[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these guys Jar Jar/Jake Lloyd tier? Lupita nyongo and daisy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 2
File: des1070_jpeg_4k_pub_1dc59ce6.png (300 KB, 756x264) Image search: [Google]
des1070_jpeg_4k_pub_1dc59ce6.png
300 KB, 756x264
Are these guys Jar Jar/Jake Lloyd tier?

Lupita nyongo and daisy ridley cant fucking act for shit.
>>
>>63738360
Lupita Nyongo was fine, Daisy Ridley was another story...
>>
>>63738360

>nigger and a woman can't act

stop the fucking presses
>>
Rey isn't bad. The ayy lmao isn't cringeworthy either but not good either, she just exists
>>
Her reaction when Han gets run through was fucking terrible
>>
Finn and Po stole the movie, didn't give a fuck about rey desu.
>>
>>63738402
>Rey isn't bad.
Confirmed for not having seen the movie.
As soon as the "kessel run in under 14 parsecs" scene is turned into a webm or youtube video you are going to shit your pants at HOW bad she is.
>>
>>63738423
I saw it yesterday. How was that scene bad? It was just a joke
>>
>Those 2
>Jar Jar

There was a Jar Jar in the movie, but he DINDU NUFFIN WONG WE WUZ KINGS N SHIT
>>
Daisy was the best of the new cast by miles. Anyone who says she can't act either hasn't seen the movie or is 12.
>>
>>63738360
I always thought that Boyega would be the new Jar Jar.
Instead Ridley and her Mary Sue character managed to be far more idiotic.

Fuck Disney and fuck JJ for this abortion of a flick.
>>
>>63738402
Rey is like a character staight out of a fast and furious movie, probably even worse.
Shes the best at everything: fighting, using the force, flying, fixing things, shooting, climbing.
Which also means she acts out of character.
No character arc, and flat acting.
>isn't bad
>right
>>
>>63738360
Honestly, the acting of the new cast is not what's bothering me in TFA.

About N'Yongo's character, just like Snoke actually, it is the fact that they are full CGI that is an issue. 75% of the SFX are practical effects. It feels real because it is actually on set, it can be touched, etc. The CGI characters therefore felt kind of odd with the rest.
>>
>>63738485
>Daisy was the best of the new cast by miles
Go to bed reddit
>>
>>63738799
I don't use reddit but even if I did how is that even an insult? It's just lame meme spam with no meaning.
>>
>>63738696
I still wonder why they made the most interactive creatures cgi.
It really stands out from the rest, and feels very much like cgi Yoda.
>>
>>63738850
You're right. and considering the kind of creatures they are, they could have been made with make up. Especially Snoke since he is not that alien looking and he is in an obscure place where the make up could have been hidden in the shadows.
>>
>>63738845
>I don't use reddit but even if I did how is that even an insult?
>I dont use reddit
If you have to preface your response with this your acknowledging it's an insult.
>>
>>63738447
it was badly acted. she delivered her lines poorly, sounding stilted.

why are you on this board if you can't discern basic aspects of filmmaking. .
>>
>>63738696
Yeah. The return to practical effects a big plus in the movie but the few cgi characters they added really stood out (badly). They were so notably "off" especially since the CGI wasn't even that good.
>>
Who says this line in the movie?
"I've been around a long time and seen many eyes. I see your eyes, I know your eyes!".
>>
>>63738950
> she delivered her lines poorly, sounding stilted.
The delivery was perfectly fine. Are you sure you aren't just getting confused by her brit accent?
>>
>>63738986
Lupita's CGI character
>>
>>63738380
Are you serious the only thing worse then Lupita was Adam Driver.
>>
>>63738986
Orange midget alien with the glasses in OP's pic.
>>
>>63738360

desu senpai daisy and oogabooga outshined harrison ford and fisher by miles
>>
>>63738993
I am British. she sounded like someone suited to playing a bit-part in the Brit TV show Casualty, which is what she is.

