[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So was the acting by the black guy and grill in Star Wars actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
So was the acting by the black guy and grill in Star Wars actually good? or was it all forced diversity like /pol/ said
>>
/pol/ is always right
>>
>>63729413
Both
>>
EVERYONE ended up being bad at acting and unsurprisingly carrie was the worst of the lot
>>
>>63729413
Sadly, /pol/ was right. Again. Sigh.
>>
Just got back from seeing it, Finn was good and the girl was bad but got better as it went on
>>
File: 1441932796718.gif (2 MB, 335x237) Image search: [Google]
1441932796718.gif
2 MB, 335x237
>>63729606
>/pol/ reporting in
>>
>>63729413
It is forced diversity whether or not their performances were good.
>>
Boyega was good. Ridley was more than brought everyone else down. She was horrendous.
>>
Carrie Fisher should never act in anything.
>>
>>63729606
>/pol/ reporting in.
Kindly report back out.
>>
>>63730053
This.

Boyega played a very good comedy relief sidekick. Ridley was too flat to really bring Rey to life.
>>
>>63730176
They are welcome on this board more than you /co/, /v/, /vg/, /sp/, /r9k/, /tg/, /k/ star wars tourists
>>
>>63730053
Boyega was OK at the best. Everyone else was fucking horrendous. well that's the quality you get with affirmative action
>>
>>63729413
Do you think the acting in any Star Wars movie is actually good?
>>
>>63729413
They're getting a lot of praise, not like /tv/ would accept it.
>>
This is literally JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little children..
>>
>>63730310
So were those in boyhood and everyone including the boy phoned it in
>>
The fact that people were lauding Phasma for being 'progressive' tainted her character for me.
>>
Just got back from seeing this reheated shitfest.
Ridley and Fisher were fucking hopeless.
Ford was too forced and looked like he was trying his hardest not to shit himself most of the time.
Isaac was criminally underused.
Boyega did himself proud and his performance really shone.
I also thought Driver was great in his scenes after he took the mask off.
>>
>>63729413
The Marry Sue protagonist was vastly more annoying.
She made the dindu tolerable.
>>
>>63729413

Finn was suprisingly funny, Rey was absolutely fucking terrible though. I wanted to flash forward all scenes that had her in it.
>>
>>63729413
Nope, but was the acting in any Star Wars film ever really good? They were cheesy and the normies loved it.
>>
>>63729486
>I don't know what you're talking about. I am a member of the Imperial Senate on a diplomatic mission to Alderaan

God, I love her flat delivery.
>>
>>63729413
the black guy was great. the girl was fuck awful. wooden as fuck and reminded me of someone who has aspergers and doesnt have good tonal control of their voice or know when to use emotions with their speech at the right times.
>>
>>63729413
Oscar Isac was great
Nigger was great
Girl was okay
>>
/pol/ was right... again. They're always right.
>>
>>63730283
you didn't make sense. sit back and re-read your post.
>>
>>63730416
Honestly I thought Ford was decent enough, for someone who has phoned in every role for like 2 decades

Ridley was flat as fuck in Jakku, but got better as the film went on

Boyega was fucking A+, Great comic relief, could do the dramatic moments as well. Best casting of the film

Driver was also great. I didn't like how he's Han/Leia's son. Felt like a shoehorned relationship to pander to nostalgia. His character could've worked without the link

The acting was at a much higher level than in any other Star Wars film imo
>>
>/pol/
>ever wrong
>>
How was the movie overall, this is the only thread without a blatant spoiler in the OP
>>
>>63729413
Boyega was decent but I think his role as comedy relief was pushed a bit too far. Ridley was average. Oscar Isaac was very good even with minimal screen time.
>>
>>63730672
>the most reddit post in history
>>
/pol/ is wrong all the fucking time, just the idiots gloss over it and prefer to post epic may mays instead. /b/ 3.0
>>
>>63730271

>not being /tv/, /sp/, /pol/ masterrace
>>
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 204x247) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 204x247
>"Ben did I ever tell you about Darth Vader? That's what the Emperor called me after I cut off Mace Windu's hands... he tried telling me that Sith Lords are evil. After I killed the younglings I saw the power of the dark side it was enough for me to kill some helpess trade federation leaders but not enough to defeat the high ground. After seeing Sheev rekt your Uncle Luke. I killed the Emperor by throwing him down a bottomless pit he had in his throne room for some reason. He was a good friend.

