[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TFA: Not a single iconic line of dialogue. ANH & TESB were
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 1446280193872.jpg (87 KB, 600x433) Image search: [Google]
1446280193872.jpg
87 KB, 600x433
TFA: Not a single iconic line of dialogue. ANH & TESB were full of iconic dialogue.
>>
>>63736263
dialogue isnt written to be iconic, it just becomes iconic over time
>>
Well you see the point was not to make iconic dialogue but to milk two billion dollars out of retard fans of a long dead franchise
>>
>Writing room according to OP

George: Uh- uh y-yeah w-were m-making tons of n-ne-ew iconi-c dialog, it's gonna be r-r-emebered for 40 years for sure, I can see the future. I-I know this sort of thing.
>>
KYLO
YOU ARE MY SON

YOUR SON IS DEAD OLD MAN I AM THE EDGELORD
>>
You're tearing me apart Han Solo!
>>
TFA: Not a single piece of memorable new music

Fuck me, even episode 2 had a killer soundtrack.
>>
quote some of that iconic dialogue OP

there are problems with a lot of this films dialogue, it is too jokey, too full of very awkward exposition
>>
File: 1a.drunk-570.jpg (50 KB, 570x450) Image search: [Google]
1a.drunk-570.jpg
50 KB, 570x450
>"We have altered the deal, pray we do not alter it further"

>"That's no moon ..."

>"Do, or do not. There is no try"

>"Hokey religions & ancient weapons are no match for a blaster at your side."

>"Never tell me the odds"
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrSKwa8sT1s
>>
>>63736320

this, you fucking simpleton. you think people were spouting throwaway lines walking out of the theater in 1977?

god you people are so fucking retarded
>>
>>63736376
This!!
Wasn't John Williams working on the music!?!
>>
>>63736404
You're right. My memory of every single faggot spouting MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU for weeks after the movie came out must have been an illusion.
>>
File: 2013-05-22-younggeorgelucas.jpg (337 KB, 1462x1946) Image search: [Google]
2013-05-22-younggeorgelucas.jpg
337 KB, 1462x1946
>>63736263
Miss me yet?
>>
>>63736406
He's like 85 now, John Williams is kill.
>>
File: hansolo.jpg (12 KB, 379x301) Image search: [Google]
hansolo.jpg
12 KB, 379x301
>>63736441
>implying you were alive in 1977
>implying you had friends at the time
>implying that now, almost forty years later, you're still salty about something being popular and venting your frustration on a Vietnamese Hieroglyphic image board
>>
>>63736376
Episode 2 had the best music in my opinion. Only duel of fates was at the same standard. Shame EP2 was so shit. What a strange juxtaposition it was with its stellar music
>>
>>63736263
>B-but you're just being contrarian!
>B-but you don't like it because it's not the originals
>B-but you're just a troll!
>B-but it's got critical acclaim
>B-but I think it's good
>B-but original fan boy!!

I saw it. It was hot garbage. I cannot believe I thought Disney would make a good film.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.