Boyega has done Shakespeare on stage and multiple movies already, and has already been cast in another film based on his performance in this. If you can't tell the difference you need to stop posting your opinions and fuck off.
>>
>>63738383
>>
>>63738957
Yep. Well, Maz Kanata being CGI may be logical (or not, a kid or a midget could have been enough with some make up), but not Snoke: first, what I said about his face. Second, yes he is tall (but it is most likely an illusion created by the hologram). A height like that could be done without CGI, by Serkis being filmed apart of Kylo Ren and Hux in a much closer shot, and the other two being shot by afar. Then the two shots are combined. Then again, the dark room could have masked the SFX pretty well. Yes, I don't get it why Snoke is not "real". And yes you said it, the CGI weren't that good, especially Snoke.
>>
Ridley wasn't bad at all.

Lupita took me out of the movie though, she felt very out of place.

But Rey was still my least favourite new character, she's just kind of uninteresting and completely dwarfed by the rest of the cast. Much like Luke in 4.
>>
>everyone complains about finn beng a nigger
>turns out he's one of best things in the movie
>>
>>63738694
Seriously, Rey's character arc is flat as a board. She starts off as a super competent smuggler who's trusting and loving of strangers, she meets Finn and trusts him almost instantly, she then meets han and chewie who she also trusts instantly and befriends instantly. And then she discovers she can use the force, and does it almost instantly. Where was her fucking arc? Was that pathetic excuse of a "force vision" scene supposed to be character development?
>>
>>63738485
That's a weird way to spell Oscar Isaac.
>>
>>63739142
I'm sure that there is more to Rey's backstory than what TFA shows. As you point out, it is too incoherent to be a plot hole.
>>
>>63739169
He wasn't on screen long enough to really shine.
>>
>>63739036

I actually have a sneaking suspicion that she was chosen in part due to her kinda blank inability to act. Go back and watch the first film - luke's got the exact blank-face thing going on. He gets better in ESB and by Jedi he's probably the best of the actors on the good side, but he was a real fucking blank actor to begin with.
>>
>>63739170
They even hint towards it during the vision scene.

She sees Kylo and the knights of Ren slaughter what looks like Jedi.

In the next scene she's being dumped on Jakku. She's aged around 7-9 here.

In her first scene with BB-8, the droid says that he's classified, she replies that so is she.

Her obsession with Jakku is revealed to be because she's waiting for the people who left her there to return.

She's extremely attached to her staff, which is eerily similar to Plagueis staff.

There's clearly much more going on with Rey than some random shitworld smuggler.
>>
>>63739142
> Rey's character arc is flat as a board
You're right. She did have no tits.
>>
>>63739209
> There's clearly much more going on with Rey than some random shitworld smuggler.
No shit sherlock. How long did it take you to work that out?
>>
>>63738360
>daisy ridley cant fucking act for shit.

I'm tired of this meme
>>
>>63738485

Honestly the chemistry between her and Boyega was the most enjoyable thing about the film, save for the lightsaber fight. It felt like a fun riff on the solo-leia relationship and it was actually pretty believable.

She's got a pretty wooden acting style but I'm okay with that. Star Wars has plenty of over-the-top screamy actors, and it can get a bit nauseating at times.
>>
>>63739231
The first trailer? I posted because it seems most people don't understand that she's not just some scavenger.
>>
Maz and her bistro thingy were probably my favourite part of the movie. The set and costume and character design were stellar.
>>
>>63739265
Fuck you, faggot.
>>
>>63739209
And let's not forget Leia and Rey embracing each other without being introduced and supposedly not knowing each others, while Han&Leia Love Theme plays in the background soundtrack
>>
>>63738475
Tempted to say this, Finn was mad niggerish and it was a bit distracting considering he's meant to be some kind of trained from birth killer robot. I was expecting him to have a much more limited emotional range than what Boyega displays.
>>63739288
Someone's a little grumpy.
>>
>>63739036
Ridley was great in it. All the acting was great, except for (strangely) Domnhall Gleeson; which is odd because he's normally really good, but man his performance was so fucking wooden.
>>
>>63739202
it's not really equivalent. you're correct that it's an everyman role, but despite Hamill having a couple of bad line deliveries he really sells the role. the fact that people perceive him as better in the subsequent movies is mostly just because the character matures. he was always solid.

