[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STAR WARS THE FORCE AWAKENS DISCUSSION THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: SW-THE-FORCE-AWAKENS[1].jpg (253 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SW-THE-FORCE-AWAKENS[1].jpg
253 KB, 1920x1080
continued from >>63727728

If you've already seen the movie and want to discuss it instead of just shitposting and opening bait threads, then get in here
>>
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lor_San_Tekka This is the guy Poe was talking to.
>>
Reminder to read http://pastebin.com/LZbiipR0
>>
I want to fuck loli Rey.
>>
Anyone cringe at Carrie Fisher's acting?

She looked like some old fat grandma instead of an aged elderly woman that Han Solo still loves.
>>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBMW3y86cpo

>At no point does it feel like rey is acting, she just is so real!

Holy fuck i usually like chris but this is one of the dumbest reviews hes ever done.
>>
>>63731653

nobody reads your blog, faggot
>>
File: 1450292300292.jpg (304 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
1450292300292.jpg
304 KB, 699x1211
Why is this ok
>>
>>63731653
>The Good : Acting
LMAO
>>
File: WHOA.jpg (22 KB, 380x254) Image search: [Google]
WHOA.jpg
22 KB, 380x254
REPOST Okay. Call me out on my shit here if i missed something but Who the fuck made that map to find luke? That'd be the dumbest shit ever if he made it (Im going away because i cant deal with myself oh if you need me just find the map i made). Hated the fact how hard the movie wanted me to care about rey by constantly shoving "muh missing parents" in my face" doesn help that she beat a pretty much full trained sith in about 10 minutes of learning the force. How the fuck did chewy miss the shot on kylo ren? no headshot? HE WAS STANDING STILL THE WHOLE TIME. Oh and the fact that the only way to get by the shield was to use hyperdrive , a utility that most ships have was just mind boggling.
Like i said if im wrong please let me know, i had fun in this film but i couldn't get over these things
>>
File: zz4b70bcca.jpg (105 KB, 741x722) Image search: [Google]
zz4b70bcca.jpg
105 KB, 741x722
>>63731695
But this isn't?
>>
can anybody remember the opening crawl text?

what i got so far:

Episode VII

The Force Awakens

Luke Skywalker has vanished. [...] From the remnants of the Empire, the First Order has arisen.
>>
>>63731681
In my country the movie is dubbed and the voice acting was flawless.
Did she really act like shit? With professionals covering shitty actors mistakes you could never tell.
>>
What do you think the big twist in the sequel trilogy will be?

If it's just that Rey and Ben are brothers, then that will be the fucking lamest thing they can do because it seems hinted a lot.
>>
>>63731695
it's not.

i went to the movie expecting it not to be a fucking remake.

This was why George Lucas was pissed off. They took his fucking movie.
>>
the mystery of who poe was talking to in the beginning lingers on
>>
>>63731741
>brothers

Did you mean siblings? lmao
>>
>>63731741
R2-D2 is BB-8's mother.
>>
>>63731695

Rey never goes to Lars San Tekka

Han Solo doesn't help them escape from Jakku

Ren is not Kylo's cousin
>>
>>63731736
She kept stuttering, she was honestly pretty bad.
>>
I liked it
>>
>>63731711
Most performances were solid. Nothing spectacular, but good enough.
>>
>>63731768
>>63731741
Rey is obviously a boy before they changed his gender to hide his identity.

The first transsexual main character in a star wars movie, how progressive :^)
>>
Daisy Ridley is by far the worst thing about the film. She is one of the worst actors I've ever seen in a big movie. I am shocked by how bad she was.

The CGI yellow thing with the goggles was awful. There was hardly any awesome music. The space battles were really bad. The plot made no sense and had no focus. The pacing was abysmal. Rey's motivation for anything remains a complete mystery. Characters in general are very, very poorly developed. There is no reason for the resistance to be there rather than just the republic. Snoke looks like the orc from the Hobbit.
>>
>>63731770
Who's the father?
>>
>>63731596

