[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you know what I find odd about this show? The UFO I had absolutely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Fargo.jpg (2 MB, 2057x3000) Image search: [Google]
Fargo.jpg
2 MB, 2057x3000
Do you know what I find odd about this show?

The UFO I had absolutely no problem with. It was so delightfully absurd, despite the fact that it served for little more than a deus ex machina for Lou.

The bit that I didn't like about the show was how they ended Hanzee's storyline. It seems like the writers didn't know what to do with him, so rather than have him continue to hunt down Ed & Peggy, they just said "fuck it, let's make him the Fargo mob boss". The Wrench & Numbers cameo felt super forced too. Everything else about the finale was fine, though".

What were y'alls thoughts on Season 2? What did you like about it? What did y'all hate about it? How did it compare to your opinion of Season 1? What are y'all's hopes for Season 3?
>>
the last episode dropped my rating of s2 from a 9/10 to an 8/10 just for the sheer stupidity of how they had to tie it into season 1. lou was enough of a tie in and the story was strong enough on its own to not need anything more than lou.

season 1 was a joke compared to season 2. i really hope for season 3 we don't jump back into the whole molly and tom hanks jr. stuff, that would be such a regression
>>
I agree with OP on the UFO. I didn't like the Hanzee connection either, but I'm hopeful he is not the mob boss. Cancerfu's vision showed him at a later point in the future. Plus, they have resolved things we didn't like before. We weren't sure if Dodd's daughter was definitely killed, or how Ed got Milligan's phone number, but those were resolved later. Maybe Hanzee is in season 3.
>>
>>63735622
First six episodes - 10/10.
The rest make it 6/10 very poorly written.
And fuck Hawley for killing Edd and Gerhardts like that.
>>
Milligan killing all those people for an office job was hilarious.
>>
the last 3 eps were a fucking joke. wtf were they thinking??
>>
>>63737391
lol @ this post
>>
S2 was self indulgent as fuck. Show is constantly trying to elbow nudge the viewer with "see what I did there" shit. It's a bit too much. Even the way they chose to play up the intros.
Season 1 was a lot better, also due to the much more interesting characters and much better performances. Not that the acting in S2 was bad, it was good, but S1 had great acting.
>>
>>63739648
I'd agree but Kirsten Dunst did the best acting she ever pulled off in Fargo. I never thought much of her, thought even less after Marie Antoinette, but in Fargo she definitely surprised me.

Great actress actually.
>>
I liked just about everything about the season lmao. The split screens, the aliums, the ambiguity, the ocasional narration, Ray Romano's brother... I thought some of the group gerhardt scenes (basically any scene with three or more gerhardts) were kind of boring, but other than that it was a perfect little self contained and very satisfyingly told story.
>>
>>63738431
This

All the way, the show ends doing something you weren't expected, like when Milligan arrives at the Motel, and everything ended, or the fact Hanzee stopped to chase Ed & Peggy (wasn't that bad, was pretty surprising, did you guys really wanted to see "Drop the weap Hanzee ! - No SHOT SHOT SHOT Hanzee dead and maybe the sherif too" ?)
>>
So what about the fire/smoke in the cooler? Some kind of injun mind game voodoo or just her desparate imagination?
>>
>>63740200
>So what about the fire/smoke in the cooler? Some kind of injun mind game voodoo or just her desparate imagination?

the latter.
>>
>>63740200

She was fucked in the head. Delusional. Her life was entirely focused on self indulgence as perpetrated by the media she consumed.

Poor Edd just gave and gave, and he realized his mistake at the end.
>>
File: img_2162-2.png (205 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
img_2162-2.png
205 KB, 610x343
>>63740200
she was crazy and just imagined it like in her movies, which caused the death of the only character that did literally nothing wrong.
Than she starts complaining about misogynie and Lou says how dying to protect his family was Ed's privilege

seriously, what the fuck was this forced tumblr pandering at the end?
>>
How was the ufo a deus ex machina?
>>
>>63740399
you realize the writers aren't siding with her as she says this right? they're siding with Lou. You're so retarded it hurts my eyes.
>>
File: fargo ayy lmao.png (626 KB, 1740x948) Image search: [Google]
fargo ayy lmao.png
626 KB, 1740x948
>>63740399
>death of the only character that did literally nothing wrong.
Apart from rendering Rye's body and obstructing a police investigation multiple times.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.