[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Say what you want about him, but at least he had a creative imagination
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 26
File: george-lucas-600cs051612[1].jpg (42 KB, 600x433) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas-600cs051612[1].jpg
42 KB, 600x433
Say what you want about him, but at least he had a creative imagination and was able to come up with new interesting and unique concepts. People trashed things like midichlorians, jar jar, and podracing, but at least they were completely new ideas, not just the exact same plot rehashed. Basically Lucas is the ultimate "ideas guy", he is a factory that pumps out ideas, some great, some terrible. He just sucks at filtering out the bad ideas from the good ones, and is bad in execution. When he has someone to tell him which ideas are good and which are bad, as well as assist in directing, he can produce a masterpiece. When he's all alone with no assistance, is a confused mess. Nevertheless, its still more talent than someone who just rehashes the LITERAL EXACT SAME CONCEPT.
>>
I agree. Lucas is an inconsistent visionary, and Abrams is a talentless hack.
>>
>2 days after release of TFA I actually unironically start missing Lucas
And I thought it was just a meme.
>>
>>63731433
Tbh whatever horseshit he shit out would've been 1000 times more creative and interesting than a new hope reboot w/ cameos
>>
continuing dubs
>>
>>63731433
You're right, the guy has ideas. The problem is that he's probably too stubborn to listen to people when they tell him he's going full retard. That's how you get ayy lmaos in Indiana Jones.
>>
>>63731433
Prequels are OT knock offs though
>>
I haven't even seen TFA and I anyway know the amount of classic moments the film will give us is precisely 0
>>
>>63731775
literally this.
>>
>>63731433
fuck off pottery barn
>>
>>63731882
It's not he's too stubborn, its that he became too rich and powerful, and just like any dictator, became surrounded by yes-men like Rick McCallum who just suck his dick at every turn and reaffirm his notion that his ideas are brilliant. They don't want to stand up to him and challenge his ideas , cause they are just there for a paycheck and don't care if the movie is shit.
>>
>>63731775
I miss George too.
>>
gib faxmachina
>>
This is literally JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little children
>>
>>63732070
>Look mom, I posted it again!
>>
It's over.
>>
>>63732070
>this shitty pasta for the 400th time
>>
>>63731433
Why would anyone trash pod racing? It filled the CG/race/car scene checkbox pretty well and it spawned a pretty good home console videogame and arcade cabinet attraction.
>>
>>63732070
video games>anime
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 615x409
I'm willing to bet that Disey actually dictated to Abrams quite heavily on this latest film. It is for the fans, but at least someone had the guts to make it.

Now they can go in a more creative direction when this under performs. I hope they borrow heavily from Zahn.
>>
>>63731433
I'm thinking BJ Dart.
>>
>>63731882
>too stubborn to listen to people when they tell him he's going full retard
No, he wants to do his film. It's not their film, it's not their ideas. He is the sole author of his films and has every right to put in whatever idea he wants. Nobody should interfere with the artists works or his decisions.
>>
File: 1a.drunk-570.jpg (50 KB, 570x450) Image search: [Google]
1a.drunk-570.jpg
50 KB, 570x450
Anyone who ever saw J.J.'s Super 8 knew what was going to happen with Episode 7.

So glad I didn't jump on the hype wagon.
>>
What's wrong with TFA?

All I can think of is they had trouble making room for plot
>an ancient evil awakens
>>
>>63732792
Stop making excuses for jj hackbrams
He's always been average at best
>>
At least when Lucas was making them, you never knew what you were going to get.

Am I going to get a movie about a political dispute over taxes starring a racist rabbit and an enslaved child who races space go-karts?
Am I going to get a noir detective pastiche starring a space samurai and his sand-hating partner that culminates in gladiatorial combat?
Am I going to get an homage to Triumph of the Will and '40s newsreels featuring a lovestruck teenager who massacres a bunch of children?

