[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it going to be shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
Is it going to be shit?
>>
They changed it to fit the YA formula so yes.
>>
>>63734537
>already rumors of Idris Elba being cast as clint eastwood

yes. yes it will be.
>>
>>63734658
>yfw Odetta calls him a honkey mahfah
>>
>>63734549
Is this true?

>>63734658
Im holding out that it wont happen. Nobody could actually think this is a good idea.

no matter what they do ill still see it just for the collective what the fuck when snitches show up.
>>
>>63734537
Despite what 4chan would have you believe Stephen King is shit and all his books are shit so this will be shit too
>>
Casting Idris Elba is only happening because it's a meme right now and will get all the memers to watch it
>>
The Dark Tower is just as awful as the Sword of Truth. Casting Elba in a role that he obviously doesn't fit can't ruin what's already bad.
>>
>>63736026
I agree that Stephen King is massively overrated but his books have a certain charm to them, TDT had a real comfy feel to it somehow
>>
>>63734537

hoping the current project gets cancelled and a more accurate version is made in a few years after the whole pc sjw fad dies down
>>
File: ImageHandler.ashx.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
ImageHandler.ashx.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>63736026
Let me guess, you got an 'F' on your book report, right? Time to refill your adderall prescription!
>>
>>63736707
>after the whole pc sjw fad dies down
lel
>>
Not casting viggo as Roland is the biggest mistake
>>
Has there EVER been a movie adaptation that was faithful to the source material?
>>
File: 2011-topic-Idris-elba-2.png (736 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
2011-topic-Idris-elba-2.png
736 KB, 1200x675
>>63734537
The names Ger...

Nig Ger
>>
>>63739825

No Country for Old Men
>>
>>63739863
epic
>>
>>63734537
in all probability, yes
>>
Dark Tower series started good and turned to shit about halfway through and just got worse and worse.

I think the real tipping point for when it turned irredeemably awful was when Stephen King wrote himself in as a character and had his car accident be a plot point in the book.

Also, it has a Sopranos-tier ending that was a massive fuck-you to anyone who had followed the series for decades and were hoping for closure to their investment.
>>
>>63739825
Some really bad movies are. Book pacing and Movie pacing are completely different things and can't be compared.

But that doesn't mean it's ok to hire the complete opposite actor of the character.
>>
>>63739912
the ending of Wolves of the Calla was when it started turning to complete shit
>>
Could January be some shrewd marketing move
or am I denying the obvious
>>
>>63736026
mostly agree, I enjoyed "the mist", I think it gave a very good portrayal of why you should never lose faith. not religious faith, just faith in general.
>>
If king has nothing to do with the filming other than consultant it might be alright, but honestly the series turns to a massive pile of shit after the first 3 books... and the ending is the worst of them all.
>>
>>63734658
> Implying DeRoland isn't gonna be the greatest thing ever
>>
File: mads.jpg (106 KB, 391x555) Image search: [Google]
mads.jpg
106 KB, 391x555
Best Roland
>>
>>63739785
Fucking perfect taste my friend, any film where viggo has to walk is a perfect role for him.
>>
>>63740123
Better man in black imo
>>
>>63740123
'No'
>>
>>63739825
The Princess Bride
>>
>>63734537
>Stephen King
Yes.
>>
>>63739825
The Godfather is the classic example.

The only major thing it omitted was a strange subplot about a woman having an extra large vagina.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.