>Max Von Sydow was revealed together with the other main cast
>think he's going to have some big role and get hyped
>he literally gets killed 5 minutes into the movie

even worse than the 30 second appearance of Luke
>>
>>63731716
>How the fuck did chewy miss the shot on kylo ren?
You try shooting your best friend's son and tell us how easy it is.
>>
>>63731777
Of course she is.
>>
>Han comes back as a force ghost granted by Obi-wan and Yoda
>Confronts Kylo again, turning him to the light.
>Kylo kills himself
>Snoke is Luke from the future trying to make sure Kylo stays dark and doesn't die.
>>
>>63731736
Well, first time i heard Luke's original voice from episode 4 I was shoked about how bad it was, I still don't get how people had the courage to cry about Anakin's?
>>
>>63731767
the opening crawl said it's an old ally of leia's
>>
>BB-8 giving Finn a thumbs up with the blowtorch

ok i will admit i legitimately laughed at that
>>
>>63731811
3CPO.
>>
>>63731836
can someone link me the transcript of the opening crawl?
>>
>>63731843
This and the storm troppers turning around after Kylo's tantrum were pretty funny desu.
>>
>>63731793
No.
Rey was terrible. Boyega wasn't good. Kylo wasn't anything special. Both Ford and Fisher were cringy.
That's not "good' by any strech of the imagination.
>>
>>63731813
Poor guy was just a sensible guy who was backstabbed by his nephew, who decided to do worse things than those his evil long lost father did, then killed his best friend\his sister's lover and absolutely rekt numerous solar systems.
Of course he's a little sad. When I saw him almost crying all I could think was "I totally understand why he wasn't in this ffs"
>>
>>63731810
>There is no reason for the resistance to be there rather than just the republic. S
I really, really don't understand this.

The Empire got BTFO after Endor. Or maybe it was evens. Either way, the New Republic was founded. Somewhere down the line the Empire became The First Order and the Rebels became a resistance that was under the protection of the Republic, but not a part of it since they see themselves as separate.

What?
>>
Someone can repost the picture of Luke from the movie?
>>
The dialogue on the bridge reminded me of Episode II.
It was strange. They talked like normal human during the rest of the film. Then they switched to prequel mode.
>>
Is the stormtroopers "can't aim" meme in this movie? If so, is it distracting?
>>
pic related is a freighter
but can out maneuver smaller, more agile purpose built Tie fighters.

but according to Rey it's a piece of junk.
>>
>>63731777
that are minor details. The plot is still a copy of a new hope
>>
Was it just me who thought Mark Hamill was way too badass in this movie.

All he did was fucking stand there and he still seemed badass as all hell
>>
What did the guys from The Raid movies do?
>>
>>63731904
Cold war and proxy wars.
Really not that hard to understand.
>>
>>63731904
I was confused too. No Y-Wings, A-Wings, B-Wings just modified X-Wings. Was kinda strange or got that all blown up?
>>
>>63731904
The resistance is a military association made up of volontaries and ex-rebels that works for the new republic.
>>
>>63731759
>>63731695
You two are fucking retarded. The whole point of the trilogies is that history repeats. They're supposed to have parallels.
Remember Anakin leaving a desert planet with a mentor who dies at the hands of a sith and he blow up a space station?
That's the fucking point you putrid fucking contrarian retarded cunts.
>>
>>63731928
They actually hit and kill.
>>
>>63731965
it rhymes
>>
>>63731932

Don't forget it can slam into the ground repeatedly without being damaged in any way.
>>
>>63731596
They made Kylo this threatening guy in the trailers.

"I'll show them the dark side/darkness'' turned out to be ''s-show me the d-darkness grandfather please''

Fucken kek
>>
>>63731953
Regular thugs who were threatening Han Solo and then got taken the fuck out like bitches by a bunch of weird alien creatures
>>
>>63731877
You wouldn't know 'terrible' acting if it dick slapped you in the face. It was fine, not above or below the standard in a big budget Hollywood movie.
>>
>>63731824
Is my best friend son an evil cunt who just killed my best friend?
>>
>called the resistance even though you are in the majority from winning the war
How does this work and is the fleet a piece of shit
>>
>>63731965
There's a difference between parallels and doing the exact same movie again, from start to finish.
>>
File: 3.jpg (9 KB, 150x484) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
9 KB, 150x484
WTF is the point of this red arm?

Was it a test to see how autistic Star wars fans are?
>>
Why were X-Wings used as bombers? Was it because the general audience doesn't really remember Y-Wings so they don't appeal to nostalgia as much?

>>63731928
You can notice it. There's a scene with Rey being chased by a Stormtrooper in the forest planet and he completely misses her a few times.
>>
>>63731981
The falcon had it pretty rough this movie.
Nobody seems to be able to fly for shit.
>>
I think the problem with the movie is that, while a great movie, it's sort of hanging on to VIII to make it an incredible movie.

It's left its sequels to explain Rey and Ben and Finn and Snoke and the Knights and Luke and Leia and the order and the republic and Jakku and the map and the saber and Maz and the flashbacks and the this and that.

