[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled....can we all agree they were demons?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
Now that the dust has settled....can we all agree they were demons?
>>
those are humans

why the fuck would aliens attack demons?
>>
no, the demon meme is dumb and weird.
>>
>>63730628
you mean I was scared of ayys for years after watching that film for nothing?
>>
You're giving too much M Night too much credit.
>>
>>63730715
demons are scarier
>>
File: fear.jpg (19 KB, 191x200) Image search: [Google]
fear.jpg
19 KB, 191x200
>>63730628
oh i get it, so they disappear when mel gets his faith back.

i like this

but i also think
>>63730724
>>
>>63730628
>Mel Gibson
>demon
Are you by chance Jewish?
>>
This movie doesn't get enough credit. Signs is one of my favorite movies of all time
>>
MOVE CHILDREN
VAMONOS
>>
>>63730628
Yes, they are. Notice that they don't seem to fit the area?
>>
>>63730884
>AI MEU DEUS!
>ESTÁ ALI, ATRÁS DA GARAGEM! ITS BIHAIN!

What the little kid mean by that? Who is bihan?!
>>
How did M Night's character know they didn't like water
>>
>>63731026
That kid always bothered me, why fucking repeat the same shit you just said in English?
>>
>>63730884
Phoenix character was a demon too. He tried to comunicate with the kids by talking with the tv.
>>
>>63731121
He didn't know for sure , he just saw that the sightings weren't located near large bodies of water so he figured why not
>>
>>63730628
No, Anon. You are the demons.
>>
>>63730628

Did anyone else watch Signs again after watching Jeff Who Lives at Home?
>>
>>63731278
Wait, what? I thought Phoenix knocked a glass of water into him with the bat and discovered that way?
>>
File: Signs_Alien5.png (2 MB, 1908x1013) Image search: [Google]
Signs_Alien5.png
2 MB, 1908x1013
>>63731121
They're black. He was just being racist
>>
>>63731357
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8YuPJ5-Y20
>>
>>63731357
M Night in the movie saw there were no sightings near water and told Mel this before M Night drove off.
Mel tells his family this idea of the lake when giving them the option to stay in the house or go
Water from the girl's cups everywhere spills on the one in the house and Phoenix sees it when it burns him
>>
>>63730884
VAMONOS NIÑOS

MOOVE EET
>>
>>63731389
Now explain why Mel's wife told to his brother to "swing hard". Did the aliens/demons/whatever somehow knew her or something?
>>
>>63731359
Snoke??
>>
>>63731488
God
>>
What if the aliens invaded during a storm?
>>
>>63731544
Theyr'e coming in from space genius, I think they would be able to see the clouds...dumbfuck.
>>
>>63731389
>>63731417
>crops
>not near water
This is way more retarded than I remember.
>>
>>63731619
>I think

And somehow one of them stayed near a lot of glass of water... dumbass.
>>
>>63731665
clearly he reasonably assumed the glass would protect him
>>
>>63731544
These aliens attacking a planet whose surface is mostly covered in water is itself a bad idea. If a cup full of water can melt flesh I bet even water vapor in the air is annoying.
>>
>>63731739
what if they didn't know about their own weakness?
>>
>>63731719
>him

It's "it".
>>
>>63731739
>>63731781

If they mastered interstellar travel I'm sure they had the resources to do at least a background check and crash the party with at least some protection to water.
>>
>>63731739
Concentration of water might the problem
>>
>>63731739
Lithuim doesn't erupt in flames when in open air

Put it in water and it will burn
>>
>>63731781
How could they have never encountered water before? Ice is everywhere in space. They must have seen some before and studied it.
>>
Dumb theory. The aliens in that movie are nothing like real demons. Demons usually appear as black vapor or living shadow, manifesting voices, sounds, and substances, and sometimes take on bestial or reptilian form. They very rarely come around during the day and are most active at 3am. Demons are basically shape shifters but they have no need to assume physical form at all, and can move through objects such as walls and doors. They're also not averse to water unless it's holy water. They also tend to speak and write in human languages. Their ultimate goal is possession rather than abduction. Their activities come grouped in threes, such as repetitions of three knocks. The aliens in the movie followed none of these rules. I could go on.
>>
>>63731633
What?
The are millions of acres of crops not near bodies of water. Do you not know what irrigation is?
>>
>>63732199
He was probably referring to the irrigation itself.
>>
>>63732122
You seem to have alot of insight about demons
>>
>>63732122
Signs demons were fully formed in our reality, not projecting a shadow across dimensions like you describe m88.
>>
you idiots.

>You mentioned aliens and I wondered if we could talk about your film Signs. What prompted you to take a stab at science fiction?

>I stand by my previous answer, but I will tell you that I had a lot of pressure at the time to try science fiction. I'm not the sort of guy to do the next Star Wars or the next Aliens. Those are perfectly good movies, but I wanted to attempt something deeper and more universal. You know what I said about giving a Dracula movie a deceptive title? That's what I did with Signs. That was a story about a war between Heaven and Hell. The aliens were demons and the people's dead loved ones were angels. That was why I had them pray several times in the movie. It was about faith.

>So the water that killed the aliens was holy water?

>(He laughs). Most critics just didn't get that. My publicist tells me that you wrote a very negative review based on the water concept yourself. You guys just didn't use your heads. Water is holy in general. Many cultures revere it. Baptisms, holy water at a church, some pagan groups worship the sea or rivers. It's not a difficult concept, but some people just can't wrap their small minds around that.

>I think it was the idea that aliens would invade the earth, a planet that's like 75% water, has water that falls from the sky and-

>No. Bullshit. You're still being small-minded. The characters in that movie called them aliens, but it was never explicitly demonstrated what they were or why they were on earth. People are much more accepting of aliens these days, and the idea was that if demons appeared among us, they would be perceived as aliens.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/wrestling-twister-an/

based m night, signs is a great movie
>>
>>63732638
I mean thats an interesting concept of demons looking lik ETs to us but when you literally portray them as every stereotype and have the kid reading a book about ETs how is it our fault for not thinking they are demons
>>
>>63732783
thats the whole point hombre
>>
File: 5TRFaN0.jpg (372 KB, 1024x639) Image search: [Google]
5TRFaN0.jpg
372 KB, 1024x639
>>63732638
>Water is holy why doesn't your small mind get that

I guess it is
>>
>>63732122
/x/ pls
>>
>>63731359
FUCKIN

S N O K E
N
O
K
E
>>
>>63732804
But that isn't some incredible thought you could get out of the movie without MNight saying it himself. We see one families point of view from the invasion and see how an alien could be trapped by a MNight himself (who we don't even know is spiritual or not)

It is interesting but to blame us for not seeing it when he didn't do a very good job of portraying that theme is stupid
>>
>>63732638
is this real? why would he do an interview with something awful?

so it's literally confirmed they're demons
>>
>>63732638
Oh, thank god, it's a joke.
>>
>>63731633
The water most likely is pulled from ground sources retard, not directly from a river or lake
>>
File: 1202373939982.jpg (52 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1202373939982.jpg
52 KB, 512x384
>they left the dog outside tied up while they boarded the house up
fucking gets me every time
>>
The water didn't melt them, the fluoride did.
>>
>>63730884
that part scared me so bad as a kid jesus christ
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>63732460
Let's just say I tangled with one once, and by the grace of the Lord was granted reprieve from its infernal influences.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.