You never knew, stepping into the theater. I'd watch a million new prequels made by George just to see what crazy ideas Lucas came up with and horribly failed to smoothly incorporate into the script. They'd be a horrible viewing experience unlike anything that ever came before

Meanwhile, J.J. Abrams made a movie that we've already seen once before. Not unique in the slightest. What a hack!
>>
>no-one really cares that Han dies, only Chewbacca (!) really emotes, Leia doesn't even cry
>Kylo's motivation makes no real sense, seems to hate his parents for no real reason apart from edgelord
>new empire has 90% of Luke's travel but doesnt just search the one section of map they don't have
>starkiller doesnt really do anything that a Death Star can't, and it takes an entire sun to power it
>blow up Coruscant for some reason
>everyone leaves their enemies alone for no reason (everyone to Kylo, Kylo to Finn, then Rey to Kylo again)
>everyone apart from the bad guys do literally nothing for 3 decades
>Poe and Finn crash, Poe is presumed dead and then magically appears with no explanation
>R2 reawakens with no explanation
>Anakin's/Luke's lightsabre magically appears with no explanation
>General Hux (?) is some terrible fucking casting, almost as bad as Kylo
>Why does Kylo wear the mask?
>Kylo being Han and Leia's son is revealed rather mundanely
>no real light sabre duels, cutaway during at least one of them
>strange editing and pacing in general
>millenium falcon can enter star killer via warp drive, disables the shield so everyone else can get through, despite entry being possible anyway
>Kylo is particularly difficult to understand, most people speak quite muffled
>terrible attempts at humour, though delivery was good
>pretty bad acting from most involved
>Luke doesn't even speak, just gaped at Rey like she was naked
>good guys avoid fire by just running/flying in a straight line

I liked it.
>>
Why would you prefer something new that's completely shit over something that's a rehash but just mediocre? Do you enjoy eating shit?
>>
>>63733603
It's a fucking complete remake of A New Hope, nothing new really, at all and they also fucked with one of the most likes characters of the franchise. If they were going to do a remake, why have the original characters in it anyway
>>
>>63731775
THIS THIS THIS
>>
>>63731433
Totally agree OP, was gonna make a thread like this but you said it better than I could have
>>
>>63732070
Yeah I get it, anime directors in the past were better than both Lucas and JJ. But anime after the year 2000 or so started to turn into utter shit
>>
>>63731433
>but at least he had a creative imagination and was able to come up with new interesting and unique concep
you don't read many books do you?
>>
>>63734754
Wait, that was Coruscant? That's some destroying Vulcan and Romulus for shits and giggles level hackery.
>>
File: image.jpg (253 KB, 698x1075) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253 KB, 698x1075
>>63733603
>>
>>63731775

it's like how much you hate your dad because of all the embarrassing things he does that piss you off, but when he's gone you miss him and his annoying quirks.

Even if your new stepdad has his head on straight more, he's just so fucking bland it's even less tolerable than your real dad's cringe worthy yet lovable and original stupidity.
>>
>>63735131
Abrams has ALREADY destroyed Vulcan for shits and giggles.
>>
>>63735348
That was my point.

That's two franchises he has destroyed majorly important planets for no reason at all.
>>
>>63731433

I've never insulted George. If I were a guy working on Episode VII, I'd make sure to crucify Jewjew and then welcome him back.
>>
both star trek movies are the same
>>
>Something comes out
>People hate it
>Something new comes out
>People pretend to like the old thing

Every.
Single.
Time.

Whether it is films, books, video games, music, anime... Every single time this happens.
>>
Has 100s of millions in the 80s. Yeah cocaine for all those ideas musta been real hard for George to get his hands on.. he might have had to ask Carrie for a bump even..
>>
>>63735398
Literally give one example of this ever happening
>>
>>63735413
Every single Zelda game.
>>
>>63735464
>video games
>>
>>63735464
I only own Legend for my NES
Anything else would be derrivitive shit. Oh sure people say Link was good but fuck that side scrolling shit.

Youlose.jpg
>>
File: 1449723828885.gif (957 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
1449723828885.gif
957 KB, 500x420
>>63734754

>Coruscant destroyed Death Star style
>>
File: lucas.jpg (64 KB, 576x530) Image search: [Google]
lucas.jpg
64 KB, 576x530
>>63731433
I miss george.
Even at his worst he was still more entertaining and interesting than jew jew jewbrahams.
>>
>>63733565
Also lost sucked
>>
>>63735413
Every president
>>
>>63731775
>>63731956
>>63732036
>i miss Georges Lucas after 2 days because i know he will not come back.