New Hope did the same I guess, but I dunno. The difference being this feeling more like a fourth movie than a start of a whole new trilogy.
>>
Probably going to see it tomorrow. Is it weird to go by myself? I know a few people who are going tomorrow, not sure what time and we're not much more than just acquaintances. They're all going together and no one invited me so I'm not going to ask to go with them.
>>
>>63732014
>>
>>63732014
It's explained in some comic or some shit.
>>
>>63732014
C3P0'S ARMS AREN'T FUCKING RED
BOYCOTT THIS SHIT MOVIE
>>
R2D2 more or less got Han killed by not informing the others of Lukes location sooner.

GJ R2
>>
Webms of Snoke talking to Kylo and Hux and Kylo killing Han? The others were taken down.
>>
>>63731946
He looked baked as fuck ... straight out of grateful dead festival
>>
>>63732046
What makes it great? You seem to just be giving negative thoughts on it, yet call it great.
>>
>>63731682
>Holy fuck i usually like chris

If your opinion was in the new star wars I'd cast it as Phasma
>>
This is literally JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little children..
>>
>>63732049
No. I went by myself tonight. None of my friends were willing to stay up for it. The only thing you miss out on is being able to talk to people immediately after the movie ends with regards to how you feel about it. Otherwise, you're watching a fucking film, not drinking at a bar.
>>
>>63732005

No, it was terrible. Ridley's delivery was the worst I've seen in a major picture probably ever.
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 217x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 217x320
wait hold the fuck up, I keep hearing people saying that r2d2 is bb-8's dad or something. When the fuck did droids the the ability to fuck, like wtf desu
>>
>>63732010
Except The Phantom Menace did it too. There's differences in story but the point is that Anakin and his family are fractures in the force and are destined to make the same mistakes. There's only one way to fix it and I think Luke knows that and that's why he's disappeared.

>>63732019
Probably because it was an X Wing that took out the Death Star when the Y Wings couldn't.
>>
>>63732014
The point was to make it as obvious as possible because nobody ever noticed that he has a silver leg. I watched some red carpet interview with the Anthony Daniels and he told the reporter that the stills photographer for the original film asked him why he was wearing a silver leg when they were already halfway through filming.
>>
>>63731946
He also looked like Jesus.
>>
>>63732075
wait, webms here were taken down? That's a bit odd.
>>
>>63732019

Y-Wings were never shown as bombers on screen. In fact all they're shown shooting are TIE Interceptors. Successfully.
>>
>>63731965
the denial is strong in you.

the prequels had elements from the older movies but a new story, Now they copy pasted everything
>>
>>63731920
and it was amazing.

Seriously - star wars has always been characterised by its bizarre and romanticized dialogue. But this film? Full of horse shit modern day dialogue and meme humour.

I'm so pleased the bridge scene switched back that old style of speak.
>>
>>63731990
>>63731990
>I'm immune to the light.

>I can feel the light, help me become immune.

Minor smiles through the movie. But mostly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
>>
dialogue was so stupid between the rat queen and bignig
>over here
>are you sure?
While running from death a few meters away
>>
>>63732005
Being better than straight-to-dvd isn't a measurement for good.
It's not only her facial expressions, the tone and delivery is sometimes definitively off.
>>
>>63732079
It's a good movie.

It's funny, it's filled with good action scenes.

