[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, he is basically Jacen Solo from EU. Am I right? JJ just took
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 28
File: adam-driver-kylo-ren.jpg (72 KB, 483x500) Image search: [Google]
adam-driver-kylo-ren.jpg
72 KB, 483x500
So, he is basically Jacen Solo from EU. Am I right? JJ just took him and put him in his rehash of the New Hope as the "original character".

What say you now, EU haters?
>>
Don't forget his name is Ben, so they recycled Luke's son
>>
>>63724043
Jacen is not a retard. Unlike Kylo, his descent to madness was more fleshed out
>>
>>63724043

How is this skinny monkey supposed to be taken seriously as a villain. Vader was a fucking bodybuilder and authoritarian. Christensen at least looked good and angry. This is like an edgy emo/goth Snape Edward Scissorhands. What an unlikeable character.
>>
>>63724043
hes jacen, rey is jaina, and snoke is plaguis
>>
>Disney threw out all the EU shit, only to put it right back in their next movie, but with a different coat of paint.

What was the fucking point then? Why not just adapt the fucking EU shit?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8eIyXbq6n0&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>63724350
>Jacen is not a retard
>Murders Luke's wife, and then attends her burial
>>
>>63724693
ALPHA AS FUCK
>>
And they took Revan's look.
>>
>>63724693
He had no choice. The other option was to blatantly say he did it.
>>
>>63724423
No one likes you just because your muscles are apelike /fit/.
>>
>>63724558
Legally ambivalent IP contracts, residuals, etc.
>>
>>63724681
I'm guessing you made this because it was uploaded today.
Gave me a hearty kek.
>>
>>63724043
why the long face?
>>
>>63724896
His father is Jew and his mother is British, it actually makes perfect sense that he looks like this.
>>
Better way to play it:

Han tries to reason with Ren
Ren almost turns, but Force pushes Han back and goes for Rey swinging
In desperation, Han takes a shot at Ren
Ren deflects the blaster bolt and it kills Han
Rey escapes while Ren is left alone, shocked by what he's done

Would have been more meaningful.

Still enjoyed the movie, but the way they played that irked me.
>>
>>63724423
>Christensen at least looked good and angry
He was as credible as the rest of the Jedi but more pissed off and it was hilarious when he lost his limbs
>>
>>63725114
>hilarious

I don't know anon I watched it last night and Ewan's acting gave me some feels
>>
>>63724423
>Vader
>bodybuilder
Wtf are you talking about senpai
>>
>>63724972
Kylo
>>
He looks like a Skywalker relative. I don't see a problem with that casting choice desu.
>>
>>63724043
These pics of him always make me think of Aladdin.
>>
>>63724350
I always thought Jacen was edge incarnate. Is he actually a sophisticated character?
>>
>>63724043

Disney is doing the same Warner was doing with Batman movies: Riping off comic storylines by changing things so they don't pay the original DC writers

Easy as that.
>>
File: 1434870134274.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1434870134274.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
>>63724747
And stole the premise of Kyle Katarn's for Boyega's character
>>
>>63725114
>and it was hilarious when he lost his limbs

agreed, I actually bursted out laughing when he went all "I"LL KILL YOUUUUU" the first time I saw the movie

the "nooo" soon after was the cherry on top
>>
>>63724043
This is literally JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63726232
>YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER
>>
More like a glib facsimile
>>
>>63724972
This.
>>
File: 1446940012630.jpg (277 KB, 1050x703) Image search: [Google]
1446940012630.jpg
277 KB, 1050x703
>>63726338

>reddit bait

Cum'on sempai
>>
>>63726338
neckbeard much sempai?
>>
File: negroman_nicememe.gif (930 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
negroman_nicememe.gif
930 KB, 270x270
>>63726338
>>
>>63726338
> sword art online

You had me for a long time but I spat my milk.
>>
>>63726690
Is he sand-boarding UP the dune?

The fuck is this African magic.
>>
>>63724043
Literally Jacen's glib facsimile.
>>
>>63724747
>>63725978
Also, they ripped off the Sun Crusher, which could destroy the solar systems just like Starkiller.

