[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: d23%20star%20wars2.jpg (125 KB, 750x499) Image search: [Google]
d23%20star%20wars2.jpg
125 KB, 750x499
>So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause.
>>
Gotta crank em out like Marvel.
>>
>>63721803

seriously f/am the only thing that I'm excited on that is Rogue One just for Donnie Chen
>>
I'm actually really excited for VIII right now. Saw the new movie today.
>>
File: wtf.png (292 KB, 561x552) Image search: [Google]
wtf.png
292 KB, 561x552
>>63721803
>mfw Disney will make as many SW movies in 6 years as Lucas did in 28
>>
>Expecting Disney to not squeeze SW dry for every last shekel
>>
>han solo movie
>han visits tatooine to visit a contact/customer/whatever fits the plot of the movie
>scene in classic cantina
>greying ewan mcgregor in the background for a second

>obi-wan movie
>obi-wan living in seclusion
>gets distress call/must save a small village/is hunted by darth maul/whatever fits the plot of the movie
>scene in classic cantina
>young han is seen briefly in the background

This is the kind of fan service I want. The blink-and-you'll-miss-it kind.
>>
>>63721845
At least it's only one a year. Marvel puts out two or three.
>>
>>63722254
That kind of thing doesn't work nowadays

It'll be all in your face, don't worry about that
>>
>>63721803
I was hoping this shit wouldn't happen till after I died. I'm only 20 and this is only the beginning. Just fuck my shit up
>>
>>63721803

>Star Wars Story

is this some kind of West Side Story but on a Star Wars setting?
>>
>>63722211
George Lucas was a man of vision. The Star Wars films were without question works that could not have existed without him (even the ones he didn't direct, he still was the authoritative hand guiding the project). Disney's Star Wars movies are going to be treacle designed by committee, made to sell bb-8 dolls and t-shirts to fangirls.

If you prefer any of the Disney Star Wars movies to the George Lucas versions, then you need to stop watching movies.
>>
Friendly reminder that TFA spoilers are all over 4chan so you'd better leave right now and come back after you've seen it.
>>
File: 1450129924482.png (116 KB, 271x310) Image search: [Google]
1450129924482.png
116 KB, 271x310
Will there ever be a movie made again that isn't a sequel, prequel, reboot, or "Call of Duty" style annual franchise?
>>
>>63722320
I disagree. Obi-wan and Han never met before that. It'd HAVE to be like I described it. Obi-wan can meet Boba Fett though! That would be a cool plot for a movie.
>>
>>63722390
>Scene with Han conducting a smuggling deal
>big explosion in the background
>Ben comes out lightsaber in hand jumping around slaughtering troopers/sand people
>mind trick Han "you never saw me"
>winks at the camera before backflipping away
>>
>>63722367

Fuck you, all the artistic intent in the world didn't save the PT from being steaming piles of shit.

Execution is what matters at the end of the day.
>>
>>63722376
I'm waiting for the remake of Fight Club
>>
>>63722491
Ideas are the thing that forces the movement of the world. People remembers Wright brothers, not the engineers who designed Boeing 747, even if the later was better executed.
>>
>>63721803
This is JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63722641

Art is not machinery.
>>
>>63722645
is this pasta
>>
>>63722485
>"I don't know who's more foolish, the fool or the fool who ENJOYS THE PREQUELS AMIRITE?"
>*wink wink* XD
>ben and han start laughing hysterically as Mickey Mouse is raping them to death
>>
what is star wars story supposed to be
>>
>>63722591

>starring Michael B. Jordan and Boyega
>>
>>63722679
yes
>>
>>63722729
excellent
>>
>>63722705
Han Solo probably.
>>
>>63722158
This is JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63722645

Is this full speed autism or pasta? I can't tell.
>>
>>63722679

yes and in several threads now. that autist who found the pasta amusing is jacking off and posting it in as many threads as possible hoping to get epic replies.

i kinda pity him since its the only approval that he'll get this year to be honest
>>
>>63722376
It was called Avatar and it made 2 POINT 8 B I L L I O N dollars
>>
>>63722863
and it was garbage
>>
>>63722863
And there's 2 others planned
>>
>>63722863

The #1 Movie that change Cinema forever
>>
>>63722795
It was already posted in this same thread...
>>
>>63722912

3 more. Avatar is a stand-alone film and the other 3 are a 3 part trilogy, however Jim says each film will be a stand-alone movie in it's own right.
>>
>>63723000
trips confirm

based Jim
>>
>>63722351
Wasn't this just the working title for the Han prequel before they had decided what they were doing
>>
>>63721803
Starwars really needs a tv series. Something like the clone wars only for a more adult audience.
>>
File: 1408210314380.jpg (30 KB, 596x846) Image search: [Google]
1408210314380.jpg
30 KB, 596x846
>>63723000
>>63723044

TRIBS->DABS->SONGLES

Jimbro trilogy right here
>>
>>63723403

They're making a sitcom.
>>
>>63723044
And Avatar is 83% on RT and 7.9/10 on IDBM
>>
>>63723403
what is Star Wars Rebels
>>
>>63722351
>>63723270
That's just what they're calling the Star Wars Anthology series now.
>>
File: 1413104059799.png (970 KB, 628x594) Image search: [Google]
1413104059799.png
970 KB, 628x594
>>63721803
This is what you wanted. This is what you asked for.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.