It's like a black father, cùcks.
>>
>>63735552
If this is true I will be fucking pissed. I LIKE Coruscant. Couldn't they fucking blow up Jakku? Do we really need TWO desert planets?
>>
>>63735334
well fucking put, have an internet point.
>>
>>63731433
so you're saying the new star wars introducced nothing new to the lore and merely "rehashed" concepts from an already established universe and that he actually created nothing original?
>>
>>63731433
The problem with Lucas is he can't stick with a thought. He changes his mind about everything. Read the scripts for Star Wars each draft wasn't refining the idea it was just a new idea each time and finally he went... Yeah I'll film this. This is why he could never leave shit alone
>>
>>63731975
I think he eventually realized that.

Remember that story about them wanting to give Starkiller from Force Unleashed a Darth title, and when they asked him for suggestions he said "Darth Insaneus" or "Darth Icky".

Well I think that was him realizing what type of people were around him and testing out what they'd say. And when they said "Ok George, that's great!... You know what he's not a real Sith so we won't worry about making him a Darth, but thanks anyway!" he realized how full of shit they were and decided to sell up to Disney
>>
>>63735334
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V2ylVXLgcQ
>>
>>63734754
It wasn't Coruscant. It was something called the Hosnian system. But everything else is spot on. I don't understand why you liked it though.
>>
>>63732792
>when this under preforms
good one sampie
>>
I told my friend this today
I said I kind of wish Lucas was in charge
Not making it just overall in charge
He sighed and agreed

Makes me laugh cause I feel like we were really just not trying to say the truth we wanted George to just be fully in charge and making it again
Me and my friend are also people that never were excited when he sold the rights to disney
>>
>>63736151

Pretty much. New giant death star, Kylo turned to the dark side by killing all the pupils like Anakin did etc. Rehashed crap.
>>
>>63731433

Podracing is a complete rip-off from Ben Hur and that movie came out IN 1959 FOR FUCKS SAKES.

Lucas also ripped off e.g. westerns and japanese samurai films to the extent that basically Ep IV is a Kurosawa film in space.
>>
I miss lucas. The prequels at their worst were still more memorable than TFA.
It's SUCH a fucking letdown.
>>
>>63736718
>ben hur, samurai, western IN SPACE
That's pretty genius t b h lad
>>
>>63731775
It's like poetry.

I miss him too ;_;
>>
>>63736718
Yes but he didn't rip off star wars to make another star wars
>>
>>63734726
>Am I going to get a noir detective pastiche starring a space samurai and his sand-hating partner that culminates in gladiatorial combat?

you make AoC sound so much better than it actually was
>>
>>63731433
>When he has someone to tell him which ideas are good and which are bad, as well as assist in directing, he can produce a masterpiece
this^

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/star-wars-was-born-a-long-time-ago-but-not-all-that-far-far-away-in-1972-filmmakers-george-lucas-and-gary-kurtz-wer/
>>
>>63736747
Worked for ST:TOS
>>
>>63736818
it unironically WAS an attempt to do things that a Star Wars prequel would have benefited from - different kinds of story. I mean, a sci-fi noir, an olde hollywood romance, and ben hur mashup all together might never have been workable, but you can tell that at least the seeds of a good movie were present.
>>
It seems that people complained so hard about the prequels that Disney decided to cowardly give a safe and by the numbers movie instead of trying to give us something new and fresh.
>>
File: lol_eva_beatrice.png (46 KB, 220x190) Image search: [Google]
lol_eva_beatrice.png
46 KB, 220x190
>>63734754
>*all*
>>
File: yummy_cookie.png (84 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
yummy_cookie.png
84 KB, 400x225
>>63735226
>>
File: 1323095496605.jpg (48 KB, 300x339) Image search: [Google]
1323095496605.jpg
48 KB, 300x339
>>63735637
was this a discussion about Soul Calibur IV??
>>
>>63735334
this hit a little too close to home
>>
File: 1434965021441.gif (510 KB, 700x827) Image search: [Google]
1434965021441.gif
510 KB, 700x827
>>63735334
>>
The writing in the new one is pretty much the worst thing I have heard all year delivered with the worst acting I have seen all year.

https://a.pomf.cat/xsnrpn.webm

>NO THE SUPREME LEADER IS WISE
Who writes this shit?