Except that it had size of little personal ship, not planet.
>>
>>63727016
>glib facsimile
What is the origin of this new epic meme?
>>
File: JacenCaedus_funeral crasher.jpg (20 KB, 200x417) Image search: [Google]
JacenCaedus_funeral crasher.jpg
20 KB, 200x417
Jacen "Cuckin' my dead bro" Solo

Jacen "Emperor's Hands I'm Wastin'" Solo

Jacen "Let my seed go in Tenel Ka Djo" Solo
>>
>>63727148
Dr Skywalker I'm CIA
>>
>>63727148
BEN?
>>
File: star-wars-darth-vader-choke.jpg (90 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-darth-vader-choke.jpg
90 KB, 600x418
>>63725590
David Prowse nigga, nevermind that Lucas fucked up the backstory by having a twink play Anakin Vader is meant to be built like a fucking Rugby Player.

The way he's fucking introduced is him choking out the rebel.

Adam Driver really should have bulked up if he wants to be the new Vader.
>>
>Ben Ren

>the main onscreen villain is Ben Ren

AYYYY WHERE'S BEN TEN
>>
>>63727404
>Kylo Solo
It's like poetry, it rhymes
>>
>>63727309
Wasn't it due to his robotic arms though?
>>
Adam Driver looks nothing like Harrison Ford.
>>
>>63724423
That's the whole point. He's basically an angsty teen trying to be like his cool granddaddy. You're not supposed to like him.
>>
>>63724350
But I thought Kylo fell to the dark side long before the events of TFA...
>>
>>63728909
He is his wife's son.
>>
>>63729006
>it's supposed to be shit!!!1111!1!1!!!11
>>
>>63727285

We're crashin' this alliance, with no survivors
>>
This is literally JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
File: 1450273430974.jpg (69 KB, 550x710) Image search: [Google]
1450273430974.jpg
69 KB, 550x710
>>63724350
wow i was wondering where you were fllay

done with /m/?
>>
he reminds me of those bullied white kids that run off and fight ISIS
>>
So does Kylo say ''I'll show them the dark side'' in the movie?

And damn were those trailers misleading with Kylo being threatening and all
>>
>>63729389
is this pasta
>>
>>63729496
100%
>>
>>63724747
Don't compare Revan to this utter weakling.
>>
>>63724423
His voice is what truly makes him awful. It's just so painfully generic as is his outfit and body language.

>>63729006
That doesn't make it good.
>>
>>63724043
why does he look like a reject for m nights prince zuko?
>>
At least thers hope for a Thrawn adaptation, right?
>>
File: kotordsending.png (2 MB, 1593x765) Image search: [Google]
kotordsending.png
2 MB, 1593x765
>>63724747

>Revan ruled over the galaxy with an infinite fleet and infinite army, thousands of loyal sith followers, and a qt3.14 padawan fuckbody
>>
>>63724043
Yeah but this one is called Ben which totally makes sense because Han knew him for a few hours way way back when and Leia had heard of him but never actually met him so of course they would name their child Ben in honor of him.
>>
>>63725978
Fuck, why not just have based Katarn in the movie?

Of course he'd be played by Idris Elba

>>63727025
God no. Keep the sun crusher in the non-canonical trashpile where it belongs.
>>
>>63725978
>tfw
>>
Any children of Han and Leias would have been accused of being EU clones. Boy? Jaden or Anakin clone. Girl? Jaina clone. Considering TFAs attitude of mirroring the original trilogy, the children of one of the main 3s falling to the dark side was the only natural way to take it
>>
>>63724972
>Taking away most of his responsibility for what he did is better
>>
File: DarthCaedus.jpg (39 KB, 325x389) Image search: [Google]
DarthCaedus.jpg
39 KB, 325x389
Kylo Ren

>ugly and pasty looking
>gets owned by a Mary Sue in her very first battle
>edge lord
>kills one of the most beloved characters in the franchise, his own father without hesitation, thus getting rid of any chance that the audience will ever feel sympathy for him and his "conflict" regardless of how the movies will try to play it that way
>audience doesn't even really know who he was as a person
>Revan look alike to draw KOTOR/TOR kiddies who don't know any better
>gives Snoke his boypussy every night