Like Star Trek 09.
Oh.
>>
>>63731965
As much as /tv/ mocks the pottery, I think it's actually a very good concept but just not executed well. A good example of this concept working would be Metal Gear. MG needs a cinematic universe now.
>>
is snoke really a big guy or is he just projected as a big guy
>>
>>63732125
>>63732113
Still wierd that there was no A-, B- or Y-Wings.
>>
>>63732170
Projected as a big guy.
>>
>>63732170
Projected
He looked like the CG alien from the bar
>>
>>63732170
Projected, but he looks tall and slim, I imagine him to be Chewie tall.
>>
>>63732170
Projected.
>>
>>63732170
>big guy
He's probably normal sized and a human.
>>
>>63732177
A and B wings are the gay niggers of rebel craft anyway. Nobody likes them.
>>
>>63731965
I can't stop fucking laughing
You pathetic fauxgeeks
>>
File: jarjar.jpg (29 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
jarjar.jpg
29 KB, 600x338
better than you'd expect. better. even for an eu fan that's all there's to say. now go watch it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bwep_FFRwY
This is how Han Solo sounded the whole movie
Everytime he was on screen I felt there was his wife and children being held at gunpoint behind the camera
>>
>>63732079
Thats pretty much how all the reviews are going. It has flaws,rehash,etc. BUT OMG BEST MOVIE OF THE YEAR 100% FRESH.
>>
>>63732165
>MG needs a cinematic universe now.
Yes!
I like it. It could be done better in Star Wars but the clumsiness is part of its charm
>>
>>63732218
>>63732170
He's 7 feet tall or something.
>>
>>63732084
Nice blog post. Fuck weeaboos.
>>
>>63731990
I like him because they made me dislike him so much.
A brat that destroys stuff just because he doesn't think about what the hell he does, a sociopath and just a kid that wears a mask to feel like a man. He isn't a threatening villain, he is pathetic and that's good IMO. Snorky the sith dolphin will probably be the dark fucker you're looking for. You'll get answers eventually, in 3 years or so.
>>
File: KEK.gif (3 MB, 359x202) Image search: [Google]
KEK.gif
3 MB, 359x202
>>63732236
>eu fan
>people like the Vong
I'd give you Thrawn, at the very least.
>>
Did they kill Ford because they couldn't get him to stay for however many movies they are planning on making
>>
>>63732170
He's a big guy.
FOR YOU
>>
>>63732262
This. They managed to give him a whiny Anakin vibe but make it work.
>>
>>63732282
I imagine that had something to do with it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
I guarantee that it will be laughed eventually, not as hard as the prequels but it will be a figure of fun.
The fan boys are in too high spirits to think straight and would rather you called their mothers all the cunts under the sun than bring up JJ and his serving of fuckery in a negative light.
such as
Rey and her force powers with no training.
Kylo and his mind reading
Finn has a change of heart even after flawless conditioning
Luke's light saber shows up
The Flacon shows up
Han shows up
Artoo wakes up
Carrie Fishers stroke
Harrison Fords throat cancer
Mark Hamill's LSD trip to Ireland

and
many
many
more.
>>
File: bibfortuna.png (134 KB, 471x312) Image search: [Google]
bibfortuna.png
134 KB, 471x312
>>63731860
He's gay
>>
>>63732282
Because they want to move on. More Han in the next movie will just take up space that needs to be spent on Luke and then 100% the new cast.
>>
>>63732316
nice repost, now fuck off
>>
>>63732014
to sell extra toys obviously
>>
>>63732282
Have you ever seen an interview with the man? He hates doing this shit, and literally only keeps doing it for the $. He probably only agreed to one movie.
>>
>HOW WAS REY ABLE TO DEFEAT KYLO IT MAKES NO SENSE?

1. Kylo has been shot and is bleeding badly
2. He was glanced during his fight Finn and is physically exhausted already
3. He just killed his dad and is an emotional trainwreck during the fight
4. Rey is stronger with the force, this is established when she blocks him from reading her mind in the interrogation
>>
>>63732359
You too tourist
>>
>>63732170

I FUCKING HATE YOU TMD
>>
Pretty much confirmed by the music that Snoke is Sheev's old master. Same theme that plays when Sheev is telling the story of his master plays when Snoke's hologram appears, just like the emperor's theme would play anytime Sideous appeared on hologram.
>>
File: 2204540-vader1.jpg (135 KB, 992x951) Image search: [Google]
2204540-vader1.jpg
135 KB, 992x951
>Post yfw the climax of Ep 9 is a beat for beat, shot for shot remake of the climax of Ep 3 just with Kylo and Luke replacing Anakin and Obi Wan
>>
>>63732373
>HOW WAS REY ABLE TO DEFEAT KYLO IT MAKES NO SENSE?

Are people really asking this. It's Max vs Furiosa all over again.
>>
>>63732365
too bad they had no new space fighters, they could have sold a few
>>
>>63732399
>I HAVE FAILED YOU KYLO... I have failed you
>>
Kylo just seemed like no matter which side he was on he would suffer because the Force is a bitch.

Solo should just have told him to throw away the saber and the Force and come do smuggler things with him.

Fuck the Force really.
Kreia.jpg
>>
Rey was fucking terrible in this, she has no charisma whatsoever. Both Finn and Poe were better acted and better characters.
>>
I thought Keira Knightley was pretty good in this.
>>
>>63732373
You are implying mind reading works with other force users
>>
File: 1398485209270.jpg (17 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1398485209270.jpg
17 KB, 225x225
>>63732399
>It's over Kylo! I have the high ground..
>>
File: lol.gif (489 KB, 317x214) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
489 KB, 317x214
>>63732399
>Kylo starts doing gif related
>Crossguards cut his arms off
>>
>let's use the force
>that's not how the force works

