[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people say this show is "better" than the prequels,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: CloneWarslogo.jpg (28 KB, 277x359) Image search: [Google]
CloneWarslogo.jpg
28 KB, 277x359
Why do people say this show is "better" than the prequels, when all it is is basically "ZOMFG ACTION ACTION ACTION EXPLOSION LIGHTSABER VWOOM WOOSH EXPLOSION JEDI JEDI JEDI~"?

At least the prequels had attempts at depth and character development, this is just a bunch of soulless action, like a 2d Michael bay movie.
>>
Because it actually shows the clone wars instead of the first and last battles.

/thread.
>>
>had attempts at depth and character development
I'd prefer some good action and cool ideas rather than pathetic half-assed "attempts at depth and character development"
Here, you had your (You)
>>
>>63726339
>>63726378
>>63726406

This is literally JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
While being entertaining actionwise it had also very nice character and universe building elements.
Also it was simply good from purely visual point of view.
>>
>>63726339
It's a quick show that shows the war and bridges Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith. Are you fucking stupid or something?

Also >>>/co/
>>
>>63726339
>At least the prequels had attempts at depth and character development
>had attempts
There, they failed miserably attempting it.
>>
>>63726339
It does have characterization, it's just done differently

The Anakin vs. Ventress fight is pretty good characterization showing Anakin moving toward the dark side, and more competent than ROTS' attempts.
>>
>>63726406
This is basically the show's appeal.

It has some of the coolness of the prequels without most of their issues. I don't think anyone's going to claim it's amazing, but it provides some fun bombastic action while avoiding the terrible story and dialogue of the prequel movies. It's also aesthetically pleasing, unlike the prequels.
>>
>>63726559
I'm gonna claim it's amazing. It's the only thing that makes the SW name shine. The movies are pathetic attempts at an space opera or a tragic story, it's disgusting. This cartoon makes no attempt to disguise the only things that make SW appealing. Coupled with the fact that you have a master "cartoonist" in the reigns and it's literally the only thing worthy of watching in the whole franchise.
>>
>>63726339
Did you even watch Anakin's last story you retard? Its the best characterisation he ever got.
>>
>>63726339
>At least the prequels had attempts at depth and character development, this is just a bunch of soulless action,

Right, its just an action show for children, its not complicated, but it was still amazingly well done. Why characterize the action as 'soulless'? Seeing the action play out was full of soul.

'At least' the prequels had attempts at character development. 'At least'. So what? The characters were soulless. Plain and simple.
>>
Are you fucking stupid? All of the action had a sense of urgency to it.
Mace Windu's scene on that grasslands planet? He HAD to kick some ass, or else that fuckhuge earthquake machine was going to ruin the planet.
That city battle on Muunilinst with Obi-Wan fighting Durge and his biker droids? Sense of urgency. If Kenobi didnt stop Durge there, the Muuns would not have surrendered to the Clone Army. Every battle had ramifications.
>>
>>63726339
Every well-adjusted person watches Star Wars for the battle scenes. Genndys Clone Wars is the best for cutting out all the bullshit. Do you really need depth in a cartoon with fucking laser swords?

This isnĀ“t even comparable to Bayformers as Bayformers still presents you with a shit story and gives you scenes like Shia Labebouf going to college, his dogs fucking, his mom smoking weed and shit, which is something nobody ever wants to see.

I recommend The Clone Wars as it is a better middle ground between having no story and having a rewrite of hundred year old stuff.
>>
File: SWTCW-poster.jpg (70 KB, 350x542) Image search: [Google]
SWTCW-poster.jpg
70 KB, 350x542
>>63726339
Just watch this, senpai.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.