[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rey is a Miyazaki heroine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: search your feelings.jpg (182 KB, 1811x948) Image search: [Google]
search your feelings.jpg
182 KB, 1811x948
Rey is a Miyazaki heroine
>>
But she's not cute.
>>
File: lol wut.jpg (38 KB, 533x594) Image search: [Google]
lol wut.jpg
38 KB, 533x594
>>63735154
>>
>>63735219
Now theres a meme I've not heard in a long time, lolwut was a good friend.
>>
>>63735101
That sounds about right, Anon.
>>
the 2D characters have more depth than her
>>
>>63735154
Kek
>>
>>63735801
>star wars movie
>depth
are you retarded?
>>
>>63735101
How long until Daisy Ridley does a nude scene?

After SW probably knowing Disney, but sometime, right?
>>
I have a hard time imagining how would an actual movie such as Princess Mononoke look like.
LOTR is the only thing coming close to a mature fantasy world realization on screen with a certain depth, but it isn't original, but based on a book. Some things simply haven't been done yet and they are remaking Ghostbusters and Star Wars. Movie making in 2015 is an atrocity.
>>
>>63735849

She's already done nude scenes.
>>
>Mononoke
>Noke
>Snoke

it all makes sense now
no wait it doesn't, it never does, it's fucking JJ
>>
Does she cook and clean? That's important for Miyazaki women.
>>
>>63735854
Correction, the original SW trilogy was pretty damn good and innovative despite it being a flick. It was that popular because nobody did it before for the screen
>>
>>63735849
>star wars
>disney
>nude scene
are you the previous person who expected depth in a star wars film?
or another retard?
best we can expect is a gold bikini in fanservice midriff exposure
>>
>>63735863
Well I'll be goddamned. Those is some small titties.
>>
ACT
>>
File: Yakushima.original.2461.jpg (367 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Yakushima.original.2461.jpg
367 KB, 1280x800
>>63735854
Like the actual forests in Japan they based it on, Yakushima island
>>
>>63735854
>LOTR is the only thing coming close to a mature fantasy world realization on screen with a certain depth
lolwut?
It treats the whole thing as a joke

No one has taken fantasy seriously on film since the 80s: Conan (to a degree), Legend, Excalibur - Borman originally intended to make LotR and a lot of the locations used in Excalibur were intended for his LotR
>>
>>63735963
Japan is so pretty pretty
>>
>>63735891
There is a scene of her making dinner
>>
File: AC92-web.jpg (100 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
AC92-web.jpg
100 KB, 900x675
>>63735925
petite grills at the qt-est
especially if pixiecut
>>
File: AC-dip15.jpg (99 KB, 900x595) Image search: [Google]
AC-dip15.jpg
99 KB, 900x595
>>63736036
>you will never ever
why live?
>>
>>63735983
LOTR is really good imo and kept the spirit of the books and it is probably worthy some of the praise, but that still isnt the original idea for the screen like Star Wars was and it isnt what I was talking about. LOTR doesn't shy away from grand epicness and it's based on that idea all along and the story everybody who read it knew.
>>
>>63735985
Except it's fucking crawling with huge insects, humid as FUCK and generally unpleasant to be there in summer.
>>
>>63736141
>Star Wars
>original idea for the screen
lel
Star Wars started out as Hidden Fortress - IN SPACE
This got toned down as they went through multiple drafts
(Though recycled into Phantom Menace)
Its direction is inspired by the works of John Ford, Howard Hawks, David Lean, Akira Kurosawa
Its concept of space is inspired by movie serials and pulp fiction magazines
Its characterizations inspired by Westerns and Samurai films
The final attack on the Death Star is lifted straight out of The Dam Busters
>>
>>63736227
>its crawling with huge insects
Thats a very rude description of Japanese people
>>
>>63736260
I think you should stop posting, you've been samefagging this thread for far too long
>>
>>63735902
Star Wars was innovative and good for the time, but surely I'm not the only person that notices the script writing and acting in Star Wars original trilogy is painfully bad right? Also a New Hope has some pretty questionable editing (that said, the original cut was apparently Phantom Menace bad)
>>
>>63736286
did I hurt your feelings?
>>
>>63735281
I have that downloaded in a reaction folder I never use but have transferred from old pcs
Monday, February 15, 2010, 4:36:35 AM
but I disagree she aint cute. Haven't seen the movie though so opinion might change
>>
>>63736356
>(that said, the original cut was apparently Phantom Menace bad)
Yes. Studio executives walked out, Lucas film school pals couldn't stop laughing.
It was Marcia Lucas who edited it into the lean efficient film we know today
A perfect example of this is how the film originally started. Originally it would cut back and forth from scenes of the blockade runner being boarded, leia, the droids, etc to scenes of Luke on Tattooine, fixing vaporators, watching the space battle, complaining to his aunt and uncle, going to toshi station, talking to Biggs, racing his T-16, etc
Imagine that
>Space Battle
>Luke fixing vaporators and watching it
>Boarding, Captain choked, etc
>Luke returns home and whines
>Leia and the droids
>Luke goes to toshi station and whines
>The droids wandering through the desert
>Luke flying shit
It just fucking kills the pacing. And it tells us nothing we dont learn when Luke finally meets the droids which makes all the stuff repetitive.

What Marcia salvaged out of this won the 1977 Academy Award for Best Editing so I'd like to know what you think is questionable
>>
File: yakushima.jpg (197 KB, 1200x740) Image search: [Google]
yakushima.jpg
197 KB, 1200x740
>You will never ever explore this with an androgynous pixiecut qt 3.14
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.