After reuniting with my son and turning back to the good side... i'm now going to give you evil visions and advice from my helmet... that was burnt on a pyre on Endor, did I tell you about Endor? It had these teddy bear people that helped us beat the Christmas sales targets that year. They were all good friends."
>>
Boyega was good, like I anticipated. Daisy was meh
>>
>>63729413
you tell me senpai
https://vidDOTme/J75z
>>
>>63730866
>Im an edgy teenager
>>
Why is /pol/ consistently right? It's not fair
>>
>>63729413
The chick was awful, her discovering the force is portrayed like Spiderman getting bitten by the radioactive spider

Booyega is literally a "where da white wimenz at?" character

The Darth Vader fanboy was the only character that had somekind of development
>>
File: ZACH.png (226 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
ZACH.png
226 KB, 500x281
Okay. Call me out on my shit here if i missed something but Who the fuck made that map to find luke? That'd be the dumbest shit ever if he made it (Im going away because i cant deal with myself oh if you need me just find the map i made). Hated the fact how hard the movie wanted me to care about rey by constantly shoving "muh missing parents" in my face" doesn help that she beat a pretty much full trained sith in about 10 minutes of learning the force. How the fuck did chewy miss the shot on kylo ren? no headshot? HE WAS STANDING STILL THE WHOLE TIME. Oh and the fact that the only way to get by the shield was to use hyperdrive , a utility that most ships have was just mind boggling.
Like i said if im wrong please let me know, i had fun in this film but i couldn't get over these things
>>
>>63729413
/pol/ was right
>>
>"Boyega was good."
>"Boyega was A+."
>"Nigger was great."

Based Boyega
>>
The film was a super strong rehash. Homages everywhere and stupidly predictable, even for somebody who has been in the dark since the first trailer.

Boyega was fantastic. His American accent was iffy at times. Ridley was alright; got better as the film went on. The guy who played the X-Wing pilot, Po, or whatever the fuck, was good for when he was in.

Kylo Ren was fucking awful though. Hayden Christensen tier shit. Holy fuck, he was wooden and awful and he looks like a cuckold faggot too.
>>
The girl is good, Boyega is pretty shitty
>>
>>63731114
This
>>
File: 1443026275153.jpg (24 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
1443026275153.jpg
24 KB, 488x488
>>63730880
top kek
>>
>>63731031
>the map
I agree, honestly. It was never fully explained, but I rolled with the whole treasure hunt thing anyway. R2 waking up magically was also a bit dumb

>rey/kylo fight
Kylo was already hurt from both Chewie's shot and Finn's fight. He was only trained a bit by Luke, then Snoke took over. Hardly a trained fighter, especially when you consider he's duelling Luke's daughter

>chewie's miss
I'll put it down to grief, but really it's just plot armor

>getting through the shield
The process of doing it was ridiculously dangerous, that's why they had to take down the shield to begin with. Hell, Han fucking crashed the Falcon

There are certainly issues, but honestly they're minor enough I can ignore them
>>
>>63730331
>Star Wars looks like it's something for little children.

Star Wars IS for little children.

It's also the single most overhyped movie franchise in the world by a mile. The original trilogy isn't even that good, it's got incredibly flat acting, cheesy script, mediocre editing.

Star Wars was the first summer blockbuster, but that doesn't make it the best movie ever. People on my facebook seem to breath Star Wars and think it's the greatest piece of work ever, it's bizarre.

Also before "Duur youngfag" (i'm 30) I also grew up with Star Wars, but I grew up also with better Sci-Fi like Stargate, Star Trek TNG, Dark Angel, Farscape, Macross, Akira, Ghost in the Shell, Alita etc.
>>
>>63730429
I just wanted the entire movie to be Finn, Poe doing cool shit with Kylo and gang trying to stop them.
>>
Nog was ok, but everyone else was pretty shit. Ridley was bad and Driver was bad as well.
>>
Why wasn't Oscar Isaac the star?
>>
>>63729413
Isaacs was good
Boyega was surprisingly very good
Driver was very good
Ridley was okay
Ford was decent
Gleeson overacted but was okay
Fisher was shit
>>
>>63731369
>I agree, honestly. It was never fully explained, but I rolled with the whole treasure hunt thing anyway.

Will probably be explained next movie. I assume Luke himself made the map.

>R2 waking up magically was also a bit dumb

Taken from another anon in another thread

>
R2 is dormant because he knows Luke does not want to be found. He knows that Luke only wants to be found by one person, someone who is deserving of his Light Saber and his training. R2 finally reawakens when Rey arrives back at the base because he knows that Rey is the person Luke has been waiting for, so he offers up the rest of the map.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.