LOL
>>
>Ep VIII
>Kylo still struggling with light side.
>Rey struggles with Dark side.
>Luke and Snoke send them into separate versions of the Dagobah cave.
>Hayden Christiansen appears to both of them.
>Playing Anakin and Vader
>Rey defeats lsd Vader
>Kylo defeats lsd Anakin
>They emerge confident in their side of the force
>Go off to fight again
>POTERY
>>
>>63732421
>I HATE YOU!
>>
Only good actor was Poe
>>
>>63732373
>HOW WAS SIDIOUS ABLE TO ONESHOT KIT FISTO
>HOW WAS DOUKU ABLE TO ONESHOT OBI-WAN TWICE
>HOW WAS LUKE ABLE TO DEFEAT HIS FATHER WHEN THE FIGHT WAS 90% VADER KICKING HIS ASS
>HOW WAS VADER ABLE TO PICK UP THE EMPEROR AND THROW HIM AWAY IF THE EMPEROR IS SO POWERFUL
Really, this should just the last of people's concerns. Rey won without any nonsense. She was an athletic girl, strong in the force who had a deadly weapon and a wounded and tired enemy whose training was not yet complete and whose abilities were inferior to hers to begin with.
>>
was kylo the one who fucked up luke's new jedi academy
>>
>>63732482
That's what is implied
>>
>>63732452
....That actually sounds amazing.
>>
>>63732387
That's not very nice herp

>>63732170
Hi TMD
>>
>>63732482
No
Luke had an autistic heart attack when his best student turned dark

So he shut it down so no one else can turn dark
>>
>>63732084
This is the best pasta i've ever seen.
>>
>>63732450
I liked that. Boyega's character was great. Totally fit the role of not having a fucking clue of what was going on and just doing his best.
>>
camrip where
>>
>>63732112
It's a meme!
>>
>>63732519
I thought he was the jarjar
The comic relief
>>
File: adam-driver-kylo-ren.jpg (76 KB, 759x500) Image search: [Google]
adam-driver-kylo-ren.jpg
76 KB, 759x500
>>63732482
"Some of you younglings are alright. Don't go to the academy tomorrow if you are in the northwest"
>>
>>63731596
need a torrent bud!
>>
>>63731953

was pissed off when they got rekt so easily..
i was expecting them to do some The Raid martial arts..
>>
>>63732457
>KYLO THE KNIGHTS OF REN ARE EVIL!
>From my point of view the Jedi are evil!
>>
Did anyone else notice some weird as fuck focussing issues?

Like there were certain shots that relied on racking focus, but the effect was jarring as fuck. Really awkward snaps
>>
I'm not usually on at this time. But the shit posting about this movie has settled down a fuck load from a few hours ago. Holy fuck, people actually have good things to say about it, discussing good and bad, without spouting memes every other sentence. Is America asleep?

>>63732452
lel. wouldwatch/10
>>
>>63732513
>teacher finds out student does meth
>stops teaching high school so nobody does meth anymore
fucking flawless forethinking Luke. Now only the Sith and the Ren Knights are recruiting, you fucking faggot.
>>
Did they even show the other knights of Ren? I may have missed it, but was the scene from the trailer with them all in it?
>>
Okay I'm not a Star Wars nerd by any means. I haven't watched the earlier episodes in years and I barely remember them. But I just saw the new one and I have one question which is probably real stupid.

Han Solo is Ren's father but Ren also refers to Vader as grandfather. How are they all related again?
>>
>paying real money to see an interracial porn parody of A New Hope
>>
File: 1.png (9 KB, 843x114) Image search: [Google]
1.png
9 KB, 843x114
>Daisy Ridley: JJ Abrams called my acting ‘wooden’
>>
Plagueis = Snoke

Right guys??
>>
File: knights.jpg (153 KB, 1827x593) Image search: [Google]
knights.jpg
153 KB, 1827x593
>>63732611
Yeah after Rey touches the lightsaber and has the visions
>>
>>63732619
Who is his mother? Think for a second.
>>
>>63732611

Part of the visions Rey has after touching the lightsaber.