Even lucas would be embarassed.
>>
>>63737239
>Who writes this shit?
>Even lucas would be embarassed

Have you ever seen a Star War? The dialogue is always pulpy af
>>
>>63737239

oh wow that delivery is total shit

kylo sounds like an asian guy that's dubbed over in a z-grade movie

what they fuck were they thinking
>>
>>63737272
>The dialogue is always pulpy af
Yeah, lucas writes pulp dialog that is memorable.
TFA has literally CRINGE dialog that is neither memorable nor well-delivered.
This movie is a catastrophy of a blunder.
>>
>>63737239
>JJ Abrams
>religion: Judaism
>Leader of the First Order is the "Supreme Leader"
>coincidentally the senior religious cleric in the Islamic Republic of Iran, a strong opponent of Israel's legitimacy and its interests in that same region is also called by his followers in Iran "The Supreme Leader"

coincidence? I think not.
>>
>>63737318
>what they fuck were they thinking?

>$$$$
>>
>>63734754
Those are literally the same things Lucas also did in both trilogies, you are just too nostalgia to face it.

Also Kylos' s motivations will be revealed in the next movie.
>>
File: 1424399523998.jpg (37 KB, 680x548) Image search: [Google]
1424399523998.jpg
37 KB, 680x548
>>63737239

>Han Solo's body is lost forever and won't be given a proper burial

For some reason that always gets to me in a story.
>>
>>63737372
The whole thing was filled with dumb jokes and bantering to the point that it felt like fucking Whedon wrote it.
>>
>>63731775
FUCKING THIS
>>
>>63732265
It was too long.
>>
JJ is the EMBODIMENT of soulless jewish filmmaking.
It looks like starwars, it sounds like starwars but it feels so sickeningly off that you just want to vomit the entire time.
>>
>>63731433
>>63731775
At this point, I'd honesly take whatever movie Lucas would crap out over the shit we got from fucking Abrams.
>>
The tmnt remake was more entertaining than this
If anything I hope the criticism has them make a better movie for episode 8 maybe they just got cocky
>>
>>63737514

>criticism

apparently the critics almost unanimously love it
>>
File: 1446491700559.jpg (55 KB, 457x566) Image search: [Google]
1446491700559.jpg
55 KB, 457x566
>>63735334
>>
>>63737239

This guy feels like a dumb weeaboo who ran off and joined ISIS
>>
>>63735334

jesus christ. are you a profit?
>>
so is glib fascimile meme dead

RIP in peace
>>
>>63737578
we can try again tomorrow anon
>>
>>63731433
No. You've just never read a book that came before the harry potters.
>>
>>63737578
It was fun while it lasted and served it's purpose
To piss off the fanbase in that opening moment of hope for them I had fun making some memes and sitting back laughing now I'm onto the next thing
>>
>>63731433
Well what do you expect?

A guy who still makes movies with a soul be it good or bad

Or Kike Kike Abrams with his progressive and diverse movie that panders to every retard out there
>>
>>63737239
Honestly doesn't seem that bad, better than I expected given the shitposting. Don't get why his teeth move like he's on meth though.
>>
There was literally nothing wrong with pod racing

Midichlorians was stupid but not enough to hurt the setting for me

Fuck jar jar though
>what if we take the ewoks but then make them ugly as fuck with shit looking 3d grafix that becomes dated almost instantly instead of proper costumes and makeup and also make them speak in ebonics and put in every other scene