Jacen Solo

>character arc that spans several books over many years so you see who he was and how he changes throughout different points in the series for either better or worse
>hesitated to kill his aunt
>wicked sense of humor
>handsome as fuck, no wonder Tahiri stopped pining over Anakin long enough to gib up dat Tatooine, Vong scarred ass
>fucks bitches
>had enough humanity left to let himself die at his sister's hands so his daughter would live.
>only wanted to unite the Galaxy and make it safe after having endured a bloody invasion by merciless and nearly unstoppable race of religiously motivated eco-terrorists, which saw his brother, his friends and millions of lives across the galaxy killed without mercy.
>probably has more spiritually in common with Revan than Kylo Ren does without having to rip off Revan's fashion sense
>doesn't fucking talk to his grandfather's skull
>Was his own boss

Not gonna say everything about Jacen's fall made sense, but I'll take Happy Feet for all the flaws it may have over this other Tappy Toes nigga
>>
>>63729713
Well, it actually happened. Except that - as I said - it is planet sized and called Star Killer instead (apparently Galen "Starkiller" Marek and Bendak Starkiller from KOTOR just weren't enough).

Poetry.
>>
>>63730058
>Any children of Han and Leias would have been accused of being EU clones
No if JJ would actually think about creating an original character.
>>
>>63730058
>Jaina clone

That's what Rey is for
>>
>>63730174
>>gets owned by a Mary Sue in her very first battle
I dont get why people think Ray beating him was a big deal, he had been wounded by both Chewie and Blacko
>>
>>63730445
What does Jaina have in common with Rey?
>>
>>63726338
yesterdays pasta is being gobbled up I see
>>
>>63730174
>character arc that spans several books over many years so you see who he was and how he changes throughout different points in the series for either better or worse

That's the main problem with Kylo. How did he turn to the dark side? What was his relations with Han? What was he doing for those 30 years?

We just don't know.
>>
>>63730488
She kills Ben "Kylo Ren Darth Caedus Jacen" Solo
>>
>>63730550
She didnt, and that isnt a character trait. I dont think you have any actual same traits that arent mega generic ones pretty much every star wars protag has
>>
>>63730488
>Strong independent smart powerful Force user
>Defeats conflicted Jacen/Ben in a duel
>>
kylo's whole character is he thinks he's some sith badass like vader but he's just a poser. him being a horsefaced twink fuccboi is perfect
>>
>>63730643
Well, let's take 3 characters:
>Padme
>Leia
>Rey

Which one of those resembles Jaina the most?
>>
>>63730645
Being generic stronk wymen makes her a Jaina clone? And if she had lost you could call her a clone of Jaina because of the duel she lost against Jacen. So basically any meaningful interaction between them makes her a Jaina clone?
>>
>>63730717
see
>>63729356
>>
>>63730717
But we have to deal with this loser as the "new Vader" for two more movies.
>>
>>63730488

Jaina was the "Sword of the Jedi" and kind of a Mary Sue herself at times and becomes Empress. But Jaina had to actually work to become to the Jedi she was for the most part.
>>
>>63730737
>So basically any meaningful interaction between them makes her a Jaina clone?
Yes. Do you realize how easy it would have been to just not take the story anywhere near the EU? But they did, and now comparisons will be made.
>>
>>63730737
>Being generic stronk wymen makes her a Jaina clone
That and similar circumstances they both had to face.

Did they really possess any other character traits?
>>
Does anyone have a good recommendation for Star Wars EU.novels? All this got me hankering for some
>>
>>63729389
what is this autism
>>
>>63725963
He's a more well done Anakin. He falls to protect his daughter, and he's not a huge edgelord. Plus he actually had a good reason for being susceptible to the dark side, he got captured and tortured by edgelords from outer space, and the only person nice to him in his captivity was an insane dark side bitch.
>>
Why did Kylo have to be a mind-controlled, whiny little cuck? What's wrong with having a villain who's evil for the sake of being evil? That's what Sheev was and he was one of the only redeemable parts of the prequels. I expected Vader 2.0 and got Coldsteel the Hedgehog
>>
>>63730842
>Did they really possess any other character traits?
Not really. Calling anyone a Jaina clone implies she herself was more than a pretty broad archetype of a character

>>63730848
The X-Wing series, The Thrawn Trilogy, Revenge of the sith novelisation
>>
>>63730848
Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader
Kenobi
Darth Plagueis
Yoda: Dark Rendezvous
>>
>>63730848
Thrawn Trilogy is usually the good start and the only EU series worth reading in opinion of many.