It makes me really respect Hamill more, and not just Hamill but Sam Worthington, who got a similar "lmao nice accent brah" response for carrying the Avatar movie. we've now discovered that an "oscar winning" actress (Lupita) can completely fuck up a CGI character performance.
>>
>>63739307
I agree about Gleeson, but I think you're mistaking Daisy getting to overact more in the second half for her actually being good.
>>
>>63739217
Her character arc, anon. Not her body of work.
>>
>>63739294
>>63739209
>>63739170
>>63739231
It's called shit writing

Nothing will be explained, nothing
>>
>>63739307
I thought his big speech before launching the death beam was pretty great
>>
>>63739305

>and it was a bit distracting considering he's meant to be some kind of trained from birth killer robot

He was trained primarily in sanitation and that was his first actual battle.
>>
>>63739309

I didn't necessarily mean blank = bad. I don't think Daisy is or ever will be as good as Hamill, I just think she's getting a lot of flak for being "emotionless" or "wooden" when I'm pretty sure that was intentional casting and direction rather than her just being shit. I guess she's supposed to be the more reserved jedi character to contrast with Boyega's wacky hijinks, plus like you said - everyman role, self-insert etc.
>>
>>63739358
anon you are replying to a tripfag who's primary criticism was "he was mad niggerish." Nothing good will come of this discussion.
>>
>>63739334
Yeah admittedly she does overact a tad towards the end. But, the originals had loads of overacting and goofy moments, but nobody seems bothered about it. Her acting for the majority of the movie was absolutely fine, and this is coming from someone who thought she and Boyega looked utterly shite from the trailers. Gotta admit, Finn stole the show for me; his comic-relief was perfect.
>>
>>63739355
Yeah that was alright. The whole 'Nazi/First Order' resemblance in that scene was so painfully obvious though
>>
>>63739462
not the guy you're replying to but desu if you watched the original trilogy for the first time without all the cultural context, you'd think the same thing.

Also I thought that scene was surprisingly powerful. Sure, it's preying on an easy emotional tug (nazis + mass murder) but something about it was different and better. Can't really put my finger on it for sure but I think it was the fact that the deathstar 2.0's shot wasn't instantaneous, so we got to see the people on the ground seeing it coming. I was actually pretty shocked by the scene, which is definitely not something I was expecting from the movie.
>>
>>63739354
What do you mean nothing.. TFA was just exposition the movie.
All the characters are literally always telling the audience whats going on.

"Im the best pilot in the galaxy, i can fly any plane"
"Dam thats good pilot!"
"You're just like your FATHER.. HAN SOLOO!"
"Hey Leia remember how we spilt up because......."
There more, but fuck this shit
>>
>>63739535
>desu

goddammit since when did word-filters make a return?
>>
>>63739560
baka desu senpaitachi
>>
>>63739535
Yeah no, I liked the scene as well. Showing the people on the planet watching the beam coming at them was fantastic. I know what you mean when you say it's powerful, and I think it's ultimately what was lacking in A New Hope when Alderaan gets destroyed; you DIDN'T see the people on the ground in that, and you don't really feel any sympathy or shock because as an audience you don't really think "Fucking hell, millions of people have just been obliterated in front of our very eyes." Choosing to show that city was a great choice by JJ imo.
>>
>>63739630
I just hated that it made the galaxy fucking tiny that they could see it from the planet.

Seriously, we wouldn't even see explosions that size if the planets in our own SOLAR SYSTEM blew up like that, let alone galaxy.
>>
>>63739684
YEAH WELL FUCK YOU
>>
>>63739358
He's a trained mind controlled sanitation soldier, and somehow he got the same quips as Andrew Garfield in spiderman.
They even mentioned in the movie:

"This is his first offence"

He doesnt seem like a soldier at all, despite having been trained for years.. Also where's his arc?
>>
Ridley is cute and I want to kiss her ~
>>
>>63739630
Sure, but am I the only one who chinged when the hot chick got the spotlight?
"Okay we need to make a shot were the audience can feel for the civillians."
>hottest chick takes her place
>poor old woman in the background
>>
>>63738380
You talking shit about mai waifu?
>>
I was so fucking worried when Snoke first showed up. I thought they'd made the main villain a gigantic CGI man. Boy was I relieved when it turned out to be a hologram but he could have looked better.

I actually really liked the movie and most of the performances. The only real issues I had were the over-reliance on old plot points and the first half hour/set up being a little contrived.