Lucas deserved a good slap for that one
>>
>>63737239
Adam Driver is alright but Daisy Ridley is honest to god garbage. But so was Mark Hamill Poetry
>>
>>63737484
Im rewatching ANH and there's a simple sincerity about it that will never be seen in the new films because modern mainstream movies have any soul whatsoever. We saw in the prequels that flashing around familiar images doesn't make it an enjoyable star wars movie.
>>
File: 1447464960846.png (388 KB, 303x860) Image search: [Google]
1447464960846.png
388 KB, 303x860
>>63737239
>those """"""""""""""""""dramatic""""""""""""""""""""""" pauses
>>
>>63736021

>Coruscant, one of Timothy Zahn's greatest contributions to the Star Wars mythos, which Lucas even included in his prequels, is kill
>based Jacen Solo is decanonized and replaced with a mediocre version of himself

What the fuck did Zahn do to Abrams?
>>
>>63737795
>Daisy Ridley is honest to god garbage
Cant wait for /tv/ to turn her dialog about THU MULLUNIUM FULCUN DEED THU KUSSUL RUN IN ANDUH 14 PARSEKS into a webm.
That shit was BAAAD, even worse than the kylo ren - solo standoff.
All things considered 2/10 worst movie I've seen this year.
>>
>>63737868
QWAAD JUMPAH

>>63737849
Coruscant isn't destroyed, it was called the Hosnian system in the film.
>>
File: 1441400567758.jpg (62 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1441400567758.jpg
62 KB, 500x375
>>63731775

No way. Just look at the prequels again. They're objectively the worst big budget films ever released. No fucking way do I miss him.
>>
>>63732792

>when this under performs

Thats just not gonna happen
>>
>>63737924
Nah, TFA is easily worse. The prequels are bad, but they are hillariously bad. TFA is just bland bad, which is worse.
>>
>>63731775
me too

TFA a shit

GL best girl
>>
>>63737795
Mark Hamill was great compared to her seriously he was my favorite character in a new hope
>>
>>63737449
THIS. FUCKING THIS!
>>
File: 1409519943001.png (65 KB, 136x191) Image search: [Google]
1409519943001.png
65 KB, 136x191
>>63731433
I'm going to rewatch them FOR YOU George
>>
File: 1429938687479.webm (840 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1429938687479.webm
840 KB, 854x480
>tfw no more weird uncle george
>>
File: when you say no to George.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
when you say no to George.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>63738030
>>
>>63738077
Whoa wtf happened here
>>
>>63731433
I never stopped liking him he's the trump of movies used his own money to make his films and didn't give a fuck about the companies.
>>
>>63737758
>Fuck jar jar though
You know what makes Jar Jar worse?

If I remember correctly he wasn't suppose to be a clumsy bumbling idiot. His fault was that he was a coward and his personal arch/journey over PM was him finding his courage.

Just imagine if that was still the case, Jar Jar might have actually been alright, maby even good.
>>
>>63738100
he pointed out that Phantom Menace as simply recycling the 1974 first draft material that Gary Kurtz rejected and made him go through countless rewrites
>>
File: 1448538840474.jpg (66 KB, 1000x614) Image search: [Google]
1448538840474.jpg
66 KB, 1000x614
>>63738077
HAHAHAHA holy fuck, someone needs to edit in JJ's face on this now
>>
>>63738100
the guy said that Darth Icky is a ridiculous name
>>
>>63732070
this guy never saw Macross or Robotech.
>>
>>63738100
Well given that that's Seth Green and Matt Senreich next to George, I'm guessing it was some sort of skit for Robot Chicken
>>
George Lucas is shit and JJ is worse than shit. You faggots are insufferable.
>>
Is Star Wars the ultimate meme franchise? If the first film hadn't been so inexplicably taken off, no-one would be talking about the series today. People only think Star Wars is cool because they think that Star Wars is cool.
>>
>>63737438
it will be the plot device for the next movie. His body is floating in space someone finds it and try to get it back to Leia.
>>
the thing is I sat through and paid to see all 3 prequels even though I wasn't really into them. They were still star wars. but TFA just doesn't feel like star wars so I'm probably going to skip this one.
>>
>>63738295
for new star wars stuff sure. but people like flashing lights and shit.

star wars OT was cool because they were actually good films that made you care about the characters.
>>
>>63738077
>>63738100

It's a skit. Green and the Robot Chicken guys had been constantly trying to get a skit into their special with Mara Jade jokes, but it never made it. So the joke here is that George is furious at anything Mara Jade related.
>>
>>63738341
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A45FQvlfU6Q
>>
>>63738346
>>63738341
>>63738220
here comes the bummers
>>
>>63737003
And apparently that's just fine and dandy for film critics.