You could also try other Zahn's SW books (he wrote two more if I remember correctly), as well as Rogue Squadron series and I, Jedi by Michael A. Stackpole.
>>
>>63726338
>Akira
Matter of taste
>SAO
I think there are better entrypoints to anime
>Guilty Crown
Really? Then what is Code Geass sson?
>Aldnoah Zero
Not finished yet but still, there is Gundam 00, and Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagan
>Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
It's something for our inner child just like Pacific Rim tried to be(not to compare).
>>
>>63730848
If you want to read something canon to the new series, Lost Stars is decent. Dont touch any of the rest of the other new ones though

>>63730982
>and I, Jedi by Michael A. Stackpole.
I really like I, Jedi because it serves as kind of a cliff notes of the really important but fucking awful Jedi Academy trilogy
>>
Why did Han and Leia name their son after Ben Kenobi? Wouldn't Luke be the one to do that?
>>
>>63731044

Is the Tarkin novel not good?
>>
>>63731149
I actually forgot about that, its pretty decent, with the main purpose of the author seeming to be to reintroduce as much EU stuff as he could get away with

>>63731146
Luke doesnt seem the type to have kids, I assume he would have approved
>>
File: Jacentree.jpg (69 KB, 421x546) Image search: [Google]
Jacentree.jpg
69 KB, 421x546
>>
>>63731219
Rey is Luke's daughter. Luke had kids in EU.
>>
File: 1364331113170.png (15 KB, 284x284) Image search: [Google]
1364331113170.png
15 KB, 284x284
>>63731239
>Luke had kids in EU
And he didnt have kids in my noncanon fanfic, whats your point?
>>
File: Cade Skywalker_&_Deliah Blue.jpg (111 KB, 777x757) Image search: [Google]
Cade Skywalker_&_Deliah Blue.jpg
111 KB, 777x757
>>63730848

Thrawn Trilogy (they adapted them into graphic novels if you prefer)
Dark Empire Trilogy
Mara Jade: By the Emperors Hand
Blood and Honor
Junior Jedi Knights (kids books about Anakin Solo, don't expect much)
Young Jedi Knights (YA fiction, but will introduce you to many characters who play a role in later book sagas)
Tales of the Jedi (inspiration for KOTOR games)
Crimson Empire
Darkhorse Clone Wars

Legacy is a fun ride too, but it's really a swan song to the Star Wars Expanded Universe. I personally wouldn't recommend jumping right into it, but some people have read Legacy while knowing little about the EU in general and have still liked it. It also has the superior interracial Skywalker clan romance (pic related) and Luke's great great great grandson becoming a drug addict.
>>
>>63731149
This novel gave us the Sheev.
>>
>>63731219
Luke has Ben in the EU. I really don't understand why Han and Leia used the name. I know they can't use Anakin because it was not approved by Lucas the first time (Anakin, not Jacen was supposed to be the one who turns, Lucas just vehemently disagreed, so they killed off anakin instead.)

but yeah, Rey is totally Luke's daughter. For the notMara: I narrow down my guesses to Aphra and the girl who was with him when he got those force trees.
>>
>>63731292

t. Jar Jar Abrams
>>
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>63731292
They were canon. And Rey being Luke's daughter is canon as well. But of course you ignored that part of my post, since it was more convenient for you.
>>
>>63724043
>So, he is basically Jacen Solo from EU. Am I right?

Yes, basically.

I still think JJ Abrams should be shot by a deranged fan.
>>
>>63731358
no, He's bad-copy Jacen. He has none of Jacen's good traits.
>>
>>63729639
Fucker needs to calm his tits and drink some fucking tea.
>>
>>63731349
>They were canon
EU was never primary canon, they had an actual ranking which specified that all EU stuff was under anything main series or written by George
>>
>>63731415
How many good traits have Jacen kept after turning to the dark side?

He basically became conflicted edgy emo, just like Kylo.
>>
>>63725963
He was a nice kid until the Yuuzahn Vong captured him and he spent a few books being tortured and healed by a Fosh dark jedi who was once a prospective apprentice of Sheev.

She planted the seeds of delusion in him that the dark side could be used for good, and he becomes this tragic hero figure over a LOONG time. The dark jedi even sacrifices herself to save him. Over half of the YV books, then the Killik wars then finally he starts going full Sith Shitlord during the second galactic civil war. His initial descent into the dark side remains with good intentions, but then he starts to go mad with power, force gripping bitches, corrupting Tahiri, almost killing Kyle Fucking Katarn, and even roughing up Luke a bit before his sister finally offs him.