It might be the visions of the future or past, only time will tell
>>
>>63732586
It's more like he gave the students the tools

I highly doubt an actual Dark side student could beat a Jedi trained by Luke

Jedi who go dark are more dangerous
>>
>>63732619
Han Solo is his father, Leia is his mother.
Leia was Vader's daughter and Luke's sister.
R2 is BB8's mother.
>>
>>63732611
It was part of Rey's flashback vision sequence
>>
>>63732619

Leia is Vader's daughter

Han and Leia are Ren's parents
>>
Heres finn vs meleetrooper. Just doesnt look star warsy to me
vidDOTme/s3tm
>>
>>63732619
Vader is the father of Leia who is married to Han
Hence Han is father and Vader is grandfather
Luke is brother of Leia so uncle of Kylo
>>
>>63732619
Vader is his grandfather because Leia (Vaders daughter) is his mother.
>>
>>63732641
>Snoke = Smoke = Burning Vader = Darkside
Darth Snoke is Vader's Darkside energy given life, that's why he's all melty looking
>>
>>63732649
Duh...
>>
>>63732640
link?
>>
>>63732640
Well if he judges acting by Gleeson standards that's understanble
>>
>>63732647
Who's the lanky tall guy?
>>
>>63732640
He's not wrong
>>
BIGGEST PILE OF SHIT SINCE EPISODE 1
>>
Music was pretty generic desu
>>
>>63732669
deleted already
>>
>>63732669
Not working.
>>
>>63732655
If Luke is stronk as he was shown to be in the EU he could very well just rek everyone on his own.
Dude's a fucking beast with the lightsaber and knows the Force like his fucking pockets with little to no training ffs.
>>
>>63732674
>>63732672
>>63732665
>>63732660
>>63732649
Oh. Well I was right it was a stupid question. But I honestly forgot.
>>
>>63732693
its the first prequel movie rehashed. are you saying A New Hope was bad?
>>
>>63732697
I was so let down by the music, was expecting any kind of Duel of Fates-esque nice and unique stuff but nope, we just got the Force theme over and over and over and over again
>>
>>63732681

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/star-wars-the-force-awakens/daisy-ridley-jj-abrams-interview/
>>
>>63732701
Try again
>>
>>63731965
yeah, it rhymes, great.

the cat / sat on the mat / and on the mat / there was a rat / next to the cat
>>
>>63732744
Nigger wants to feel special because the movie was enjoyable and exaggerating its flaws and spitting shit with no argumentation makes him look cultured and edgy on the internet.
>>
>>63732640
He's absolutely right.
>>
>>63732769
>Hmm... this page doesn't seem to exist.
>>
>>63732531
>>63732531
I too, want to know where the cam rip/screens/ are coming from
>>
>>63732576
Just the way JJ directs. He moves the camera around too much, especially for a Star Wars movie.
>>
>>63732769
"Hmm... this page doesn't seem to exist.
If you think there's a problem or bug, please holler at us."
>>
>>63732769
You fucked up the link, fag. Post it again
>>
>>63732584
America hasn't seen the movie yet, only Euros are discussing right now.
In a few hours /tv/ will be unbrowsable, get ready for a /pol/ invasion of unprecedented scale
>>
So my question to you guys is: what do you think will happen in Episode VIII?
>>
>>63732816
Https://vidDOTme/S3TM

Try now
>>
>>63732823
Ausfags just seen it
I was surprised a couple of people behind me clapped
>>
>post yfw Luke goes full Darth Traya and decides to rek the Force itself to avoid history from repeating itself countless times.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 498x497) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 498x497
>>63732054
>>
>>63732805
I actually enjoyed how free the camera was. It made the prequels look like amateur, fan-made shit

I especially liked camera during the Rey/Kylo duel. Some neato backpedalling shots
>>
>>63732830
Dramatic twist reveal involving Rey
>>
>>63732845
>>post yfw Luke goes full Darth Traya and decides to rek the Force itself to avoid history from repeating itself countless times.

Is it still poetry if it no longer rhymes?
>>
>>63732843
2 people behind me started to clap then stopped after like 5 seconds

I wouldn't be surprised if they were /tv/ autists
>>
File: insidePoeDamaeron.jpg (500 KB, 1281x2854) Image search: [Google]
insidePoeDamaeron.jpg
500 KB, 1281x2854
REY IS RELATED TO THE SKYWALKER/SOLO

This is a pattern for every ending of a star wars film.

Everytime when there are two characters in the ending sequence it states some thing family related.

Attack of the Clones = Anakin and Padme (Husband and Wife)
Revenge of the Sith = Owen and Beru (Uncle and Aunt)
Empire Strikes Back = Luke and Leia (Brother and Sister)
The Force Awakens = Luke and Rey (Uncle and Niece? or Father and Daughter?)

remember at that time we have no idea that Luke and Leia are Family.. from this subtle hint in The Force Awakens that Rey and Luke are some what related.