God help us.
>>
File: fuck this im out.jpg (20 KB, 275x240) Image search: [Google]
fuck this im out.jpg
20 KB, 275x240
>>63738141
>>
>>63738100
>>63738077
Mac fag getting btfo
>>
>watch a new hope
>scene of Luke and Kenobi

Damn there was a simple honesty in their acting i don't ever see again.
>>
>>63738390
it's so absurd in retrospect that people thought the acting was one of the OT's flaws. I mean it's not always perfect but these people clearly know what they are doing and are trying.
>>
>>63738413

When you watch the deleted scenes with Biggs and Luke, it's a real shame they couldn't find a way to keep those in.
>>
Lol, 97%, cunts.

That's makes it one of the best movies OF ALL TIME.
>>
Just got back from seeing it.

It's a good movie, but it's literally an exact fucking remake of the first star wars.
Like, what? The first trilogy started and ended it. They beat the bad guys, they won. The good guys were in control.

But then....no? Bad guys again?

This pisses on the original more than the prequels did. The prequels at least came BEFORE and didn't shitup the original story, just gave silly insight to it.

This new shit is a fucking retcon, and retcons are bad.
>>
File: 1450122074872.jpg (185 KB, 1209x902) Image search: [Google]
1450122074872.jpg
185 KB, 1209x902
>>63732792
>when this under performs.
>>
>>63738459
seen them. they were right to cut them but they're technically well executed, and also showcase Lucas' sincere desire to create an immersive fantasy universe.
>>
>>63731433
>He just sucks at filtering out the bad ideas from the good ones, and is bad in execution.
This could be said of pretty much every talentless hack out there.
>>
>>63731433
It's fucking sad how they all abandoned him but not in an overt way. Kasdan wouldn't even have a career if Lucas didn't give him a job or vouched for him with the studio that if Body Heat goes over budget that he'll pay for that. But, now Kasdan acts like he was the guy that made everything brilliant even though he didn't like the Han/Leia romance in ESB cause they (Kershner/Ford) changed it from what was in the script.
At least say that you think prequels are shit, don't spout shit like "they explored different ideas" as a roundabout way of thinking you can do a better job.
Not to mention that he wanted Luke to either die or become evil in ROTJ. Both ideas that Lucas nixed.

Ford actively begged for his character to be killed in ROTJ, but now acts like SW was always oh-so-special to him.

Fisher & Hamill cried about having to do emotional scenes with lobsters in flight suits and decrying how SW killed their careers, and Hamill saying he felt detached watching ESB, but now they pose on the red carpet doing jazz hands or whatever acting like Lucas kept them in a gulag or something.
They couldn't pretend to enjoy this back then, but for Disney they can?

Fuck them. All of them.
>>
>>63738390
Yeah, I just watched the cantina scene and it's actually surprising how natural they act.
Just look at the part with Greedo where Han sits there leisurely, casually peeling the plaster off the wall.
>>
>all these retards expressing sympathy for this asshole
Have you all forgotten Jar Jar?
>>
>>63738501
What exactly did it retcon? (besides the EU)
>>
>>63731975
McCallum has nothing to do with the creative side of the process. He's the producer and the producer's job is logistics and money management. His job is to set everything up for filming, not go over story options with Lucas.
>>
>>63738748
No but at least he concealed (almost) all the humor and quirkiness into himself while in TFA everyone quips like they're the Avengers.
>>
>>63738758
Well, the simple fact that Return of the Jedi was the end of it all? That the bad guy lost and good guys one and it was all hooray and darth vaders ghost was all happy!?