>>63724693
This was a smart decision and he actually tricked Luke into thinking that his ex-girlfriend Lumiya did it. Luke hunted her down and flat out murdered her ass before realizing he was duped.

>>63729648
Thrawn is dead and gone, noncanon.
>>
>Adam Driver is 32
Never would have guessed it. They should have cast some 40ish dude with a beard to be the bad guy. This pasty wimp isn't intimidating.
>>
>>63724972
kylo wanted to kill him, so the datk side gets stronger in him.
he didnt want to kill him by accident.
>>
I was hoping for somebody like Starkiller.

Instead I saw a long haired angsty Jew.
>>
>>63729648
>Tfw people jerk of Thrawn and Mara Jade so much that people never give Pellaeon his credit as Zahns best created character
>>
>>63731766
>Starkiller
>Not an angsty mary sue piece of shit
I wanted someone who's tough and mysterious as Vader but also an evil piece of shit like Sheev.
>>
>>63724043
The only thing I ever hated about the EU was bringing back a clone of Palpatine.
That is such a dull and boring excuse to bring back a villain.
>>
File: nod.gif (2 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
nod.gif
2 MB, 235x240
>mfw the Yuuzhan Vong are officially wiped from canon
>>
>>63730450
He was handily beating her until she got her bullshit "awakening" and suddenly got ridiculously strong.
>>
>>63731829
I was thinking in terms of looks. Starkiller is how I'd imagine a new Sith to be, for maximum edgelord. Not some emo Jew.
>>
File: personnage-vergere-6426.jpg (25 KB, 299x349) Image search: [Google]
personnage-vergere-6426.jpg
25 KB, 299x349
>>63731532
>Vergere

vergere was a good example of a Dark Jedi who wasn't an inexplicably mustache twirling evil. It was also nice that she appeared in Legacy's flashbacks. Quality Birdfu

>corrupting Tahiri

That's a nice way of saying "fucking her brains out."

>before his sister finally offs him

He only really lost to Jaina cause he was trying to save his daughter from getting killed by a bio-weapon, right?
>>
>>63731861
>the Force is now equivalent to going Super Saiyan
I'm out
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 500x322
>>63725590
Vader literally built most of his body from apare droid parts.
>>
>>63731938
Kek
>>
>>63724423
He's going to become a good guy in/by the third movie.

He's like Zuko from ATLA
>>
File: 1450324081849.jpg (25 KB, 302x325) Image search: [Google]
1450324081849.jpg
25 KB, 302x325
>>63731938
That looks yummy
>>
>>63731358

that would be a headline to read
>>
File: old sheev and hot sheev.jpg (51 KB, 400x612) Image search: [Google]
old sheev and hot sheev.jpg
51 KB, 400x612
>>63731844

>hatin' on Sheev sheevin' his way back into the story in time to sheev everbody's shit up

nigga get some taste
>>
>>63730848
Shatterpoint and Labyrinth of Evil for good prequel era stuff that hasn't been mentioned so far. Shatterpoint is pretty much Heart of Darkness/ Apocalypse Now in the Star Wars universe, and Labyrinth of Evil directly leads into ROTS. It actually makes Grievous a threat, and shows Anakin and Obi-Wan behaving as, you know, good friends.

A lot of the Dark Horse comics are worth reading. The X-Wing Rogue Squadron comics, Star Wars Tales (a bunch of stories that were at the time both canon and non), Dark Times (one of my personal favorites), the KOTOR comics (another favorite), Empire and it's followup Rebellion.

Some of the other stuff I'd rec has already been listed.
>>
>>63731901
I mean, they sort of did that with Galen Marek vs. Sheev, but they at least did it sort of well. This is just "muh stronk wymn beeting le big bad whitey goy."
>>
Why the Fuck do you, nigs call sudious sheev? I'm asking this after ignoring it for at least 5 months
>>
>>63724043

Eu is queer
New movie is queer
Fans are easily tricked fags
Star Wars has been dead for decades
Ewoks killed it

Deal with it homo.
>>
>>63734229
Sheev is just a meme, some fags forced it as his first name. His real name is Desenet Palpatine.
>>
>>63724350
This. Jacen had the character arc that Anakin Skywalker should've had. He actually got pulled into falling to the dark side in a believable way, at each step he seriously thought he was doing the right thing and by the time he realized that he had fucked up, he had gone so far beyond the point of no return that there was nothing to do but keep going.