REY WAS THERE DURING THE JEDI MASSACRE

She had a vision when she touches the lightsaber. She sees herself as a kid, she sees the Jedi getting rekt.. she was there.. she was to be trained as a youngling but to save her from getting slaughtered by the Ren, she was sent away.. Is she Kylo's younger sister? or is she Luke's long lost daughter? Shes the "A New New Hope" the pure good who will be ready and by the ways of the force guide her to Luke.

also to get into more subtle hint.. SHE WAS WEARING A REBEL PILOT HELMET THAT LOOKED SIMILAR TO LUKE'S

its too fucking obvious JAY JAY
>>
File: 245.jpg (303 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
245.jpg
303 KB, 699x1211
>>63732785
>no argumentation
its a remake get over it manchild
>>
>>63732838
Snoke made the wrong choice when picking an apprentice, give that Stormtrooper a lightsaber, Darth Storm is a better villain that Kylo "Like so conflicted" Ren
>>
File: 1313341345074.png (12 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1313341345074.png
12 KB, 500x500
how has everyone seen it? is there a camrip or something?
>>
>>63732838
Got it

Yeah looks like generic JJ
>>
>that way Luke looked at Rey at the end
Was it just me or did it look like he RECOGNISED her? Rey Skywalker perhaps?
>>
>>63732853
Are you stupid?
I dare you to describe how Rey disarmed Kylo, that scene was probably one of the worse directed of the movie.
>>
Ok yes it felt like a reboot slot but I enjoyed it its opened up loads of questions which I hope I don't have to get all the books comics and cartoons to get answers too but knowing disney probably will have to
>>
>>63732904
EUROPE
AUSTRALIA
TIMEZONES

READ THE THREAD
>>
VIII
>Rey trains with Luke
>Kylo and the Knights of Ren appears
>Build an incomplete StarKiller
>Rey saves the day
>Snoke will have his physical manifestation with Kylo and become the major villain ala Thanos
>>
>>63731653
Sounds reasonable.
>>
>>63732904
Not everyone lives in the U.SHIT.A faggot
>>
>>63732922
I think he was surprised by the lightsaber, not rey
>>
>>63732904
Its out in Europe and Australia m8
>>
>>63732904
It's been out in europe for almost a full day
>>
>>63732830
>EPISODE VIII
Luke teaches stuff but Rey gtfo too son.
Rey and Kylo fight, but Rey gets rekt this time because Kylo was trained too and now he's the shit.
Finn\Poe gets hunted by the first order and he gets abducted and sealed away.
Rey finds out where she comes from.
No big space battle.
>EPISODE IX
Rey saves Finn\Poe.
Luke dies.
Big fucking battle.
Kylo comes back to the light, betrays Snorky the dolphin and then dies while Rey becomes a full Jedi.
A native population on a moon-forest celebrates this while Leia nods at the protagonists smiling.
>>
>>63732928
m8 I can't remember every single shot

The entire duel can't be boiled down to a single confusing shot, don't be fucking stupid
>>
What was the point of captain phasma?

Just to show that wimyn can be stormtroopers too?
>>
>>63732904
Midnight screenings in the UK
>>
So senpai. How are they explaining how they got Luke/Anakins lightsaber. cgi black chick just said she'll explain later.
>>
>>63732853
Yet somehow he does random cut to characters for no reason, or stays too long.
Like when Driver is pushing Rey toward the cliff.
>2s cut on Driver
>2s on Rey
>1s on Driver
>3s on Rey
>1s on Driver again
>2s on Rey, then they fight again
Or that whole ending scene, holy shit
>>
>>63732976
Sell more toys, same reason 3PO is now Punished 3PO
>>
>>63732976
I'm pretty sure some of the Storm Troopers on Jakku at the start were female. Some of them looked really slender.
>>
>>63732976
pretty much
>>
>>63732888
not my fault if you can't enjoy anything. Have you ever even been happy?
>>
>>63732165
Not without Kojima and Kurt Russel playing Snake.
>>
>>63732961
It's like poetry.
>>
>>63731653
Literally just got back and this is p accurate, but I liked it more. One thing though: I liked seeing references, but they seriously can't do it again. This was way more than enough.
>>
>>63732853
Maybe I just have an antiquated view of how a Star Wars movie should look but the free flowing camera was pretty jarring, especially when there were X-wings in the shot.

I did like the opening shot a lot but the style lost the novelty after a while. It just didn't feel like star wars even though it had all the imagery from the OT.