The new movie comes right after it and goes "scratch that, shits fucked now"

It's retarded. It should've been the events of like episode 9. It coming right after return of the jedi is plot wise, R E T A R D E D
>>
>>63736765

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLWAlWfgivA
>>
>>63738721
Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher are only happy because their lives became unJUSTed from the Disney jew magic.
>>
File: 1436299354980.png (12 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1436299354980.png
12 KB, 211x246
>>63737568

>profit
>>
>>63731433
Fuck off.

Autistic kid blows up droid controlling spaceship? Sure, havent ever seen that before...
>>
File: 1437650835357.jpg (98 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1437650835357.jpg
98 KB, 800x800
>>63735334
>coming from a broken home
>>
>>63738599
Also we find out the Empire is basically communist.
>>
>george lucas being an "idea guy" excuses the fact he waited until he had total creative control to make the prequels so no one could shoot down any of his ideas

no
>>
>>63737239
Why does he sound like an edgy teenager?
>>
>>63739230
Because that's exactly what he was to an almost comical degree.
Whenever he trashed his surroundings during one of his tantrums you could almost hear "CRAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIN".
>>
>>63738030
In my mind I just had a scene where the teacher shows this documentary, you see George, laugh your ass off, everyone asks you whats up, then you have to awkwardly explain the guy in the background is the director Star wars and everyone rolls their eyes like 'how is that relevant you autist'
>>
I'm willing to bet the reason lucas sold to disney is because lucas wanted to make a sequel trilogy, but fox wasn't going to let him just do whatever he wanted again.
>>
>>63739337
Fox had no say in it whatsoever. If they couldn't prevent him from selling it, they sure as fuck couldn't tell him how to film it. They were the distributors of the movies out of prestige at best. They got like 5% of the profits off of these movies. Lucas could just go to Universal or Warner and it wouldn't matter.
>>
>>63735226
Jesus.
>>
>>63739406
Okay george whatever you say.
>>
>>63735398
>People is one person
>>
>>63739581
I'm not sure how I defended Lucas with that, but sure I'll bite. Fox didn't own Star Wars. They only had the distribution rights to New Hope. They still actually do. Disney can't put out a blu-ray of OT without first making some kind of deal with Fox for New Hope.
As far as the prequels go, Lucas paid for those with his money out of his pocket. They distributed the movies cause the first 3 had that fanfare at the beginning so the next 3 might as well.
The same goes for Indiana Jones. If Spielberg and Lucas decided that New Line should distribute Crystal Skull the could've done it. There was jack shit Paramount could've done about it. The only thing that would be different was there's be no visual gag in regards to the Paramount mountain at the beginning.

So Fox had no creative input on these movies since the start. For New Hope they didn't care cause they thought it was gonna be a minor hit at best and afterwards they had nothing cause Lucas had it in writing that he owns it. It was all part of his get out of the studio system plan. The fire rose and there was nothing any of the Fox executives could do about it excpet poke the plane debris with a stick.
The best they could do for the sequel trilogy is say that they don't want to distribute it, but why would they do that? Even 5% profit of something they didn't have to invest anything into is better than nothing. It was abetter profit margin than they got on a lot of other shit they made.
>>
>>63739934
Yea, okay george, we get it. You could do whatever you wanted.
>>
>>63739628
>only one person does that
>>
File: KaboomByeBye1.png (174 KB, 566x313) Image search: [Google]
KaboomByeBye1.png
174 KB, 566x313
Meanwhile...
>>
File: 1433381410967.jpg (23 KB, 360x395) Image search: [Google]
1433381410967.jpg
23 KB, 360x395
>>63740114
fuck off faggot
>>
File: dis ain't mah bakin' sowdah.png (317 KB, 722x800) Image search: [Google]
dis ain't mah bakin' sowdah.png
317 KB, 722x800
>>63735226
Is this some kind of joke? What's the point of watching it if it's exactly the same as ANH?
>>
>>63731433
Yeah, nah. You are a cunt.
>>
File: Flash-Gordon-Comic-Strip.jpg (208 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
Flash-Gordon-Comic-Strip.jpg
208 KB, 620x320
>>63731433
>new interesting and unique concepts
>>
>>63740821
Point taken. Although Lucas made a good cocktail with all those different cinematographic genres.
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.