His killing of Mara Jade was so fucking based I cut the cast off my hand two weeks early so that I could draw the scene.
>>
>>63731532
get out troy denning

vergere did nothing wrong
>>
>>63734286

Isn't Sheev his name in the Disney canon.
>>
And they stole Finn's backstory from Kyp Durron's older brother
>>
>>63724972
And I bet that took you 30 seconds think of and type out.

There are people being paid to spend a shit load of time to write a worse fucking story than this.

JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
>>
>>63724972
Nah, then it would be "WOW REY NICE CHARACTER GETS HAN SOLO KILLED DUE TO HER INCOMPETENCE, GJ WOMAN STRONK" And you know it.
>>
>>63734384
What? No. Films are the primary canon. Nowhere in the films did he say "I'm Sheev". However, he did say in RotS "I am Desenet" - his first name.
>>
File: 1401630093208.jpg (33 KB, 398x380) Image search: [Google]
1401630093208.jpg
33 KB, 398x380
>>63734508
>>
You'd turn into this too if you had to have a sex scene with Lena Dunham.
>>
Really not sure how they thought a sissy metrosexual would be a threatening villain
>>
he reminds me of dr evils son
>>
>>63727025
>rip off the Sun Crusher
>STILL don't have Gwendoline Christie playing Admiral Dalla
JJ why
>>
>>63727025

And the Star Forge's power source
>>
>>63726338
Faaaaag you posted this shit on the SW thread yesterday.
>>
>>63726338
>>63729389

the autism is strong in this thread
>>
>>63724693
he's not a retard he's an absolute madman
>>
>>63731861
I like the idea that she hasn't been on Jakku for as long as she thinks she has, and that she was trained at the academy with Kylo, but Luke mindwiped her with the Force to keep her safe.

I know that's not what's going to happen, but still.
>>
File: Jacen.jpg (18 KB, 200x306) Image search: [Google]
Jacen.jpg
18 KB, 200x306
>>63735090

Jacen "The Madman YOLO" Solo
>>
>>63730848
Darth Bane trilogy
>>
The whole point is that he tries to be the new vader, but everyone (in the movie and the cinema) knows he'll never be as strong as him. So, from a certain point of view, Kylo is nothing like vader. He's insecure and erratic, making for an interesting, new type of villain.
>>
File: ivan_kills_son[1].jpg (276 KB, 550x410) Image search: [Google]
ivan_kills_son[1].jpg
276 KB, 550x410
>>63724972
And then we get this scene
>>
>>63735156
>interesting, new type of villain
>cliched and boring are apparently "interesting" and "new"
>>
>>63731451
Could have sworn George had to sign off on and approve anything in the EU, and had space in the timeline reserved for the prequels. Which made the young Han Solo trilogy interesting
>>
I enjoyed the movie, but I am more interested in seeing the stuff that happened in between VI and VII. Rebels should jump ahead after Ezra dies and be about Poe and the rebels.
>>
so are kylo and rey cousins?

Is she a skywalker?
>>
>>63735436
>but I am more interested in seeing the stuff that happened in between VI and VII.

NuEU is already off to a bad start
http://www.amazon.com/Aftermath-Star-Journey-Force-Awakens/dp/034551162X?tag=duckduckgo-ffsb-20
>>
>>63735631
It's never said, but implied. She can also do anything.
>>
>>63735142

The list of feats Jacen pulls off makes it a mockery to call Kylo Ren, Jacen even if he is supposed to be a NotJacen

Becoming a conduit for the force, directing entire fleets like the emperor, he was in battle getting pounded on by passing frigates in battle and deflected full spaceship blasts like vader did with hans pistol. He turned himself into a deflector. Taking on an entire space station, bigger than the death star, basically by himself and they couldn't even slow him down once he got inside.

And the rube formerly known as Kylo Ren is compared to him, it is just a travesty. Flow walking alone puts him in a different tier than anyone else save Luke Skywalker/Anakin
>>
>>63735641
Hell, about 80% of the new tie-in media for The Force Awakens are junior fiction novels and activity books for children.

