke.
>>
>>63738848
>>63738870
>high ground
i always thought it was because Anakin did a front flip in front of his enemy, wielding a lightsaber, knowing full well he would have to make a large bound, or fall into lava

shit, a large force lunge with his lightsaber at the front would have given him the defense and gap closer he needed
>>
File: 7485772662541683947.jpg (29 KB, 766x269) Image search: [Google]
7485772662541683947.jpg
29 KB, 766x269
>>63738912
>>
>>63738880
Dark Side is just much more powerful

Yoda, Obi-Wan were able to live as some shitty Jedi Spirits without physical bodies while Sith Lords could actually prolong the existence of the physical organism like Darth Plagueis (and maybe Palpatine?)
>>
I think he was talking about pot racing. He was the best. He could have gone all the way to the big league.

HE WAS THE CHOSEN ONE
>>
>>63739050
you sir are a retard
>>
>>63739076
How? The Jedi are the light side so that makes the Sith the heavy side.
>>
>>63739055
Fearing death can lead to some bad decisions
>>
>>63739211
The reason Vader remained mediocre because he didn't go fully neither to the Dark or Light side. He stayed in-between his whole life. He had inner conflict going on all the time.
>>
The prequels are EU, they're not canon.
>>
>>63738923
He was commenting on the fact that Luke had the high ground.
>>
>>63738849
you mean youngling?
>>
>>63739295
You know full well this is not true.
>>
>>63739240
It had more to do with his cyborg body I think. The less complete you are the weaker your ability to use the force.
>>
>>63738912
It's about the way they use the Force, not about the amount of jedi/sith.
Jedi don't abuse the Force, they are peaceful and selfless, thus don't disrupt the balance.
Sith are power hungry, abuse the Force to their own benefit and disrupt the balance by their need to aquire as much power as possible.
>>
>>63739347
would sheeve be better off sticking with dooku than having a quad amputee vader?
>>
>>63738829
Well.. He was, he destroyed the sith. Interesting enough you notice that his eyes aren't orange which dictates that he regain his status as a light user.

as for destroying the sith, you know throwing what's his face into the shaft.
>>
>doubting some random green trolls 1 line chosen one prophecy and not following teen angst boy
>>
>>63739488
No. Quad amputee Vader was still more powerful than Dooku was.
>>
>>63739913
no force lightning
>>
>>63738848
From my point of view Ankin had the high ground.
>>
>>63739557
>he destroyed the sith.
but the sith are back in the new movie?
>>
>>63740097
Force lightning isn't really all that powerful anon. The only two cases it did something in the movies are when anakin runs into Dooku like a retard and doesn't even block it and when Luke throws away his lightsaber and lets himself get wrecked.
>>
>>63738829
What if he was just a glib facsimile?
>>
>>63739006
> It describes a situation that is bad, it is not describing "this side has more than this side".
actually retarded

it precisely means "this side has more than this side, which is bad"

when all the "bad" wolves in Europe died, the wild boars started to grow in numbers and now they have to be hunted

similar in Britain with badgers
>>
>>63740396
I always took 'balance in the force' to be less about quantities of light and dark and more about stability.
>>
>>63738829

He wasn't beaten by his master, Obi-Wan wasn't his master by that stage, Sheev was. The chosen one just had to bring balance to the force and destroy the sith. Vader does just that in ep. 6 when he throws sheev to his death. So the prophecy was a actually true.
>>
>>63740472
well the prophecy proved that the jedi got it all wrong, lol
>>
>>63738829
Brava Lucas, brava
>>
>>63740472
balance in the force is an oxymoron
>>
>>63740472
George confirmed this is true but he doesn't call the shots anymore :^)
>>
>>63738900
So what you're saying is that all art should be destroyed?
>>
>>63738829

We thought he was, but in the end it turned out Obi was the chosen Wan
>>
>>63738900

