[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the best screenwriter ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Screenplay-790x1024.jpg (74 KB, 790x1024) Image search: [Google]
Screenplay-790x1024.jpg
74 KB, 790x1024
Today it seems like the lowest form of art in Hollywood.

Bonus Q : Is that the reason the big movies are so poors today ?
>>
File: 1446736124482.png (498 KB, 708x666) Image search: [Google]
1446736124482.png
498 KB, 708x666
Tarantino.
>>
>Bonus Q : Is that the reason the big movies are so poors today ?
Yes, if the general audience cared about screenwriters and cinematographers like it cares about directors and actors, Hollywood would have an incentive invest in them, and movies would skyrocket in quality. One of the main reasons TV is becoming better than movies these days is that in TV the writer is king.
>>
>>63737126
I think it's because a good screenwriter doesn't matter anymore.

Hollywood is a business more than ever now, and they have figure out the winning formulas. For a long time Hollywood has thought the audience was smarter than they actually are, so got good writers/actors/directors/. They've realised that shit isn't necessary, just "iconic" shit they can run into the ground after milking the shit out of it, then they can use that to their advantage by "rebooting" it. Did Star Wars really need more movies? Fuck no. Has that stopped anyone from shitting out more and planning about 6 in total? Fuck no. Will any of them be innovative or daring? Fuck no.

Welcome to modern life.
>>
That's a pretty good explanation.

Ex : the JJ's movies are always tailormade in the same manner , emotions /actions driven, there are not "cult dialogues"

It's already boring after two star trek and one star wars. One week after everything is forgotten. Like a fast food meal .
>>
>>63737126

>people actually sit around and take out and netflix

holy shit ree i'd never fucking stand for that.
>>
script is almost the least important part of a film. execution is literally everything
>>
Chris Nolan
>>
>>63737641

Wheels are almost the least important part of a car, driving is literally everything
>>
Charlie Kaufman.
>>
>>63737701
/thread
>>
>>63737641

I think I would trust Kurosawa's opinion on the importance of scripts over yours.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.