And yeah, Check Wendig is a fucking talentless hack.
>>
>>63729483
He says "I'll show you the dark side." He's actually pretty badass at the beginning, until he takes off the mask.
>>
>>63729389
Half of those animes you mentioned are literal trash. I hope you're joking son.
>>
>>63735641
This happens when you rush things. Give it 4 or 5 more years and you'll get semi-good new EU material.
>>
File: 1448487452314.jpg (143 KB, 888x1120) Image search: [Google]
1448487452314.jpg
143 KB, 888x1120
>>63736772

>mfw the NuEU will get increasingly "better" as they copy Legends more and more directly
>>
>>63724558
>>63724797
>Disney pulled an Order 66 on the EU to steal material from it
Poetry.
>>
>>63726338
IRIA man... IRIA.
>>
>>63730842
ace pilot
>>
File: 139483627938.png (563 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
139483627938.png
563 KB, 569x802
>>63735146
>>
>>63731884
Yeah he stopped fighting so he could send a message out to his daughter at which point Jaina went right through his chest with her saber
>>
>>63736425

Kylo Ren feels more like a Sithaboo, whose greatest achievement so far is killing his father in the most dishonorable fashion out of some kind of religious and unquestioning devotion to his "leader". By Sith standards, that just makes him a disposable goon because he has no ambition. Jacen on the other hand basically became what his grandfather failed to become.
>>
>>63736425
Luke's progression from fledgling Jedi who made it up as he went along to basically a god was my favorite thing about the old EU

This shit about giving up and then fucking off for 4 decades is tragic
>>
>>63728159
he doesnt have robot arms or he'd have chainsaw hands and not break the five-foot barrier in height

you're not the boss of tiger-bot vader
>>
Is it me or was Snoke straight out from a Nolan flick. Maybe it's my autismo but i was really bothered by the fact he said 'hey edgelord, you'll have to battle Han Solo WHO IS YOUR FATHER BTW'. I mean, didnt abrams and co know about subtlety
>>
>>63736496

That's because by smothering children in SW brand now, disnsy is conditioning the next generation to look upon star wars with nostalgia as adults. thus locking in the future market. Smart on Disney's part.
>>
File: ANewDawn.png (4 MB, 1046x1572) Image search: [Google]
ANewDawn.png
4 MB, 1046x1572
>>63736496
I got this for Christmas last year and I have yet to read a single sentence, they really just killed my interest in the entire franchise
>>
>>63738562
>hey edgelord, you'll have to battle Han Solo WHO IS YOUR FATHER BTW
Also
>We'll see... we'll see

He sounded like Saturday cartoon villain straight from some B-tier Marvel movie.
>>
>>63736496
>Most of the new media for Star Wars is aimed at children instead of neckbeards on image boards
What's the problem?
>>
>>63734305
>so that I could draw the scene.

post it
>>
>>63724797
>Legally ambivalent
>>
>>63738753
When is the last time you saw a kid reading a book?
>>
>>63731328
To inspire respect and fear
>>
>>63729389
Nice pasta
>>
>>63725590
This is David Prowse- he played Vader and they dubbed his voice cause he doesnt sound threatening
>>
>>63739327
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSm9DDxQv8E
>>
so is rey luke's daughter
>>
>>63724423
This

Vader was a big black bull, not a sissy whyte boi
>>
>>63739516
>>63739327
>>
>>63739364
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggh holy shit
>>
Finn=Kyle
Kylo=Jacen
Snoke=Thrawn or Shimrra
First Order=Imperial Remnants

I guess Rey is Jaina
>>
>>63739364
Prowse was pretty good if the goal was to contrast this imposing figure with the voice of a gentleman.
>>
>>63739871
He did a great job, all the marching around, arm crossing and powerful movement we associate with vader was him
>>
>>63736678
So, taking his mask off was extremely painful ... for us
>>
>>63734508
>I am Desenet.
>I am the Senate.
>>
>>63724972
i like this
>>
>>63724423
>What an unlikeable character.
its supposed to be this way, maaan.
>>
>>63724423
He is the young sith apprentice with serious anger management problems and a shit load of daddy issues.

You're not supposed to like him.
>>
>>63724972
that is retarded, they did it better fag
>>
>>63737228

Disney Purges the Star Wars Expanded Universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMp5BFnAW3E
>>
>>63738279
>Luke's progression from fledgling Jedi who made it up as he went along to basically a god
elaborate on that matter, what was his highest?
>>
>>63738532
Mechanical arms then if you really insist.
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.