>>63732976
Bait for Boba Fett autists and women. She's the worst character in a whole movie of uninspired characters.
>>
>>63733015
im happy right now. are you projecting?
>>
>>63732843
Everyone else clapped in the cinema I was in at the midnight release. Yes, I'm also an Ausfag
>>
>>63732976
Her sole purpose was to shut down the shields. It's criminal how underused she was

>>63732995
>Or that whole ending scene, holy shit
FUCK THAT SHIT. That circling shot was awful, it looked like a news broadcast
>>
Someone give me some spoiler webms
>>
>>63733041
From NZ went to the afternoon show.
As soon as it finished everyone just walked out
no clapping
>>
>>63733041
I was at an aus midnight release. No one clapped, no one gasped or did dumb shit when Han died. I was so proud of everyone for not being intolerable autists.
>>
>>63733038
>being happy
>posting on 4chan
nobody believes you, fatweeb.
>>
>>63733041
I went to the next day morning release
It wasn't filled at all, but I am in a suburb in wa
>>
>>63733033
The 14 parsecs line made me cringe
>>
>>63732014
>>63732054
R2-D2, I'm already a demon.
>>
>Episode 9 The Jedi's Revenge
>Snoke and the New Order looking as strong as ever
>All hope seems lost for the resistance
>Luke dies after teaching Rey her final lesson.
>Becomes Force Ghost
>Finn Dies as a hero, sacrificing himself to save the heroes.
>Epic fight between Kylo and Rey. Kylo loses
>Star fight thrown in there somewhere.
>Leia dies leaving Poe as the new Leader of the resistance
>As all hope seems lost for Rey during her fight with Snoke. Kylo Ren steps up to help Rey defeat the Dark lord.
>Bittersweet ending
>Poe is deeling with duties of becoming the new King of the Alliance
>Kylo vows to help start a new Order training Jedi
>Rey walks off into the sunset Clint Eastwood style leaving the audience unsure of what comes next

You JUST KNOW this is how the last episode will turn out. Kasdan and JJ are too predictable. They will just use the original RoTJ ending before Lucas ruined it
>>
>>63733074
From Italy, went to the 9 pm show.
Everyone clapped and nobody got out until all the credits had rolled.
You NZ people are a really shitty public aren't you
>>
>>63732963
except it was the most important shot of the duel and it was fucking botched, not a single guy I know got WTF happened to kylo, he could've lost an hand for what we knew because of how shitty that scene was,
I asked another friend if he had got that scene and after the second screening he still hadn't get it.
>>
>>63733086
I was still full hype mode then. Thought it was neat, but now... Ehhhhh
>>
File: soul.jpg (7 KB, 250x173) Image search: [Google]
soul.jpg
7 KB, 250x173
>>63733044
>That circling shot was awful
>When I saw she still had her arm raised and that they went back to a shot/countershot after that
>>
>>63733109
maybe we don't have shit taste
you and your country people enjoyed that shit?
>>
>>63733075
I envy you anon
>>
So why did r2d2 conveniently powerd up in the end of the movie?

They could have really used Luke's help.
>>
>>63733074
Same in the UK, but we never clap for films. The only time in my 27 years I've seen a film that ended with clapping was Iron Man.

>>63733044
>>63732976
I thought Phasma was supposed to be one of the big bads of the film. I'm sure I'd read somewhere that her armour was supposed to be cortosis weave, so I was expecting her to actually do shit against a light saber like CQC Stormtrooper did.
>>
>>63733076
wew lad
im /fit/ and live a comfortable life

you wont become happy by telling yourself other people are at your level m8.

good night sir and i hope you become happy
>>
>>63733113
Just admit you thought it was good until you read /tv/
>>
>>63733134
He only powers up when a main char dies
>>
Am I the only one who wants Kylo to impale me with his lightsaber too?
>>
Just wondering, but what;s the big deal about Star Wars anyways?

I'll admit I wasn't part of the generation who grew up with it but, after rewatching the movies, at most I'd say they're okay but I can't see what all the hubbub is about.

Is it because the effects, story, and setting were revolutionary at the time? Or was it because it was the start of the nerd sci-fi culture and stuff?

Just honestly curious here.
>>
>>63732961
That sounds incredibly dissapointing and predictable, which is why it is exactly what's gonna happen in the next movies.
>>
>>63733112
Oh fuck, I remember the shot now

I actually thought his legs were cut off because of the way he landed
>>
>>63733041
also midnight screening here,

can confirm most clappage was at reveal of Falcon and Han turning up.

No one gave a shit about Luke at the end because it was expected.
>>
Am I the only dude who doesn't care about the "redoing the same" thing?
The prequels did it too, but they were awful.
I guess now it's just the Star Wars formula and it will apply to this trilogy too.
Is it that bad that somebody is gonna lose an arm in the next movie? Is it so bad that the good guys will win again? As long as it's fun to watch and warms your heart it's a good movie ffs.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.