>make art
>tell people what was going through my head

>NAH FUCK YOU THAT'S NOT IT REEEEEEEEE

Jesus you have a mental problem
>>
>>63738849
On the first fight obi wan was still relearning how to fight, also had to protect anakin
On the second too, anakin wanted to fuck shit up and obi wan had to care for him, allowing dooku to get him offguard
>>
>>63738912
the dark side is the imbalance in the force you retard
>>
>>63741788
Nope
>>
>>63738912
Dark side = cancer
Light side = healthy
No dark side = force is healthy
Thats the Jedi view
>>
>>63741871
'yes'
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 184x205) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 184x205
>>63741588

>creating an aesthetic object and including your explanation of it as part of the same artistic unit, without delivering them together
>>
>>63739488
Dooku didn't have a head (or body depending onyou point of view). So... no.
>>
>>63738848
This is perhaps the stupidest moment in all of prequels. I never ever saw "high ground" excuse in SW games and older movies
>>
I had never watched Star Wars, even though I consider myself a cinefile. But, since I am a big fan of JJ, I thought he was the right guy to bring this universe to modern times.

So I convinced myself to watch the first 6 movies before watching Force Awakens.
Now, a lot of 80's and 90's movies are cheesy when viewed from today's perspective and Star Wars was one of them.

While watching the original trilogy, I found myself bored and yawning and cringing at really bad puppets passed as monsters that sing and dance and skipping obvious dialogues and scenes. Now I realized that maybe, Star Wars is a great movie for children of the 80's and teenagers, but not a great movie for a cinefile let alone a female one.

I am sure that if a movie as Episode 4 would come up today, it would be a disaster. And I am sure that most of the hype today is just nostalgia of being a kid again.

I know I'm coming up as pretentious, but I really tried to like it and couldn't. Even though I consider myself a geek, I did not get the appeal of Star Wars AT ALL. Surely, the movies are kinda entertaining (for about 30% of the movie) and the universe is huge but where is the Worldwide Phenomenon that everyone is talking about?
>>
File: 1410779329657.gif (1 MB, 600x678) Image search: [Google]
1410779329657.gif
1 MB, 600x678
>>63745181
> not a great movie for a cinefile let alone a female one
>>
File: 1415488938620.png (260 KB, 497x458) Image search: [Google]
1415488938620.png
260 KB, 497x458
>>63745181
>but not a great movie for a cinefile let alone a female one.
>>
>>63738829
He wasn't the chosen one, his bloodline is just extremely powerful.

The Jedi Council fell for the idea that he may be the chosen one when he was just really strong with the force.
>>
>>63740540
>The chosen one just had to bring balance to the force and destroy the sith. Vader does just that in ep. 6 when he throws sheev to his death. So the prophecy was a actually true.
I didnĀ“t think about it that way. thanks anon
>>
>>63738829
strongest potential he wasn't at his peak in ep 3.

Also not always the most powerful wins a duel- if you use a poor, high ground-less strategy, even the highest midichlorian count in history won't save you
>>
>>63746996
This. Anakin could wreck just about everyone save Windu, Yoda, and Sheev. He only lost to Obi-Wan because they knew exactly how each other fight, and Anakin was not thinking clearly at all
https://youtu.be/catXn4QAclI
>>
Obviously he was the chosen one.
The prophecy says: "Bring balance to the force"
2 sith left (Sidious and Vader)
2 jedi left (Yoda and Obi)
Seems pretty balanced to me
>>
>>63747185
Or even after he sacrifices himself.

>Only one Jedi lefy, free from the corruption of either side
>>
File: Anakin smile.jpg (88 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Anakin smile.jpg
88 KB, 1024x768
>>63738829
Anakin was the chosen one, this was very specifically made clear. He had the highest midichlorian count of all time by a mile.
>>
I am a sith.
>>
>>63747276
what if that actaully was a blood sample from jarjar?
>>
>>63738829
he was the chosen one because he brought an end to the sith - he threw sheev down that hole into the death star core.
>>
>>63738923
High ground....shit is making me laugh so much
>>
>>63747698

bringing an end the sith? pretty sure Snoke wasn't born a couple years before ep 7.
>>
>you will never be a cool shit lord like ani
why live
>>
>>63747884
The Force Awakens isn't canon.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.