Looking forward to the next one I guess
>>
>>63739305
> I was expecting him to have a much more limited emotional range than what Boyega displays.

that was the fucking point you idiot. As soon as they put him into action he realised he wasn't a born killing machine.
>>
Why wasn't Boyega allowed to use his cool black British accent. He sounded stupid as murican
>>
>stealing content from Sheeky Forums

worse than stealing from reddit desu

http://sheekyforums.com/thread/63738360/television-and-film/are-these-guys-jar-jar-jake-lloyd-tier.html
>>
>>63740077
Disney probably haven't decided what they want to do with Snoke yet. they have no actual creative vision anyway.

if they think making him a Big Guy will help a scene, they'll do it.

maybe they will remake the Rancor fight, ugh.
>>
>>63740077
>>63740168
I think the fact that he displays himself as way bigger than the people he talks to shows a part of Snokes personality. He is probably a raving megalomaniac, which might lead to his downfall later on.
>>
>>63740422
>>63740168
It's the classic Wizard of Oz trope.
>>
>>63740037
Yeah, I noticed that lol. Oh well, bitch got toasted seconds after so it didn't bother me too much.
>>
can this movie please people who are over 20 ?
>>
>>63740564
I'm 22 and I loved it. You have to go in with the right expectations, if you expect a deep, contrived sci-fi movie that truly makes you think, you'll be disappointed. If you expect a fun space adventure, you'll be pleased.
>>
>>63739007
What? Driver nailed his role
>>
>>63739170
If your protagonist doesn't show any development during the first part of your trilogy then you have script problems.
>>
>>63738360
I thought Rey was a little stiff, but she's not Jake Lloyd tier. Lupita was ok. didn't really stand out and was forgettable.
>>
>>63740069
Fuck of back to /a/ you weeb
>>
Jar Jar's acting wasn't bad, he portrayed an extremely annoying character perfectly. The fact we are still talking about Jar Jar almost 20 years later shows that he was a successful character. I doubt anyone will talk about TFA in even 2 years.
>>
>>63740564
I'm 30 and I really enjoyed it. It's just very, very similar to the structure of IV to the point it almost goes beyond homage and it doesn't have as strong characters as the originals.
>>
>>63740688
We're still talking about the nazis 70 years later. That doesn't mean they were successful.
>>
>>63740131
are you literally retarded?
>>
>>63740979
>6 gorillion dead Jews
>Not successful
>>
>>63740564
I liked it, all things considered. Some things I loved, some things were middling, but overall I had fun the two times I watched it. I intend to see it one more time before it leaves cinemas as well.
>>
>>63741048
Why do you have a trip in a thread where your identity is not relevant?
>>
>>63741396
Oh, I always have this on. Don't mind me.
>>
>>63741414
Why?
>>
>>63741461
Because it frustrates redditors such as yourself and makes my little dicky hard.
>>
>>63741480
At least you admit you're only doing it to attentionwhore. Most tripfags have delusions.

Still should fuck off, though.
>>
>>63741396
Probably the same reason he watches the same shitty movie 3 times, he's a sperg who doesn't have anything going on in his sad little life save for jacking off to underage anime girls

It takes a special kind of autist to tripfag on 4chan
>>
>>63739630
With a better score it would've been perfect. Williams really dropped the ball on this one, I was hoping for a really sad motif in this scene and when Han died, but instead I don't remember a single piece from the movie.
>>
>>63739237
It's not a meme anymore. You get to see it on the big screen now.
>>
Daisy could act, it was Boyega who couldn't.

I didn't even know that was Lupita. Don't care for 1-minute characters.
>>
>>63742845

other way around
>>
>>63738380
Lupita is a decent actress, she however can't do voice work. Many actors can't. Plus all reports claimed she struggled with the role, because she found it hard to basically act in a room by herself.
>>
>>63743014
Nah. Check the scene when Rey got kidnapped and Finn ran sporadically yelling "NOOOOOOOO" in an incoherent straightforward way. Also, all the other times Boyega completely overyelled, like all the "WOO!" moments in the beginning when they escaped.
>>
I actually really liked Rey in the movie. HOWEVER
>those constant lunges in the ending saber duel
Fuckin 'ell Ridley learn how to wield a sword better
>>
>>63739209
>eerily similar to Plagueis staff.
STAGES OF GRIEF

EERILY SIMILAR TO A METAL STICK
>>
>>63738380
>Lupita Nyongo was fine
Agreed. The CGI was a different story.
Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.